April 30, 2024, 04:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Channon Christian 21, Missing TN - BF Chris Newsom found dead (BODY FOUND)  (Read 97144 times)
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »

5 years ago Channon & Chris were brutally taken off this earth. I can't believe it has been 5 years already.

The Christian & Newsom families have to relive their 5 years of pure hell all over again. Sad

what makes me really, really sad is that I really wish Channon had gone with Kara when she was leaving for the party.  It sickens me even more to hear Kara talk about how Channon had called her on the phone, crying because she was all by herself at Kara's apartment because Chris was not there yet.  If she had only known what lied ahead.........

RIP Channon & Chris
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »

Being a judge is a heavy responsibility, one that comes with excellent pay and benefits.  It requires very high ethics and moral standards because the effects a judge has in the lives of others, much like that of a surgeon, are life changing.

This judge has indiscriminately affected the lives of a vast number of people... undoing years of work and effort and stripping the scabs off old wounds of those whom sought justice.  He gets to keep his pension given him by tax payers, meanwhile taxpayers will be held financially responsible for a second round of hearing and trials in what I assume is many many cases.

Whomever knew this dickwad was using drugs and rubbing elbows with drug dealers, whomever knew he was on the bench high from narcotics and did not tell other authorities is also responsible. 

Seriously, our system is so flawed.  My mother would say "But it's the best system in the world!" and as an attorney she strongly believed in our justice system, always making excuses when those with authoritative power were crooked or when people who did wrong were not convicted or when DCS did not do their job. 

I suppose the easiest stance is to let it be par for the course but that's just not how I process.  We should strive for improvement, always, and this judge should be made an example of and have to pay a very serious penalty to cover some of the financial burden he has placed on tax payers, perhaps equal to whatever his pension is.  He should also have to face the Christian and Newsom family in civil court for the added suffering he has placed upon them.

I'm as angry with this judge as I am with the murder of these two beautiful kids whose lives were taken in such a horrendous way.  Well, not AS angry but pretty close.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »

I didn't know the latest about the judge and the new trials. 

Unbelievable!

It makes me sick for these poor families to be subjected to this all over again.  God bless them, and give them the strength to get through it all AGAIN!

This is one of the worst crimes I've ever read about, it has haunted me too.

Justice for Channon and Chris!   ::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »

I didn't know the latest about the judge and the new trials. 

Unbelievable!

It makes me sick for these poor families to be subjected to this all over again.  God bless them, and give them the strength to get through it all AGAIN!

This is one of the worst crimes I've ever read about, it has haunted me too.

Justice for Channon and Chris!   ::justice2NJ::

I totally agree, texasmom.  Lots of prayers for these families for the strength to endure again the horrors of what happened to these beautiful children.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2012/01/christian-newsom-torture-murders-five.html
Saturday, January 7, 2012
The Christian-Newsom Torture-Murders Five Years Late

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/199429/2/Christian-Newsom-families-remember-daughter-son
Christian, Newsom families remember daughter, son
11:58 PM, Jan 7, 2012
Video at link.
Early Saturday afternoon, friends and family came together to remember Channon Christian and Chris Newsom on the five year anniversary of their deaths.

The Newsom family honored Chris at Woodhaven Memorial Gardens in Claxton.  While the Christian family remembered their daughter, Channon, at Highland West Memorial Park in West Knoxville.

Mary Newsom said, mother of Chris, said it was nice to see that East Tennesseans were still supporting their family.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »

It makes me sick to think that there are still people out there that would even WANT to represent those scumbags!  I dont agree with Judge B's behavior however it was very clear in the first trials that the defendants were guilty.

When do Chris and Channon's families finally get justice!  I pray they have the strength to endure this once again.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about Channon and Chris.  Where is/was  the outrage?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »

forgive me if this is offensive, but this wasnt a white on black crime. If it had been u would see it. Jmo
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2012, 12:06:13 AM »

forgive me if this is offensive, but this wasnt a white on black crime. If it had been u would see it. Jmo

Well, if anyone is offended...I'm going to double offend...because you, unfortunately are right about this.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:18 AM »

Well, if anyone is offended...I'm going to double offend...because you, unfortunately are right about this.
Let me join the club...I agree.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/christopher-newsom-channon-christian_n_2426358.html
Christopher Newsom, Channon Christian Remembered, 6 Years After Horrific Torture Slaying
 Posted: 01/07/2013 5:07 pm EST

All of the defendants, with the exception of Boyd, appealed their convictions. It was during this time that it was revealed that the presiding judge had admitted to a drug addiction. He was subsequently disbarred and motions were filed to grant retrials for Cobbins, Davidson, Thomas and Coleman. In May 2012, the Tennessee Supreme Court vacated the motions and the state convictions were permitted to stand. Despite the decision, three of the male defendants continue to seek retrials.

"After six years we still don't have justice for those kids," Newsom's father, Hugh Newsom, told WATE, in regard to the possibility of retrials.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/may/19/horror-of-christiannewsom-killings-in-focus/

There was no doubt then that the couple would die.

“Two white people, white kids, this (expletive) fixing to get crazy, man, you know what I mean?” Cobbins said.

Davidson and his cohorts are black, the victims white. Racial differences have never been suggested as a motivator for what authorities view as a random carjacking.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »

http://conservativeintrospection.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/channon-christian-christopher-newsom-rip/

I’m in no way saying we shouldn’t hear about cases were the victims are black people, but we should at least have some balance. Where are the hate crime police here? If being white (in & of itself) when you commit a crime against a black person is a hate crime (according to some past accusations) then why isn’t the opposite true? Folks, there are monsters of the worst kind in every race, but when the media highlights some & ignores others, it gives the false impression that one race is more culpable & evil than others. Corporate media outlets take advantage of historical precedents in order to keep us at each other’s throats. At the same time, I don’t have any interest in using cases like this (as some have) to start a dialogue on hate crimes, because I do respect the feelings of the victims’ families, who probably don’t care about legislation, because it won’t bring their loved ones back. I pray that one day we collectively see through this game they play. RIP Channon Christian & Christopher Newsom. God please comfort their families, who six years later have to hear all of these testimonies & details again. I also pray for their killers, even though I don’t want to, because they need salvation from my perspective, but of course they still have to suffer the consequences of their evil actions. The earthly punishment is just not sufficient to me if I’m being honest but I pray that this puts race relations into perspective for America, in the wake of the enormous amount of coverage the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman fiasco received.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/ruling-parents-of-slaying-victims-public-cant-see-tbi-file_29442576?google_editors_picks=true
Ruling: Parents of slaying victims, public can't see TBI file
Posted February 4, 2015, Updated February 5, 2015

A state appellate court on Wednesday ruled that both the parents of two Knox County slaying victims and the public are barred from reviewing an investigative file on the ex-judge whose crimes led to new trials in the high-profile case.

The Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that Tennessee Bureau of Investigation files have been given special protection from the state Open Records Act — even when such a file is entered as an exhibit in judicial proceedings that do fall under the act.
It did so, the court acknowledged, without any case law attesting to the soundness of its decision.

“Although we could not find any cases resolving the conflict between a confidentiality exemption … and the general disclosure mandate for judicial records, we conclude that the Legislature intended for the ore specific statutory exemption to prevail as a source of contrary state law,” the opinion stated.

Attorney Herbert S. Moncier, who represented the parents of Channon Christian, 21, and Christopher Newsom, 23, likely will seek a Tennessee Supreme Court review.

Christian and Newsom were carjacked, kidnapped, raped, tortured and slain after being taken to the Chipman Street home of convicted ringleader Lemaricus Davidson in January 2007. Three of his cohorts also were convicted of varying roles.

More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2015, 02:29:57 AM »

Interesting...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.