March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE PRESIDENT’S PROPOSAL - a discussion  (Read 1117 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 23, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »

I copied some items from the proposal and have been thinking about them.

The devil remains in the detail.  The slick advertising sheet doesn't contain the fine print.  Everyone should read the fine print and listen to citizens before voting.

It makes insurance more affordable by providing the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history, reducing premium costs for tens of millions of families and small business owners who are priced out of coverage today. This helps over 31 million Americans afford health care who do not get it today – and makes coverage more affordable for many more.

Where are the cost savings?

Who will have to pay more today, and five years from now to make this affordable for some, but not for all?

Is affordable healthcare constitutional?

Who decides what is affordable and for whom?  Will it be based on race, ethnic, and political disparities?

Why should someone pay more or less because of their individual situation?

Why shouldn't everyone have access to the same prices?

===

As an example, Why do some global consumers pay say $2-$40 for an  vaccine, and Americans pay $300?  The Chinese make a generic for about $.50?

How affordable would healthcare be if everyone had access to the same price?  $2?

Why do Americans have to pay $300 and provide access/affordability at $300?

I think everyone could afford $2.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.