March 28, 2024, 08:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australia by Tibrogargan January 2007 - present and 155216+ views later!  (Read 657516 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1680 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:01 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/pain-too-big-for-young-ones/story-e6frerdf-1226397120098

A pain too great for young hearts to bear

by: Madonna King
    June 16, 2012 12:00AM

THIS weekend, three little girls are bunkering down with their grandparents.

Still struggling to accept the death of their mother, they are now grappling with the awful accusation that she died at the hands of their father.

That's almost too difficult for anyone, let along a young child, to comprehend and you can understand that they might fight it, or even refuse to believe it.

Either way, the charging of their father this week will irrevocably change their lives.

Their mother's death was inconceivable. How does a young child who still dances like no one is watching process news like that?

But it is the arrest of their father, who has looked after them since their mother's death, that has now stolen the remaining pillar of the family life they knew and understood.

::snipping2::

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1681 on: June 17, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »

I am a Nascar fan and I heard Ambrose talking about and giving to some announcers some vega-mite?  or that's what it sounded like they were saying.  Is that some kind of spice?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1682 on: June 17, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/pain-too-big-for-young-ones/story-e6frerdf-1226397120098

Still struggling to accept the death of their mother, they are now grappling with the awful accusation that she died at the hands of their father.

That's almost too difficult for anyone, let along a young child, to comprehend and you can understand that they might fight it, or even refuse to believe it.

Either way, the charging of their father this week will irrevocably change their lives.

Their mother's death was inconceivable. How does a young child who still dances like no one is watching process news like that?

But it is the arrest of their father, who has looked after them since their mother's death, that has now stolen the remaining pillar of the family life they knew and understood.

This is almost too painful to read.  God bless them and the grandparents too.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: June 17, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

Sending out an APB for our Bee   

Muffy do you think it would be an idea to start a thread in the "Missing - found deceased" for Allison Baden Clay? 
I have posted some items in here and the time between her being reported missing and her body found, and then the arrest of her husband on suspicion of her murder, did go for longer than I originally expected.  My thoughts are that monkeys may be interested in our court proceedings as the husband goes through the process.  Bearing in mind that our courts are not as open as they are in USA so we do not get live coverage and have to rely on reporting in the media.

I can dig back through the media and try to recreate the events as they unfolded.

Sure, Tib.  You can start a thread, or I can start one if you need me to.  Any existing articles could be quoted and posted in the new thread if they can be found in a search, or if you're able and have access to articles we might not in U.S. would be helpful.  Let me know how and if you need my help.  I think it would be very interesting to follow the case in a thread, especially if you're privy to articles for updates. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1684 on: June 22, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »

Trib,  Ever since you posted the first article about Allison being missing I have been trying to follow the story by searching for followups myself.   It would be nice to have a place to follow and discuss it here. 
           Thanks for your efforts.   
            Chi-M
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1685 on: June 26, 2012, 05:46:28 AM »

I am a Nascar fan and I heard Ambrose talking about and giving to some announcers some vega-mite?  or that's what it sounded like they were saying.  Is that some kind of spice?

Sister, Vegemite is a savoury spread which can be used in sandwiches and on toast, etc.  It has a salty taste but most Aussies love it.

Here is an amusing (to me anyway) version of one person's idea.  I do not know of anyone that has it with peanut butter or even eggs, but it does go well with cheese or lettuce in a sandwich.

http://australianfood.about.com/od/breakfast/a/Vegemite.htm

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1686 on: June 26, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »

Tibrogargan, they are showing a repeat of the Vanished with Beth Holloway program on Natalee. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/television/vanished-with-beth-holloway/story-fncnk810-1226395140455

Vanished with Beth Holloway
June 14, 20128:59AM

Vanished with Beth Holloway, Saturday, 8pm, Ci

Thanking you again for this grace-land.  Looking forward to watching this programme tomorrow as tonight I will have talkative visitors.

grace-land just letting you know I did get to watch this programme and enjoyed it very much.  I preferred this version of Natalee's disappearance which was concise and stuck to the facts, rather than the movie, which I always felt was slanted in portraying Joran and the Kalpoes in a more favourable light.

I did not agree with the media's criticism of Beth not being an able interviewer.  She came across to me as competent and well informed and interviewed families with sympathy rather than the usual interrogation and thoughtless questioning that so many are subjected to by so called professional journalists.

The second story on the McStay family was interesting also as I had followed it here at SM.
Watched the second episode also last weekend andintend to follow the series.

Thank you again for the heads up.

::justice2NJ::

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1687 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »

This is almost too painful to read.  God bless them and the grandparents too.

I agree Sister.  This thoughtful article shows how violence and crime affects everyone including family members and also friends and neighbours even extending to the wider community.

It is good to know that these little girls are now in the care of Allison's parents and we are all praying they will cope with this upheaval in their lives and become stronger adults because of it all.

an angelic monkey 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1688 on: June 26, 2012, 06:11:17 AM »

Trib,  Ever since you posted the first article about Allison being missing I have been trying to follow the story by searching for followups myself.   It would be nice to have a place to follow and discuss it here. 
           Thanks for your efforts.   
            Chi-M

Thank you for your interest Chi-M.  I will ask Muffy to open a thread at her convenience and will slowly add links which I hope are still available to read from the beginning of this terrible tragedy.

If I miss any links to parts of the story that you would like to read please just let me know.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1689 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:33 AM »

Sending out an APB for our Bee   

Muffy do you think it would be an idea to start a thread in the "Missing - found deceased" for Allison Baden Clay? 
I have posted some items in here and the time between her being reported missing and her body found, and then the arrest of her husband on suspicion of her murder, did go for longer than I originally expected.  My thoughts are that monkeys may be interested in our court proceedings as the husband goes through the process.  Bearing in mind that our courts are not as open as they are in USA so we do not get live coverage and have to rely on reporting in the media.

I can dig back through the media and try to recreate the events as they unfolded.

Sure, Tib.  You can start a thread, or I can start one if you need me to.  Any existing articles could be quoted and posted in the new thread if they can be found in a search, or if you're able and have access to articles we might not in U.S. would be helpful.  Let me know how and if you need my help.  I think it would be very interesting to follow the case in a thread, especially if you're privy to articles for updates. 

Thanks Muffy.  Would you be kind enough to open a thread for me to post saved links.  I am sure most of them are still on line but I will check before posting.  The local media in Brisbane covered the story fully so there should be plenty of material to get the thread underway.

Sorry for the delay but real life - AGAIN  lol

The main details :

Allison Baden-Clay of Brookfield (Brisbane) Qld, Australia

Reported missing  April 20, 2012

Body found April 30, 2012

Husband arrested June 13, 2012

Would you like to choose a picture from this link Muffy ?

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=allison%20baden%20clay%20pictures&biw=1024&bih=625&sei=Co3pT_aeOcHamAWVptz6DQ

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1690 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »

Tib - I went back into your thread, using the dates you gave me in regard to Allison Baden-Clay.  The first mention of the case is here:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=722.msg1519970#msg1519970, on page 82.  
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-parents-in-tearful-plea-for-help/story-e6freoof-1226336283974
Missing mum Allison Baden-Clay's parents in tearful plea for help

Any of the articles posted in your thread and/or any discussion in regard to them can be copied and pasted or reposted over in the new thread. Sometimes articles go poof later on or are hard to find.  What ever you would like to do, please let me know.  It wouldn't take long for me to do that if that is your wish.  Not sure how you might wanting to build the new thread.  MB
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:55:44 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1691 on: June 26, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »

Tib, I've opened a thread in Missing Person's Found Deceased for Allison Baden-Clay, with a photo and a small blurb. If you want something different or changed, let me know and I'll fix it.  The thread is currently locked.  Are you ready to start posting and are you ready for monkeys to start discussion there?  We could post a couple of the articles already posted in this thread over to the new thread, unless you have some articles in mind you wish to use?  Let me know when you're ready and I'll unlock it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13271.msg1531600#msg1531600   
Allison Baden-Clay of Brookfield (Brisbane) Qld, Australia, Missing- Body Found

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1692 on: June 27, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »

Tib, I've opened a thread in Missing Person's Found Deceased for Allison Baden-Clay, with a photo and a small blurb. If you want something different or changed, let me know and I'll fix it.  The thread is currently locked.  Are you ready to start posting and are you ready for monkeys to start discussion there?  We could post a couple of the articles already posted in this thread over to the new thread, unless you have some articles in mind you wish to use?  Let me know when you're ready and I'll unlock it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13271.msg1531600#msg1531600   
Allison Baden-Clay of Brookfield (Brisbane) Qld, Australia, Missing- Body Found

Thank you for that Muffy and I do love the picture you chose.

I have saved other links early in the story some of which repeat themselves of course. I thought I would start with the very first missing notice that was posted on the Police web site and then follow with items as anything major happened. Some of the ones I already posted in this thread I will just add if that is OK. All this could take up at least one page of posts and then I will share the more recent media items.  If anyone needs anything clarified from these earlier links I can then go back and add any additional links for answers.

I am happy for monkeys to comment as we go along, and I do hope they will share their thoughts as this case progresses.

I have a busy two days ahead but have earmarked my weekend for Allison's thread work.  That would be Friday and Saturday your time and as you know I get here late in your day also, so if you would please unlock the thread late on your Friday I will get busy.

I will let you know if anything/anyone intervenes with my plans.

Again many thanks for being such a helpful Bee   

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1693 on: June 27, 2012, 05:34:45 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/zoo-animals-put-painted-paw-forward/story-e6freqwf-1226410168397

Zoo animals put painted paw forward

June 27, 2012 2:15PM

Elephant, seal and penguin dip into animal-friendly paint
    Taronga funding elephant protection project in Thailand
    Photo gallery: Cutest critters to see in 2012

ANIMALS at Sydney's Taronga Zoo have dipped their paws, flippers and hooves into paint and smudged their prints onto canvasses in a bid to promote awareness of animal conservation.

Encouraged by their keepers, animals including an elephant, a Quokka, a seal and a penguin dipped their feet into animal-friendly paint.

Keepers have been collecting the prints of some of the 4000 animals at the zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo at Dubbo in north-western NSW over the past few weeks.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1694 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:05 AM »

Sister, Vegemite is a savoury spread which can be used in sandwiches and on toast, etc.  It has a salty taste but most Aussies love it.

Here is an amusing (to me anyway) version of one person's idea.  I do not know of anyone that has it with peanut butter or even eggs, but it does go well with cheese or lettuce in a sandwich.

The next time I am in the store, I will look for this.  I have someone shop for me as I really detest shopping. but on occasion I do.  With Ambrose talking about it on national television, maybe it will become popular here as well. 
Thank you for the link.  Interesting.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: June 27, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

I've unlocked the Allison Baden-Clay thread for you Tib. 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1696 on: July 01, 2012, 04:16:23 AM »

I've unlocked the Allison Baden-Clay thread for you Tib. 

Thank you Muffy.  You will already know the thread is well under way and I think I have either duplicated most posts I have made in this thread or covered the main details with other posts.  I am happy to delve back if anyone wants clarification on anything.

I would appreciate if you would carry over the post number 1680 above and Sister's comments further down this page.

I will update with any further releases of information and also welcome interest and comments from Monkeys.

Thank you 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1697 on: July 01, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »

The next time I am in the store, I will look for this.  I have someone shop for me as I really detest shopping. but on occasion I do.  With Ambrose talking about it on national television, maybe it will become popular here as well. 
Thank you for the link.  Interesting.

I am not sure how widely available Vegemite is in your stores.  Most Aussies bring a supply with them (and risk having it confiscated) when they holiday in the USA.

I think those who develop a taste for this spread can purchase from the following site :

http://www.aussieproducts.com/vegemite.asp

The main thing if you are not raised on the taste of Vegemite is to spread it very sparingly, just a very thin scrape on toast or crackers.  Do not slather it on like you would Peanut Butter as it will be too strong and salty to taste. 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1698 on: July 02, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/parents-plead-for-daniel/story-e6freoof-1226415200174

Morcombes' plea: Please, let us bury Daniel

by: Kristin Shorten
    July 03, 2012 6:24AM

ALMOST 11 agonising months after Daniel Morcombe's remains were found, his family is still waiting to bury their boy.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe said they desperately wanted their son's remains released so they could say goodbye.

"It's nearly 11 months and let's face it, we don't think that's fair," Mr Morcombe said.

"(We're) talking 11 months with testing still ongoing defies belief. It's not right.

"We're getting anxious and a little frustrated.

"I know they're doing tests (on the remains) but how long do these bloody tests take?"

The 13-year-old vanished while waiting for a bus at Woombye in 2003.

Perth man Brett Peter Cowan, 42, was charged with Daniel's abduction and murder on August 13, 2011. Days later Queensland's biggest missing persons investigation reached a heart-breaking conclusion when the teenager's remains were unearthed on a macadamia nut farm in the Glass House Mountains.

Mrs Morcombe said they had hoped to bury Daniel late last year, on the anniversary of his disappearance.

"It's not just for his immediate family but it's for his brothers, his friends from school and my parents," Mrs Morcombe said.

"You know they're all getting old and in a couple of years time they might not be able to fly up here. They couldn't even come to the Walk for Daniel last year or the dinner dance.

"Bruce's mother passed away earlier this year and didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye."

The Courier-Mail understands Daniel's remains have been shipped to multiple laboratories for DNA testing, including Melbourne, Adelaide and Auckland.

Unbelievable

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1699 on: July 03, 2012, 02:50:57 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/parents-plead-for-daniel/story-e6freoof-1226415200174

Morcombes' plea: Please, let us bury Daniel

by: Kristin Shorten
    July 03, 2012 6:24AM

ALMOST 11 agonising months after Daniel Morcombe's remains were found, his family is still waiting to bury their boy.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe said they desperately wanted their son's remains released so they could say goodbye.

"It's nearly 11 months and let's face it, we don't think that's fair," Mr Morcombe said.

"(We're) talking 11 months with testing still ongoing defies belief. It's not right.

"We're getting anxious and a little frustrated.

"I know they're doing tests (on the remains) but how long do these bloody tests take?"

The 13-year-old vanished while waiting for a bus at Woombye in 2003.

Perth man Brett Peter Cowan, 42, was charged with Daniel's abduction and murder on August 13, 2011. Days later Queensland's biggest missing persons investigation reached a heart-breaking conclusion when the teenager's remains were unearthed on a macadamia nut farm in the Glass House Mountains.

Mrs Morcombe said they had hoped to bury Daniel late last year, on the anniversary of his disappearance.

"It's not just for his immediate family but it's for his brothers, his friends from school and my parents," Mrs Morcombe said.

"You know they're all getting old and in a couple of years time they might not be able to fly up here. They couldn't even come to the Walk for Daniel last year or the dinner dance.

"Bruce's mother passed away earlier this year and didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye."

The Courier-Mail understands Daniel's remains have been shipped to multiple laboratories for DNA testing, including Melbourne, Adelaide and Auckland.

Unbelievable
This is absolutely ridiculous.  Although there is never closure, there is certainly healing  that can begin.  The authorities need to get the lead out!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.