April 24, 2024, 12:08:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Product Review... Skin, Hair, You name it....  (Read 26132 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »

Humm, I use Gold Bond Medicated foot powder, does that count for anything?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Just wondering, does the Rice Krispies Treat bar have any socially redeeming qualities or is it just a different kind of candy bar?

Carnut you are too funny.

Actually I am a member of the RKTA (Rice Krispy Treat Assoc).  We meet monthly, our members range from Judges to refuse collectors, we have a newsletter, blog..... Laughing

Socially redeeming!  Not for me! I just chow down on them in private,  wishing I could have an entire cookie sheet to myself.

Last night, at the grocery store, I stood mezmorized about 5 minutes holding a beautifully, X-large RKT debating, more like fighting myself to not eat it on the spot.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 05:11:18 PM »

RKT withdrawal is ever present at my house. I can't make them or buy them fast enough!
Socially redeeming.....it's cereal isn't it?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
RKT withdrawal is ever present at my house. I can't make them or buy them fast enough!
Socially redeeming.....it's cereal isn't it?

Welllll...., that's the exuse I use when I buy'em.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »

Carnut....that works for me!
Plus, I need the carbs for energy!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »

Okay.... Here are a couple of products that I absolutely love.....

I love my swiffer dusters.....my son has allergies and asthma and the dusting sprays and such irritate him, I have found that the little swiffer duster cleans his room very nicely and no irritating chemicals...

And the second one is one that I never would have dreamed I would own , let alone fall in love with..... It is my swiffer wet jet..... it works great and is really good for little spills and such as well as for bigger jobs, my neice convinced me to try it and I absolutely love,love,love it!!!!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 09:28:47 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Okay.... Here are a couple of products that I absolutely love.....

I love my swiffer dusters.....my son has allergies and asthma and the dusting sprays and such irritate him, I have found that the little swiffer duster cleans his room very nicely and no irritating chemicals...

And the second one is one that I never would have dreamed I would own , let alone fall in love with..... It is my swiffer wet jet..... it works great and is really good for little spills and such as well as for bigger jobs, my neice convinced me to try it and I absolutely love,love,love it!!!!!!!

If I did not have a pet, I would use the wet jet!

I have used Bioelements Quick Refiner with Alphablend. It exfoliates.  First time I used it, I thought I had made a HUGE mistake! It burned and stung like the dickens! A friend had recommended it. I sometimes have seborrhic dermatitis (dandruff, essentially) on my face. That is the only product that immediately irradicates all the flaking and does so without inflaming my skin. It is around $40 for 3 ozs., but it lasts forever.

While looking for it online, I saw that they also have a lip refiner to use 3 times a week. With the oldies waging war on my lips, think I'll try it.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »

I'm starting to have dark circles under my eyes even when I get enough sleep. Isn't there some really expensive product that is supposed to help?
If anyone has tried it, I'd like to know if it works.

Beauti-Control also has a lip product that is pretty good for those fine lines around the mouth.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »

I'm starting to have dark circles under my eyes even when I get enough sleep. Isn't there some really expensive product that is supposed to help?

Beauti-Control also has a lip product that is pretty good for those fine lines around the mouth.

PDH3. there was something from AVON I used before for dark circles.. and I cant think of the name off hand at the moment. It worked~!!
I dont know if you have access to an AVON rep..?? I feel awful I cant recall wth the name is.  Sad  I used one tube, and been fine since..!
Also you can get a concealer to hide those dark areas under the eyes!
 Works like a charm!! I dont wear make up unless I am working.. or have to go somewhere special. I am pretty skeeery looking at home without it...lol
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 12:34:46 AM »

Bioelements has a product for lids to reduce puffiness, exfoliate and lighten the lids.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »

If there's one product that is the value of the century and that I would recommend for anybody over 20 it's AQUAFOR original ointment. You can buy it at Walmart, and it looks and feels just like Vaseline, but it's not. Your skin can breath through it. It's too heavy for daytime, but if you use it to remove make-up, even eye make-up, go ahead and THINLY rub some in on and around lips, under eyes, and any facial or neck area that shows any sign of aging. Then, take a dampend washcloth ( hot water ), and hold it to the applied areas and let it steam in. That's the most rewarding skin regime there is, bar none!

If your hands or feet get dry during winter, rub AQUAFOR into those areas and slip on cotten gloves ( also available at Walmart ) and socks and sleep in them. You will not believe the difference!

I first heard about Aquafore from a plastic surgeon that my ex was affiliated with. He had samples and I tried it. I've never been without it since. This one, I unabashedly, without reservation, highly recommend! It lasts forever, and is much cheaper than department store, cosmetic counter moisturizers.  Wink
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 12:51:31 AM »

cbb~ Is it greasy like Vaseline?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 12:54:45 AM »

http://www.alphabeauty.com/shopping/pricelist.asp?prid=14546&Bioelements-Multi-Task-Eye-Creme

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 01:28:18 AM »

Thanks for the info everyone. I can call Avon to get a rep I'm sure. I do use concealer, but my eyes are really kinda tired looking. I wonder if stress is a culprit as well as getting older?
I'm up for trying all of these products. I hope one of them works for me.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »

I have used that Avon stuff too .... cannot remember the name of it, but it does work....

I have alot of trouble wearing make-up of any kind, I finally broke down and tried the Bare Escentuals line and it is wonderful... it looks very natural and does not break my face out at all. I have also found another line called Everyday Minerals and it is very similar to the Bare Escentuals , it is a little cheaper, but I am not so crazy about the  containers it comes in..... You can go to the Everyday Minerals website and order samples for only the shipping cost.... I think I paid under $4 for the shipping and was very surprised how much product I received.....
here is the link for anyone who is interested....I have had more compliments on my skin since I started wearing these products...

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=viewDocument&incParam=100__Guarantee

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 02:37:42 PM »

My favorite product is cheap and can be purchased anywhere - Chapstick.
I keep it in my car and use it several times a day in cold, dry weather.  I also keep one in my makeup drawer and use it before lipstick.  The wax fills in all the cracks that lipstick just emphasizes.

Also good for taming wild eyebrows.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

Bobo - my son keeps Burt's Bees chapstick in his pocket all winter long. He swears by it. Wink

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

The lady at the herb shop I use told me to take vitamin B2 for the dark circles under my eyes. I was taking a B complex at the time & she stated I needed extra B2. I looked like I had black eyes. It worked!!!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
If there's one product that is the value of the century and that I would recommend for anybody over 20 it's AQUAFOR original ointment. You can buy it at Walmart, and it looks and feels just like Vaseline, but it's not. Your skin can breath through it. It's too heavy for daytime, but if you use it to remove make-up, even eye make-up, go ahead and THINLY rub some in on and around lips, under eyes, and any facial or neck area that shows any sign of aging. Then, take a dampend washcloth ( hot water ), and hold it to the applied areas and let it steam in. That's the most rewarding skin regime there is, bar none!

If your hands or feet get dry during winter, rub AQUAFOR into those areas and slip on cotten gloves ( also available at Walmart ) and socks and sleep in them. You will not believe the difference!

I first heard about Aquafore from a plastic surgeon that my ex was affiliated with. He had samples and I tried it. I've never been without it since. This one, I unabashedly, without reservation, highly recommend! It lasts forever, and is much cheaper than department store, cosmetic counter moisturizers.  Wink

CBB.... where is it in Walmart... been looking! I can't find it... but I do have can't find stuff syndrome...  Rolling Eyes   is it by the regular moisturizers??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

CBB.... where is it in Walmart... been looking! I can't find it... but I do have can't find stuff syndrome...  Rolling Eyes   is it by the regular moisturizers??

Mrs. Red,
I am in the cosmetic department in WalMarts on a daily basis since I am a representative for another manufacturer.  I believe Aquaphor is on the back wall of the cosmetic department toward the right side of the display - to the right of Dove.   I will check it out specifically tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.