May 28, 2024, 01:38:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jodi Sanderholm, 19 yrs , missing Kansas 01/05/07(BODY FOUND)  (Read 32828 times)
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »

Quote from: "Atlmetroguy"
Found this just now at crimeblog.us:

According to anonymous poster "lkjh":

According to people that I’ve talked to, Jodi went home and checked the mail and was then abducted…with her own car. People have said that the mail was said to be strewn all over at the Cowley County Fishing Lake.

http://crimeblog.us/?p=311

More updates at the URL I pusted above and poster on SM FP confirms car has been found. Also at the URL I posted in the threads of messages are the first words they may have found the young ladies body.

Awful news for the family...

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Looks like her car has been found by TES.  I don't believe her body has been found.

This was posted by Cheryl on the front page of SM:

Thank you, Red, for all you do. Tim Miller and four other volunteers and members found Jodi’s car within one minute of placing a site scar sonar device into the waters. I will keep you all informed of any new information as soon as I receive it. Please keep Jodi and her family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time. God bless you all

Ark City, KS Teen Jodi Sanderholm Update: Vehicle, 2003 Dodge Stratus Has Been Located in Lake

http://missingexploited.com/2007/01/09/jodi-sanderholm-update-vehicle-2003-dodge-stratus-has-been-located-in-lake/
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »

OH no, how sad. If they called for 2 tow trucks and an ambulance....does that mean they found someone in the car?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:37 PM »

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/5136156.html

Team Coverage - Inside Look at Man Questioned
Email: news@kake.com

1-9-07 - KAKE News aired exclusive interviews Tuesday night with the landlord of the man who has been questioned in the disappearance of 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm.

The teenager hasn't been seen since Friday, and authorities have focused their search in the two-state area around Cowley County State Park.

Police arrested a man over the weekend, on charges in a separate incident. They have questioned him in the missing teen case, although he has not been named as a suspect in the case, nor charged with a related crime.

KAKE News spoke with the man's former landlord, Kevin Swick, who said the man, in his 20's, was evicted not long before his arrest. The landlord said police were searching the home early Saturday morning, around 3:30am. He told KAKE that officers found shell casings – the landlord believes the man would occasionally fire random shots from his back door.

The man was also an employee at a Subway restaurant. It’s also the last place that Sanderholm was seen on Friday.

The man’s parents have also been questioned, and may have helped the man move out recently.

Cowley County Crimestoppers have named the Sanderholm case the crime of the month.

The group said an award will be paid for information that helps find Jodi. The award amount has not been determined.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
OH no, how sad. If they called for 2 tow trucks and an ambulance....does that mean they found someone in the car?

They found the body in a wooded area near the lake.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 07:10:24 PM »

Body Found in Search for Missing Teen

1-9-06 - Sources at the scene of the search area confirm to KAKE News that a body has been found. Earlier, searchers recovered the car belonging to missing teenager Jodi Sanderholm. No word yet if the body is that of Sanderholm.

Searchers pulled the car from the lake at the Cowley County State Park on Tuesday afternoon.

An ambulance and several tow trucks showed up at the search area around noon.

A flatbed tow truck was seen hauling the black 2003 Dodge Stratus away from the lake area around 4pm.

Arkansas City police indicate they would release a statement at some point today, possibly around 6pm.

19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm hasn't been seen since Friday.

A non-profit search group has joined the effort to find the teenager. Equisearch of Texas is providing air support, horses and other sophisticated equipment for the search. This is the same group which helped in the Natalee Holloway search and several other high profile missing persons cases around the country.

On Monday, in a written statement, Ark City Interim Police Chief Sean Wallace said investigators have developed some leads, and some evidence has been recovered.

Investigators focused part of their search at the Cowley County State Park. Helicopters hovered above the lake on Monday, looking for any sign of the teen.

All day, Jodi's friends and even strangers walked through Arkansas City putting up pink ribbons in her honor. They say the ribbons are a sign of holding out hope Jodi will be found safe.

Cowley County Crimestoppers has named the Sanderholm case the crime of the month.

The group said an award will be paid for information that helps find Jodi. The award amount has not been determined.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/5117861.html
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 07:18:09 PM »

How awful. I feel terrible for her family.
God Bless Tim Miller for helping them in the search.

This is such a sad story.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

It appears there is a sad conclusion to the search.

A body was found about 6-7 miles away from where the car was found this afternoon.

What a crying shame.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »

Posted on another site:

asdf
Jan 09 2007 / 9pm

ok i from what i understand (from a very good source)..
Justins dad picked him up from the lake..
He was wet and had mud on him..

and for those of you that haven’t heard..
they pulled Jodis car out of the lake today…
and they have found her body..

Please pray for her family and friends..
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:38 PM »

So sad.  My thoughts are with her family.

Maine, born and raised!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

“preparing a charging document against a known suspect. The exact charges will be released at a later date.”  (AP)

Well we do know the name of the person that they have been questioning. The only name that has been put out there ... the ever present individual arrested on an un-related charge.

The Subway restaurant is a sure connection.

It would appear that the police had the person in their sites all along, they just wanted to find the body first and connect all loose ends.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
“preparing a charging document against a known suspect. The exact charges will be released at a later date.”  (AP)

Well we do know the name of the person that they have been questioning. The only name that has been put out there ... the ever present individual arrested on an un-related charge.

The Subway restaurant is a sure connection.

It would appear that the police had the person in their sites all along, they just wanted to find the body first and connect all loose ends.

Heh, heh, even though it's a small town, by aruban standards, I guess the LE had their wits about them.

Obviously wasn't a local judges son involved.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 12:03:32 AM »

Authorities build case against suspect in dancer's disappearance

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/16430130.htm

Authorities in this southeast Kansas town worked Wednesday to build a case against a county inmate who might be linked to the disappearance of a college student whose car was dredged from a nearby lake - and who allegedly stalked members of the woman's dance team.

"It is just scary. It could have happened to any one of us," said Ashley Cochran, a member of the Cowley College dance team who said she had been followed.

On Tuesday, authorities searching for Jodi Sanderholm, 19, found a female body and a car belonging to the dancer. Police were withholding confirmation of the body's identity pending results of an autopsy at a Wichita forensic center.

But a funeral home director in Arkansas City confirmed to The Wichita Eagle on Wednesday that the body was that of Sanderholm and that her family has completed funeral arrangements.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 07:32:30 PM »

No Charges in the Jodi Sanderholm Case are Expected Before Next Week

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/5164857.html
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

Sanderholm Charges Filed

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/16481800.htm
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 09:03:49 PM »

Justin Thurber Charged the Capital Murder & Rape of Jodi Sanderholm

http://missingexploited.com/2007/01/17/justin-thurber-charged-the-capital-murder-of-jodi-sanderholm/

Kansas Attorney General Paul Morrison and Cowley County Attorney Christopher Smith today filed charges against Justin Eugene Thurber for the murder of Jodi Leann Sanderholm. Thurber has been charged with Capital Murder, Rape and Aggravated Kidnapping.

Authorities believe Thurber kidnapped Sanderholm following her dance practice on Friday, January 5th.  According to police, he then drove her to a rural part of southeast Cowley County where she was raped and murdered. Police also allege that Thurber then disposed of Sanderholm’s car in the Cowley County State Fishing Lake. (KWCH)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 05:48:08 PM »

Please make sure to watch the Tribute video for Jodi and TES's involvement in the search as Ark City, KS had a special appreciation day for Tim Miller and TES.

Jodi Sanderholm: Texas Equusearch “Appreciation Day” in Ark City, Kansas

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/02/19/texas-equusearch-appreciation-day-in-ark-city-ks-for-jodi-sanderholm/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:22 PM »

Judge: Justin Thurber competent to stand trial

Story Updated: Dec 16, 2008 at 7:52 PM CST

WINFIELD, Kansas – After hearing testimony from officials at Larned State hospital, where Justin Thurber was evaluated earlier this year, a judge Tuesday morning found Thurber competent to stand trial.
Sanderholm's parents Brian and Cindy say they always thought Thurber was competent, and now that the judge has made it official, they are greatly relieved.

Thurber's trial is scheduled to begin January 26th with jury selection. The trial is expected to take several weeks

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/36231069.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »

Law Enforcement Trained On Stalking Law

POSTED: 9:39 am CST January 16, 2009
UPDATED: 9:52 am CST January 16, 2009

JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. -- Johnson County police officers attended training on how to deal with stalkers.

Kansas lawmakers recently strengthened the stalking law, adding more penalties and giving victims more power when they feel threatened.

Stalking is a felony in Kansas. In Missouri, it is a misdemeanor unless there are other aggravating circumstances.
Kansas Attorney General Steve Six said in a news release Thursday that more than 1 million women and 370,000 men are stalked in the United States each year. He said that 22 percent of all stalkers sexually assault their victims. Some stalkers have even killed or seriously wounded their victims. The new Kansas law was named for Jodi Sanderholm, a young woman from Arkansas City who was murdered in January 2007

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18495250/detail.html#-

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »

Sanderholm's Boyfriend Testifies at Thurber Trial  
Last Updated: 6:17 PM Feb 5, 2009

WINFIELD, Kan. (AP) _ Jodi Sanderholm's boyfriend at the time she was murdered testifies in the trial of the man accused of killing her near Arkansas City.

Prosecutors used Colby Wilson's testimony this morning to rule him out as a suspect in Sanderholm's disappearance in January 2007.

Justin Thurber is charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and
rape in Sanderholm's death.

Also on the stand this morning were a couple of Thurber's friends who prosecutors say he claimed to be with the day the girl vanished. They contradicted Thurber's story that prosecutors say he first told police when he was questioned about the kidnapping.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/39170727.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.