April 19, 2024, 05:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #13 2/13/10 -  (Read 448203 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2700 on: February 26, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

Night Monkeys. I called my mom to tell her about Joe and she was disinterested and said she would call back. I am thankful I have you monkeys to talk to about him and give me hope.  an angelic monkey I really appreciate it. Sleep well, since Josef isn't here I am going to try and get to the rink really early. 
You sleep well tonight, Josef will be fine. I'm going to go to bed and watch tv. See you all in the morning.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2701 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

just stopping in to say hello and good nite! I am too far behind to catch up...hope I haven't missed anything important...any major things that I need to know about any monkey friends...thanks and talk to you sometime tomorrow..busy day again tomorrow! whew!

mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2702 on: February 26, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys: Can you please read a note I left in the Chelsea King thread. TIA

Edit to add-
Link to mgoblues post in Chelsea King's thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7233.msg1083551#msg1083551
MuffyBee
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:01:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2703 on: February 26, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »

Ok I just got caught up and first and foremost JSM I am glad to hear that Josef is being treated and will be ok - I know you must have been terrified - now you can relax.

Tevye - 

As I was catching up I was LMAO at NoRose and her carcass going to Walmart with her crooked figure finger, not to mention the condoms you put on it - OMG I had tears, that and Trimm describing the beotch secretary.................my stomach hurts.

It looks like I need to head over to Caylee's thread and catch up.  I went and got my glasses hit the liquor and grocery store - needless to say that shot a big hole in the check book.    Back in a bit.
Hope you are enjoying your new glasses, and next time you will have to buy less liquor so it won't shoot a hole in the check book 
Damn my secret is out.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2704 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »

JSM you are a very good mom - don't be so hard on yourself sometimes we don't know for sure what is happening to our fur babies - we do the best we can with the symptoms we see and you acted with love and concern as soon as you could - some people never act at all. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2705 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6888725.html
8.8-magnitude earthquake hits central Chile
By EVA VERGARA Associated Press Writer © 2010 The Associated Press
Feb. 27, 2010, 5:28AM

SANTIAGO, Chile — A massive 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile early Saturday, collapsing buildings, killing at least 16 people and downing phone lines. President Michele Bachelet declared a "state of catastrophe" in central Chile and said the death toll was rising.

Tsunami warnings were issued over a wide area, including South America, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, the Philippines, Russia and many Pacific islands.

"We have had a huge earthquake, with some aftershocks," Bachelet said, appealing from an emergency response center for Chileans to remain calm. "Despite this, the system is functioning. People should remain calm. We're doing everything we can with all the forces we have. Any information we will share immediately."

Bachelet said early reports were that 16 people had been killed, and "without a doubt, with an earthquake of this magnitude, there will be more deaths."

In the 2 1/2 hours following the 90-second quake, the U.S. Geological Survey reported 11 aftershocks, of which five measured 6.0 or above.

She urged people to avoid traveling in the dark, since traffic lights are down, to avoid causing more fatalities.

The quake hit 200 miles (325 kilometers) southwest of the capital, Santiago, at a depth of 22 miles (35 kilometers) at 3:34 a.m. (0634 GMT; 1:34 a.m. EST), the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The epicenter was just 70 miles (115 kilometers) from Concepcion, Chile's second-largest city, where more than 200,000 people live along the Bio Bio river, and 60 miles from the ski town of Chillan, a gateway to Andean ski resorts that was destroyed in a 1939 earthquake.
In Santiago, the capital, modern buildings are built to withstand earthquakes, but many older ones were heavily damaged, including the Nuestra Senora de la Providencia church, whose bell tower collapsed. An apartment building's two-level parking lot also flattened onto the ground floor, smashing about 50 cars whose alarms and horns rang incessantly. A bridge just outside the capital also collapsed, and at least one car flipped upside down.

In the coastal city of Vina del Mar, the earthquake struck just as people were leaving a disco, Julio Alvarez told Radio Cooperativa in Santiago. "It was very bad, people were screaming, some people were running, others appeared paralyzed. I was one of them."

Bachelet said she was declaring a "state of catastrophe" in 3 central regions of the country, and that while emergency responders were waiting for first light to get details, it was evident that damage was extensive.

She said the initial death toll was 16, "but we cannot dismiss the possibility of more," and encouraged people to stay home and not travel unless strictly necessary.

Several hospitals have been evacuated due to earthquake damage, she said, and communications with the city of Concepcion remained down. She planned to tour the affected region as quickly as possible to get a better idea of the damage.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center called for "urgent action to protect lives and property" in Hawaii, which is among 53 nations and territories subject to tsunami warnings.

A huge wave reached a populated area in the Robinson Crusoe Islands, 410 miles (660 kilometers) off the Chilean coast, Bachelet said. There were no immediate reports of major damage there, she added.

"Sea level readings indicate a tsunami was generated. It may have been destructive along coasts near the earthquake epicenter and could also be a threat to more distant coasts," the warning center said. It did not expect a tsunami along the west of the U.S. or Canada but was continuing to monitor the situation.

The largest earthquake ever recorded struck the same area of Chile on May 22, 1960. The magnitude-9.5 quake killed 1,655 people and left 2 million homeless. The tsunami that it caused killed people in Hawaii, Japan and the Philippines and caused damage to the west coast of the United States.

___

Associated Press Television News cameraman Mauricio Cuevas contributed to this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2706 on: February 27, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »

Hey Monkeys   

Live Coverage From Chile
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tv-de-chile

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2707 on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:40 AM »

Happy Birthday to Island Monkey!   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2708 on: February 27, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

Hey Monkeys   

Live Coverage From Chile
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tv-de-chile

Thread started on earthquake.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7240.0

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2709 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »

Thanks Trimm    Happy Birthday IslandMonkey    Hope Mr Josef is feeling better this morning.  an angelic monkey  Will go check out Chelsea's thread thank-you.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2710 on: February 27, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

By the time I caught up with reading last night everyone was gone.

JSM, I hope Josef is doing so much better today. He is lucky to have you as a mommy.

Tevye , so sorry you are having such rough days, praying that you are feeling better today and that you are on the road to recovery. God Bless!

NRCG....glad you found a splint for you finger.I hope you can get the foot looked at soon.

Well real life is calling, I will catch up with you guys later tonight. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We have sunshine but high winds and cold temps.

Have a great day
Darla

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2711 on: February 27, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »

Hi Darla, hope your day goes well  an angelic monkey You have cold temps and wind, we have a lot of rain.   Tonight my husband and I have to go too dinner with my youngest daughter's boyfriend. We have never met him. I have a list of things that we should refrain from saying, because he is so sensitive  Politics is out, because that always ends in a fight, I can't make comments about what someone is wearing and say rude comments about that person. I have to try to be politically correct  I love that one, cause that won't happen. My daughter's sense of humor is like mine, sarcastic and dark. This guy sounds like a real dullard, I pray he doesn't start crying at the table  I told my husband we will just have to keep our mouths full of food, so we don't mess up 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2712 on: February 27, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »

Thanks Trimm    Happy Birthday IslandMonkey    Hope Mr Josef is feeling better this morning.  an angelic monkey  Will go check out Chelsea's thread thank-you.

Good morning, no rose, Trimm (thanks for the TV stream, wish I spoke Spanish.) HB IM. Good morning, TBM.

Been watching the Chile earthquake coverage since about 5 am this morning. Looks bad to me. 8.8 on the richter scale. Haiti's was 7.0. But Chile builds their buildings and infrastructure better than Haiti did. Still, looks devastating and I believe the death count will climb. Very sad.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2713 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »

Hi Darla, hope your day goes well  an angelic monkey You have cold temps and wind, we have a lot of rain.   Tonight my husband and I have to go too dinner with my youngest daughter's boyfriend. We have never met him. I have a list of things that we should refrain from saying, because he is so sensitive  Politics is out, because that always ends in a fight, I can't make comments about what someone is wearing and say rude comments about that person. I have to try to be politically correct  I love that one, cause that won't happen. My daughter's sense of humor is like mine, sarcastic and dark. This guy sounds like a real dullard, I pray he doesn't start crying at the table  I told my husband we will just have to keep our mouths full of food, so we don't mess up 

That is so funny, no rose.

And it takes a lot for me to laugh in the morning. LOL

I am NOT a morning person!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2714 on: February 27, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »

That is so funny, no rose.

And it takes a lot for me to laugh in the morning. LOL

I am NOT a morning person!
Gotta love my dad, he says too me over the phone, don't mess this up, here is the chance to marry her off. My dad doesn't mince any words 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2715 on: February 27, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »

Break out in song during dessert!   
Sammy Davis Jr. - I Gotta Be Me
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbLlCxK0pHY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rbLlCxK0pHY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2716 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »

Break out in song during dessert!   
Sammy Davis Jr. - I Gotta Be Me
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbLlCxK0pHY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rbLlCxK0pHY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>
I love it, but something tells me this Michael dude isn't going to like the real me  I will be on my best behavior and won't drill him with questions. He is some computer graphics person and also is a disc jockey that spins those stupid records to that irritating music that I can't stand. He is the direct opposite of my daughter, my daughter hates that music, she is a huge Tom Petty and Weezer fan.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2717 on: February 27, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »

too funny! let us know how it goes Rosie!

We had our first showing on our house today...I am shocked that it happened so fast...We just put it on the market like Tuesday and they called Friday! I thought for sure that it would take a few months to get response...maybe the housing market is moving a bit...the worst part is having to be out of our house with the showings, take our dog and drive around till they leave..but that is all part of it isn't it?
Made the offer on the other house...haven't heard yet if they are accepting it or countering...maybe Monday.
How is everyone else today?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2718 on: February 27, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »

too funny! let us know how it goes Rosie!

We had our first showing on our house today...I am shocked that it happened so fast...We just put it on the market like Tuesday and they called Friday! I thought for sure that it would take a few months to get response...maybe the housing market is moving a bit...the worst part is having to be out of our house with the showings, take our dog and drive around till they leave..but that is all part of it isn't it?
Made the offer on the other house...haven't heard yet if they are accepting it or countering...maybe Monday.
How is everyone else today?
That's great, I remember having to do that when the kids were small. In some areas perhaps the housing market is moving, I noticed around here the houses are selling faster then they did months ago. I will let you know how it goes, I just want it done and over with, I get nervous with meeting new people, and then having to put on my best behavior.....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2719 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »

Report: Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

Posted Feb 27th 2010 2:34PM by TMZ Staff

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to Entertainment Tonight.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, reportedly jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

ET says Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0glmJAln5
   an angelic monkey Prayers for the Osmond family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.