April 23, 2024, 08:06:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Olympics! 2010  (Read 2655 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« on: February 14, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »

I enjoyed watching Ono win again.  

Gotta admit after the fatal accident I can hardly watch the luge events...makes me nervous.

So you guys got any hometown heroes we can all cheer on?  

Only one I know of from here so far is a former walk on football player (he ended up a starter) that is on the mens Bobsled team.  Going for gold.
Edit to add yr. to subject title.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:49:14 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:06:24 PM »

i love the olympics and the stories....i admit summer is better but i am still a sucker for the winter as well. apolo ohno is something but the other american the 19 year old the won the bronze....his story about crashing and cutting his leg 1/4 in from his femoral artery, blood all over the ice and the 60 stitches required, then the hard training to get back to competitive skating was great to see rewarded. he was a cutis too!
the luge accident was just awful. but they have done a lot to reduce the speeds....men are starting at the womens start and womens have been moved down....they have worked on the angle of the last turn and they have built a wall where he flew over. i see a law suit over the designers of the original track coming.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »

Shawn White was amazing in going for gold!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »

Spelling correction. That is Shaun White. My son believes he is his new hero. I'm glad he went for it after winning the Gold. Very amazing trick at the end. Its nice to see that he is living in the Village instead of where the millionaire athletes usually live with butlers etc. My son was quick to point out that Shaun took in a cool 8 million last year.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

Spelling correction. That is Shaun White. My son believes he is his new hero. I'm glad he went for it after winning the Gold. Very amazing trick at the end. Its nice to see that he is living in the Village instead of where the millionaire athletes usually live with butlers etc. My son was quick to point out that Shaun took in a cool 8 million last year.

8 million?

I do have two beautiful daughters....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »

Speaking of the Olympics....what in the heck is wrong with Bob Costas' hair? Is it a wig or a bad dye job? 

It's kind of a distraction because it's so....odd.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:30 AM »

Speaking of the Olympics....what in the heck is wrong with Bob Costas' hair? Is it a wig or a bad dye job? 

It's kind of a distraction because it's so....odd.
LOL... lots of people saying the same thing... can't believe no one told him he looks bizarre. 

I must be old cuz I didn't enjoy the snowboarding.. thought it drug on forever.  US doing a nice job so far.  8 million?  For a young kid?  Wow huh?
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »

Shaun seems like a nice enough young adult. Just wanted you to know that its 8 million last year only. He appears in the X-Games for snow boarding plus endorsements. That number will only go up this year.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:24 PM »

I couldn't stay up to watch the ladies finals but i sure am glad the Canadian gal got a medal.  Bless her heart and how tragic huh?

I'm pumped!  Men's bobsled team with the former Husker walkon player is currently in FIRST after first 2 rounds of the final competition.  Bring it home Curt Tomasevicz!!!!  Proud of you!  He's from a town of like 200 people and they are partying down to night no doubt.   

I gotta tell ya though... that course scares the crap outta me.  When pros are bowing out of the competition due to the speed of that course....tells me only madmen would race on it.

Men's hockey team gonna play for the gold too... Some good stuff.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »

Coooooooooooool Runnings!     We won!!!

Like the guy said on TV... everyone in Shelby was watching.  You can bet on that.   

I looked it up on a map - know its close.  It is only 20 miles from me.  I gotta drive thru it next weekend en route to another wrestling tournament.  They'll probably still be partying. ha.   

Well... tomorrow is it for the Olympics.  That went fast.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.