March 29, 2024, 08:14:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Product Review... Skin, Hair, You name it....  (Read 25063 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
The lady at the herb shop I use told me to take vitamin B2 for the dark circles under my eyes. I was taking a B complex at the time & she stated I needed extra B2. I looked like I had black eyes. It worked!!!!

yapperz....What dose? That sounds like a good way to deal with the problem. I also look like I have black eyes. And How long did it take?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »

mrs red.....i a have been sold on the arbonne products for over the past year! not sold in dept stores, but should find a local rep in your area???
 i use the nutrimin C RE9.....for aging skin Rolling Eyes  but i do love it!
Arbonne International...www.arbonne.com or 1-800arbonne
revolutionary, US and Swiss patents-pending skin care system
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 10:06:05 PM »

pdh3 don't remember the exact dosage but look up the recommended daily amount... 1.6mg. I only took one pill a day & after about 2 weeks could really see a difference in the dark circles. I can't find it at WalMart or any drug store here so have to get it from the herb shop. If I get down that way I will double check the amount & post back to you.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »

pdh3 looked up B1 on Puritan's Pride it comes in 100mg tablets. That sounds about right but like I said it has been a couple of years.

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 11:17:55 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
Quote from: "mrs. red"

CBB.... where is it in Walmart... been looking! I can't find it... but I do have can't find stuff syndrome...  Rolling Eyes   is it by the regular moisturizers??

Mrs. Red,
I am in the cosmetic department in WalMarts on a daily basis since I am a representative for another manufacturer.  I believe Aquaphor is on the back wall of the cosmetic department toward the right side of the display - to the right of Dove.   I will check it out specifically tomorrow.

thanks Bobo... i have trouble in walmart... I go in for one thing and leave with basket fulls!!!  I would very much appreciate it..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
pdh3 don't remember the exact dosage but look up the recommended daily amount... 1.6mg. I only took one pill a day & after about 2 weeks could really see a difference in the dark circles. I can't find it at WalMart or any drug store here so have to get it from the herb shop. If I get down that way I will double check the amount & post back to you.

Thanks, yapperz. I know some vitamins can be harmful in the wrong dosage, so I don't want to get into trouble by taking too much. 2 weeks is such a short time....I can do that!
I may check with a local herb shop here to see if they've heard about it, and see what they reccommend as the daily amount.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 05:28:08 PM »

Mrs Red,
Aquaphor is located in the cosmetic department in WalMart.  It is on the wall with skin care lotions.  Generally the cosmetic-y lotions (Juergens, Vaseline Intensive Care, Suave) are on the left side and therapeutic-y lotions are on the right.  Aquaphor is located near Curel, Aveeno and Keri Lotion. In one store I found it on the top shelf, in another the 3rd from the bottom, but always on the far right side of the lotion display.

Good luck finding it.  I plan to try it too.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »

Mrs Red, they gave my FIL Aquaphor to use when he had radiation.
I have also found it is great for chapped lips.

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »

I bought some Aquaphor yesterday. I was picking up prescriptions at my local drugstore and VOILA! I saw it on the same shelf as vaseline, eucerin, etc...

I put a bit on my hands last night and it made them softer already! Since my surgery, my skin has been so dry so hopefully this will help.

Now, if I can find a diet that works on one who is pretty much sedentary, I'll be all set. If I don't get excercise soon I am going to be so fat they'll need a crane to haul me off the couch!  Shocked
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
If there's one product that is the value of the century and that I would recommend for anybody over 20 it's AQUAFOR original ointment. You can buy it at Walmart, and it looks and feels just like Vaseline, but it's not. Your skin can breath through it. It's too heavy for daytime, but if you use it to remove make-up, even eye make-up, go ahead and THINLY rub some in on and around lips, under eyes, and any facial or neck area that shows any sign of aging. Then, take a dampend washcloth ( hot water ), and hold it to the applied areas and let it steam in. That's the most rewarding skin regime there is, bar none!

If your hands or feet get dry during winter, rub AQUAFOR into those areas and slip on cotten gloves ( also available at Walmart ) and socks and sleep in them. You will not believe the difference!

I first heard about Aquafore from a plastic surgeon that my ex was affiliated with. He had samples and I tried it. I've never been without it since. This one, I unabashedly, without reservation, highly recommend! It lasts forever, and is much cheaper than department store, cosmetic counter moisturizers.  Wink

Wow, One of my cancer center Doctors gave me samples of Aquafor for my groin radiation burns . I had to make sure to get it completley washed off before the next days treatment. I still have some of those samples. Never entered my mind it could be used for other things. Thanks for the tip CBB.

Also I keep hearing of the chapstick references. My chemo DR. reccomended a product called Carmex. It comes in a small jar or you can get it in chapstick type tube. Very cheap. I think cheaper than chapstick. Says it is for cold sores. I think a small jar cost like $1.50 I have it everywhere. Bathroom, here at my puter, Car and purse.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 01:15:44 PM »

Just an add on. Both Aquafor and Carmex should be available at any drug store. Not just Wal mart.

Just a swinging with the tribe
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
I bought some Aquaphor yesterday. I was picking up prescriptions at my local drugstore and VOILA! I saw it on the same shelf as vaseline, eucerin, etc...

I put a bit on my hands last night and it made them softer already! Since my surgery, my skin has been so dry so hopefully this will help.

Now, if I can find a diet that works on one who is pretty much sedentary, I'll be all set. If I don't get excercise soon I am going to be so fat they'll need a crane to haul me off the couch!  Shocked

SOUTH BEACH>>.. works and is healthy!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »

Mrs Red,
Aquaphor is located in the cosmetic department in WalMart.  It is on the wall with skin care lotions.  Generally the cosmetic-y lotions (Juergens, Vaseline Intensive Care, Suave) are on the left side and therapeutic-y lotions are on the right.  Aquaphor is located near Curel, Aveeno and Keri Lotion. In one store I found it on the top shelf, in another the 3rd from the bottom, but always on the far right side of the lotion display.

Good luck finding it.  I plan to try it too.

I found it... I will let yall know what happens!!

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 06:50:39 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"

Thanks, Mrs. REd!  I'll have to try that. I've never had to diet previously, but I sure have put the pounds on. ITs going on three months and NO activity..and won't have any for a few months to come. SO..I need something to keep this weight under control until I can exercise again. I mean, I AM GETTING FAT!!!!!!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 12:56:12 AM »

What a nice thread.

When I had my hyperthyroidism, it was 1966, way before they had the radioactive iodine therapy. They surgically removed my thyroid and my entire health has been f--ked up since then in many areas. First of all, I don't have any metabolism without thyroid pills. I retain water like crazy. I take diuretics.

The mystery I am going through is why is my face swollen in the morning when I get up? I used to sleep on my back and on my sides, but recently I feel more comfortable sleeping on my sides and almost on my face. I wake up with huge bags under my eyes and my nose and bridge are swollen and my eyes look like two little things in the middle of a marshmallow.

Mrs. Red, I am a curly head too. Your curls may be pretty but my hair (without any product) dries just like cotton candy. Not pretty. Just a mass of frizz. If I wear it straight I used a product and then blow it dry straight. If I wear it curly, I have another product but I also have to use a tool for making curls.

I'm getting tired so may be logging off soon.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

I agree, I lost weight on South Beach in 2004.  Sadly, time and straying from the program, along with the aging process, has brought me to the point where I desperately need to revisit the South Beach plan.

If anyone is interested in starting South Beach maybe we could start another thread for encouragement and moral support?
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »

Bobo  Just to let you know, I'd be interested in doing this.

I can't begin it for another week or so as tomorrow is the beginning of more visits to Mass General Hosp, so I won't have time or the ability to control my diet during this period.

But, after that, I am all for it!!!! Laughing
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »

I agree, I lost weight on South Beach in 2004.  Sadly, time and straying from the program, along with the aging process, has brought me to the point where I desperately need to revisit the South Beach plan.

If anyone is interested in starting South Beach maybe we could start another thread for encouragement and moral support?

I'd be willing to go in on that. I just realized today how much weight I've gained lately. I need to get it under control.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:54 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"

I'd be willing to go in on that. I just realized today how much weight I've gained lately. I need to get it under control.

Hey! How about a weight loss support thread? Er, I doubt we'd want to post our starting weights... but maybe whether and how much we lose as we go along?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2007, 02:19:09 AM »

Haven't been here for a while, but YES I need South Beach! I bought the book a couple of years ago, and never really did it. I had been on low carb diets before, and they definately work, but this seemed more complicated and it slipped by the wayside.  Crying or Very sad

Together we could "uncomplicate it".  Laughing

Mrs. Red has done it before so I nominate her for "Instructor".......all in favor, say "AYE".
I heard 'em Mrs. Red: you're elected. When do we pick a start date?

I'm sorry I haven't been here to answer questions about Aquaphor. My Bad. They carry it at Walgreen's and CVS pharmacy too.
It is very much the consistancy of vaseline, so yes, it's greasy. That's why you take a hot washcloth after you've removed eye makeup with it, add a thin coat to any area likely to show aging signs and steam it into your skin( hold it to your face, neck, etc., don't wipe). Actually there's usually enough left from eye make up removal to suffice, but that's up to you.
If you've bought some, you just have to invest the approx $3.50 on some cotton gloves ( in the first aid section at Walgreen's, and available at Walmart somewhere ) and rub in Aquaphor on your hands, slip on the gloves and go to sleep. You can tell a difference the first night, but do that for a week and you just won't believe it! I have three pair of gloves because after 2-3 nights, they can get yukky, and the Walmart ones will feel "wet" quicker. They work just fine, but I think they're thinner. I don't do laundry often enough to get by with just one pair!  Laughing

Any socks will work the same way for your feet. Just for circulation issues, you don't want them tight at the top.

We should all write and ask them if we could do a Monkey endorsement! We could do before and after pics!  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.