March 28, 2024, 05:01:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VANDERSLOOT - NEWS ARTICLES, FAMILY RELATIONS, ETC.  (Read 85119 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/regios/meierij/inboxmeierij/3898436/Het-nageslacht-van-een-vondeling.ece

Google translation:

The offspring of a foundling

by Hettie van der Ven. Monday, October 20, 2008 | 02:47 |
Last updated: Monday, October 20, 2008 | 09:02

Descendants of the foundling "Van der Sloot" that 200 years ago was found in Best, pay just planted a tree on earth.

photo Gerard Damoiseaux

A foundling, abandoned in a ditch under a cover of leaves, 200 years later the world has many descendants.

This is the story of the family van der Sloot, who yesterday during a massive reunion of the 200th birth of their founder Peter van der Sloot quarter.

Reason for the day is the release of the English edition of the book "A certain geluit In one ditch," referring to the police report from 1808 where the discovery was made by Peter said.
Author Ton van den Hurk (married to Annie van der Sloot) puts in over 600 page document meticulously the family history, who 200 years ago in an unnamed ditch began.

More than 300 relatives, including 60 specially from America, Canada and even Haitian had come, occurred yesterday in the footsteps of Peter, visited the important sites from his life and planted a tree in his native land to the Best in Steenovenseweg.

"We plant the tree as a memorial and in gratitude for the good care that Peter abandoned his commandments," said Anthony van der Sloot in Liempde, co-organizer of the reunion.

"Without the loving care in this region, there was no global offspring."

On October 16, 1808 is Best in a baby born and abandoned in a ditch.

It is found, collected and given the name Petrus van der Sloot.

Once grown to attract Peter Gemonde, where he married and having children, including Anthony, the only further propagates.

Anthony gets five sons, the five branches of the family tree form.

Cornelis Antonius and settled in Boxtel, Peter draws to America, Hendrikus Onrooi comes to visit and John in St. Michielsgestel.

The grandchildren and great grandchildren of those five brothers met each other yesterday, including during a meal together in Room "The Slide" in Gemonde.

There was also the grave of Anthony van der Sloot visited, recently renovated by the American branch of the family.

The "locks" are often stuck in the region Boxtel, Gemonde and St Michielsgestel.

The family has many cattle dealers, grocery and cafe bosses.

An essential part of the genus migrated to America, to serve their commercial fortunes.

Representatives from Canada, America and the Netherlands yesterday placed a bower in the native soil.

Anthony van der Sloot: "We had a rather small tree with a trunk and had a broad crown, symbolic of the growth of the family, but the town did not. This beech is still modest but is undoubtedly very large."

Among the aisle yesterday was a tube containing buried include the baptismal certificate of the ancestor and a list of the names of all present.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »

http://vandersloot.com/#

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2004/nieuws/0427_1986.htm

Google translation:

BOXTEL START INSTANCE OF NEVER COMPLETED BY ACCESSING
"Southern Main road was a tactical miscalculation '

ON THE PHOTO: December 1987: another fatal accident involving a truck in the center of the town, no longer picks Boxtel and utters a final cry to the heavy traffic from the town center to be banished. The heart of Boxtel over crowded with trucks.

"An Echternach Procession '. So typical of former Mayor Paul Pesch Boxtel of the years of litigation, with more steps forward and back, a Southern highway through the area to build Forest Field. A plan that ultimately failed by the protests of residents of the Eindhovenseweg Liempdseweg and so far as that part of road had to be broken. Was eventually chosen for the current Keulsebaan, with a wider arc to the business Boxtel Ladonk the A2 motorway connecting.

End June 1986 Boxtelse contractor started the car with the locals then crossing Boseind the construction of the Southern Main road. The municipality of Boxtel believed to have enough paper to make an access road to and through Boseind a straight line connecting the Eindhovenseweg near the exit Liempdseweg.

The range of 741 meter for nearly two thirds could be achieved. The remainder of the required land was still owned by citizens, but the town did much to assist the court expropriation. The environmental concerns of the Green Heart Association were unfounded.

More than three months after Hans deputy mayor of Burlingame (PvdA) the street sign "Southern Main road 'under the sand away and had taken off action, a shock went through the Boxtelse community. The interest of the residents and Eindhovenseweg Liempdseweg - led by the brothers Peter and Paul van der Sloot - ordered cessation of work because the zoning has not been approved by the Crown. Petitions were hastily drawn up by entrepreneurs, school, traffic associations, unions and residents calling for the construction of the road but mainly to finish.

Of course, the province had given its approval for a road through the center of Forest Field Boxtel get rid of freight to and from Ladonk. But the objectors draw courage from a Royal Decree in 1976 that the Crown of the short route then a temporary access road referred to and rejected its expressed preference for a wider road with a curve - along the Tiny German - would run at Boxtel.

KB rattled

The Council of State agreed not to request the suspension of the bewonersgroep. The former mayor and his officials relieved Pesch came back from The Hague. A few days later, the first asphalt lying on the sand ready rotated. Hoped the town in June that the expropriation of land required would be completed before the year 1986 was ended, the pilot did not.

Although Minister Ed Nijpels sake, and the town with a so-called contrarian Royal Decree also paved the way for the first part of the Southern Main road to complete, the objectors challenged the decision of the minister. "Of course we were happy with Nijpels' consent, but fair to say that the KB contraire all around rattled. It surprised me that the expropriation of the objectors in the court equated ", looks back Pesch.

In 1992 it was decided to built half way back to break and yet but a journey to the north of the German line to choose. Pesch was already succeeded by Ton Rombouts. The Keulsebaan in 1995 was inaugurated by Minister Annemarie Jorritsma.

POLITICAL CHOICE

In the eighteen years (1971-1989) he was mayor of Boxtel, was the construction of a southern access road and running through Pesch 'career. 'The route through the Forest Field (Boseind-Liempdseweg - ed) was a legacy of my great predecessor, Martien van Helvoort. They wanted a temporary road construction, in anticipation of a new provincial road Tilburg, Oisterwijk, Boxtel, with a wide arc to the south side of Boxtel had come, "says Pesch.

Despite the Royal Decree of 1976 killed a damning indictment on this route, the policy nevertheless decided to continue. The former mayor can still remember why that choice is made.

,, This decision was motivated by the desire of the then Labor Kallen Alderman Louis to the south side of Boxtel (near Liempdseweg) to designate as future plans new. By a way to build from the Boseind Eindhovenseweg Liempdseweg and through to the A2 highway, would not only be a good opening for business Ladonk arise, but also some new residential area, "said Pesch. He stressed that a political choice was not rational. "I think the Forest Field area by the Royal Decree of 1976 much has been contaminated."

SOLITUDE

Was it not been for the better half to reverse than to get to wander? In retrospect Pesch answered that question with a resounding yes. "It was a tactical miscalculation." But he points out that this choice then privately by the college several times been considered, but there never publicly by B. W. and discussed. "There was of course very much in This means investing in time and money. The public and employers were constantly on the skin to quickly get away anyway. "

The ever-changing composition of successive colleges Pesch was as a lawyer with the file 'Southern Main road "saddled. It has drawn heavily on him. Especially during protests. "I still see how middle class within a coffin bore the hall after the freight traffic in the town center again a victim had demanded. At those times I felt alone. From the council and the community, I rarely if ever effective support. "

No resentment

Of resentment or grudge against the objectors is no Pesch. "I do have trouble with my eyes shot by legal citizens. But bewonersgroep Eindhovenseweg-Liempdseweg has a very good job and sometimes had better arguments than the town. Although our opinions have also clashed with meetings of Adriaan Abeelen, president of the environmental organization Green Heart, never led to unpleasantness. "

The 80-year-old mayor admits that the perils to Boxtel the southern access road to help him much pain and sorrow have worried. ,, But the memories of my time is not overshadowed. "

What happened in 1986:

Gemonde runs hot for restoration of the bells of Saint-Lambert.

Before the year ends, let the behemoths of 500 and 700 pounds is stirring again.

In Esch Black Sisters celebrate their fifty years working in local district nursing, nursery education and the elderly.

After eighteen years Mayor takes leave of Liempde Piet (PA) Smits.

Show Breugel of which shall temporarily, until shortly before the turn Daan Gerard Dels successor is appointed.

Construction of new homes in the neighborhood torn shirt, the parish Lennisheuvel greatly expanded.

In Boxtel plans are developed for new construction at Zandvliet.

The Guild Bond Harmony puts everything in order to participate in the national championship.

The orange flag should be returned later as professional musicians would have played.

ON THE PHOTO: For four months before Mayor Paul Pesch and his officials with a confidence building of the State Council in The Hague left, was deputy mayor of Hans Brummen Boseind to cope with the exhumation of the Southern Main road sign min or more already made the start with the construction of the route through the Forest Field. It was not yet complete all turn out different.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2005/nieuws/0526_sloot.htm

Google translation:

30 juni 2005

DISAPPEARANCE AMERICAN TEEN MEDIA SHOW

Former central Boxtelaar in Aruba missing case

ON THE PHOTO: Attorney Paul van der Sloot (second from left), at the table during a press conference on the Southern Main road. Right Adriaan Van der Sloot is chairman of Abeelen environment The Green Heart Association. (File Photo Brabants Centrum).

The seventeen year old son of former Boxtelaar Paul van der Sloot, Joran, is in custody since June 9 in Aruba because of possible involvement in the disappearance of American schoolgirl Natalee Holloway (18). Van der Sloot, the judge in Aruba, was down from Thursday to Sunday, the authorities were aware that he may know more of the case. The former Boxtelaar has been released because of insufficient suspicion on him.

The case in Aruba focuses on the mysterious disappearance of Natalee Holloway, a schoolgirl from Birmingham, Alabama with a hundred schoolmates to the island had come to the achievement of the high school diploma to celebrate. On May 30 it was Holloway was last seen, according to U.S. media reports had it at night around 01.30 hours in the company of Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers. They included a party boat on which the DJ was jailed for some time.

The trio has stated that the girl after a night out to see the island and then made off in her hotel. Justice in Aruba has challenged the statements, especially after the mother of the brothers from CNN news said that one of her sons had invented a declaration to protect Joran van der Sloot. The brothers Van der Sloot would the girl have marketed elsewhere. According to CNN the suspects is the charge of murder and kidnapping over the head.

The lawyers of the defendants insist that they are innocent. It also said the mother of Joran van der Sloot to CNN: "I know he is innocent." The arrest of her husband called them "ridiculous". "It hurts because my husband fifteen years of his integrity to this island has. That this happens is just bizarre. (...) I believe in my husband, I believe in my son. It will all be okay. "By the Associated Press that she told her son's reading of his story has just updated with Holloway on the beach was. Since he left the girl without her something to do.

Search

While the investigation into the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway continues, Aruba is an American research team operates. The team, consisting of 27 professionals and four dogs, combing the entire island, and also does research at sea. The search has not produced results, various media consider the likelihood that American teens have found very little.

The disappearance of Natalee Holloway has now blossomed into a media spectacle. The authorities of Aruba this week Foreign Minister Ben Bot sought help and assistance as the image of Aruba island vacation threatens to become contaminated. Aruba is a popular attraction for American tourists. All American news channels and newspapers have teams in Aruba, daily comprehensive report on the matter. Not only reports on the search for Natalee Holloway, are also often seen pictures of the arrest and release of Van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot off in 1990 from his then place Arnhem to Aruba. He was adviser to the Ministry of Justice on the island. The former Boxtelaar in the eighties was heavily involved in a legal joust about the plans for the Southern Main road in Boxtel. Van der Sloot resisted with allies, who were united in the BEL interest group, against the construction of that road. With success, Boxtel was after a protracted legal process that lasted almost twenty years climbdown. Eventually, in a different place, in 1996, the Keulsebaan opened.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/nieuws/1006_vandersloot.htm

Google translation:

February 11, 2010

Paul van der Sloot DECEASED

Years of struggle against Southern Main road

Former Boxtelaar Paul van der Sloot is deceased. The resident of Aruba was Wednesday, February 10 around 21:45 hours local time on the tennis court of Villa Park "Tierra del Sol" suffered a heart attack, said Aruban media this morning. Van der Sloot was brought by ambulance to the hospital, but resuscitation attempts were not late.

The former resident of Boxtel in the eighties was heavily involved in the debate on the Southern Main road in Boxtel. Van der Sloot resisted by supporters, united in the interest Eindhovenseweg Residents / Liempdseweg (BEL), against the construction of the road. In May 1980 has gathered the council endorsed the proposal of the College of B & W. order to build a route through the Forest Field in order to spare the city center. Two years later, in June 1982, the draft zoning plan was ready. Objections were filed, including by BEL. Van der Sloot: "This route will almost certainly beaches at The Crown."

Although the Provincial Executive in February 1985 adopted zoning, the struggle of Van der Sloot and his supporters against the town Boxtel unabated. The construction of the road began on July 27, 1986. In October, work on the Southern Main road shut down by the Council of State following a suspension request from BEL. The continued delay caused great discontent among the inhabitants of Boxtel.

After a fatal car accident in the center in December 1987 was the debate around high on the Southern Main road. In May 1988 the Supreme Court annulled a decision by the court expropriation. The town had a new boot process. The BEL pursued the legal battle. The Crown in December 1988 approved the land use right and the Southern Main road could be completed.

In September 1989 the painting was still on the Southern access road. Legal advice from the College Boxtel had made clear that further construction was impossible. The road finally disappeared from view. Eventually, on November 10, 1995 officially opened the Keulsebaan.

ARUBA

Van der Sloot was living until the mid seventies in Boxtel, then he moved to Tilburg for his study. He worked at Mutual office in Eindhoven and Arnhem. Van der Sloot in 1990 moved with his family to Aruba, where he worked as a judge in training.

In June 2005 was Joran Van der Sloot's son, the police detained on suspicion of involvement in the disappearance of American schoolgirl Natalee Holloway. Van der Sloot himself was sitting down a few days because he may have more of the case would know. The former Boxtelaar finally got a sum of money as compensation because his innocence had been in prison.

Following a remand by 90 days Joran was released for lack of evidence. The case came back into the news when crime journalist Peter R. de Vries an investigation into the disappearance of Holloway started. Persecution of Joran was out, the investigation continues.

Van der Sloot died unexpectedly. When the burial place is unknown. Family members reported this morning that is still not clear whether the former Boxtelaar is buried in Aruba or the Netherlands. Van der Sloot would be Monday, February 15 to celebrate its 58th anniversary.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/BINNENLAND/article/detail/279008/2010/02/11/Vader-Joran-van-der-Sloot-overleden.dhtml

Original text:

Vader van Joran van der Sloot overleden

Paul van der Sloot (L) is overleden. ANP
Als een vasthoudend jurist met principes, zo stond hij bekend, zowel op Aruba als in Boxtel. Maar Paul van der Sloot was vooral ook de vader die vierkant opkwam voor zijn oudste zoon. Joran van der Sloot, nu 22, werd in 2005 tot verdachte bestempeld na de verdwijning op Aruba van de achttienjarige Amerikaanse Natalee Holloway. In de nog altijd niet helemaal afgesloten strafzaak zat ook Paul van der Sloot enige tijd als verdachte van medeplichtigheid opgesloten. Woensdagavond overleed hij onverwachts aan de gevolgen van een hartstilstand. Maandag zou hij 58 jaar zijn geworden.

Als 'vader-van' kwam hij geregeld in de publiciteit. Paul van der Sloot zat aan tafel in het tv-programma Pauw en Witteman  toen zijn zoon een glas wijn naar Peter
R. de Vries gooide. Hij was de spreekbuis die rotsvast in zijn zoons onschuld geloofde, ook als hem werd verweten hem met juridische trucjes te adviseren.

''Paul heeft nooit hartklachten gehad. We hadden nog altijd veel contact, ik weet dus dat hij veel aan sport deed, veel tennis en lopen, voor zover dat in de warmte van Aruba kon,'' vertelt zijn broer Toon van der Sloot in Boxtel. De tennisbaan was een vast onderdeel van Pauls sociale leven op Aruba.

Hij speelde er ook al vele jaren in een brassband. Ze kenden hem op het Caribische eiland vooral als een gewetensvol jurist, altijd recht in de leer. De laatste jaren runde hij in Oranjestad een advocatenpraktijk. Eerder was hij landsadvocaat, kabinetschef bij het Openbaar Ministerie, docent aan de universiteit en rechter.

In 1991 vestigde Van der Sloot zich met zijn vrouw op Aruba. Daar werden twee van hun drie zonen geboren. Voordat hij naar Aruba vertrok, etaleerde Van der Sloot zijn vasthoudendheid als jurist ook nadrukkelijk in Boxtel. Zelfs vanuit Aruba zette hij nog enkele jaren de in 1973 ingezette strijd tegen de zuidelijke rondweg bij Boxtel door. Met succes. Samen met buurtbewoners bestreed hij tot bij de Raad van State de rammelende bestemmingsplannen voor een nieuw tracé, dat deels over de grond van de familie Van der Sloot zou voeren.

De Boxtelse gemeenschap zag hem als een querulant die met zijn persoonlijke strijd tegen een weg op zijn land de levens van de Boxtelse schooljeugd in gevaar bracht. Toen de strijd bijna was gewonnen, verhuisde hij naar Aruba. ''Ik vond het vervelend, maar wel begrijpelijk dat emoties zich in mijn richting ontlaadden,'' zei Van der Sloot later. (HET PAROOL)
11-02-10 12:47

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google translation:

Father of Joran van der Sloot deceased

Paul van der Sloot (L) is deceased. ANP
As a tenacious lawyer with principles, as he was known, both Aruba and in Boxtel. But Paul van der Sloot was especially the father who defended his eldest son square. Joran van der Sloot, now 22, was described in 2005 after the suspicious disappearance in Aruba of the eighteen year old American Natalee Holloway. In the still not fully completed criminal Paul van der Sloot also sat for some time as a suspect of complicity locked. He died unexpectedly Wednesday evening to the effects of a cardiac arrest. Monday he would have become 58 years.

As "father-of 'he arranged publicity. Paul van der Sloot was sitting at table in the TV show Pauw en Witteman when his son a glass of wine to Peter R. de Vries threw. He was the spokesman who firmly believed in his son's innocence, even when he was criticized by legal tricks to advise him.

''Paul has never had heart problems. We still had much contact, so I know he did a lot of sports, many tennis and running, where the warmth of Aruba that could,''said his brother Toon van der Sloot in Boxtel. The tennis court was an integral part of Paul's social life in Aruba.

He also played many years in a brass band. She knew him mainly on the Caribbean island as a conscientious lawyer, always right in theory. In recent years he ran a law practice in Orange City. He was previously country lawyer, private secretary to the Public Ministry, a university professor and judge.

In 1991 drew Van der Sloot and his wife to Aruba. Since two of their three sons were born. Before he left Aruba, Van der Sloot showcased his tenacity as a lawyer also strongly Boxtel. Even from Aruba a few years he set in 1973 deployed against the southern bypass through Boxtel. With success. Together with local residents fought it to the State Council's flimsy zoning for a new route, partly on the basis of the family Van der Sloot would perform.

The Boxtelse community saw him as a bastard with his personal battle against his country in a way the lives of the Boxtelse school youth at risk. When the battle was almost won, he moved to Aruba. ''I found it annoying, but understandable that emotions are unloaded in my direction,''said Van der Sloot later. (Het Parool)
11-02-10 12:47

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/BINNENLAND/article/detail/279008/2010/02/11/Vader-Joran-van-der-Sloot-overleden.dhtml

snip

Paul''has never had heart problems. We still had much contact, so I know he did a lot of sports, many tennis and running, where the warmth of Aruba that could,''said his brother Toon van der Sloot in Boxtel. The tennis court was an integral part of Paul's social life in Aruba.

snip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.brabantscentrum.info/oud_archief_2009/nieuws/0916_arnoldus.htm

Google translation:

April 16, 2009

FANFARE celebrates sixtieth anniversary
Saint Arnold: musical heart of Lennisheuvel

ON THE PHOTO: The doyen of the old brass band still blowing into their game: Toon van der Sloot on trombone, Toon van der Linden on bass and Marinus Verhagen on saxophone. Resting member Hilda van Helvoort listen to the trio. (Photo: Albert Stolwijk).

BY HENK VAN WEERT

"In Lennisheuvel no initiative is a long life. That was always told by the people. With our band we've proven guilty ", Toon van der Linden called bassist and trombonist Toon van der Sloot in chorus. The pair was sixty years ago, also at the birth of St. Arnoldus fanfare. Together with saxophonist Marinus Verhagen, who is a member fifty years, they honored next weekend. Truus van Helvoort drummer is retired and celebrates its silver jubilee.

The four anniversaries are Saturday 25 and Sunday, April 26 in the center of attention in the festival weekend when St-Arnold celebrates the sixtieth anniversary. There is a significant anniversary program which made the reunion concert should be the highlight. Eighteen former members of the brass band percussionists and fourteen in recent weeks after years of absence the way back to the community found Orion, Lennisheuvelse where the band rehearses weekly since its creation.

Father Jan van de Ven, also known as Father Pancras, is the founder, recalls Van der Linden (79) itself. The one years younger Van der Sloot nods: "There was then a youth club in Lennisheuvel active, but the enthusiasm had them back. The father, a Assumptionist of Stack, the group tried literally and figuratively new impetus through the purchase of a second musical number. "

The two diamond anniversaries were neither members of the youth club, but let themselves be seen as the father of the instruments, which cost seven hundred guilders, uitstalde on the floor in Orion. ,, Sjef van den Braak from Boxtel, under conductor of Boxtel's Harmony and later conductor with several other bands in the area, was hired by the Father to give music lessons to come. He shared the tools, "says Van der Linden. He continues: "I so hoped that I would get the bass. I've always found a wonderful tool and I was happy actually allocated. "

It was not the instrument that currently plays Van der Linden: "No, a far more modest sample. A small ringbas, the kind once used by the then Corps Cyclists Music of the Dutch army. "" And I got a trombone with valves. The trombone was nothing but the conductor. "Never get consonant", was his opinion, "chuckles Van der Sloot, who like Van der Linden still are playing his game in the wind ensemble. The bass player is temporarily disabled due to surgery: 'Unfortunately I can not therefore participate in the anniversary concert. "

HEARING TEST

Verhagen joined ten years later to St. Arnold. Born in Oirschot he married a Lennisheuvelse. During a visit to the only pub in the village, the current pub The Troll, he was persuaded to come along to play. "It was after a rehearsal. The musicians sat there and drank a beer together. She drew the conductor on the new resident of the village and Van den Braak appealed to me. Spot a hearing test was conducted to find out whether I had musical talent. He filled some glasses with different amounts of water. I had to turn around and call or a tone higher or lower as the conductor tapped out. "Laughing:" I succeeded brilliantly, but knocked it all or do not know. I had everything I cried, when she again had a new member in ... "
The three nestors Lennisheuvelse of the band have an impressive track record built up. Together they sat for decades in the government, which Verhagen long functioned as treasurer. The guidance of new students was in good hands with him. Two years ago he was at the ribbon rain for his merits appointed to the Order of Orange-Nassau. Van der Sloot manages all thirty years of music and ensure that each member gets a lot like a new concert work at the desk is. The intake of sheet music he takes on his behalf. "A lot of meticulous design that takes time."

Van der Linden sat like many other members often in the rehearsal room to the changing demands of the time to modernize. The hydraulic mechanism with a height-adjustable stage he is a gem. ,, Conceived and executed by the musicians themselves, a showpiece, "he beams. He also recalls that in the fifties of the last century the bandstand on the Market Boxtelse stood by the band members was dismantled and then re Lennisheuvel was built and renovated. ,, Self-motivation in our society is of paramount importance. "

WOMEN

Van Helvoort (60) says sorry to find that the drum band no longer exists. "Because a lack of members. During the reunion concert enter the drum corps at once. Despite my rheumatism I play too. But music is really active week for me since one years or ten already no longer. Very unfortunate because it was very fun to do. Hopefully it again if ever again a percussion group that can be formed. "
Van Helvoort would actually have more than forty years a member of the band have been late seventies when they do not break for several years had been. "My father, Dorus van Kempen, used tambour-maître, so it was obvious at some point that I and my sister joined." Van der Sloot nods: "Yes, because we had enough guys in Lennisheuvel and a band of men to keep the leg. So soon after the establishment were girls allowed. That was a unique time in the music. "

FESTIVAL PROGRAM

Fanfare Sint-Arnoldus festival celebrates the diamond this year with various activities. The anniversary weekend next week there is only one. In Orion community are celebrating anniversaries of Friday, April 24 and runs an internal social evening for members of rubble.
Saturday April 25, all children Lennisheuvel participate in a percussion workshop and then keep the board of a fanfare reception. evening is the reunion concert staple. Sunday, April 26 animates the fanfare in the Eucharist at St. Theresa Church. At noon, a talent which many participants have already registered. The festival program from hour to hour is published next week in Brabant Center.

In June the two harmonies provide a summer evening concert in Lennisheuvel and congratulate their sister club. In October concert is a musical staple in the Tijberzaal and the sixtieth anniversary in December ended with a special Christmas concert, with St. Arnold acting with all the associations which the musical conductor Peter Spierings charge.

More on this:  http://www.fanfare-sintarnoldus.nl/60_jaar.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »

Betsie Van der Sloot is married to Toon and they have a daughter Marianne.

http://www.boxtel.nl/bvandersloot.php

Google translation:

Who Betsie van der Sloot?

Betsie van der Sloot has since 2002 member of the council for the CDA. From 1999 to 2002 she joined the then Public Works and Transportation Committee.

Contact

Address
Old Highway 14
5298 MC Liempde
(0411) 63 15 03
Fax: (0411) 63 31 86

Website
http://boxtel-liempde.cda.nl

E-mail?
toon@vandersloot.demon.nl

My Mission
I like my board membership to make a contribution to a local community in which every citizen, young or old, foreign or native to fully develop.

In politics, I was early familiar. Both my father and my sister were councilor. My husband is 17 years as chairman of CDA was Boxtel. Our daughter Marianne is politically active as member of the CDA Group in the city of Nijmegen. In 2006 I re-elected by preferential voting. I do the board work with pleasure. In the group I am in charge of the Social Affairs portfolio, which education, sports, Social Support Act, disability, inclusion, elderly, youth and youth belong.

Co binding to and touch with the people I represent, I present my next executive board membership as an active volunteer in the health, sustainability, integration and for the district Selissen. I am chairman of the Local Agenda 21, from which projects or activities are designed with sustainability Boxtelse citizens. So go now launched a campaign against litter. In the context of social sustainability is the Taste of Boxtel a very successful project. Previously I was chairman Selissenwal Foundation Community School where we had to ensure the implementation of the Project together parallel. This project has been a drop in the buurtsport including work, social and children's work contact the parents.

My background
I was born in 1950 in Dinther. After my education at the Pedagogical College in Uden 11 years I have enjoyed in the classroom for an elementary school stood. During this period I have been deployed at the administrative level for the community of Forest Bosch. I also when many courses and activities led to the Catholic Women Organization (KVO) both local, regional and provincial. After my marriage to Toon van der Sloot and the birth of our daughter Marianne, I quit my job. My activities for women's organizations I then greatly expanded. From 1992 to 2000, I include national president of the Catholic Rural Netherlands with over 50,000 members.

I live on the border between Boxtel and Liempde. I find relaxation by working in our flower and vegetable garden. I also cook very much. I am also a member of Women's Organizations 2: KVO and KVG.

Member of Committee
Social Affairs
Other Features
President Local Agenda 21
Member of the Client of Jeroen Bosch Ziekenhuis
Member of the Supervisory Board of Vivent (home care) 's-Hertogenbosch and surrounding
Member of the advocacy committee for the national women's organization
Member of the Dutch Organization for Volunteers (NOV)
member of KVO
Member of KVG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&source=hp&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Liempde%2BBoxtel&fb=1&gl=us&ftid=0x47c6e7e56925cfed:0x500de5a8d1eb880&ei=QWB7S4DcMs6-lAfWl7y0BQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2004/nieuws/0417_maxima3.htm

April 22, 2004

PRINCESS IS 'friendly', 'relaxed' AND 'VERY ORDINARY'
Máxima late shattering impression

ON THE PHOTO: Flags on the playground.

Hundreds of people went Wednesday to the community in the Walnut area Selissenwal for a glimpse of Princess Máxima. The princess had during her visit to contact the parents three times to see "the people": in addition to her arrival and departure were the people behind crush barriers were expanded admire her when she left the school to the community Walpoort walked. Máxima at the enthusiasm that fell was overwhelming. An impression ...

Fifteen minutes before Princess Máxima will arrive, a handful of people behind the crush barriers to patiently wait for things to come. The turnout seems a little disappointing to fall, but it is too early to draw conclusions. The 'Welcoming Committee', comprising among others the president of the Community School Selissenwal, Betsie van der Sloot, Mayor of Gomel in January and the beautifully attired contact parents, has been at the entrance of the Walnut prepared.

Further on, the staff Hendriks Construction and Development from Oss, on the building site near the Walnut active, it just stopped working. "I have said that it is OK if the men just look at the arrival of Máxima. She said that for them probably the first and last time that she could see her in person, so I have no qualms. I once myself a look, leave this performer Mike rhymer, indicating that residential construction Hendriks commissioned by St. Joseph Foundation is busy building 82 apartments.

"No, not all employees have stopped work. The betonvlechters are just gone. Máxima who apparently did not see, but that does not. It is not an obligation. As she once inside, everyone goes back to work. It is not intended that we will soon come out again if they work again shut down. "

ON THE PHOTO: Princess Máxima of The Walpoort leave the school.

Impatient

After Commissioner of the Queen Hanja Maij-Weggen arrived, some visitors a little impatient. ,, Where is it nou. It is almost ten hours, "says one woman. While the crowd at the Maria Regina Square quietly awaiting a distant sounds of loud jeers. The students of the department ZML the musician, along with their teachers dressed entirely in orange along the rear Berghstraat . They greet Princess Máxima while in the car pass.

"We were at the school and when she passed, the car drove slowly so Máxima was waving at us. Very nice, "says teacher Caroline Langenberg of the latter for the Walpoort School.

Together with some colleagues and over forty students, she came to the school. The children wear orange hats, shirts and waving flags joyously. Daniel Fountain (11) from Oirschot is also the gate. He knows that in the future Walpoort The name Amalia School will get. For him it is quite clear why the princess is visiting Selissenwal. ,, Maxima is here because she is the mother of Amalia "says the student of De Speelman.

ON THE PHOTO: Beijsens Sander (2) from Boxtel hands just before she left a gift to Princess Máxima. As a reward, the little blond princess Sander a kiss.

POLICE ESCORT

Right on time - Skinny Josje saves ten hours - from three cars pulled up, accompanied by a police escort consisting of two motor officers. The policemen who guard the crush barriers, throw the gate open once the caravan Máxima-Walnut approaching the community. When we arrived the doors fly open and the car's appearance but the drivers for a few guards who take their positions, before Princess Máxima and her lady Boxtelse foot on soil.

The princess is loudly applauded by the crowd behind the crush barriers, but much time exuberantly waving and talk to the princess not. She even laughs at the people, but then turns around and get off at the reception committee. A warm greeting follows. After the princess posed for the photographers she steps inside the Walnut. ,, Who is also quickly. She barely looked at us ", sounds disappointed from the mouth of a woman in the audience.

'Very fat'

When ceilings in a walnut presentation of the contact parents attend to some viewers know to be impressed by the princess. "She has a smart appearance, and it has a nice to see," said Ria van Hamond, who lives in the neighborhood Selissenwal. "This I did not miss, because it is still very special to Máxima here in the area comes and very nice to her once in real life to see. I stood in front, but I'm not too much forced. In that respect, I prefer someone in the background. I am also very good for the parents that they contact Here at last was delayed several times after it has been. "

Máxima Just before her due back around half past ten comes out, install the guards outside the Walnut. When the princess again exactly on schedule to come out and walk to the Walpoort school starts, they are different sides toegeschreeuwd and exuberant welcome. ,, Maxima! Maxima! Take a look at this side. Please, "said one man almost pleading with his camera at the ready. His plea gets little difference; Máxima see him on the head.

Annie Lang Houses from Schijndel has more success. Although Long Houses on the other side, Máxima will respond to her cries and she goes to the far Schijndel. All Long Houses surprised grabs her orange rose out and submit them to the flour with a big smile to the Princess. "I am from Schijndel to come Boxtel, especially for Máxima, because I'm really a big fan," says Lang Homes.

A few feet away to give a child a coloring page princess Máxima who takes great pleasure in receiving. ,, How is Amalia? ", Asked one of the ladies behind the fence. "She is very fat", Máxima laughs as she walks towards the further Walpoort.

ON THE PHOTO: Farewell to Boxtel. Betsie van der Sloot left president of the Foundation's Community School Selissenwal.

RELAXATION

The princess takes during the walk from the community to primary school, which takes several minutes, the time here and there to shake hands and chat. She looks relaxed and making jokes, the exact limits of the television people know. Especially mothers with infants have its great interest.

Máxima, who are the one and another is used, visibly enjoying the attention and the great enthusiasm, but could not hang too long, the next program component, namely the visit to the School Walpoort, wait. After they have shaken the hand of school director Niek Scholts and disappears into the school, boasting a few young men the appearance of the princess. ,, What a beautiful thing is that Máxima, who Alex lucky anyway. "

After visiting the Walpoort Máxima is off by schoolchildren, which the princess uitluiden with colorful flags in their hands. The students are neatly compiled in a row and here and there a shining crown on the heads. Máxima will make a final salute to Boxtel and then get in her car, but not before they Beijsens Sander (2) and his father, Beijsens Ruud has done a great pleasure.

,, Máxima, Sander is a kiss from you ", calls Beijsens when the princess prepares to step into the car. Máxima here first hesitates, but then decided with a look of" Go ahead "but to go on the request. To the amusement of those present was the small Sander her a big hug on the cheek shows. After the princess then again has swung to the crowd, get them in the car and a visit to Boxtel definitely over. The clock strikes eleven times Josje Skinny ...

ON THE PHOTO: Photographers surround public and Princess Máxima.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2004/nieuws/0417_maxima2.htm

Google translation:

April 22, 2004

ROYAL BOXTEL VALUATION FOR WOMEN
Contact Parents Selissen put doors wide open to Princess Máxima

ON THE PHOTO: Princess Máxima will be warmly greeted by the contact parent.

,, To ever! "Angelina Gertrude Wednesday, April 21 has the last word in the lobby of the school as Walpoort Princess Máxima is preparing for her departure. Boxtelse contact with the seven other parents she has one hours long show everything from the contact parent project under the umbrella of the Community School Foundation Selissenwal developed. Boxtel with her visit to Princess Máxima as patron of the Orange Fund to pay tribute to the special activities of the eight women Boxtelse.

Sixty minutes on closer inspection prove sufficient for a comprehensive introduction to contact the parent project. With weeks of preparation and tight timetables show the Princess Máxima possible within one hours to tell all about the conversation class, the coffee-walk, the computer club, reception class and language play group. Despite the limited time it is even possible after the tour led by Smith and Edern Ans Roij of fun to chat while enjoying a cup of mint tea and delicious snacks. The recipes given the princess handed over the book The Taste of Boxtel.

The contact will all parents turn to Princess Máxima her about their activities. Sister Hilda Bos and Safia Kadi told in the red-hot basement of the Walnut on the conversation class, where foreign women playful learning Dutch. "That they do with practical examples, for example shopping or appointments with the doctor," explains Forest sister out.,, Do you have some difficulty with the word green beans? "Laughs Princess Máxima understanding.

ON THE PHOTO: Máxima poses with the contact parent.

Integration

The same is told about the local computer club for immigrant women. It is passionate surfed and emailed as approaching the princess, but on most displays is a picture of Princess Amalia conjured up. ,, What is it really your daughter? ", Asked one of the ladies.,, Very good," says the proud princess. "She is much bigger and much thicker than those above pictures!" She asked interested women to their backgrounds, they also want to know how long they have been in the Netherlands and the integration of course they like.

In the hall of the school Walpoort Princess Máxima will know the language of group play earlier contact Sevim Atalay. During the explanation of the princess Atalay be sung by Group 4. Dick Vocal Teacher Struijcken is heard that the children on the basis of many clever songs difficult words to learn. He explained that if a game is very instructive Hints.

In the reception class, where only children are capturing only a short time stay in the Netherlands and mostly come from war zones, Anneke Iqbal tells about her role as parent contact. All tables of the children are flags showing which country they come. Princess Máxima will obviously an Argentine flag, during the remainder of her visit by an aide worn. The visit to the reception class leaves a deep impression ...

ON THE PHOTO: A student of group 4 of the School Walpoort Princess Maxima handed a drawing.

BRIDGES BUILDERS

Princess Máxima is already at its entrance in the Walnut community extensively informed about the work of the contact parents. President Betsie van der Sloot will explain the project and indicates that perhaps it is good that the visit of the princess had to be postponed several times. ,, The project is now even better and we can show much more, we organize more activities and the environment knows much better what we are concerned. There is really there for embedding in the community. "

Van der Sloot explains that the contact parent project contributes to the renewal of the district Selissenwal. ,, The efforts of parents have contacted us in Boxtel managed more people, non-Dutch and Dutch, participate in various activities. This is not always easy when you consider that we Boxtel 91 nationalities. Our efforts remain necessary. The contact parents remain necessary as bridge builders. Only through additional financial contributions they can continue their work. "

ON THE PHOTO: Contact With Sevim Atalay said Princess Máxima of the language play group.

Contact Gertrude Young adds that all activities are very accessible. Her colleague Jamila Malik explained that work primarily in home visits are very crucial. "The home visits are a vital link for integration," takes on Malik Princess Máxima.

The princess asks while closing 'tea party' how much energy the women manage the day to explain. It also wants to know whether it was difficult to contact parents to recruit. "Most of us were active in the district," replied Gertrude. "The people were already a little familiar with our faces because we all do things at school." Princess Máxima calls the women at work to continue at other locations in Boxtel. That while men need is obvious, as could the words of the princess formatted. ,, Include also those men there, eh, "she said in her departure.

ON THE PHOTO: Princess Máxima and director of The Niek Scholts Walpoort in the schoolyard.

ENTHUSIASM

When Princess Máxima left for Amsterdam, where she visited Wednesday the living room project The Bridge, dominates enthusiasm. All stakeholders have agreed unanimously that "Boxtel" the princess has managed to show all of the contact parent project.

Niek Scholts The director of school Walpoort was very impressed by the visit of the princess brought to his school. The school also received full drafts, although they were somewhat disappointed by the appearance of Princess Máxima. "They had expected that there would be a real princess, complete with crown and fur coat."

Betsie van der Sloot President of the Foundation's Community School Selissenwal is equally impressed. She noted that not only captivated Princess Máxima has taken note of the contact parent project. ,, Commissioner of the Queen Maij-Weggen told me that she never been a special project in North Brabant had visited. She also said that such projects actually across Brabant should be established. Well, that offers tremendous promise in Boxtel. "

ON THE PHOTO: Máxima was the audience described as 'friendly', 'relaxed' and 'commonplace'.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »

Prior to the above...

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2004/nieuws/0413_juliana2.htm

VISIT PRINCESS MÁXIMA POSTPONED UNTIL APRIL 21
Boxtel commemorates deceased
Princess Juliana

ON THE PHOTO: The famous photo of the visit of Princess Juliana of The Little Earth. With Henk Keizer Sietze Leflang and the Queen walking boots on the garden.

A casual visit. Thus the one-time visit by Queen Juliana on October 15, 1974 in Boxtel brought out. Saturday, March 20 Juliana died in her sleep at Soestdijk palace. The death of the 94-year-old princess has implications for public life and will in any case the visit by Princess Máxima Tuesday, April 6 at Boxtel would bring back is called off. The princess is now on Wednesday, April 21 to Boxtel.

A few moments after the death of Princess Juliana by Prime Minister Balkenende officially been announced, then the whole college of mayor and aldermen themselves, wrapped in sandwichborden, the Judge Street. Mayor of Gomel in January and the three aldermen are conventionally on the road to recruit volunteers for DELTA Welfare Foundation Boxtel. The activity is not deleted they occurred.

,, Princess Juliana this activity would certainly have approved, "Mayor thinks of Gomel. He praises the former queen for her accessibility. "She was surrounded by people and can be seen as symbolic of a" normal "queen." Gomel Van recalls especially the Queen Juliana Netherlands after the Second World War have helped them recover. "They had many international contacts and showed great commitment, "said the mayor.

The death of the princess will affect other activities. The most drastic is the second cancellation of the visit of Princess Máxima to Boxtel. On Tuesday, April 6, the princess a visit contact the parent project in the district Selissenwal. It is a consequence of the distribution of the apple from Orange to contact the eight parents. The visit was canceled last year because the pregnant princess had to keep quiet. After the birth of Princess Amalia was a pinned new date for the visit.

Betsie van der Sloot President of the Foundation's Community School Selissen which the parents are contacted immediately realized Saturday morning that the visit of Maxima again called into question would face. "It will not be true, then you think. But then immediately you realize that it is quite understandable that the visit is canceled. After a death in your family it is obvious that a break is built and there is scope for processing of grief. You can also Máxima not expect them overnight Princess Juliana is buried a few days later happy to come Boxtel, "Van der Sloot.

ON THE PHOTO: In the hall of the town can Boxtelse since Monday signed the condolence register.

During Monday received President of the Van der Sloot Foundation Community School Selissenwal official notice of the cancellation of the visit. When Princess Máxima to Boxtel would come the whole week was unclear. The RVD knew until last night as a new date: Wednesday, April 21.

NO BOOM FESTIVAL

Not only the visit of Princess Maxima is delayed by the death of Princess Juliana. The planting of native tree or tree Amalia, which take place Wednesday morning in the park procession, also went through. The plants of a native tree is a festive affair and has no place in a period of one term of the royal hofrouw proclaimed. All municipalities have activities on the national holiday tree canceled. In Boxtel and Liempde the trees and bushes, and the Tree Amalia, still planted on Wednesday, April 7.

In the town the market is Monday, March 22 opened a condolence register, where residents can express their participation in the royal family. Immediately after the news of the death of Princess Juliana in all public buildings, the patriotic flag hung at half mast, here and there flies a black flag as a sign of mourning. Many people have since Saturday the flag half mast.

Princess Juliana is Tuesday, March 30 buried in the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft. The meeting of the network for blind and partially sighted people over 50 in these days would be held in the Building Ursula, is canceled for that reason. The next meeting will be held on April 13.

ON THE PHOTO: Queen Juliana is preparing for her departure. She is flanked by Mayor Paul Pesch and royal commissioner Van der Harten. In the center is the police Boxtelse Guus Wouters.
Back

March 25, 2004

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »

http://marianne2703.hyves.nl/

http://s-hertogenbosch.old.cda.nl/marianne+van+der+sloot.aspx?language=en-US

Candidates   

01. Jan-Hein van Beers
02. Marianne van der Sloot
03. Ben Wagemakers
04. Ingrid van Asseldonk
05. Olaf Thelissen
06. January Brouwers
07. Jetty Eugster
08. David Duren
09. Paul Procee
10. Freek van Genugten

http://s-hertogenbosch.old.cda.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=26008&language=en-US

Google translation:

2010 Local Candidates

Marianne van der Sloot   

's-Hertogenbosch (Center)

With great pleasure I live in 's-Hertogenbosch Our city is great and wonderful life. But there must also be worked to the city, right now!

That I would like for you to do as a member of the Municipal Bossche. Previously I have 8 years experience as a councilor in Nijmegen.

There are 3 subjects that I am:

Safety: The local bobby back in every neighborhood;
Care and Welfare: No cuts in health and welfare;
Investing: Just invest in the crisis, which also provides internships and jobs.
Together with you I want to provide a strong 's-Hertogenbosch. A city with much history, but particularly future.

Rate: March 3 CDA.
Rate: number 2 on list 3.
Rate: Marianne van der Sloot!

I'm sure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gemeenteraad.pentapolitica.nl/politici/220

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »

http://marianne2703.hyves.nl/

http://s-hertogenbosch.old.cda.nl/marianne+van+der+sloot.aspx?language=en-US

Candidates   

01. Jan-Hein van Beers
02. Marianne van der Sloot
03. Ben Wagemakers
04. Ingrid van Asseldonk
05. Olaf Thelissen
06. January Brouwers
07. Jetty Eugster
08. David Duren
09. Paul Procee
10. Freek van Genugten

http://s-hertogenbosch.old.cda.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=26008&language=en-US

Google translation:

2010 Local Candidates

Marianne van der Sloot   

's-Hertogenbosch (Center)

With great pleasure I live in 's-Hertogenbosch Our city is great and wonderful life. But there must also be worked to the city, right now!

That I would like for you to do as a member of the Municipal Bossche. Previously I have 8 years experience as a councilor in Nijmegen.

There are 3 subjects that I am:

Safety: The local bobby back in every neighborhood;
Care and Welfare: No cuts in health and welfare;
Investing: Just invest in the crisis, which also provides internships and jobs.
Together with you I want to provide a strong 's-Hertogenbosch. A city with much history, but particularly future.

Rate: March 3 CDA.
Rate: number 2 on list 3.
Rate: Marianne van der Sloot!

I'm sure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gemeenteraad.pentapolitica.nl/politici/220

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »

Bossche VVD haakt in op val kabinet
zaterdag 20 februari 2010 | 18:11 | Laatst bijgewerkt op: zaterdag 20 februari 2010 | 18:55

DEN BOSCH 'Het kabinet is gevallen. Kan ons land eindelijk weer opstaan'. Met die leus voerde de Bossche afdeling van de VVD zaterdag campagne in de binnenstad van Den Bosch. "Dit is nog eens actueel hè", reageerde VVD-wetwethouder Bert Pauli op de val van het kabinet de nacht ervoor.

Lijsttrekker Pauli kreeg bij de campagne gezelschap van enkele Tweede Kamerleden, die ook huis-aan-huis kiezers bezochten.

Het Kerkplein in Den Bosch leek zaterdagmiddag op een verzamelplaats van de politieke partijen die bezig waren met campagne voeren richting de gemeenteraadsverkiezingen van woensdag 3 maart. Behalve de VVD, waren ook GroenLinks, het CDA en de SP bezig met een 'charmeoffensief'. Het CDA deed dat onder meer met het uitdelen van appels en mandarijntjes. Marianne van der Sloot, nummer 2 op de kandidatenlijst van het CDA, kreeg net als haar partijgenoten 's morgens rond 7.20 een mailtje met de boodschap van premier Balkenende dat het kabinet was gevallen. Volgens Van der Sloot heeft de val geen gevolgen voor de verkiezingen in Den Bosch. "Ik krijg van veel mensen positieve reacties. Maar het was natuurlijk lekkerder geweest als het kabinet niet was gevallen."

http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/regios/denbosch/6278786/Bossche-VVD-haakt-in-op-val-kabinet.ece

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »

Achttien Sallandse raadsleden zwaaien af
vrijdag 19 februari 2010 | 15:13 | Laatst bijgewerkt op: vrijdag 19 februari 2010 | 15:16

In de vier gemeenten in ons verspreidingsgebied zwaaien 18 raadsleden af. In de gemeente Raalte zijn Tineke van der Bruggen (PvdA), Gerard te Wierik (Gemeentebelangen) en Wim Arends (VVD) niet meer kandidaat voor hun partij. Begin deze week is bekend geworden dat ook CDA'er Henk Robben niet terugkeert in de Raalter raad.

Hij staat weliswaar tweede op de CDA-lijst, maar wordt burgemeester van de gemeente Wierden.

In de gemeente Olst-Wijhe keren Egbert Dijkslag (Gemeentebelangen), Toke Landman (PvdA) en Johannes Oegema (CDA) na de verkiezingen zeker niet meer terug in de raad.

In de gemeente Hellendoorn staan niet meer op de kandidatenlijst de CDA'ers Berkhof-Protzman, Hospers, Kemper en Stokvis-Scholten, de PvdA'ers Kleinmeulman en Vos-IJsselstijn, en VVD'er Gorter.

In de gemeente Dalfsen kan niet meer gestemd worden op de dames Keuvelaar-Van der Sloot (GB), Tempelman-Mulder (VVD) en Batterink-Van Berkum (ChristenUnie), en PvdA'er Smit.

Sommige zittende raadsleden staan wel op de lijst, maar zo laag dat ze alleen via voorkeurstemmen terug zouden kunnen keren.

http://www.destentor.nl/regio/salland/6272565/Achttien-Sallandse-raadsleden-zwaaien-af.ece

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »

Oplossing verzocht

Peter R. de Vries vraagt zich af of Anita van der Sloot misschien openheid van zaken geeft over wat er met Natalee Holloway is gebeurd en waar haar lichaam is gebleven, nu haar man Paul plotseling is overleden. Hij wordt beschouwd als de kwade genius achter de betonnen ontkenningen van zoon Joran dat die ook maar iets uitstaande heeft met de verdwijning van de Amerikaanse. Alle onbeantwoorde vragen heeft van der Sloot sr. mee het graf in genomen, maar van Anita is bekend dat zij, ook openlijk, twijfelde aan de schone handen van haar zoon.

Privé speelt de emoties naar ongekende hoogten door het gevoelsleven van de moeder van Natalee, die onvermoeibaar bezig blijft  het raadsel op te lossen, en de moeder van Joran naast elkaar te zetten: Kàn een moeder een andere moeder zo laten lijden, terwijl enkele antwoorden die pijn wellicht iets kunnen verzachten? Anita staat voor een duivels dilemma. Want als ze haar mond open doet, is ze ook zoon Joran kwijt.

http://www.rnw.nl/nl/nederlands/article/nedklets-sven-kramer-schaatst-zich-niet-alleen-op-ijs-naar-het-geluk

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

From the information I've read, I believe Kees Vandersloot is a cousin to Toon and Paulus Vandersloot.

http://haiticrisis.appspot.com/view?id=haitianquake.com/1631

haitianquake.com/person_gender: M

haitianquake.com/person_fullname: SAMUEL (KEES) VAN DER SLOOT

haitianquake.com/person_age: 76

haitianquake.com/person_place_of_birth: BOXTEL, NETHERLANDS

haitianquake.com/person_place_of_residence: MISSION. DELA CHARITE,CLERCINE #22A, RUE DARIUS #6 PORT AU PRINCE

haitianquake.com/person_fathers_name: ANTONIUS VAN DER SLOOT

haitianquake.com/person_mothers_name: HENRICA VALKS

haitianquake.com/person_created: 1263514976

haitianquake.com/person_updated: 1263514976

http://haiticrisis.appspot.com/view?id=cnnireport.com/9636

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-383202

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2010/nieuws/1003_sloot.htm

January 21, 2010

GREAT NEED FOR MEDICINES
Boxtel Kees van der Sloot supports missionary in Haiti

ON THE PHOTO: Brother Kees van der Sloot is a nurse working in Port-au-Prince. (Photos: Van der Sloot family).

BY MARC CLEUTJENS

Kees van der Sloot (79) has survived the earthquake in Haiti. The missionary was Boxtelse on the day of the small convent in Port-au-Prince when the earth began to shake and a large part of the capital turned into a disaster area. Van der Sloot and his family was unharmed in Boxtel said that his work for the poor, now has to continue.

Only after a few days succeeded relatives in the United States and Canada managed to make contact with Van der Sloot, who as a missionary working for the order of Sister Theresa. Via the Internet they were told that he has survived the earthquake unscathed and the only slightly damaged monastery to escape. ,, The others who stayed in the monastery were not hurt, "says van der Sloot Liempde To Toon, acting as spokesman for the family and coordinate action to raise money for his cousin in Haiti.

The missionary, who last year spent in Boxtel to a reunion of the family Van der Sloot to attend, is from Port-au-Prince announced that the city is a huge need for medication. ,, That we thus raise funds and ensure that the very poorest inhabitants of the city can be helped, "says Toon van der Sloot. His cousin in Haiti has always fought for the people who have nothing. ,, Besides helping disadvantaged young brothers managed the sister of Theresa in Port-au-Prince a kind of hospice, which also the poorest area was worthy to die. "

ON THE PHOTO: In conversation with some visitors from the medical post.

CORRUPTION

At this moment in the family Van der Sloot in Boxtel ways the money for the drugs on a good way to get in Haiti. The country is known for its rampant corruption and the earthquake would have disrupted the country further. "The order of Sister Theresa also has a branch in Miami, which is already close to Haiti. The order has very good contacts and know the right way to drugs that Kees will be working on, "said Toon van der Sloot.

People who work in missionary Kees van der Sloot to support one can sum to account number 1336.65.941 in the name of A. van der Sloot stating "Brother Kees, Haiti.

ON THE PHOTO: Brother Kees van der Sloot poses with some street children in the slums of Port-au-Prince.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »

Kruys ziet ziekenboeg leeglopen
18 februari 2010

FC Dordrecht-trainer Gert Kruys kan voor de uitwedstrijd tegen BV Veendam Beschikken over herstelde Didi Longuet, Bart van Muyen en Mohamed Houdoe. Ook verdediger Johan Versluis is na een schorsing weer beschikbaar.

De ziekenboeg van Dordtenaren bestaat nog uit Marvin Westerduin en Marcel van der Sloot. Bovendien is Sven Delanoy geschorst.

Het is nog onzeker van het duel vrijdagavond aan de Langeleegte in Veendam deur kan gaan. De afgelopen weken was het veld onbespeelbaar. Aan het begin van donderdagavond wordt het veld gekeurd voor het duel Tussen de nummer 10 - FC Dordrecht - en de nummer 13 - BV Veendam - uit de Jupiler League.

http://www.radiorijnmond.nl/Homepage/Nieuws?view=%2FNews%2FDefault%2F2010%2Ffebruari%2FKruys+ziet+ziekenboeg+leeglopen

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

Christelijke student woont liefst met andere christenen op kamers
Aangemaakt: 18-02-2010 12:34 Gepubliceerd: 18-02-2010 12:32

GRONINGEN - Uit een onderzoek blijkt dat de meerderheid van de christelijke studenten het belangrijk vindt om met andere christenen op kamers te wonen.

Dit resultaat kwam naar voren uit een onderzoek voor een ‘christelijke kamerwebsite'. Twee Groningse studenten voerden dit onderzoek uit om de haalbaarheid van de website christelijkwonen.nl te meten. Janneke Karssies en Roel van der Sloot, beiden studerend aan de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, voerden recentelijk een onderzoek uit onder bijna 600 christelijke studenten in Nederland. Aan de hand hiervan moest duidelijk worden of een kamerwebsite gericht op christelijke studenten haalbaar is. Het onderzoek liet zien dat meer dan de helft van deze christelijke studenten de voorkeur geeft om bij medechristenen op kamers te wonen.

Naar aanleiding van de onderzoeksresultaten hebben de Groningse studenten de website christelijkwonen.nl opgericht. Deze website is gericht op studenten die er bewust voor kiezen om met andere christenen in een huis te wonen. "Met als doel dat ze elkaar steunen en sterken als christen in hun dagelijkse leven", aldus de initiators van Christelijk Wonen.

Christelijk Wonen doet veel stof opwaaien in de christelijke (studenten) wereld. Critici vinden dat je als christen juist bij niet-christenen op kamers moet gaan. Voornaamste reden hiervoor is het verspreiden van Gods Woord onder degene die Hem niet kennen.

De initiators van Christelijk Wonen kunnen zich vinden in deze kritiek, maar vinden het ook belangrijk dat een christen een plek heeft waar die zich thuis voelt. "We begrijpen dat evangeliseren een belangrijk onderdeel is van het christendom, maar het leven in een huis waar je bewust voor kiest is ook belangrijk."

http://www.uitdagingonline.nl/Artikel/508/1025693/Christelijke-student-woont-liefst-met-andere-christenen-op-kamers.html?publicationdate=True&thumbnail=True
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »

Arnhem kan binnenkort weer klokkijken

Een vereenvoudigde weergave van de Eusebiustoren wordt begin april 2010 zichtbaar op het steigerdoek rond deze toren. De toren die nu achter steigers is verborgen, is dan weer aan alle kanten herkenbaar. Bovendien krijgt de toren weer een klok die de juiste tijd aangeeft. De Stichting Eusebiuskerk Arnhem en de gemeente Arnhem zijn enthousiast over het ontwerp voor het steigerdoek.

Het ontwerp van het steigerdoek was bij diverse partijen in de stad onderwerp van gesprek. Dat bewijst de betrokkenheid die inwoners hebben bij 'hun' Eusebiustoren. De gemeente en Stichting hebben bij de definitieve keuze voor het ontwerp vooral gelet op herkenbaarheid. Alle vier zijden van de toren worden voorzien van een klok. Deze wordt straks op een bijzondere manier belicht. De klok aan de voorzijde van de kerk hangt niet in het midden. Dat is niet mogelijk vanwege de lift en het trappenhuis van de steiger.

Uitstraling behouden
De toren van de Eusebiuskerk staat in de steigers om de toren te kunnen inspecteren en vervolgens te restaureren. De verwachting is dat restauratie van de toren jaren zal vergen. Op initiatief van de gemeente en de Stichting krijgt de hele steiger een doek om de uitstraling van Arnhems icoon tijdens de restauratie te behouden. Burgemeester Pauline Krikke heeft zich persoonlijk sterk gemaakt om de toren ook uit te rusten met een klok. Het steigerdoek wordt tijdens de restauratie langzaam van boven naar beneden afgerold. De echte gerestaureerde toren wordt dan stukje voor stukje weer zichtbaar. Het is daarom van belang dat de kleuren die in het doek zijn gebruikt goed aansluiten bij het natuursteen van de toren.

Levend monument
Burgemeester Krikke: "De Eusebiustoren is een belangrijk herkenningspunt voor veel Arnhemmers. Het is een levend monument. Om een monument levend te houden moeten Arnhemmers er een verbinding mee kunnen aangaan. Bijvoorbeeld door elke dag even omhoog te kijken hoe laat het is. Sinds de toren in de steigers staat kan dat niet meer. Mensen missen dat. Gelukkig vertelt de toren ons binnenkort weer hoe laat het is. En als we dan toch omhoog kijken, kunnen we tegelijkertijd de vorderingen van restauratie zien."

Glazen lift
Directeur Jan van der Sloot van de Stichting Eusebius Arnhem is blij met de 'nieuwe' toren. "Prachtig dat het idee van onze burgemeester op deze manier is uitgewerkt én dat de Stichting en gemeente dit met elkaar tot stand hebben gebracht. Ondertussen hoeven we onze bezoekers niet teleur te stellen: zij kunnen als altijd met de glazen lift naar de Belvedère om daar de geschiedenis van Arnhem te lezen én het prachtige uitzicht te aanschouwen. Dat is mogelijk door een uitsparing in het doek met een frame op de hoogte van dit uitzichtpunt. Kortom, ook die activiteit kan door blijven gaan".

Bron: Gem Arnhem

http://www.nieuwsuitarnhem.nl/nieuwsbericht.asp?item=7605

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.