April 24, 2024, 06:57:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Product Review... Skin, Hair, You name it....  (Read 26154 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2007, 01:14:29 AM »

I am posting this in all seriousness. We use this at work on our hands and it really works. We bring in big containers and scoop it out with a tongue depressor though you only need alittle. I also have it at home and  it works great. He has a high concentration on lanolin which is what really does the trick. Vasoline is actually dehydrating to skin.....lanolin works. Ready.....

http://tinyurl.com/39uecc

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »

I wil look for this one for my hoofies.
No cr%p, they sell horse mane shampoo here, very nice, I 've used it and there is some sort of hand cream that they sell at the sewing store and it is a cow udder product ! ! lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »

my mother just had surgery and I've been at the hospital several days with her, the nurse used a new product on my mother's skin which is "Glove in a Bottle" and remarkably her dry skin disappeared overnight?

I know some pharmacies carry it, I found some at the hospital pharmacy but Amazon carries it also. I used it and the dry skin on my fingertips which came with this new cookie biz for my hands are so often in water now......well it's GONE? overnight?

http://www.glovesinabottle.com/

I continue to stand with the girl.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2007, 12:27:01 PM »

Nonesuch,

thank you so much for telling us about Gloves in a bottle and giving us a link to the website. I have spent about 15 minutes there reading. I found a store nearby that carries it so will soon be trying it.

I have extremely dry skin in the winter. Everywhere. Last winter is the first winter in years that I did not constantly shed. LOL I do not know if it was the radiation or the chemo that caused my dry skin to dissapear but was so pleased and thought maybe it would be permanent but no such luck.

This winter I have tried almost everything. So now I will try Gloves in a bottle. Again thanks. I will let you know if it works.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

I had forgotten about Gloves in a Bottle, but used it years ago as a preventative treatment.  It is great to use before gardening, hand sewing,  or any task that causes wear and tear on your hands.  I believe I bought it in a sewing store.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2007, 09:58:22 PM »

Sam-

radiation did exactly the opposite with Rick, in fact with the brain radiation he did lose his hair finally and so I was giving him a daily massage with lotion for his poor head peeled so badly. I miss those massages now *sigh*

well I tried this glovesinabottle on my hips and also my feet today, I have thyroid issues so I struggle with very dry skin particularly there, and lo and behold it's working already? I used to use Barielle cream on my feet when I could afford it, it's expensive and it works very well, but this gloves cream isn't nearly as greasy so if it works I'd far prefer the price and the less greasy element.

Bobo2-

my mother is a huge gardener too so I'm glad she will have this, for pricks at her age on her hands can become infected for the skin is so thin, despite however many gardening gloves I buy her she still likes to get her hands dirty. So I'm glad you shared that it will protect her too, such a good thing!

I continue to stand with the girl.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 08:19:08 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhaoTVjke2o

checking to see if this works  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I am posting this in all seriousness. We use this at work on our hands and it really works. We bring in big containers and scoop it out with a tongue depressor though you only need alittle. I also have it at home and  it works great. He has a high concentration on lanolin which is what really does the trick. Vasoline is actually dehydrating to skin.....lanolin works. Ready.....

http://tinyurl.com/39uecc

Laughing

Thanks bleachedblack! I will need to check it out.

I'm laughing because one of my favorite 'hair products' is the shampoo and the conditioner from "Mane & Tail".

It's just great for coarse and frizzy days -- we have plenty of both here in s florida. I heard about it ages ago when I read that Julia Roberts used it.

This, too, is apparently based off of a formula used on horses.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »

The Butt stuff and Gold Bond work.They are nicer than rancid bear fat,which also works.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 05:57:44 PM »

Well Monkeys I have high hopes ,

I ordered the hoof dressing that Bleached black recommended also Mane and Tale shampoo that Sharon mentioned. Hubbies shins are really drying out so thought he could use that.

We had went out to dinner last night and stopped at the drug store that gloves in a bottle said carried their product. Had 4 people looking and no luck. So today I did the Amazon link at the bottom of the page and ordered online. By sometime next week I should see a difference.
I will let all know.
Sam

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

the horse stuff works.Nicole Kidman had red hair that ringlets,and she found something,besides Tom Cruise to fix her hair.CAT

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2007, 11:17:35 PM »

Bleached black and Sharon,

The hoof dressing and mane and Tail shampoo came yesterday. Hubby tried both last night. He really liked both products. Now if I can just keep him from whinnying. LOL

Actually his shins feels so much better. Since he liked it so well and my gloves in a bottle has not arrived yet, I tried the hoof dressing on Just about my whole body. I love it. What a difference. My skin feels soft and hydrated again, not all dry and scaly. I have spent a forune this winter trying to find something that worked and finally think I have found it with your help.

Tonight we went out to dinner with 2 other couples. After dinner we came back to our house for dessert. Hubby got out the hoof dressing for all to try on their hands. Then he had to use 3 small yogurt containers to give them some to take home. They also were impressed. Especially the guys for there hands from the winter dryness.

So thanks again.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2007, 07:19:49 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Is the moisturizer for the face and neck....I need one too.... Very Happy

If it is for the hands, arms, feet and legs....an ICU nurse told me about Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion with 7 Intensive Moisturizers....which heals extremely dry, cracked and irritated skin....
penetrates fast and is non-greasy....(this is all on the front of the tube)
...comes in a 5.5 0z tube....this nurse brings a tube to work and the nurses put in to buy it...and use it on their patients.....it is the thing that has gotten me through the cold dry winters since I moved here....I think the tube costs $7-8 each and I found it at WalMart...and have seen it in other drug stores.

I would like to find Aqua Lime Hair Spray by Gilchrist & Soames if anyone sees it....

Thanks....

I love gilchrist & soames products. I order mine from their website. This Christmas I ordered myself the big spa basket Very Happy http://gilchristsoames.com/

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »

I have to applaud CBB's recommendation of Aquaphor.

I also keep a pot on the stove with water... and when I am cooking I notice the steam putting some humidity in the room really helps too. This dry heat is awful on skin!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2007, 09:32:02 PM »

Do any of y'all know of *anything* I can put on my eyelids ~ I have super-dry and sensitive skin ~ can't use any lanolins, mineral oil or vaseline-type stuff.  

My eyelids are always peeling and itching ~ the dermatologist is NO help.  Mad

Anyway, if anything comes to mind, *please* let me know!  Confused

Thanks, and I love this thread ~  Very Happy
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2007, 10:45:01 PM »

tcumom...have you tried aloe?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2007, 11:00:08 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
tcumom...have you tried aloe?

Nope, but that sounds like an idea, especially since it's supposed to be soothing.  
Do you break a little off the plant itself, or buy lotion?  That is, if you use it yourself.  Thanks for the suggestion  Smile
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »

also, don't forget to add humidity to your house... that was a secret an older friend shared with me when I first moved up here... and it makes a HUGE difference.  Try Aveeno... they are very good too and have the extra sensitive formulas.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »

aveeno helps and for your hair,the ethnic section of your store has hair relaxers,they work.CAT

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »

I and my entire family belong to the icky picky skin itchy dry skin club.
Aveeno is a great product. It come in soap... very pricey but worth it.
There is also a lotion in a tube under the Aveeno name.
The powder is good that you add to the bath, but you can use it sparingly
on your face or the area where it is the itchiest. Just mix a bit in your hand with water. I used to go to the Dermatologist for skin issues caused by allergies, etc and he swore by Aveeno and he was a fan of Nivea.
I used this on the littlest kiddo for diaper rash. Did the job without chemicals or other wierd stuff.

AVON makes a lotion that has Natural Colloidal as a primary ingredient. It is $ 9.99 for a about a quart. No fragrance. Soaks in quick. Not greasy.
Can put you clothes on right after using it.
Men like it and will use it for those reasons. Very soothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.