April 26, 2024, 09:31:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #830 2/25/10 - 3/13/10  (Read 409782 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: March 02, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »

Joran didn't get paid for the Range Rover tape, did he?

If he was in on it, wouldn't he have been clear that Natalee was dead before disposal, instead of unsure?

Buckeye ... I have not read anywhere that Joran received any compensation in regards to the Range Rover recording.  However ... Peter Devries reaped an $830,000 windfall from ABC and ... Peter Devries reaped $300,000 out of that windfall.

Janet

+++++++

ACCORDING TO PETER DEVRIES - FEBRUARY 8, 2008

CRIME
Cracking the Holloway Case?
Meet the crime writer who believes he's solved the mystery.
By Catharine Skipp | Newsweek Web Exclusive
Feb 8, 2008 | Updated: 10:56  a.m. ET Feb 8, 2008

What is in this for van der Eem?

Patrick tells us he just wants to help solve this. He has two children and he is Aruban. He hates what this case has done to Aruba.

Was he compensated for his assistance?

We paid him 25,000 euros ($37,000) over five months.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/2

ACCORDING TO PATRICK VANDER EEM - FEBRUARY 2, 2008

Disposed - Patrick vander Eem

Chapter 21

Friday the second of February the prosecutor’s office of Aruba announced that it would reopen the Holloway case

The night before Peter Schouten had sealed an exclusive deal with ABC in his hotel room with a handwritten contract. After the interview he told me the amount he sold the rights for to ABC. I was astonished and had to pinch myself in my arm.

Chapter 23

The ironic thing of it all is that I roughly got my three hundred thousand Euros after all but in a way completely unexpected. When Peter R offered me half of the rights on foreign sold clips I was told not to expect much. Endemol had no experience selling these clips and even if they did the shelf life of the product is short, only a few days, and seldom sells for much. No one could have predicted that Peter Schouten would walk in and in a matter of days strike an exclusive deal with ABC for 830,000 dollars.  Endemol themselves managed to sell only a few thousand Euros worth in Europe.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13561414/Patrick-van-der-Eem-book

I think Glenda would have "let it slip" that Joran made money off of the tapes, if that was his motive.  Instead, the "Joran group" just says he said what Patrick wanted to hear.  They gave a reason for the lie but they have not hesitated to point out the other "paid" interviews.  If he was in on it, I just think the money angle would have been mentioned.  Discussions within the tapes and after the tapes lead me to believe Joran was in the dark.  That doesn't mean he told the whole truth.  I'm sure he lies behind closed doors (and autos).

Buckeye

Considering the Dutch investigators at the the highest level were forwarned by Patrick regarding his plans to secretly record Joran and ... considering the Aruban prosecutor's office had input in regards to questions ... I suspect Joran received a heads-up and ... that is the reason for all the lies that spewed from his lips.

I have read the transcript of each ride over and over again and ... other than the seizure segment ... in my opinion no truth was revealed.  All Joran's words can be disputed by the archives.

If I am wrong ... I wish you would share.

Janet

+++++++

THE PERSISTENCE UNDERTAKING

private eye
Discussion #742 3/10 -
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »

... But sharing information with people who work for people who are directly orchestrating the cover up, Rudy, or the Dutch, is the most irresponsible investigating I can imagine. What kills this investigation is people having to come into it, wanting to apply basic investigatory protocols into place, and then having those channels sabotage the new evidence that the new players discover. Of course, as is happened everytime in this case, the new people eventually come to a point where the manipulation of the evidence is undeniable, but by then the fruits of their work are gone, and there is simply another member of the believers of the cover up group. What I pray that Kyle and the crew of the Persistence will determine, is that regardless of how hard working the man that they are working with appears to work, his work belongs to Rudy, and Rudy belongs to the local dutch.

We are not hysterical, ignorant, paranoid people. We have seen the cover up in action, in broad daylight, with impunity, and if you disregard our warnings, you will become the next chump in a series of chumps, no matter how sophisticated your equipment, the level of your educational achievement, or the extent of your job skills and work history.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2689.msg364750#msg364750

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1041 on: March 02, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »

If he was in on it, wouldn't he have been clear that Natalee was dead before disposal, instead of unsure?

I believe Van der Straten is referring to the most recent confession that Terror Jaap paid him for.  iirc the story was that Terror Jaap bailed him out of some gambling debt, and for that Joran took the lie detector.  Then later, Jaap paid him for the sit down talk that was shown later in the show.

jmo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: March 02, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »

Buckeye ... I have not read anywhere that Joran received any compensation in regards to the Range Rover recording.  However ... Peter Devries reaped an $830,000 windfall from ABC and ... Peter Devries reaped $300,000 out of that windfall.

Janet

+++++++

ACCORDING TO PETER DEVRIES - FEBRUARY 8, 2008

CRIME
Cracking the Holloway Case?
Meet the crime writer who believes he's solved the mystery.
By Catharine Skipp | Newsweek Web Exclusive
Feb 8, 2008 | Updated: 10:56  a.m. ET Feb 8, 2008

What is in this for van der Eem?

Patrick tells us he just wants to help solve this. He has two children and he is Aruban. He hates what this case has done to Aruba.

Was he compensated for his assistance?

We paid him 25,000 euros ($37,000) over five months.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/2

ACCORDING TO PATRICK VANDER EEM - FEBRUARY 2, 2008

Disposed - Patrick vander Eem

Chapter 21

Friday the second of February the prosecutor’s office of Aruba announced that it would reopen the Holloway case

The night before Peter Schouten had sealed an exclusive deal with ABC in his hotel room with a handwritten contract. After the interview he told me the amount he sold the rights for to ABC. I was astonished and had to pinch myself in my arm.

Chapter 23

The ironic thing of it all is that I roughly got my three hundred thousand Euros after all but in a way completely unexpected. When Peter R offered me half of the rights on foreign sold clips I was told not to expect much. Endemol had no experience selling these clips and even if they did the shelf life of the product is short, only a few days, and seldom sells for much. No one could have predicted that Peter Schouten would walk in and in a matter of days strike an exclusive deal with ABC for 830,000 dollars.  Endemol themselves managed to sell only a few thousand Euros worth in Europe.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13561414/Patrick-van-der-Eem-book

I believe that says that Peter Schouten got $830,000.  i do not see Peter R. DeVries name mentioned.

We have seen all of this information many, many times.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »

02 - 01 - 2008 / 5:15 p.m. (G.M.T.)
ABC obtains broadcast rights of Natalee Holloway report

ABC has obtained the American broadcast rights of the Natalee Holloway report produced by Peter R. DeVries. ABC will broadcast the program Monday evening.

The American television channel will present a special edition of the program 20/20, based on the report by Peter R. DeVries. The program will be broadcast from coast to coast Monday evening from 9:30 to 11:00 p.m. (EDT). Today Goodmorning America has started showing previews.

Peter Schouten, spokesman of Peter R. DeVries’s production company Endemol will not disclose how much ABC payed for the deal.

Sunday night 8:30 p.m. (GMT) the Dutch television station SBS6 will present the report on the Natalee Holloway case for the first time.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: March 02, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »

02 - 01 - 2008 / 5:15 p.m. (G.M.T.)
ABC obtains broadcast rights of Natalee Holloway report

ABC has obtained the American broadcast rights of the Natalee Holloway report produced by Peter R. DeVries. ABC will broadcast the program Monday evening.

The American television channel will present a special edition of the program 20/20, based on the report by Peter R. DeVries. The program will be broadcast from coast to coast Monday evening from 9:30 to 11:00 p.m. (EDT). Today Goodmorning America has started showing previews.

Peter Schouten, spokesman of Peter R. DeVries’s production company Endemol will not disclose how much ABC payed for the deal.

Sunday night 8:30 p.m. (GMT) the Dutch television station SBS6 will present the report on the Natalee Holloway case for the first time.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/

I am not attacking.....just saying.  We all know how you feel about Peter R. DeVries.  We have heard it repeatedly
for months.  I don't think many here have changed their minds.  Why not move on to Terror Jaap?

It just isn't nice to try to poke something down other posters throats.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »

Looks like Aline's name has changed from Hibbert to Harms.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1046 on: March 02, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

02/03/2010Aruba unconvinced by latest Joran confession
The Aruban public prosecutor's office believes Joran van der Sloot’s latest television confession is ‘unreliable’. Dutch broadcaster RTL aired Mr van der Sloot’s latest version of the death of Natalee Holloway on Sunday.

In the interview Mr Van der Sloot was questioned by the former reality show contestant “Terror Jaap” about the fateful evening in 2005 while he was monitored by a lie detector. He now claims the American girl fell of a balcony under the influence of cocaine and he left her body in a swamp at the Bulbali bird sanctuary.

The Aruban police received a copy of the interview in August 2009, just after it was filmed. Both Aruban and Dutch experts have examined the tape thoroughly and concluded that the timeline is plausible, but that other elements are out of order.

It has been almost five years since Natalee Holloway disappeared and, police say, if she was left in a swamp only minute traces of her body will be found. They have asked Mr van der Sloot to tell them exactly where in the 70-hectare swamp he left her remains. However, even though he said in the interview that he was willing to pinpoint her location, he has subsequently repeatedly refused to do so.

So far the police have been unable to collect sufficient evidence to arrest and charge Joran van der Sloot.

http://www.expatica.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: March 02, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

It is nothing new, but at least it is in English. 

Who is the Maria on Aline's page?  Remember Van der Straaten's niece named Maria that came here
and chastised us for speaking ill of her uncle?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: March 02, 2010, 08:36:44 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

Who is the Maria on Aline's page?  Remember Van der Straaten's niece named Maria that came here

That's not Maria, it's Mana and the name of a band.  Those aren't friends but groups she belongs to. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: March 02, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

I didn't see Maria...and she has so many friends!   

But I think I may have found her man! 

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=1557024193

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1051 on: March 02, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

That's not Maria, it's Mana and the name of a band.  Those aren't friends but groups she belongs to. 

OHhhhhhhh!     Better get my glasses checked.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: March 02, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:17 PM »

Thanks Magnolia!   

I couldn't tell either until I searched her friends for Maria and I came up empty.  Then I noticed it was in the groups and not friends then I looked closer and noticed it was Mana and not Maria    I thought the same as you at first.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: March 02, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=765&Itemid=1

Dutch Kingdom Ministers of Justice agree   

Tuesday, 02 March 2010

ORANJESTAD - It is of major importance to address the issues that may lead teenagers and young adults, mostly male to become criminals. Ministers of Justice of the Kingdom met in Aruba for the bi-annual tripartite meeting where they discussed topics of common interest and how to strengthen cooperation to improve compliance with international standards.

The meeting was deemed as constructive and successful. Minister of Justice of The Netherlands Antilles Magali Jacoba, Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin of The Netherlands and their host, Aruba Minister of Justice Arthur Dowers were engaged in intensive meetings here yesterday, find common ground on a number of topics, such as included improvement of the prison systems in the Kingdom according to European human right commission standards, further expansion of and collaboration for acting against human trafficking and abuse and fortification of border control measures.

The topic of problematic and criminal youth from particularly Antillean descent in The Netherlands has always been a point of contention between the Dutch and Antillean governments. Moving from a controversial intention to ‘register’ problematic youngsters residing in Dutch cities, according to country of origin, has been changed to a more social approach, based on what Minister Hirsch Ballin calls the ‘Satetyhouse System’.

This system entails a holistic method of addressing the main causes that could lead or led a youngster or young adult into the world of crime. Unlike previous intentions, this system does not single out groups, but focuses on specific cases, where social and judicial entities focus on the family background of the suspect, the upbringing, drug and alcohol use and whether the individual has a learning disability or not. By identifying conditions that could lead or could have led to a criminal behavior, it makes it possible to try to reform youngsters or young adults, the Dutch Minister of Justice said. Crucial in this approach is a comprehensive cooperation between all relevant entities.

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1055 on: March 02, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »

I agree he is sending messages.  He is a pompous ass.  He doesn't think anybody CAN take him out.

You're undoubtedly right Mag, in that he thinks no one can touch him.  I believe he's going to be in for a rude awakening!

Just reading all the responses in Dutch and papi to those latest articles about him and what he's done - there are many, many people who hate him, and are extremely angry with him.  All it's going to take is for his words to affect just one person in a profound way...I think he has entered some dangerous territory, and I really won't be at all surprised if he's the next Arubacide we hear about.

Do we need one of these  with 'hand in pocket' ??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/aruba-unconvinced-latest-joran-confession

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »

I agree he is sending messages.  He is a pompous ass.  He doesn't think anybody CAN take him out.

You're undoubtedly right Mag, in that he thinks no one can touch him.  I believe he's going to be in for a rude awakening!

Just reading all the responses in Dutch and papi to those latest articles about him and what he's done - there are many, many people who hate him, and are extremely angry with him.  All it's going to take is for his words to affect just one person in a profound way...I think he has entered some dangerous territory, and I really won't be at all surprised if he's the next Arubacide we hear about.

Do we need one of these  with 'hand in pocket' ??

This is a recent article from Awe Mainta

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

2/2/2010 Awe Mainta Page 19

man antillean liquida on caya at in bosch

pa: godfried adem

amsterdam - one man antillean owing to lose his life on caya at in bosch after of one tiroteo cu did take lugar diabierne ultimo. he here will end of leave for of one coffeeshop at instant cu for of one car cu owing to core slow in his near one or more person owing to los several disparo on dje. the victima owing to fayece ne sitio self. the victima owing to stay identifica for testigonan because; he antillean cu is take away of name quincy. kico till motibo pe acto here still do not conoci, but have indicacion cu is deal of one liquidacion. autoridadnan self do not give mucho informacion, but saturday ultimo owing to cuminsa cu one ‘buurtonderzoek’, this after of owing to listen some witness for of diabierne end. one witness owing to count ; cu still at instant cu quincy owing to cay abao at floor on trotior y was dead end still one person for of in car owing to sigi sift this cu ball probably for of one arm automatico.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php

Papiamentu translation:

several person injury hour cu gazebo owing to collaps at moomba beach

policial

tuesday, 02 march 2010 - 22:24
bomberonan, police, several ambulance is present at moomba beach after cu owing to enter informacion cu palapa owing to cay on several tourist. the first informacion is papiando of eight person injury. several of the hendenan was comiendo hour cu the gazebo y not the palapa owing to come abao y injury esnan cu was bao of dje. autoridad y also others personal of emergencia cu owing to arrive at the sitio owing to cuminsa give asistencia at once. standby for fotonan cu is at caminda in the proximo minuutnan...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: March 02, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »

Pictures here:

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=2810&offId=0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.