March 29, 2024, 04:19:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #5 2/20/11 -  (Read 218592 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »

What a drama wanna be queen.
I'm thinking she set this up, her attorney found out and put the kibosh on it.  When she was addressing the judge before sentencing, she stated she wanted to tell him the truth (I think that's what she said) but she was told, advised, not to.  You know Tammi.....she has to tell that story.  I figure that will happen once she gets out of jail.  She won't be able to hold it any longer....she is a victim, don't ya know.     moo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: August 09, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing baby Gabriel, wants judge presiding over her case to step down

Aug 8 2012

PHOENIX - The whereabouts of Gabriel Johnson remain unknown and his mom, Elizabeth Johnson, refuses to say what exactly happened to the little boy, but she apparently has no problem talking to the judge presiding over her case.

"There is something wrong in your judgment. I firmly believe you've been compromised," wrote Johnson in a letter to Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer.

The two-page letter, obtained by ABC15, is handwritten and dated July 12, 2012.

"I haven't even had my trial (my right to a speedy trial), I'm not taking responsibility, that will come, my side hasn't even come out at all yet," Johnson wrote.

::snipping2::

"I'm sorry but I cannot accept how lightly you sentenced Tammi Smith, I was shocked when I found out (as were many), I can't understand for the life of me, 30 days in jail? 3 years of probation? How could you? Are you mad? Blind? Deaf? Dense?" Johnson wrote at the beginning of the letter to Judge Kreamer.

"I got to ask you (on the record) to step down and withdraw as my presiding judge over my case and trial in hopes if you don't and I lose at trial I can use this as a reason for some sort of appeal," Johnson wrote.

She ends the two page letter simply writing, "Sincerely, Elizabeth Johnson."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Elizabeth-Johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-Gabriel-wants-judge-presiding-over-her-case-to-step-down
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: August 09, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

Mom of missing Baby Gabriel tears up in court
Posted: Aug 06, 2012 1:02 PM MDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2012 8:23 PM MDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) - The Arizona mom charged in the disappearance of her 8-month-old son, Gabriel, teared up during a court appearance Monday afternoon.

Court records show Elizabeth Johnson has been granted new attorneys

Johnson is charged with kidnapping, attempted custodial interference and custodial interference in the case of her missing son.

As attorneys talked about a trip she took to Boston with the baby, she started crying. Monday's hearing focused on oral arguments on motions by the state to admit six other acts from Johnson's past.

http://www.kpho.com/story/19207184/elizabeth-johnson-in-court-in-case-of-missing-son-gabriel
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: August 09, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »

Tammi Smith released from jail .

Posted on August 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Updated Saturday, Aug 4 at 5:20 PM

PHOENIX -- The would-be adoptive mother of missing Baby Gabriel is no longer behind bars.

Tammi Smith, 40, was released from the Maricopa County Jail early Saturday morning after serving a 30-day jail sentence.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Tammi-Smith-released-from-jail-165013046.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: August 09, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »

Baby Gabriel figure Tammi Smith out of jail

The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. A sheriff's official said she was released at such an odd hour as that was when she was scheduled to leave

A Facebook update from Smith's husband, Jack Smith, posted around 11 a.m. read:

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."

At her sentencing, Smith drew ire from the judge and Gabriel's family, who accused her of hiding behind her religious piety rather than apologizing for her role and demonstrating remorse.

She compared her suffering at the hands of the media to the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross. Smith went so far as to invoke the words of Christ on the cross: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/08/04/20120804PNI0804-met-baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: August 09, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »

The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. A sheriff's official said she was released at such an odd hour as that was when she was scheduled to leave

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."

At her sentencing, Smith drew ire from the judge and Gabriel's family, who accused her of hiding behind her religious piety rather than apologizing for her role and demonstrating remorse.

She compared her suffering at the hands of the media to the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross. Smith went so far as to invoke the words of Christ on the cross: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/08/04/20120804PNI0804-met-baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: August 11, 2012, 02:52:36 PM »

pukel  puker  puker  puker  pukel  puker
For her to compare her "suffering" to Jesus is an insult to every believer!!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2012, 10:01:36 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/19340498/elizabeth-johnson-back-in-court-today
Elizabeth Johnson back in court today
August 22, 2012

PHOENIX (CBS5) -

The mother of missing Gabriel Johnson will be in court for a status hearing at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Her trial starts next month.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: September 03, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/trial-to-begin-next-week-for-elizabeth-johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel
Trial to begin next week for Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing 'Baby Gabriel'
August 28, 2012

PHOENIX -

The trial for the Tempe mother of missing ‘Baby Gabriel’ is set to begin in less than a week.

But Gabriel, if he is still alive, is no longer a baby. The boy who was 8 months old when he disappeared with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in December 2009, would be slightly more than 3 years old today.

At 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4 in Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer’s courtroom, the trial for Johnson 26, is set to begin on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference, a case that received national attention for most of 2010. Jury selection is set to begin on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Last month at the request of the defense, the judge agreed to dismiss the charge of child abuse levied against Johnson, based on the unlikelihood that she would be convicted for it. That charge stemmed from photographs of the boy discovered on her camera that she had taken of him inside a San Antonio motel where Gabriel was last seen alive. The pictures, which were released by Tempe police in early 2010, showed a droopy-eyed and groggy-looking Gabriel lying next to a bottle of sleeping medication.

McQueary’s family members believe that they never will see Gabriel again.

Since her arrest, Johnson has been held in a Maricopa County jail without bond and throughout the course of court proceedings, she has twice been deemed incompetent to stand trial. But doctors say she is now competent.

Authorities do not know whether Gabriel is alive. Nothing was found during a landfill search in San Antonio for his remains in 2010.

Marc Victor, the lawyer representing Johnson, was unavailable for comment on Monday.

Tammi Peters Smith, the Scottsdale woman who was trying to adopt Gabriel, was sentenced in July to 30 days in jail and three years probation on charges of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: September 05, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »

Jury selection starts in trial of Tempe mom in 'Baby Gabriel' case
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:14 am

PHOENIX — Jury selection is scheduled to begin Wednesday for the mother of an Arizona boy missing since December 2009.

Elizabeth Johnson is being tried in a Phoenix court on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

The 26-year-old Tempe woman has been jailed without bond since January 2010. She previously was deemed mentally unfit to stand trial, but has since been restored to competency.

Opening statements are set for Sept. 19 and court officials say the trial is expected to last until early November.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_767a5068-f76c-11e1-ad1a-001a4bcf887a.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »

Trial to begin next week for Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing 'Baby Gabriel'

Posted: 08/28/2012

Johnson’s grandfather, Robert Johnson, of Scottsdale, told the Tribune on Monday that he does not plan to attend the trial and still speaks to Elizabeth about twice a week.

“It’s too boring,” Johnson said. “I’ll just watch it on TV. These people aren’t Perry Mason types where it’s all scripted. There’s too much hemming and hawing.”

When Johnson’s grandmother, Sylvia Puckett, was contacted by phone on Monday, she said, “I have nothing to say,” and hung up.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/trial-to-begin-next-week-for-elizabeth-johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: September 05, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »

August 28, 2012

PHOENIX -

The trial for the Tempe mother of missing ‘Baby Gabriel’ is set to begin in less than a week.

But Gabriel, if he is still alive, is no longer a baby. The boy who was 8 months old when he disappeared with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in December 2009, would be slightly more than 3 years old today.

At 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4 in Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer’s courtroom, the trial for Johnson 26, is set to begin on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference, a case that received national attention for most of 2010. Jury selection is set to begin on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Last month at the request of the defense, the judge agreed to dismiss the charge of child abuse levied against Johnson, based on the unlikelihood that she would be convicted for it. That charge stemmed from photographs of the boy discovered on her camera that she had taken of him inside a San Antonio motel where Gabriel was last seen alive. The pictures, which were released by Tempe police in early 2010, showed a droopy-eyed and groggy-looking Gabriel lying next to a bottle of sleeping medication.

McQueary’s family members believe that they never will see Gabriel again.

Since her arrest, Johnson has been held in a Maricopa County jail without bond and throughout the course of court proceedings, she has twice been deemed incompetent to stand trial. But doctors say she is now competent.

Authorities do not know whether Gabriel is alive. Nothing was found during a landfill search in San Antonio for his remains in 2010.

Marc Victor, the lawyer representing Johnson, was unavailable for comment on Monday.

Tammi Peters Smith, the Scottsdale woman who was trying to adopt Gabriel, was sentenced in July to 30 days in jail and three years probation on charges of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Is Tammi Peters Smith, aka Mother Mary, on the witness list?

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Baby-Gabriel-trial-set-for-Elizabeth-Johnson/IcGZTyPM3UWbcXe_N9ojfQ.cspx
"Baby Gabriel" trial set for Elizabeth Johnson
September 4, 2012

PHOENIX (AP) — The trial for the Tempe mother of missing "Baby Gabriel" is scheduled to begin.

Trial motions are expected to start Tuesday and jury selection is slated for Wednesday in a trail involving 26-year-old Elizabeth Johnson. She faced charges of kidnapping and custodial interference.
Gabriel has never been found, and police don't know whether he is alive.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/19467143/jury-selection-begins-in-trial-for-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel
Jury selection begins in trial for mother of missing Baby Gabriel
Posted: Sep 05, 2012 6:19 PM CDT Updated: Sep 06, 2012 11:14 AM CDT

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/05/justice/arizona-baby-gabriel-case/index.html
What happened to 'Baby Gabriel'? Trial may provide answers
September 5, 2012

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »

September 5, 2012

I have no confidence they will find out what happened to Gabriel -- not after CMA's trial.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »

September 5, 2012

I have no confidence they will find out what happened to Gabriel -- not after CMA's trial.

Sadly, I agree.  I think many of these perps have found that the secret to getting away with their crimes is making the body inaccessible or unrecoverable.  So many angels have gone missing and their suspected killers sit back and wait.  Drew Peterson figured this out after Kathleen and made sure that there was no autopsy done on Stacy.   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: September 19, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »

Trial to begin for mom of missing baby Gabriel
 published: Sep 19, 2012 - 7:02 am

PHOENIX -- Opening statements will start a day later than scheduled at a trial for an Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in the disappearance of her child.

Lawyers in the case of Elizabeth Johnson were previously scheduled to make opening statements Wednesday, but attorneys will instead start addressing jurors Thursday.

http://ktar.com/22/1576201/Trial-to-begin-for-mom-of-missing-baby-Gabriel

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: September 19, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »

Baby Gabriel trial to begin Thursday for mother
Sept. 19, 2012 06:35 AM

Opening statements will start a day later than scheduled at a trial for an Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in the disappearance of her child.

Lawyers in the case of Elizabeth Johnson were previously scheduled to make opening statements Wednesday, but attorneys will instead start addressing jurors Thursday.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20120919baby-gabriel-elizabeth-johnson-trial-begins-thursday.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »

Opening arguments in Tempe mom's trial in 'Baby Gabriel' case to begin Thursday
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:53 pm

More than two years after the disappearance of then 7-month old “Baby Gabriel,” the trial of his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, who has said she killed him and also that she gave him away, is scheduled to begin on Thursday.

Jury selection for the case concluded on Tuesday and opening arguments in the trial are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer’s courtroom.

Johnson, 26, has been incarcerated in a Maricopa County jail without bond since January, 2010.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_62cf691e-01e3-11e2-a6eb-0019bb2963f4.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.