April 27, 2024, 11:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #493 7/13 - 7/14/2006  (Read 133288 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:07 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Wanted to say "Hi" to Ang...Scarlett...everyone else I may have missed...Wink

hey third... I am still catching up...

Anna your post to Whyte was awesome... it's so true!

and then I read what they did to you whyte... that is just wrong... but Anna is right you got the kitty that picked you!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi All-

FM, I left you a message in the lounge, HUGS!

I also left a long post to the monkeys on the prayer thread. I see Katz and Whytegirl are here now, thank you for your messages to me lately on the lively. I have missed all of you also. Heading now for our weekly oncologist visit but will try to check in later, particularly if we have any update.

Mrs Red-

I think this information does all fit within the scenario of that blood evidence in Deepak's car now being so significant, with the backseatbanger relationship Hammer detailed and Klaas has tried to hard to get our attention with.

Hugs to my rock Klaas .........I hope everyone has a great Friday and that we can be kind to one another, life is simply too short not to be.

Bye for now, take care everyone.

Yes, I am glad that Hammer picked up on the site from Red's post... it completely makes sense that these two pieces fit together.  I also find it interesting that the site really was back seat... not bus... speaks volumes, IMO

Hi Mrs. Red!  Drive-by {{{hugs}}} and I'm gone...  Later, Monkeys!

What'd I tell you about those "Drive-byes"?  Got me duckin' under my desk again...Wink

See ya Katz!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »

BTGirl - It's a jungle out there!  Very Happy

Found this:
Wasps are generally beneficial and a nest in an out of the way location where it is not likely to be disturbed should be left alone. If, however, a nest is located where problems could arise, such as under a deck or near an often used door, removal is justified. Ground nests of cicada killers and other digger wasps can be destroyed by placing an insecticide dust (e.g., Sevin garden dust) in and around the nest entrance during the night. The dust particles will adhere to the wasps as they come and go from the nest. Cover the nest opening with a shovelful of soil after all activity has stopped.

More at:

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/1996/7-26-1996/digwasps.html

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: July 14, 2006, 12:33:33 PM »

Wanted to say "Hi" to Ang...Scarlett...everyone else I may have missed...Wink

hey third... I am still catching up...

Good to see you Scarlett!  It's "Friday"...and next week, it'll be "Next Friday"...and, the week after that, it'll be "Friday After Next"...

Hope those discs get to you soon...Wink

They will but keep in mind it's a trek across country.... LOL... can't wait!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
whytegirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #904 on: July 14, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Cute Kitty WHYTE.. have a great time at Cedar Point~!!!  Smile
Id LOVE to go back there someday!!

Thanks!!  Still sleeping on the fax...likes the warmth I guess!  Follows me around meowing if I am out of the picture.  A sweet girl indeed.

I feel soooo glad that I did what I did.  I know some of you respectfully disagree but it will all be better in the end.

Hope to meet ya sometime Ang, I know there is a trip to Pittsburgh in the works.

"Never give up. Who knows where I would be today if my family had given up on me and all the other people?"--Elizabeth Smart
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: July 14, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
BTGirl - It's a jungle out there!  Very Happy

Found this:
Wasps are generally beneficial and a nest in an out of the way location where it is not likely to be disturbed should be left alone. If, however, a nest is located where problems could arise, such as under a deck or near an often used door, removal is justified. Ground nests of cicada killers and other digger wasps can be destroyed by placing an insecticide dust (e.g., Sevin garden dust) in and around the nest entrance during the night. The dust particles will adhere to the wasps as they come and go from the nest. Cover the nest opening with a shovelful of soil after all activity has stopped.

More at:

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/1996/7-26-1996/digwasps.html

Thanks, Ms.Marple! That sounds very helpful. I don't want my little old folks to be stung by those things. They're huge! Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #906 on: July 14, 2006, 12:39:49 PM »

Got a kick out of FOB this am as I read along.....seems even friends are arguing among friends over the competence of the ALE, lol.... I can't post a link because for some reason I can't log on to FOB regular.....I have to go through a secure channel link.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #907 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:26 PM »

Quote from: "whytegirl"
Cute Kitty WHYTE.. have a great time at Cedar Point~!!!  Smile
Id LOVE to go back there someday!!

Thanks!!  Still sleeping on the fax...likes the warmth I guess!  Follows me around meowing if I am out of the picture.  A sweet girl indeed.

I feel soooo glad that I did what I did.  I know some of you respectfully disagree but it will all be better in the end.

Hope to meet ya sometime Ang, I know there is a trip to Pittsburgh in the works.

That be cool Whyte!!  Gotta get up to the outlets sometime! Hopefully after my daughters wedding is all done.. I can relax a bit on a day off..lol
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »

BT.
About every three years I spread Sevin dust very lightly over most of my yard.  Have had no fleas in years, knock on wood.  It is relatively low on the toxicity list as far as insecticides can be.  They are all toxis but some more than others like that fire ant bait that makes me barf every time I smell it.

Whytegirl,
The trick is not to get that upset in the first place as there are more than one place to get a good cat.  I just hate to see you, or anybody, get that worked up about it cause we all have to deal with a$$bites from time to time.  I thought you got the previous cat at the shelter is why they were giving you a hard time but for whatever reason it was to keep you from getting the wrong kitty.  

So now you have the right one.  I guess if it really makes you feel better whatever but I don't let things bother me as much as they used to.  I save my anger for the big stuff and don't waste the energy on people who are not going to budge in the first place.  And I run into some real doozies dealing with these dogs.  Who knows why people do what they do but I just can't react to all of it, too frustrating and annoying.

I hate to see any animal shelter get bad PR cause its the animals who ultimately suffer from it not the ones who might should.  Looks like you got a fine one and I believe its the right one this time.  It's going to be good in the long run.  {{Hugs}}

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #909 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:39 PM »

I would just like to take this moment to express my thoughts toward the family....Beth/Jug, Dave/Robin and other family members. I do joke a bit here at times and that does not mean that I don't take what happened to Natalee seriously. We all here.......still to this day a year and a month and 1/2 later.....we still remember why we are here. Let's bring Nat home. I sure do hope that is possible in one form or another. My thoughts are always with the family. This case needs closure, and soon.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #910 on: July 14, 2006, 12:51:48 PM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"
I would just like to take this moment to express my thoughts toward the family....Beth/Jug, Dave/Robin and other family members. I do joke a bit here at times and that does not mean that I don't take what happened to Natalee seriously. We all here.......still to this day a year and a month and 1/2 later.....we still remember why we are here. Let's bring Nat home. I sure do hope that is possible in one form or another. My thoughts are always with the family. This case needs closure, and soon.

AMEN Nut..  great post!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
BT.
About every three years I spread Sevin dust very lightly over most of my yard.  Have had no fleas in years, knock on wood.  It is relatively low on the toxicity list as far as insecticides can be.  They are all toxis but some more than others like that fire ant bait that makes me barf every time I smell it.

Anna

Thanks for the information Anna. I'm thinking the Sevin dust sounds like a good bet for those wasps.

I Stand With The Girl
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #912 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Peaches"
She is either in denial or dumb.  She did apologize.  I stayed pretty cool, no potty mouth or anything.  I just told her like it is.  I also advised her that if anything happened to me, my house, my daughter, my cars, my yard or my pets, I would call the Sheriff and her boy's name would be the TOP of the list of suspects.  DH said I probably shouldn't have done that but I'm too old to take crap from a kid who's not even in the 8th grade.  I'm over it.

At my middle school, the retaliation issue is ALWAYS addressed now ~ not even necessarily the kids, but the parents!  I know you did the right thing, AND had the forethought to think about retaliation.  It's a different world now, with the students AND the parents (not all, just more than ever before).  Sad  Confused

Thank you.  DH's concern is the retaliation issue.  Plus daughter has to ride the school bus with this smartass.  I advised Grandma that if that kid gives her any crap on the bus or at school, I will call the school.  And I will.  Nobody messes with my girl over being mad at me.  Schools here have a zero tolerance policy for bullies and this twerp qualifies.  They will boot his butt right out.  The busdriver is a friend's mother too so I think that boy better be very careful on the bus.  And at the bus stop.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #913 on: July 14, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »

Quote from: Anna
BT.

Does this SEVIN dust work on those little pissy ants? I get them every so often.. annoying as all heck too.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #914 on: July 14, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »

Quote from: Angiex911dsptchr
BT.

Does this SEVIN dust work on those little pissy ants? I get them every so often.. annoying as all heck too.

i think so.. .at least it's what I use...

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: July 14, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »

Anna

I just saw the cupcakes and candles in your sig line.

Is it your birthday?

If so, Happy Birthday!! Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »

Quote from: mrs. red
BT.

i think so.. .at least it's what I use...

I have heard of it before.. and I bought some other kind of spray for outside.. you got to spray the foundation. It works for a bit . I cant take pissy ants.. I have to keep all sweet things in containers. Sugar etc.. and god forbit if there is ONE crumb on the kitchen counter.. the little pesks are al over it. My house is clean..LOL  but its gross to see those ants!
 I will have to get hubby to get some of that stuff.. I have been lucky so far this summer.. only seen a few so far. Sad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: July 14, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Anna

I just saw the cupcakes and candles in your sig line.

Is it your birthday?

If so, Happy Birthday!! Very Happy

Thank you, it was July 7 so seventh day of the seventh month means I am psychotic.  I mean psychic!!, LOL!!  Cupcakes and puppies, can't beat that with a stick!   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #918 on: July 14, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »

Happy Belated Birthday Anna!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: July 14, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »

As far as I know any insect is going to avoid Sevin dust.  I can't use things like strong poison because of the dogs and chemicals like Roundup have been linked to bladder cancer in dogs so I am always after the thing with the least side effects and it claims you can use on puppies and kittens so must be fairly safe and it has been around at least fifty years probably closer to seventy=five so side effects would have shown up long ago.

I have to use diesel fuel for weeds as Roundup is out of the question.  Now fire ants are something else and also a big problem in this area.  Have to put a pen around the ant hill so just be glad you don't have those, Angie.  They sting!  Leaves a whelp that then gets bigger and usually infected or at least makes a boil.  And they are working their way north every year!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.