March 19, 2024, 03:22:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soldier In Court For Alleged Water Torture Of 4 yo Daughter  (Read 1695 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 16, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22579191/detail.html

Soldier In Court For Alleged Water Torture Of Daughter

Sgt. Joshua Tabor

Posted: 7:51 am PST February 16, 2010Updated: 12:12 pm PST February 16, 2010

Comment On This Story ››
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A local Iraq war veteran was arraigned Tuesday for allegedly using a form of a torture technique on his daughter.

Authorities said Army Sgt. Joshua Tabor allegedly dunked his 4-year-old daughter's head in water for not saying her ABCs. He pleaded not guilty to assault charges.

Tabor returned from a 15-month deployment to Iraq last year and had been living with his girlfriend and daughter at a home in Yelm.

Late last month, authorities were called to the neighborhood because Tabor was allegedly threatening to smash neighbor's windows, police said.

During the investigation, the 4-year-old told detectives her father would fill the kitchen sink with hot water and dunk her head if she didn't obey him.

Detectives said the girl had bruises and scratches all over her body.

Prosecutors said the 27-year-old Tabor admitted holding his daughter in the sink because she was afraid of water and he wanted her to say the alphabet but denied putting the girl's face in the water.

In a police report, the girl told detectives, "I don't know why he did it ... put me in the water. It was hot. The water was hot. I told him I would say my letters then."

Tabor is currently out of custody, but the judge said he cannot leave Joint Base Lewis-McChord, where he's based.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5itZmaGSmdpHOVcDFHOhD-So3T-qgD9DTGU9O1
Soldier charged with water torturing daughter, 4

(AP) – 6 hours ago

TACOMA, Wash. — A Washington state Army sergeant pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge he used water torture on his 4-year-old daughter to force her to learn the alphabet.

KOMO-TV reports that 27-year-old Joshua Tabor was released from custody on $10,000 bail after his arraignment for assault in Tacoma.

He is confined to the Joint Base Lewis-McChord military base. The veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan wars is a helicopter mechanic.

Tabor is accused of pulling his daughter's head backward into the kitchen sink at their home in Yelm on Jan. 31 because she would not recite her ABCs.

Yelm Police Chief Todd Stancil said Tabor knew she was afraid of water and thought it was an appropriate punishment.

She has been place in the care of her maternal grandparents.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.