March 29, 2024, 12:24:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota v. Goldman Sachs  (Read 1352 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 15, 2010, 04:20:16 AM »

I can't help but think about the chasm that separates Toyota and Goldman Sachs.

I've never owned a Toyota.  However, I know many that have trusted their most precious possessions, their family, to Toyota for years.  Toyota, is a better bet than money in the bank.

What of Goldman Sachs?  Anyone's Grandma or Grandpa keep their money in a Goldman Bank?  Maybe they make like 200% interest a year?

How many people have died due to any Toyota recall?

How many die daily due to drunken drivers?  Does the Obama administration make a villain out of Nancy Pelosi and her wine business?  Why isn't Obama and his friends in the government demonizing alcohol?  Other substances?

There is news this past week of Goldman's involvement in the problem with Greece.

There were problems with Freddie/Fannie bad mortgages for over a decade.  Lots of red flags.  Barnie even said Freddie and Fannie were OK, my paraphrase.

Goldman had a hand in packaging all this debt.  I've read that Goldman makes bundles on all kinds of mortgages that go bad.

Main Street banks don't get the same kind of deal from Obama's White House.  Main Street banks get taken over, and those that take the assets seem to win big time as families on Main Street struggle and fail.

How much has Goldman made from the failure of families?  How much do the profits of Goldman add to the debt of the US taxpayer?

Didn't anyone at Goldman notice that all those portfolios of subprime mortgages were going bad?  Why would they repackage that debt and sell it to others like AIG?

How many families are dying under mountains of debt?  How many future generations will be never have a chance to full live their life due to perpetual national debt?

How many will die because there is no money in the future for ANY healthcare (unless you are a member of Congress or the White House)? 

How many generations will live with perpetual debt created by the subprime mortgage disaster? 

Didn't anyone have financial reports?  Due diligence?  How many at AIG used to work for Goldman?

Didn't Goldman file reports with anyone on all those risky derivatives?  All those investments they sold to others?

Toyota's failures don't seem to have the magnitude of Goldman's.  my opinion.

Why is Toyota demonized?

Why does Obama seem to look the other way when Goldman is involved in horrible financial disasters?  And, Goldman seems to profit from all these disasters?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »

There is no such thing as a perfect human being.  There is no such thing as a perfect auto.

With every car comes some risk.  There is no way to take out all the risk. 

Same with mortgages.

There are some borrowers that are better risks than others...

Why would you package and repackage subprime failing mortages...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.