March 18, 2024, 09:22:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy scout leader arrested for sexual assault of child  (Read 4941 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:37 PM »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Boy-scout-leader-arrested-for-sexual-assault-of/JSCzBoHYZUivuxlsAIMweQ.cspx
Boy scout leader arrested for sexual assault of child
February 24, 2010
(Video Avail.)
SAN ANTONIO -- A child's outcry led to the arrest of a boy scout leader.

Scott Thomas Hartman has been charged with sexual assault of a child. (Photo from Bexar County Sheriff's Office)

Scott Thomas Hartman has been charged with sexual assault of a child.

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by News 4 WOAI, Hartman is a registered boy scout leader in the Dallas area. The alleged assault, however, happened in Bexar County

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Man_suspected_of_sexually_assaulting_children.html

Man suspected of sexually assaulting children

February 23, 2010
A local Boy Scouts of America pack leader was recently arrested on allegations he sexually assaulted two children, authorities said.

Scott Thomas Hartman, 33, was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and was being held in Bexar County Jail. His bond was set at $150,000.

While the allegations are not related to his service with the Boy Scouts or Cub Scouts, Hartman has been removed from the Boy Scouts of America program, said John Coyle, a spokesman for the organization's Alamo Area Council.

Still, authorities believe that more victims — two more of Hartman's stepchildren and possible members of the Scouts or Cubs he led — could surface, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

But Coyle said there is no indication Hartman molested boys in either the 13-member Boy Scouts Troop 668 or the six-member Cub Scouts Pack 668 in South Bexar County.

“We'll rely on authorities to conduct the investigation,” Coyle said, “but if there's anything we need to be aware of, we'd like the families to come forward and help us fully understand what's going on.”

Bexar County deputies began investigating Hartman on Nov. 17, when one of the victims told a counselor at his elementary school of the assaults.

The child told Bexar County investigators his mother didn't believe him, and when questioned, the boy's mother said that his “lies were ruining her life,” the affidavit states.

Less than a month later, a nurse at the boy's school noticed red markings on the side of his neck. The child told officials his 29-year-old mother hit him “because I didn't clean up my room,” the affidavit states.

The mother, who the Express-News is not identifying because doing so could identify her children, was arrested Dec. 11 on one count of injury to a child with intent, and was released the same day after posting bail on $15,000 bond.

After their mother's arrest, the boy and his three siblings were all placed in CPS custody and were moved into a foster home. It was there, under the care of foster parents who have also been trained as counselors, that a second child alleged Hartman sexually assaulted her, too, according to authorities.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

hmmm.. I would have to read some real evidence.

This looks like CPS out of control..

Foster parents trained as counselor's ?? WTH is that ?

Zero evidence that I can see so far and the Boy Scouts of America does extensive background checks to make sure before they let anyone be a scout leader at any level..

I have see children tell tales at anyones expense.

Sorry, I do not trust this NEWS sensationalizing report.. I do not trust CPS for any common sense thinking.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.