April 24, 2024, 06:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Budget Includes Outline for Carbon Market  (Read 1404 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 14, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »

Last year, a minor ruckus--I say minor because over the course of the year and a few town hall 'debates' about 'death panels' later we got to see what real ruckuses looked like--ensued when the Obama administration included an outline for a cap and trade program in his budget. Republicans were angry that it projected that there would be $646 billion generated in revenues from a carbon market, since no legislation capping carbon emissions had been passed. This year, in order to avoid such a brouhaha, Obama has included the outline for the program still--but none of the projected revenue it would generate for the federal government.

The Obama deficit spending is due to the failure to pass cap and tax legislation?

read more here - http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/02/obamas-budget-includes-carbon-market-outline.php

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

Are carbon credit markets inherently prone to fraud and manipulation?

by Michael Giberson on 02/12/2010 09:07   0 comments , 336 views

The headlines about fraud in Europe’s carbon credit trading system (2010: “Fraud Besets E.U. Carbon Trade System,” 2009: “Europol: $7.4 Billion Lost from Carbon Trading Fraud in Europe“) seem to confirm what some critics of carbon credit trading have been saying all along (2007: “Carbon Trading Open Invitation To Fraud,” 2007: “The greenhouse gas emission trading scam“).  Are these news stories proof that the critics are right? Are carbon credit markets inherently susceptible to fraud?

more here - http://theenergycollective.com/TheEnergyCollective/58798

Does this mean there will befraud and manipulation in Obama's budget too?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.