April 27, 2024, 10:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #493 7/13 - 7/14/2006  (Read 133282 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2006, 09:41:12 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
FM~

I know exactly how you feel, having to put to rest 3 german shepherds that were not just pets, but treated like family members.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks Jacquie - I am crying like I did when my Grandma died!  I fell so bad!  I miss my baby!

I've cried harder for my dogs passings than I have for some people.

I know what you are going through, and so sorry that you have to.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »

"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."   Robert Heinlein

FM, I posted my thoughts earlier this morning.  

Now I think I will go take a walk around the parking lot and collect myself.   May take a couple laps.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2006, 09:45:18 AM »

FM, I'm crying with you.  Your post about Kitty rings true for all of us who share our home with furry friends. You said it all very well. Jacquie is right on, too, about family.  

Hugs to you.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2006, 09:47:55 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Goodnight Tyler.  I'm right behind you.  It's been a long day.  Poor FM--it's heartbreaking to lose a loved pet.  I don't have her email, but FM--I'm so sorry.  You have my heartfelt sympathy and prayers now.  

Night all.

Good Morning Monkeys!  

Thank you all for your heartfelt sympathy.  I am 45 years old and truly had never had a pet of my own like Kitty.  Sure there were boyfriends with dogs, and family pets that we all shared together but Kitty was truly mine.  She was the first thing on my agenda in the morning and bit my toes every night before we went to sleep.  She greeted me at the door in the evening as if to ask what was for dinner and what kind of fun we could expect to have.  She sat in my white couch and dug at my new rug as if it were a personal toy.  She sat at the top of the couch and did Hinka Pinks and then jumped down and sat next to me while I watched TV - in the morning and at night.  She nudged me with her wet nose until I woke up to feed her and drank water from my water glass on the nightstand as if she owned it (both the nightstand and the water).  She lay with us in bed and looked so relaxed and happy to be there (as much as a cat can do that).  I would cut the succulent white meat from the middle of grilled chicken (not fond of any marinade or spices) and give her a bit, in the last 6 months or so she would actually eat from my hands.  Mr. Mermaid and his ex girlfriend adopted Kitty from a dumpster on Hollywood beach about 9 or 10 years ago but ever since I arrived on the scene (5 years ago) she was more mine than anybody's perhaps sensing my need to be devoted and allowing her tolerance of that devotion.  When she was naughty I would call her Cat9 instead of Cat10 (Kitten).  I sang jingles to her my favorite of which was "Extra value is what you get when you love a kittenette" (from the old Coronet Paper Towel Commercials).  Mr. Mermaid and I would ask one another in the evening around bedtime "Where is Mama's/Papa's Kitten thus signaling an evening ended and that all would be well when she was comfortably in bed with us.  She received Christmas gifts and Catnip on Saturday Nights.  She got brushed and even bathed.  Revolution was dispensed the first day of every month and even an occasional "boat ride" on a raft in the pool which she hated immensely but tolerated on behalf of her adoring Father.  She was aloof and brave and a great hunter.  She left lizards on my pillow and barfed a lot (until I changed all of her foods).  She adored Whiskas kitty milk and to smell my shoes.  I feel as if I have lost a friend or family member and will never forget her as long as I shall live.  Kitty you will live in Mommy’s heart forever!  Bless you my sweet little fluffy thing - I will miss you more than you could ever know!

To all of you Speed Demons out there - slow down - somebody's kitten may be in the road or driveway!  

A Police Car actually hit Kitty!

Thanks for caring and thanks for reading my story of a truly wonderful Cat/Friend/Spirit!

FM...my dear friend.....I am so sorry.....as I read this I sit and look at my 'babies' and feel your pain.....((Hugs)))

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2006, 09:57:01 AM »

Thanks MTWS!  I am pretty broken up!  She was my Sun in the Morning and My Moon at Night!  As I often sang to her!

I used to make up a new name for her everyday cause I felt so bad that Mr. Mermaid was so uncreative as to call her Kitty!

I would call her:

Hortense
Gwendolyn
Penelope
Poopy
Scoopy
Kitherine
Kitty one Kanobi
and
Fluffmeister!

She always went outside Sunny - maybe she was getting too old to cross the street we live on a quiet residential street but somebody ran over my neighbor's dog a few months ago and now this.  People need to slow down or next time it could be one of the Kids in the area!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »

Thanks Nut!

It only makes Beth's loss of Natalee even more profound for me - If I feel this way about a cat how must this wonderful woman feel!  Losing her beautiful, intelligent Daughter.

So very, very sad.

I know exactly what you mean, Mermaid...

Way back ~ when I was around 19 or 20 ~ my beloved Mullen was run over by a car and killed...  I was going out the door to work when I saw him...  I started screaming...  my landlady, Louise and her husband Charles brought me inside, gave me a drink, and called my mother...

None of my cats have been allowed to go outdoors without my being there with them ever since...  About 15 years ago two of my cats managed to get the side door to the garage open and they went out when I was sleeping...  Rocky came home, but Amber was hit by a car...  I searched for him for 3 days and prayed...

I found him alive in field about a quarter of a mile from my home...  the Angel Raphael led me to him...  The vet said he didn't know how Amber lived ~ One of the things in his blood, I forget what it is that tells doctors how injured we are ~ anyways, the level in Amber's blood was so high that the doctor honestly didn't know how he was alive.

I do ~ I told God that He is the author of life ~ that He holds Amber's little life in His Hands ~ I truly do believe in miracles...  When Amber died this past Christmas ~ I felt like I was giving him back to God ... and even though I've got all these other cats...  I still miss him...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »

After we got home from the Emergency Vet - we were just moping around crying - Mr. Mermaid's marine son called to say he is leaving today for Iraq.  He will be there for 7 months!

That was at 10:56 PM- we decide to sit and watch the clock change to midnight and say good riddance to Wednesday July12,2006!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »

After we got home from the Emergency Vet - we were just moping around crying - Mr. Mermaid's marine son called to say he is leaving today for Iraq.  He will be there for 7 months!

That was at 10:56 PM- we decide to sit and watch the clock change to midnight and say good riddance to Wednesday July12,2006!

so so sorry for your loss..now I have the blues!! But also feel as though I KNEW your kitty from your wonderful descriptions!! Saying prayers for you, Mr Mermaid, and especially his son!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:49 AM »

{{{hugs}}}  Mermaid...  a couple of very rough days for you to get through...  I will keep all of you in my prayers ~ and Mr. Mermaid's son will be home soon... {{{hugs}}}

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:46 AM »

Flying Mermaid,

I'm very sad for you and I too know that our little furry friends are here for us and give us their strength, love and affection and are the most sensitive creatures on earth. Your friend sounded brilliant and loyal. Your friend sounded loving and caring. I know that your friend isn't there to give you a headbutt but I'm and hopefully you will feel your cats spirit while your sad. Animals warms us in a way that no human can. I know your heartbroken.  Its hard to lose a loyal friend, confidente and snugglebuddy. Our animals are sometimes our biggest stability and most loyal companion. I know that I'm dorky, pets are important. And if one out of every ten humans were as smart, funny and sensitive as our pets, we would have a better world. We can learn a lot from animals. And through caring for them, we can learn, in a world made up of all sorts of species, how small we truly are.

I'm sending you all the positive beams and a headbutt from all those that know you here..  

your dorky friend,
terry
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »

I have to head back to bed for a little while, Monkeys ~ I thought I was up for the morning ~ but I'm about delirious...  I didn't sleep much last night...  I hope I get up in about an hour feeling better...

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2006, 10:44:53 AM »

Front Page post

Here's a news flash from Aruba ... “The tourism has been doing a little better in the past months.

Aruba: “The tourism has been doing a little better in the past months.Really?

http://tinyurl.com/n3mgp

Someone may need to inform Aruban officials when the numbers turn from single digit to double digit losses and stay there ... that is not a good thing.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2006, 10:46:17 AM »

Thanks MTWS!  I am pretty broken up!  She was my Sun in the Morning and My Moon at Night!  As I often sang to her!

I used to make up a new name for her everyday cause I felt so bad that Mr. Mermaid was so uncreative as to call her Kitty!

I would call her:

Hortense
Gwendolyn
Penelope
Poopy
Scoopy
Kitherine
Kitty one Kanobi
and
Fluffmeister!

She always went outside Sunny - maybe she was getting too old to cross the street we live on a quiet residential street but somebody ran over my neighbor's dog a few months ago and now this.  People need to slow down or next time it could be one of the Kids in the area!

I love your names for her.....I know how much you are hurting....remember she will be at the Rainbow Bridge waiting to welcome you....(((hugs and more hugs))) Crying or Very sad

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »

For FM....

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Rest in Peace Caylee

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2006, 10:55:49 AM »

Gee, Sunny, I am sitting here crying now.  The other girl in my office just asked if everything is ok.  I told her a friend just sent a note that touched my heart.  Oh well, there goes the mascara!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Starr
Scared Monkey

« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2006, 10:55:51 AM »

Flyingmermaid

I wish that i could find the right words to express my sympathy but they just won't come.

I feel your pain and I am so very sorry.

Be Kinder Than Necessary Because Everyone You Meet is Fighting Some Kind Of Battle
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »

Quote from: "Starr"
Flyingmermaid

I wish that i could find the right words to express my sympathy but they just won't come.

I feel your pain and I am so very sorry.

I know that you have been there too Starr - Dog, Cat, Iguana all hurts just the same!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »

FM-

This helped me when we had to put Gretchen, our 7 year old beautiful German Shepherd down due to tumors in her lungs.

I spent the whole day gathering pictures of her and making a collage just of her.

Although I was sad to look at my baby girl, I felt in some way I was paying tribute to her at the same time.

Maybe not now, but in a few days or weeks, you may want to do the same.

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2006, 11:09:41 AM »

FM-

This helped me when we had to put Gretchen, our 7 year old beautiful German Shepherd down due to tumors in her lungs.

I spent the whole day gathering pictures of her and making a collage just of her.

Although I was sad to look at my baby girl, I felt in some way I was paying tribute to her at the same time.

We have more pics of the Cat than the Kids!

Embarassed

I look like $hit - baggage/luggage eyes!

Everybody saying - What's up - you're not smiling!

Last night in the vets was the worst all those pics of cute kitties everywhere!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »

FM-

We have more pics of the Cat than the Kids!

Embarassed

I look like $hit - baggage/luggage eyes!

Everybody saying - What's up - you're not smiling!

Last night in the vets was the worst all those pics of cute kitties everywhere!

It's so heartbreaking.

I feel bad for you, kid.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.