March 28, 2024, 08:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #5 2/20/11 -  (Read 218507 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: December 07, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, learns her fate Friday (VIDEO)

::snipping2::

This afternoon, the Tempe mom will be sentenced which could range from time served to probation to more jail time.

WATCH THE 1:30 PM SENTENCING LIVE ON ABC15.COM AND ABC15 MOBILE.

At Johnson's last court appearance, the judge alluded to more prison time for her on top of the three years she's already served in jail.

However, Johnson's attorney, Marc Victor, said he'll be pushing for probation.

Victor said he gets e-mails from people angry with Johnson, but also people who support her and are offering to take her into their homes.

Victor said he expects Johnson will address the judge today, saying she is "remorseful" and "feels bad" and is "sorry."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/elizabeth-johnson-the-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel-johnson-learns-her-fate-friday
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: December 07, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Live stream

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »

Tammi in court right now

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

Wants the Judge to delete her Jail term that was set to begin in Dec.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »

Judge agrees to delete the deferred Jail Time he sentenced Enima woman to.  She is to remain on probation.  Unreal that she gets NO JAIL TIME for everything including falsifying court documents.

Setting new date for Feb 1 2013 to determine end of probation.

Judge tells enima woman he strongly suggests she does not do any speaking engagements or write a book to make money off of this.  He is not issuing an order precluding her from doing either but suggests she does neither.   

Same Judge is sentencing EJ this afternoon at 1:30.  I have little hope that she will remain in jail or ever face any punishment over the fact Gabriel is Missing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: December 07, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

Judge agrees to delete the deferred Jail Time he sentenced Enima woman to.  She is to remain on probation.  Unreal that she gets NO JAIL TIME for everything including falsifying court documents.

Judge tells enima woman he strongly suggests she does not do any speaking engagements or write a book to make money off of this.  He is not issuing an order precluding her from doing either but suggests she does neither.   

Same Judge is sentencing EJ this afternoon at 1:30.  I have little hope that she will remain in jail or ever face any punishment over the fact Gabriel is Missing.

No jail time for falsifying documents?  Why not? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »

From what her Defense said, she has a cute little family, a business with her hubby and is a probation officers dream client.  I have no idea why the Judge agreed to let her off Jail time when she was clearly defiant during trial that she did anything wrong at all.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Judge Joseph Kreamer will delete Tammi Smith's deferred jail term. Smith still remains on probation.

https://twitter.com/courtpio
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: December 07, 2012, 02:12:19 PM »

From what her Defense said, she has a cute little family, a business with her hubby and is a probation officers dream client.  I have no idea why the Judge agreed to let her off Jail time when she was clearly defiant during trial that she did anything wrong at all.

Thank you Northern Rose. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #628 on: December 08, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »

Elizabeth Johnson, Mother Of Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, Sentenced To 5 Years

Posted: 12/07/2012 7:19 pm EST  |  Updated: 12/07/2012 9:37 pm EST

An Arizona state judge has sentenced Elizabeth Johnson to five years in prison in connection with the Christmastime 2009 disappearance of her son, Gabriel Johnson, then 8 months old.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer's decision came Friday, nearly two months after a jury returned a guilty verdict against Elizabeth Johnson for custodial interference and unlawful imprisonment. ::snipping2::

Kreamer sentenced Johnson to three and a half years for the custodial interference charge, and one year and nine months for the unlawful imprisonment charge, bringing the total sentence to five years and three months. Kreamer said Johnson would be credited with the 1,062 days she has already served, leaving her about two years to complete behind bars. Upon her release, she must also serve four years probation, Kreamer said. ::snipping2::

Edit to add link.  MB  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/elizabeth-johnson-sentence-gabriel-johnson_n_2257360.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:02:54 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

2 4 1
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #629 on: December 08, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »

Another disappointing case.  A baby gone and the adults responsible given a swat on the hand.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: December 08, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

Another disappointing case.  A baby gone and the adults responsible given a swat on the hand.
I agree KittyMom.  It is so sad!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

No justice for Gabriel.    

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: December 08, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »

This makes me sick to my stomach.  EJ is no different than Casey, maybe a little slyer in the fact she did not name the "recipient" of the baby - aka Zeneida.

She damn well knows she murdered her own child out of spite.

She basically walks, also.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: December 08, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

Elizabeth Johnson, Mother Of Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson, Sentenced To 5 Years

Posted: 12/07/2012 7:19 pm EST  |  Updated: 12/07/2012 9:37 pm EST

An Arizona state judge has sentenced Elizabeth Johnson to five years in prison in connection with the Christmastime 2009 disappearance of her son, Gabriel Johnson, then 8 months old.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer's decision came Friday, nearly two months after a jury returned a guilty verdict against Elizabeth Johnson for custodial interference and unlawful imprisonment. ::snipping2::

Kreamer sentenced Johnson to three and a half years for the custodial interference charge, and one year and nine months for the unlawful imprisonment charge, bringing the total sentence to five years and three months. Kreamer said Johnson would be credited with the 1,062 days she has already served, leaving her about two years to complete behind bars. Upon her release, she must also serve four years probation, Kreamer said. ::snipping2::

Edit to add link.  MB  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/elizabeth-johnson-sentence-gabriel-johnson_n_2257360.html

Perhaps given the evidence available at this time (or lack of) and the criteria given, the jury found Elizabeth guilty of two charges, and the judge sentenced what he could.  Even though it may strongly suspected Elizabeth murdered Gabriel, there has to be enough to not only arrest her, but to make a conviction.  And she can't be tried twice for the same crime.   I noticed there are no murder charges etc.  To me, that means if in the future, evidence is found or someone comes forward, it's still possible Elizabeth could be brought up on charges.  I also see the judge included four year probation.  Hopefully, the system can keep track of her during this time and if more info or evidence becomes available, she can be picked up.  It still doesn't seem like much, but I guess it's what could be done at this time. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/elizabeth-johnson-sentence-gabriel-johnson_n_2257360.html
Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer's decision came Friday, nearly two months after a jury returned a guilty verdict against Elizabeth Johnson for custodial interference and unlawful imprisonment.

"I wish there was something I could do to bring closure, but there's not," Kreamer said before handing down the sentence.

Kreamer sentenced Johnson to three and a half years for the custodial interference charge, and one year and nine months for the unlawful imprisonment charge, bringing the total sentence to five years and three months. Kreamer said Johnson would be credited with the 1,062 days she has already served, leaving her about two years to complete behind bars. Upon her release, she must also serve four years probation, Kreamer said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #634 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »

No justice for Gabriel.    

::justice2NJ::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »

Link to Gabriel's Candles:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=BGM

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: December 13, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20292228/mom-of-missing-boy-gets-5-14-years-in-prison?obref=obinsite
Mom of missing boy gets 5 1/4 years in prison
December 7, 2012

PHOENIX (AP) - An Arizona woman who was convicted in her young son's disappearance nearly three years ago was sentenced Friday to 5 1/4 years in prison after tearfully telling the judge she thought she deserved the maximum of 9 1/2 years.

Elizabeth Johnson, 26, was convicted in October of custodial interference and unlawful imprisonment in the Christmastime 2009 disappearance of her then-8-month-old son, Gabriel. The jury failed to reach a verdict on a kidnapping charge - the most serious count against her.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer also sentenced Johnson to four years of probation when she is released. She'll receive credit toward her prison sentence for the nearly three years that she has served in jail since her arrest.

Prior to sentencing, Johnson stood before the judge sobbing and apologized for what she did, but she maintained her story that she gave Gabriel away to a couple in Texas.

"I wanted to give Gabriel a life that was better than I had growing up," she said softly. "What I have done is unbelievable. There's not really anything I can say for myself.

"I would convict myself," Johnson added. "It's horrible. ... I do deserve the max."

Kreamer could have sentenced her to 9 1/2 years but said he took into account her troubled childhood and mental instability, agreeing with a psychologist who testified she needs treatment.

"Her chances to succeed are increased if she gets treatment, there's no doubt about it," the judge said while noting he had to give her prison time, given that Gabriel is still missing.

"We are three years downstream. We don't know where Gabriel is," he said.

Authorities said Johnson initially told the boy's father, Logan McQueary, that she killed Gabriel and dumped him in a trash bin, but she later recanted and told police she gave the infant to a couple at a San Antonio, Texas, park. She never provided the couple's names and refused to do so during Friday's hearing.

Prosecutor Angela Andrews offered to only seek probation if Johnson would tell them where Gabriel is, not just "vague statements, but his actual physical whereabouts."

After the hearing, Andrews said no one knows but Johnson if Gabriel, who would have turned 3 this past April, is still alive.

"She's the only person that has the answer," Andrews said. "We just wanted her to give it to us."

Gabriel's paternal grandfather, Frank McQueary, and other family members pleaded with Johnson to explain what happened to Gabriel in tearful testimony asking the judge to sentence her to the maximum prison term.

"This isn't over for our family," McQueary said. "This is not going to be over until we know where Gabriel is."

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #637 on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »

EJ shouldn't have been given any sympathy by the judge.  She refuses to tell what she did with baby Gabriel and tortured Logan with the truth.  The judge is a freaking moron.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: December 15, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »

EJ shouldn't have been given any sympathy by the judge.  She refuses to tell what she did with baby Gabriel and tortured Logan with the truth.  The judge is a freaking moron.
Absolutely!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #639 on: June 09, 2013, 01:11:31 AM »

Still think of you precious boy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.