April 17, 2024, 07:52:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodney Alcala: A genius sociopath rapist and murder (CONVICTED!)  (Read 61458 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

We have this here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7172.0

Muffy....should they be merged??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »

We have this here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7172.0

Muffy....should they be merged??

I think they should be merged, Nut.    Go ahead and merge them if you are in agreement. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »

Families report 3 missing women in killer's Seattle photo stash

Story Updated: Mar 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM PST
Three of the women whose photos were found in a convicted serial killer's Seattle-area storage locker have been linked so far to missing person cases by family members, a police detective said late Friday.
Now detectives are trying to confirm family members' initial identifications of the women, and trying to determine where and how they disappeared.

It's still unclear whether any of the three are from the Seattle area. All three disappeared long ago and haven't been seen since.

The three women's photos were among 2,000 images of young women, children and a few boys found in a Shoreline storage locker rented decades ago by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala, 66, of California.

Most of the dozens of subjects in the photos have never been identified and now police are asking for the public's help in figuring out who the women are.

Police say there may be more potential victims beyond the three tentatively identified so far by family members.

The photos were recovered in July 1979 by detectives during searches of a storage locker in Shoreline that had been rented by Alcala. Also found was jewelry linked to two murder victims in California.

But police didn't release the photos publicly until Wednesday - the day after a California jury recommended a death sentence for Alcala for the murders of a 12-year-old girl and four women dating back to the 1970s.

The photos were apparently taken before Alcala's first arrest in 1979. They feature women and girls in candid and posed shots. Some show them naked and engaging in sex acts.

Prosecutors said Alcala, an amateur photographer, UCLA graduate and one-time contestant on "The Dating Game," used his camera to put his victims at ease.

"We'd like to locate the women in these pictures," prosecutor Matt Murphy told the Orange County Register. "Did they simply pose for a serial killer, or did they become victims of his sadistic, murderous pattern?"

Some photos show women posing in remote settings similar to the locale where 12-year-old Robin Samsoe's body was found in 1979. A few are of young men in sexually suggestive poses.

Police Detective Patrick Ellis of Huntington Beach, Calif., told KOMO News that the photos weren't released earlier due to the investigation and court proceedings.

Since their release on Wednesday, police have received dozens of calls from people who recognize the subjects in the photos.

"The calls are basically along two lines," Ellis said. "No. 1 - yes, that's my photograph - I am alive and well, and giving us details of Mr. Alcala way back when, 30 years ago.

"Or, the calls saying, 'Hey, my sister, mother ... was reported missing back then, and I think her photograph is on the Web site,' and they're providing us with information as far as the person's name, where they were last seen alive," Ellis added. "Some people aren't positive, but they're pretty sure."

Ellis said more investigation is needed before it can be confirmed whether the three women identified so far are victims of foul play.

"Until we talk to the victims' families, get other photographs for comparison purposes and more details on where their bodies were recovered - if they were recovered at all - we can't really say at this point," he said. "We just don't know."

Alcala was sentenced to death twice before in the 1979 murder of Robin Samsoe, but those verdicts were overturned on appeal.

Prosecutors refiled charges in that case and added the four other murders in 2006 after investigators linked them to Alcala using DNA samples and other forensic evidence. Those cases, which had gone unsolved for decades, went on trial for the first time this year.

Alcala, who acted as his own attorney, focused his entire defense on the Samsoe case and ignored the murders of the four Los Angeles County women murdered between 1977 and 1979.

The jury convicted Alcala of the murders on Feb. 25, and also found true special-circumstance allegations of rape, torture and kidnapping, making him eligible for the death penalty.

On Tuesday, jurors recommended the death penalty for Alcala. It marked the third time he was sentenced to death in the Samsoe case.

Relatives broke out in applause in the courtroom and Samsoe's brother shouted out, "Yes!" when the jury's recommendation was read.

Prosecutors relied on witnesses who saw a curly-haired photographer taking pictures of Samsoe, her friend and other teenagers on the beach minutes before she disappeared. Photos of one of the girls were later found in his possession.

Also key to the trial was a pair of gold ball earrings that Samsoe's mother said belonged to her daughter.

The earrings were found in a jewelry pouch in the Shoreline storage locker rented by Alcala.

You can see all of the photos on the Orange County Register Web site

Anyone with information about the women in the pictures is asked to call Huntington Beach Police Detective Patrick Ellis at 714-375-5066.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/87586647.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »

Three of the women whose photos were found in serial killer Rodney James Alcala's Seattle-area storage locker have been linked to missing person cases, according to a Seattle TV station.

According to komonews.com, detectives are attempting to confirm family members' initial identifications of the women, and trying to determine where and how the women disappeared.

It's still unclear whether any of the three are from the Seattle area, KOMO reported Monday. All three disappeared long ago and haven't been seen since. The photos of the three women reported missing have not been released by authorities in Seattle.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/photos-239446-alcala-women.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »

Possibly 6 missing may match photos

Convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala has been linked to two more people who disappeared or were killed in the 1970s, bringing the number of new leads in the case to six, District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said Thursday.

"We're looking at about maybe six more cases that could possibly amount to actual cases," Rackauckas said on "Good Morning America."

The new leads have not been confirmed as positive matches, said Susan Kang Schroeder, a spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office.

Hundreds of phone calls

Other women have called in to identify themselves as the subject of a photograph.

"We've received hundreds, literally hundreds and hundreds of phone calls from people all across the U.S. as well as several calls from Western Europe," Capt. Chuck Thomas of the Huntington Beach police said on "Good Morning America." "A number of them have provided us some very good leads that we are currently following up on."

The initial leads involved women who went missing from Alaska, Seattle, and Phoenix, Huntington Beach Det. Sgt. Aaron Smith said earlier this week. The New York Police Department has long considered Alcala the suspect in the deaths of two women in the 1970s.

Now, police in New Hampshire are looking at least three cases, and the Fullerton and Seattle police departments are re-examining other cold cases, Schroeder said.

Those reviews aren't necessarily based on new tips that came in, she cautioned.

Fullerton police are comparing one cold case against the recently released photographs, but it's too early to call it even a possible match, said Sgt. Andrew Goodrich.

"I believe there were three cases that were in that time frame and fit that general profile," Goodrich said. "I believe two of them would be eliminated by the time – he was in custody when two of them took place."

Investigators are comparing those photos with the victim in the third case, but not because they recognized one of the women in the photographs, Goodrich said.

"It's not, 'This looks like this might be so-and-so,'" Goodrich said.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-239922-police-women.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100319/ap_on_re_us/us_seventies_slayings

Cops seek more victims through killer's old photos
By GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press Writer Gillian Flaccus, Associated Press Writer Fri Mar 19, 6:51 pm ET

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Police have been overwhelmed since they released more than 100 photos found in a serial killer's storage locker, more than 30-year-old pictures of unidentified girls and women in bell bottoms, bikinis and Farrah Fawcett hair.

They look like long-lost sisters, mothers and daughters to bereaved callers across the country and from as far away as Denmark. Police have gotten more than 400 phone calls in a little more than a week.

The photos had been in the possession of Rodney Alcala, who has been in custody since 1979 and was recently convicted of murdering four young women and a 12-year-old girl. Jurors recommended the death penalty this month.

Prosecutors say Alcala used his camera to lure his victims, and he was seen taking pictures of the girl before she disappeared. They fear some of the unidentified people in the photos released last week may have fallen victim to Alcala as well.

"The first thing is, 'Oh, my God, I hope these girls are OK,' and the next thing is, 'I wonder if any of them are victims.' Everyone has that question," prosecutor Matt Murphy said. "I can't imagine for a million years that we've got him for the only murders he's done."

Nine women have been identified through the photos so far, and all of them are alive. Huntington Beach police Capt. Chuck Thomas said one of them told authorities that Alcala molested her, but he added that the statute of limitations in that case has expired.

The photos, available on the Orange County District Attorney's Web site, are just a fraction of the more than 1,000 images investigators found in Alcala's storage locker when he was arrested for the 1979 murder of 12-year-old Robin Samsoe in Huntington Beach.

They show leggy teenagers in bikinis and short-shorts on Southern California's sun-splashed beaches; young women in flowery blouses and hippie necklaces listening to music and smoking languidly; and girls wearing heavy makeup, apparently posing nude.

One photo shows a baby in a saggy diaper toddling near the shoreline, and another shows two young children in swimsuits washing off in an open-air shower on the beach.

Detectives have withheld about 900 pictures because they are too sexually explicit, while others have been cropped for release, Thomas said. He said he didn't know why his predecessors didn't release the photos years ago.

Releasing the pictures during Alcala's recent trial could have influenced the jury pool or could have jeopardized the verdict and death penalty recommendation on appeal.

Alcala was previously convicted and sentenced to death twice for the murder of Samsoe, but both convictions were overturned on appeal. In 2006, investigators refiled the case and linked Alcala to four previously unsolved murders from Los Angeles County using DNA technology and other forensic evidence.

During the latest trial, prosecutors outlined Alcala's penchant for torturing his victims: One had been raped with a claw-toothed hammer, another had her skull smashed in with a 7-inch rock and one was strangled so fiercely the pressure broke bones. Several of the victims were posed nude in sexual positions after their deaths.

A jury convicted Alcala, a 66-year-old UCLA graduate, of five counts of first-degree murder last month and took just an hour to return a recommendation of death after the penalty phase earlier this month.

Alcala, who represented himself at trial, did not respond to a request for a jailhouse interview about the newly released photos.

Police are now chasing leads from Seattle to Phoenix to Orange County, Calif. Even before the photos were released, Alcala was a suspect in several cases in New York City, where he lived from 1968 to 1971, and in New Hampshire, Murphy said. So far, they have not confirmed that any missing or murdered people are among those in the photos.

Dozens of police departments across the U.S. are also combing through cold cases, looking for similarities between their unsolved murders or missing persons reports and Alcala's victims.

Detectives are fielding heart-wrenching calls from mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers of women who disappeared years ago, never to have their killer found.

One woman who called told police she thought one of the photos may have been her daughter, who went missing in 1982. Police had to tell her that it wasn't possible: By that point, Alcala had been behind bars for nearly three years.

"It's horrible, it's absolutely horrible, and our thoughts and prayers go out to these people," said Thomas, the police captain. "These people are grasping for straws, they want to hold onto anything they can hold onto to bring them closure."

But while some calls are full of anguish, others bring relief. Every so often, a woman will call to say she recognizes herself in one of the pictures.

The nine women identified so far are in states including California, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Washington, Thomas said.

Liane Leedom, a 48-year-old psychology professor and author, is one of those women. She had insomnia earlier this week and was watching CNN at 2 a.m. when she saw herself at age 17 in Photo No. 123. In the picture, Leedom poses in a white, strapless summer dress with a gold cross around her neck, looking down and away from Alcala's camera with a faraway gaze.

Alcala lived down the street from Leedom with his mother and befriended her in June 1979 — the same month he killed Samsoe, who disappeared while riding a friend's bike to ballet class.

Leedom said Alcala gave her a ride to work once and invited her to his mother's home to look at dozens of pictures he'd taken of other teenagers before asking to photograph her at her parents' house.

"I was a 17-year-old girl and I said, 'Oh, a professional photographer wants to take my picture! Of course I'll do it,'" she recalled.

Alcala bragged about how he was a member of Mensa, the organization for people with a genius IQ, and always wore a medallion around his neck that he said signified his membership in the group, she said.

"I think he was grooming me. He showed me all these pictures he had taken. He showed me pictures of nude boys and some of them were so striking that they stick in my mind today," Leedom said.

A neighbor saw Leedom getting out of Alcala's car and told her parents, who ordered her not to see him again. The adults around the neighborhood knew he had already served prison time for an attack on an 8-year-old girl and was awaiting trial on charges of raping a 15-year-old.

"It was super lucky," Leedom said in a phone interview from her Connecticut home. "I'm determined to do good things with the life I've been blessed with."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 08:23:44 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer tonight at 9pm ET:

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

California killer investigated in Seattle cold cases

Associated Press - March 26, 2010 12:45 PM ET

SEATTLE (AP) - California serial killer Rodney Alcala is being investigated in connection with two cold case homicides in Seattle.

The Seattle Times reports a detective is looking into similarities between Alcala's victims in the 1970s in California and the slayings of 2 girls - 13-year-old Tony Witaker and 17-year-old Joyce Gaunt.

Also, a King County sheriff's detective also is investigating whether Alcala could be responsible for the disappearance of 19-year-old Cherry Greenman from Waterville, Douglas County. She had been considered a possible victim of the Green River Killer.

Photos taken by Alcala were found in 1979 in a storage locker in Shoreline, north of Seattle, and police are trying to identify them to determine if they are more of his victims.

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=12210245

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »

Rodney Alcala Sentenced To Death
03/30/10 02:18 PM
SANTA ANA, Calif. — A California judge has sentenced serial killer Rodney Alcala to death for killing four women and a girl in the 1970s.

The sentence on Tuesday comes three weeks after a jury recommended death for the 66-year-old amateur photographer.

The same jury convicted Alcala of five counts of first-degree murder last month for the slayings of four Los Angeles County women and a 12-year-old Orange County girl.

Alcala has been sentenced to death twice before in the 1979 murder of young Robin Samsoe, but those verdicts were overturned on appeal.

Prosecutors refiled charges in that case and added the four other murders in 2006 after investigators linked them to Alcala using DNA samples and other forensic evidence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/30/rodney-alacala-sentence-s_n_518659.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »

Police are trying to identify mystery women and young girls in a collection of more than 100 photographs amid fears they could be the victims of America’s worst ever serial killer.

The pictures were released after rapist monster Rodney Alcala, 66, was sentenced to death by lethal injection in California for the savage murders of a twelve-year-old girl and four young women.

The photos were discovered hidden in a storage locker where the photographer kept his possessions before his arrest.
Detectives believe Alcala may have kept the snaps as sick souvenirs of his murder victims.

'We’d like to locate the women in these pictures,' said prosecutor Matt Murphy.

‘Did they simply pose for a serial killer or did they become victims of his sadistic, murderous pattern?’

‘He’s right up somewhere below Hitler and right around Ted Bundy,’ said Detective Cliff Shepard, referring to the strangler who admitted more than 30 murders in the US in the 1970s

‘It is not humane what he does to these victims. It is torturous,’ he added.

Investigators said they believe most of the slayings happened in the late 1970s. They say he preyed on women and girls by offering to take their photographs.

Alcala choked some of his victims and then allowed them to regain consciousness before killing them.

‘He committed unspeakable acts of horror. He gets off on the infliction of pain on other people,’ Mr Murphy told the jury at Alcala’s trial.

‘He’s an evil monster who knows what he is doing is wrong and doesn’t care.’

‘This could easily be another Ted Bundy,’ said Steve Hodel, a retired Los Angeles detective who interviewed Alcala.

The photographer was said to have a genius IQ of 160 and is known in the US as the ‘Dating Game Killer’ because he once won an episode of the American TV version of ‘Blind Date.’

The woman who chose him to go out with her on the show ended up canceling the date because she found him ‘too creepy.’

There were more than 1,000 photos in the cache found in a storage locker in Seattle, Washington.

Many of the shots were innocent poses in a park or on the beach. Some were of women who had stripped off for the camera.

They range in age from young schoolgirls aged about ten to women who appear to be in their twenties and thirties.

Most were taken in the seventies and police believe the women may have come from across the country.

Two of the photos may have been taken after the women in them were murdered, detectives believe.

Police have already linked to deaths of Seattle teenagers aged thirteen and seventeen to Alcala.

They think he may have also killed a nineteen-year-old who vanished from the same area, as well as two women in New York and several more in Los Angeles.

It took nearly thirty years for the law to catch up with Alcala. He was previously convicted two times of killing Robin Samsoe, but the verdicts were overturned on both occasions.

An earring that belonged to the little girl was also found with the photo cache.

New blood and DNA evidence eventually helped nail Alcala, who has remained behind bars since his initial arrest in 1979.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1262485/Rodney-Alcala-sentenced-death-murders-women-girl-12.html#ixzz0jmUoH7YD

I haven't heard of this guy before.  I wonder how many missing cases could be solved?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

They have been able to identify 21 young women after they were inundated with phone calls, e-mails and other contacts, but none matched up to a missing persons case or an unsolved homicide from the 1970s.

Some of the females who posed for Alcala phoned in and identified themselves, said Huntington Beach Police Capt. Chuck Thomas. A few remembered the time they posed for a glib photographer. But detectives are still seeking the identity of more than 100 other females - and at least two young men - who posed for Alcala.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1161408995&start=6

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »

Originally published Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Serial killer ruled out in Washington case

King County sheriff's investigators have ruled out a condemned California serial killer in the disappearance of a woman who has been missing since September 1976.

King County sheriff's investigators have ruled out a condemned California serial killer in the disappearance of a Washington woman who has been missing since September 1976.

The family of the missing Douglas County woman, Cherry Greenman, recently told King County sheriff's investigators that a photo found in a Shoreline storage locker once rented by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala was not that of the missing woman, said sheriff's spokesman Sgt. John Urquhart.

Sheriff's Detective Jake Pavlovich, who is on the department's cold-case squad, told The Seattle Times last month that a photo found inside the locker resembled Greenman.

The Sheriff's Office had looked into Greenman's disappearance during the investigation into Green River serial killer Gary L. Ridgway, but failed to find a link, Pavlovich said. Greenman has never been found.

"We got a good photo from Huntington Beach [police], and we showed it to [Greenman's] family," Urquhart said.

Urquhart said the Greenman case remains open.

Alcala was sentenced to death last month for strangling four women and a 12-year-old Huntington Beach girl in California in the 1970s.

Alcala, amateur photographer, UCLA graduate and former contestant on TV's "The Dating Game," rented a storage locker in Shoreline in 1979 and filled it with photographs, photography equipment, jewelry and a motorcycle.

After police released more than 100 of the images found in Alcala's storage locker, Pavlovich said he saw blog commentary on The Orange County Register's Web site speculating that one of the photos looked like Greenman.

Seattle police are looking into Alcala in two cold cases from the 1970s.

Seattle cold-case Detective Mike Ciesynski is requesting a DNA comparison between Antionette "Toni" Witaker, 13, and Joyce Gaunt, 17, to determine whether he can be ruled out as the killer.

Authorities in California said Alcala sexually assaulted and tortured his victims and then posed their corpses, two of them outdoors. Witaker and Gaunt were slain within a few months of each other, their bodies found outdoors posed in awkward positions. One was sexually assaulted.

The timing and circumstances around the Seattle slayings give Ciesynski reason to believe Alcala may be involved.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011618843_serialkiller16m.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »

April 20, 2010 11:10 AM
Rodney Alcala Case: NYPD Refuses to Release Photos of Serial Killer's Possible Victims

NEW YORK (CBS) Are New York police standing in the way of justice for a serial killer's possible  victims?

Hundreds of photographs allegedly taken by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala were released by California investigators in March, following Alcala's third - and hopefully final - conviction for the murder of a young California woman and first conviction for three others.

If any of the women and young boys in those photos were missing or murdered, investigators hoped releasing the images would help find them.

At least 20 of the women in the photographs released by officials have been identified, some by the women themselves, and at least four families of missing women have said that their loved ones are in the photographs, although police have not been able to confirm those claims.

But hundreds more photos have yet to be released - because the New York Police Department refuses to make them public.

Former Huntington Beach detective Steve Mack is baffled by the NYPD's resistance to releasing the photos, according to the New York Daily News.

"They should be released. There are people who will identify their missing loved ones," Mack told the paper Monday.

Inspector Edward Mullen, an NYPD spokesman, confirmed that the department's cold case squad received the photos, but declined to say when - or even if - the agency will release the photos.

Alcala is reportedly a suspect in at least two cold cases in New York. One of those is the case of Ellen Jane Hover, 23, a restaurant heiress who disappeared in 1977 after leaving her Manhattan apartment. A year later, her bones were found in a shallow grave in a rugged section of the Rockefeller estate in Westchester County, about 100 feet from a spot where Alcala allegedly brought another young woman for a photo session, authorities told the Orange County Register.

Alcala has long been a suspect in the death of Hover because he was the last person to see her alive.

He is also a suspect in the June 12, 1971, rape and strangulation of Cornelia Crilley, a 23-year-old TWA flight attendant whose body was found in her Manhattan apartment on 83rd Street. Authorities say Alcala's DNA matches genetic material found at the crime scene.

Crilley's then-boyfriend, Leon Borstein, was a prosecutor in the Brooklyn district attorney's office when she was killed. Borstein said he was baffled that the NYPD won't release the pictures.

"I don't know why they are keeping it secret," Borstein told the Daily News.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20002909-504083.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »

April 21, 2010 3:15 PM
Rodney Alcala New Serial Killer Photos Released by NYPD: Over 200 Photos Cops Want to I.D.

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) In a sudden about face from their stance Tuesday, the New York Police Department has decided to release nearly 300 photographs believed to have been shot by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala.

Just yesterday, an NYPD spokesman said  the department's cold case squad had received the photos from police in Hungtington Beach, Calif., but declined to say when - or even if - the pictures would be made public. 

That position had baffled ex-Huntington Beach detective Steve Mack, who said, "They should be released. There are people who will identify their missing loved ones."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20003045-504083.html

There are several links at the site to view pix

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/28/local/la-me-alcala-20110128
Serial killer Rodney Alcala faces charges in New York slayings
A New York grand jury voted to indict Rodney Alcala in the deaths of two women in the 1970s. Last February he was convicted in the murders of four women and a 12-year-old girl in California.
January 28, 2011|By Geraldine Baum and Paloma Esquivel, Los Angeles Times

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/notitas-de-noticias/details/dating-game-killer-charged-with-two-more-murders-sits-on-death-row/4835/
Dating Game Killer” Charged With Two More Murders, Sits on Death Row
Published at 12:02 pm, January 31, 2011

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 07:10:35 AM »

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/28/local/la-me-alcala-20110128
Serial killer Rodney Alcala faces charges in New York slayings
A New York grand jury voted to indict Rodney Alcala in the deaths of two women in the 1970s. Last February he was convicted in the murders of four women and a 12-year-old girl in California.
January 28, 2011|By Geraldine Baum and Paloma Esquivel, Los Angeles Times

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/notitas-de-noticias/details/dating-game-killer-charged-with-two-more-murders-sits-on-death-row/4835/
Dating Game Killer” Charged With Two More Murders, Sits on Death Row
Published at 12:02 pm, January 31, 2011
Trimm, this is one POS I hope lives long enough for all of his victims to be identified.  After that . . . whatever.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »

Sheriff’s Office Links Serial Killer to 1977 Slaying Despite considering Death Row inmate Rodney Alcala a “known suspect” in murder of woman found dead on a Mount Tam trail, department closes case, citing insufficient new evidence.

Thirty-four years ago, the naked, badly beaten body of a 19-year-old San Jose resident was found along the Boy Scout Trail about a quarter-mile from the Mountain Home Inn on Panoramic Highway.
Her murder has been considered a cold case ever since.
In the past week, however, the Marin County Sheriff’s Office has both identified a suspect in the case and closed its investigation due to insufficient new evidence, according to Sheriff’s Lt. Barry Heying.

Heying said Monday that detectives have identified serial killer Rodney James Alcala, who is currently on death row at San Quentin State Prison, as a known suspect in the murder of Pamela Lambson, a computer assistant and aspiring actress and singer.

The detectives brought a sketch of the Lambson murder suspect from 1977, based on a description provided by store clerks who reported seeing Lambson and another man at Fisherman’s Wharf. Lampson’s co-workers and parents told police at the time that their daughter had met a photographer at an Oakland A’s game and made a date to meet him later at the Wharf to pose for a photo shoot.
snipped  more at link
http://millvalley.patch.com/articles/sheriffs-office-links-serial-killer-to-1977-slaying

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »

http://www.lohud.com/viewart/20120622/NEWS05/306220044/Calif-serial-killer-Rodney-Alcala-arraigned-NYC-1-victim-s-body-found-Sleepy-Hollow

Calif. serial killer Rodney Alcala arraigned in NYC; 1 victim's body found in Sleepy Hollow
7:27 AM, Jun 22, 2012

NEW YORK — More than 30 years after their deaths, Rodney Alcala, the man accused of strangling two young women who were making their way in 1970s Manhattan, walked slowly into a courtroom Thursday to answer the charges.

His hands and feet shackled and his gray hair in a ponytail, a bespectacled and bemused-looking Alcala — former photographer, one-time dating-show contestant and convicted California serial killer — said only “not guilty” in a steady voice.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

While fighting a death sentence in California, he’s now being held in New York as prosecutors here pursue a cold case they reopened in the last two years.

He’s due back in court Oct. 30.

With an IQ said to top 160, Alcala has spent the last 33 years tangling with California authorities in a series of trials and overturned convictions. He eventually was found guilty in 2010 of killing four women and a 12-year-old girl in Southern California in the 1970s.

He was brought to New York on Wednesday after unsuccessfully fighting his extradition to New York.
 ::snipping2:: more

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 09:22:11 AM »

http://www.lohud.com/viewart/20120622/NEWS05/306220044/Calif-serial-killer-Rodney-Alcala-arraigned-NYC-1-victim-s-body-found-Sleepy-Hollow

Calif. serial killer Rodney Alcala arraigned in NYC; 1 victim's body found in Sleepy Hollow
7:27 AM, Jun 22, 2012

NEW YORK — More than 30 years after their deaths, Rodney Alcala, the man accused of strangling two young women who were making their way in 1970s Manhattan, walked slowly into a courtroom Thursday to answer the charges.

His hands and feet shackled and his gray hair in a ponytail, a bespectacled and bemused-looking Alcala — former photographer, one-time dating-show contestant and convicted California serial killer — said only “not guilty” in a steady voice.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

While fighting a death sentence in California, he’s now being held in New York as prosecutors here pursue a cold case they reopened in the last two years.

He’s due back in court Oct. 30.

With an IQ said to top 160, Alcala has spent the last 33 years tangling with California authorities in a series of trials and overturned convictions. He eventually was found guilty in 2010 of killing four women and a 12-year-old girl in Southern California in the 1970s.

He was brought to New York on Wednesday after unsuccessfully fighting his extradition to New York.
 ::snipping2:: more
I just think he loves re-living all of his crimes.
His victims mean nothing . . .

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Convicted-Calif-killer-admits-to-2-NYC-killings-4118836.php
Convicted Calif. killer admits to 2 NYC killings
December 14, 2012

NEW YORK (AP) — A serial killer who has already been sentenced to death in California has now admitted to murdering two other women in New York City in the 1970s.

Rodney Alcala pleaded guilty to two counts of murder Friday in a Manhattan courtroom.

Prosecutors identified his two New York victims as Cornelia Crilley and Ellen Hover.

Crilley was strangled with a stocking in her New York City apartment in 1971. Hoover disappeared in 1977. Her body was found hidden in the woods a year later.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.