April 23, 2024, 05:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #5 2/20/11 -  (Read 219505 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Tonight we are covering the baby Gabriel case. If a single Mom can't explain where her missing baby is... What should she be charged with?
17 minutes ago  http://twitter.com/#!/@vinniepolitan

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »

since when does one have the option of not appearing before judge for a court appearance?? wth?
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »

although she is apparently competent enough to beat the system 
MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »

I definitely think that they should be charged with "child abuse" with a sentence that is comparable to murder.  I missed Vinnie's discussion....what was the verdict?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »

I REALLY wish this POS Known as Elizabeth Johnson would be charged with Murder. Everyone and their Dog knows Gabriel is not alive.

It's SO very obvious EJ killed him.

ditto

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »

From CayleeDaily  http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/09/baby-gabriels-mothers-letters-reveal-possible-clues-to-disappearance/

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »

Elizabeth Johnson found incompetent to stand trial. They will re-evaluate in 60 days. Today's court findings.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:09 PM »

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/tempe/article_b9b6d68a-ebb5-11e0-b837-001cc4c03286.html
Judge rules Johnson incompetent, delays trial in baby Gabriel case
September 30, 2011

A high-profile trial involving a missing East Valley boy once again has been pushed back, as a judge ruled Friday that his mother is not competent to stand trial.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Paul McMurdie said he believes Elizabeth Johnson’s mental state can be restored, and doctors will need to conduct further evaluations that will help him decide whether she returns to court or heads to a state mental hospital.

McMurdie rendered his decision after prosecutors and Johnson’s defense attorney argued for four hours Friday over whether she understands what she’s doing.
Johnson, 24, has been incarcerated in Maricopa County’s Estrella jail on charges of kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference since her December 2009 arrest in Florida following statements to authorities and her estranged boyfriend and child’s father Logan McQueary of Gilbert that she killed her son Gabriel and also that she gave him away in San Antonio. In mid-December 2009, Johnson took the boy to that city and stayed at a motel where she claimed to have given him to a couple she did not know.
 ::snipping2::

McMurdie’s decision is another turn in the case that has gained national attention and now has spanned six attorneys who have tried to defend Johnson, all of whom have said she is not giving them information and they cannot get anywhere with her, including current defender Daniel Raynak. She also has had six evaluations by psychologists, all of whom have made different decisions involving her competency to stand trial.

“I think she’s mentally ill,” Raynak said outside the courtroom.

No further court dates are pending at this time, but doctors again will have to evaluate Johnson and submit their reports to the judge within 60 days.

“This woman is not restorable to competency. It’s never going to happen,” Raynak said. “She has no sense of reality and there is no sense of dealing.

“Not once has she talked about a single fact of the case. Never have I had anyone with a complete lack of inability to focus in on what matters. The closest person on Earth, she won’t confide in,” he said, referring to his client’s grandfather Robert Johnson. “We can’t conduct a defense when she’s going to broadcast what we say to everyone,” referring to recorded jail conversations with relatives and apparent attempts to reach out to news media.

Prosecutors argued that Johnson knows what’s going on.

“She’s very fond of her attorneys until something happens that doesn’t go her way, then she gets upset,” said Maricopa County deputy prosecutor Angela Andrews.
Tammi Smith of Scottsdale, a woman who once was interested in adopting Gabriel, will appear in court in February in charges of forgery, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in connection with the Gabriel case.

“The case is about Gabriel,” McQueary said. “We still don’t know where he is.”

Johnson, who was present in court on Friday wearing a striped jail uniform, stared straight ahead and left the courtroom with tears in her eyes after the judge’s ruling and brief meeting with Raynak.

McMurdie’s decision on Friday marked the second time that Johnson was deemed incompetent to stand trial.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/15591798/bbb
Baby Gabriel's mom incompetent for trial
That opinion is shared by Logan McQueary, Gabriel's father and Johnson's former live-in boyfriend.

"I think she's very capable of talking. I just think she's choosing not to," said McQueary. "I really think she thinks she's smarter than everybody else. I think that's kind of what she's going with right now. She doesn't talk, she just thinks everything's going to go away."

5 different evals an no two agreed?  How is that possible?  This chick was smart enough to follow KC's lead.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/15591798/bbb
Baby Gabriel's mom incompetent for trial
That opinion is shared by Logan McQueary, Gabriel's father and Johnson's former live-in boyfriend.

"I think she's very capable of talking. I just think she's choosing not to," said McQueary. "I really think she thinks she's smarter than everybody else. I think that's kind of what she's going with right now. She doesn't talk, she just thinks everything's going to go away."

5 different evals an no two agreed?  How is that possible?  This chick was smart enough to follow KC's lead.   
ITA

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 02:21:50 AM »

I just got up to speed on this case.  I had almost forgotten about it.  From what I understand, they're basing her mental incompetence on her refusal to speak?  That doesn't make her mentally ill.  That makes her stubborn...and a brat.  I wonder how long she can keep this charade up.  And if her case is thrown out and she is sent to a psychiatric facility, she's still not off the hook, as she could be found competent to stand trial in the future.  Which is worse: spending hard time in prison or spending time in a slightly nicer place and constantly having to fool others into thinking you're nutso?

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »

So sad that she never said where this baby was. I think it will be 2 years on December 27th. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Just bumping the letters (45 pages worth) that the egg donor wrote to the judge.

http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/a/8/e/a8e0815a-1921-46d9-9caa-fb1a6f01a497/Johnsonletterstojudge.PDF

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/16207085/mother-of-baby-gabriel-back-in-court

EJ goes to trial January 6, 2012.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:34 AM »

When the judge read the psychiatrist's diagnosis, stating that Johnson had been restored to competency, there was no argument from her attorneys.

CBS 5 learned moments later that her latest defense team, Daniel Raynak and Marcy Kratter, were withdrawing from the case. This is the third legal team to abandon the case.

Kratter told CBS 5 that they simply and ethically had no choice.

Johnson did tear up and even thanked Kratter as she was led out of the courtroom.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »

Mother found fit to stand trial in Baby Gabriel case
Once again, the mother of missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, who wouldn't be a baby anymore if he's still alive, has been found fit to stand trial.

And once again, a team of attorneys who were defending Elizabeth Johnson, 25, of Tempe, informed Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Paul McMurdie that they are withdrawing from the case.

In October, McMurdie ruled that Johnson was incompetent to stand trial but restorable, and her next attorney also could argue a psychologist's findings that Johnson is fit to stand trial. This week, based on that report, McMurdie declared Johnson competent.

A new trial date is nowhere in sight, but a hearing is set for Tuesday in which Johnson again will be represented by Vanessa Smith, a Maricopa County public defender.

In the year that attorneys Daniel Raynak and Marci Kratter have represented Johnson, they say she has provided no information and no assistance in her defense, and they are the third such defense team to bow out.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/article_33b94c22-22a4-11e1-8df9-0019bb2963f4.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2011, 03:26:43 PM »

courtpio MC Superior Court
State v. Elizabeth Johnson: Today's status conference is completed. Next status is set for 1/6 at 8:30am before Judge Paul J. McMurdie.

http://twitter.com/#!/courtpio
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Baby-Gabriel-composite-image-released-2428665.php
Baby Gabriel composite image released
By Ana Ley, aley@express-news.net
December 28, 2011

(Baby Gabriel composite image included in slide show 1-17)

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released a composite image of missing baby Gabriel Johnson.

The image, released early this month by the nonprofit organization, shows what the boy might look like at age 2. Gabriel was last seen in San Antonio on the day after Christmas 2009, when he was 8 months old.
Bob Lowery, a spokesman with the center, said the organization routinely releases composite images of missing children every two years until they're 21, after which it's every five years.

“We do not give up looking for children, even under the most dire circumstances,” Lowery said. “We don't give up hope.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-age-progressed-composite-photo/ak2dHdUqIE2xU-xh1TZvvw.cspx
“Baby Gabriel” age-progressed composite photo released
Published December 27, 2011, Updated December 28, 2011

Gabriel's photo was age-progressed to 2 years.

SAN ANTONIO - A new development in the case of missing Baby Gabriel. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a composite of what Gabriel Johnson would look like today. The photo was age-progressed to two years.
More...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/tomorrow-5-stories-to-watch-in-arizona-1612
Posted: 6:40 PM
Last Updated: 15 hours and 16 minutes ago
ELIZABETH JOHNSON STATUS CONFERENCE
Elizabeth Johnson, restored to competency and granted new attorneys, is scheduled to be in court for a status conference. It is unclear at this point if she will attend. Johnson is charged with child abuse, kidnapping, and custodial interference in the case of her missing son Gabriel. 8:30am, Maricopa County Superior Court, Phoenix.

http://twitter.com/#!/CaseSignal
CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
RT @courtpio: Vanessa Smith is Elizabeth Johnson's new attorney.
5 minutes ago
MC Superior Court
by CaseSignal
Elizabeth Johnson's next court date is a status conference 2-3 @8:30.
1 hour ago

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/tomorrow-5-stories-to-watch-in-arizona-1612
Posted: 6:40 PM
Last Updated: 15 hours and 16 minutes ago
ELIZABETH JOHNSON STATUS CONFERENCE
Elizabeth Johnson, restored to competency and granted new attorneys, is scheduled to be in court for a status conference. It is unclear at this point if she will attend. Johnson is charged with child abuse, kidnapping, and custodial interference in the case of her missing son Gabriel. 8:30am, Maricopa County Superior Court, Phoenix.

http://twitter.com/#!/CaseSignal
CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
RT @courtpio: Vanessa Smith is Elizabeth Johnson's new attorney.
5 minutes ago
MC Superior Court
by CaseSignal
Elizabeth Johnson's next court date is a status conference 2-3 @8:30.
1 hour ago

Yeah, good luck Ms. Smith, you will probably be fired too.  All I can figure is Elizabeth enjoys being in jail.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.