March 29, 2024, 01:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australia by Tibrogargan January 2007 - present and 155216+ views later!  (Read 657731 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1700 on: July 03, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »

I've unlocked the Allison Baden-Clay thread for you Tib. 

Thank you Muffy.  You will already know the thread is well under way and I think I have either duplicated most posts I have made in this thread or covered the main details with other posts.  I am happy to delve back if anyone wants clarification on anything.

I would appreciate if you would carry over the post number 1680 above and Sister's comments further down this page.

I will update with any further releases of information and also welcome interest and comments from Monkeys.

Thank you 

Tib, I couldn't move the articles from here to there because of the way our system works, without gumming up the works.   Because your post #1680 was posted on June 16th, and the Allison Baden-Clay thread was started June 30th, if I moved your article from this thread to the new, dedicated one, it would appear as the very first article and the one that's the header with her photo would move down, with the new article taking it's place.  It's a default thing, as posts go automatically in date order.  Instead, I've quoted the posts you mentioned and they appear there now, with you and Sister as the authors.  I can still remove what I've done over there, and instead just move the posts, just know they will be in date order, and you won't have the current header post and the photo would be added later.  Let me know.  Hope this isn't too confusing...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1701 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »

Thank you Muffy.  What you have done is perfect.   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1702 on: July 03, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/parents-plead-for-daniel/story-e6freoof-12264152001740

Daniel Morcombe's parents Bruce and Denise Morcombe no closer to learning when they will receive his remains

by: Kristin Shorten
    July 04, 2012 12:00AM

A DAY after making a desperate plea to have their son's remains released, the parents of Daniel Morcombe are no closer to knowing when they will bury their boy.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe said they did not even know where their son's remains were after The Courier-Mail yesterday revealed they had been shipped to multiple laboratories including Melbourne, Adelaide and Auckland for DNA testing.

"There should be a proper send-off for Daniel and here we are 11 months down the track and we don't know where he is," Mr Morcombe said. "There is no difference now to the middle of last year or five years ago. We didn't know then where Daniel was and we don't know now. That's just not fair."

Authorities went to ground yesterday, refusing to answer questions about the location of Daniel's remains or the delays in DNA testing, as the Morcombes spoke of their anguish at so far being denied the opportunity for a funeral.

::snipping2::

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1703 on: July 04, 2012, 04:04:03 AM »

Happy Independence Day to my American monkey friends.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1704 on: July 04, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/parents-plead-for-daniel/story-e6freoof-12264152001740

Daniel Morcombe's parents Bruce and Denise Morcombe no closer to learning when they will receive his remains

July 04, 2012 12:00AM

A DAY after making a desperate plea to have their son's remains released, the parents of Daniel Morcombe are no closer to knowing when they will bury their boy.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe said they did not even know where their son's remains were after The Courier-Mail yesterday revealed they had been shipped to multiple laboratories including Melbourne, Adelaide and Auckland for DNA testing.

"There should be a proper send-off for Daniel and here we are 11 months down the track and we don't know where he is," Mr Morcombe said. "There is no difference now to the middle of last year or five years ago. We didn't know then where Daniel was and we don't know now. That's just not fair."

Authorities went to ground yesterday, refusing to answer questions about the location of Daniel's remains or the delays in DNA testing, as the Morcombes spoke of their anguish at so far being denied the opportunity for a funeral.

This is utterly disgusting.  As if this family has not been though enough.  Come on folks, get with the program!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1705 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »

Happy Independence Day to my American monkey friends.

Thank you!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1706 on: July 05, 2012, 04:26:22 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/decision-on-daniels-remains-edges-closer/story-e6freoof-1226417261255 

Decision on Daniel Morcombe's remains edges closer

July 05, 2012 12:00AM

A DECISION on whether to release the remains of murdered schoolboy Daniel Morcombe is expected within weeks.

The Department of Police Prosecutions has received results of extensive forensic analysis performed on the remains of the teenager, who was last seen in December 2003.

The Government, which has authority over the testing facility, said it was now up to the alleged killer's defence team to accept or dispute the results.

If disputed, the defence would arrange its own analysis of the remains, which could take months to complete.

The lawyer representing the accused killer said he would seek test results from the DPP this week.

Defence lawyer Tim Meehan, of Bosscher Lawyers, said he would then decide "within weeks" whether to commission further testing.

"Once we've had a look at (the results) we'll be able to make a determination," he said.

A few well chosen comments in the media does still work wonders.  Praying for closure for Daniel's family.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1707 on: July 05, 2012, 04:35:22 AM »

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/07/05/429395_gold-coast-news.html

Whale caught in shark nets off Gold Coast

Jessica Huxley & AAP   |  09:25am July 5, 2012

AUTHORITIES have this morning freed a whale tangled in shark nets off the Gold Coast.

After a few setbacks, rescuers managed to free it before noon.

Crews, including the Sea World rescue team, headed out about 300m off Main Beach earlier this morning to cut the young, 8m whale free.

The whale was first spotted in distress just after 7.30am. The rescue team found it to have netting wrapped around the head and pectoral fins.

It was believed there was a second whale nearby. A pod of whales was further out to sea.

A happy ending and I love that several other whales stayed nearby watching and waiting for this youngster to be freed.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1708 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/decision-on-daniels-remains-edges-closer/story-e6freoof-1226417261255 

Decision on Daniel Morcombe's remains edges closer

July 05, 2012 12:00AM

A DECISION on whether to release the remains of murdered schoolboy Daniel Morcombe is expected within weeks.

The Department of Police Prosecutions has received results of extensive forensic analysis performed on the remains of the teenager, who was last seen in December 2003.

The Government, which has authority over the testing facility, said it was now up to the alleged killer's defence team to accept or dispute the results.

If disputed, the defence would arrange its own analysis of the remains, which could take months to complete.

The lawyer representing the accused killer said he would seek test results from the DPP this week.

Defence lawyer Tim Meehan, of Bosscher Lawyers, said he would then decide "within weeks" whether to commission further testing.

"Once we've had a look at (the results) we'll be able to make a determination," he said.

A few well chosen comments in the media does still work wonders.  Praying for closure for Daniel's family.

I know the defense has the right to use their own pathologists or whatever, but if I was the parents of Daniel I would be sick at the thought of "these" people even touching my son.  How can they even begin to heal?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1709 on: July 05, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/07/05/429395_gold-coast-news.html

Whale caught in shark nets off Gold Coast

Jessica Huxley & AAP   |  09:25am July 5, 2012

AUTHORITIES have this morning freed a whale tangled in shark nets off the Gold Coast.

After a few setbacks, rescuers managed to free it before noon.

Crews, including the Sea World rescue team, headed out about 300m off Main Beach earlier this morning to cut the young, 8m whale free.

The whale was first spotted in distress just after 7.30am. The rescue team found it to have netting wrapped around the head and pectoral fins.

It was believed there was a second whale nearby. A pod of whales was further out to sea.

A happy ending and I love that several other whales stayed nearby watching and waiting for this youngster to be freed.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1710 on: July 06, 2012, 12:32:51 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/dna-tests-finally-confirm-remains-are-daniel-morcombes/story-e6freoof-1226418371618

DNA tests finally confirm remains are Daniel Morcombe's

July 06, 2012 12:00AM

DNA tests on bones recovered on the Sunshine Coast have confirmed the remains are those of murdered schoolboy Daniel Morcombe.

The Courier-Mail can reveal low copy number nuclear DNA-testing conducted at a world-class forensic laboratory in Auckland has conclusively proved the bones belonged to Daniel.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe, who this week made a desperate plea for their son's remains to be released, said the development provided "finality".

"The confirmation that it is Daniel is certainly news to us," Mr Morcombe said. "It's very much a mixed emotion time ... ranging between shock that it definitely is Daniel to 'thank goodness that puzzle is finally over and we can take a step forward' I suppose.

"Denise was mildly concerned that she was never told 'yes it was Daniel or no it was not'. There have been a couple of times where clearly she was concerned with why they were doing more tests whereas I was always of the belief that no news meant no inconsistencies to previous tests."

Standard nuclear DNA testing was first performed on Daniel's remains at the John Tonge Centre at Coopers Plains last August before being sent interstate.

Mitochondrial DNA-testing at the Australian Centre for Ancient DNA at the University of Adelaide then proved the remains belonged to an offspring of Mrs Morcombe.

Further testing was conducted in Melbourne before the remains were shipped to Auckland's Institute of Environmental Science and Research, one of the world's best forensic laboratories.

I suppose the above does explain why the remains had to be shipped all over the place and even out of our country but why was the standard test results not enough to confirm that it was Daniel.  Sounds to me like they were using the opportunity to do all these tests as experiments.

God Bless the Morcombe family and may they finally achieve some peace.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1711 on: July 06, 2012, 12:34:27 AM »

Sister I love your new avi of Mr Jenkins.   

Continuing prayers for you and your loved ones.

an angelic monkey

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1712 on: July 06, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/compo-bid-after-luggage-hits-mum/story-e6freon6-1226418481635

Woman seeks compensation from Virgin after bag fell on her head from overhead locker

by: Leah Fineran
    July 06, 2012 6:45AM

A GOLD Coast mother hit on the head by a falling suitcase aboard a Virgin Airlines flight is suing for almost $500,000 damages, claiming her husband has since had to take over her housework.

Iranian-born Azadeh Laghai had just settled into her aisle seat on a flight from the Gold Coast to Melbourne on January 31 last year when a flight attendant opened a compartment above her causing a 7kg to 8kg bag to fall on her.

In a damages claim filed in the Southport District Court, the 46-year-old Helensvale mother-of-two said the incident had left her with ongoing neck, arm and hand pain that required medication and physiotherapy.

I would be tempted to forgo the $500k if my husband would take over the housework

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1713 on: July 06, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/compo-bid-after-luggage-hits-mum/story-e6freon6-1226418481635

Woman seeks compensation from Virgin after bag fell on her head from overhead locker

by: Leah Fineran
    July 06, 2012 6:45AM

A GOLD Coast mother hit on the head by a falling suitcase aboard a Virgin Airlines flight is suing for almost $500,000 damages, claiming her husband has since had to take over her housework.

Iranian-born Azadeh Laghai had just settled into her aisle seat on a flight from the Gold Coast to Melbourne on January 31 last year when a flight attendant opened a compartment above her causing a 7kg to 8kg bag to fall on her.

In a damages claim filed in the Southport District Court, the 46-year-old Helensvale mother-of-two said the incident had left her with ongoing neck, arm and hand pain that required medication and physiotherapy.

I would be tempted to forgo the $500k if my husband would take over the housework

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1714 on: July 08, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »

One hundred and Fifty thousand views of this thread.

Thank you to Admins and Mods for providing this forum and to all the Monkeys and Guests who read this thread.  I do appreciate you all.  I hope to continue to bring you news and snippets from Australia for a long while.

Special memories of Peaches and 2NJ    an angelic monkey

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1715 on: July 08, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/high-profile-sex-offender-dennis-ferguson-spotted-selling-rspca-biscuits-in-sydney-cbd/story-e6freuy9-1226420496019

High-profile sex offender Dennis Ferguson spotted selling RSPCA biscuits in Sydney CBD

Clementine Cuneo
    The Daily Telegraph
    July 09, 2012 12:00AM

THE gray-haired man named Ray held up a tin of kangaroo-shaped biscuits, trying to raise cash for the RSPCA.

But this was no ordinary charity seller. It was Australia's high-profile sex offender Dennis Ferguson.

The Daily Telegraph yesterday spotted the 64-year-old convicted paedophile selling merchandise to the public at Circular Quay under the name Ray Ferguson.

His stall offered various animal-shaped shortbread biscuits, pens, stickers and badges for the RSPCA.

Passers-by would not have suspected anything untoward about the older man trying to make a dollar for charity.

But when approached yesterday, he confirmed he was Dennis Ferguson, using his middle name for charity work.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1716 on: July 08, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/breaking-news/scientists-call-for-action-to-save-reefs/story-e6freuz0-1226421001625

Scientists call for action to save reefs

AAP
    July 09, 2012 10:20AM

Thousands of scientists have signed a statement calling for immediate action on climate change to save the world's remaining coral reefs.

MORE than 2500 marine researchers signed the consensus statement from the International Coral Reef Symposium in Cairns, which calls for global action to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

The statement calls for action to prevent rising sea temperatures, ocean acidification, overfishing and pollution from the land.

"The international Coral Reef Science Community calls on all governments to ensure the future of coral reefs, through global action to reduce the emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, and via improved local protection of coral reefs," the statement says.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1717 on: July 08, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/ufo-spotted-over-batemans-bay-sparks-alien-theories/story-fn5fsgyc-1226420736717

UFO spotted over Batemans Bay sparks alien theories

By Neil Keene
    The Daily Telegraph
    July 09, 2012 12:00AM

Man films bright light flashing on horizon
    UFO investigator says it's a genuine sighting
    "In world terms it has been a very busy year"

IT'S not a bird, it's not a plane, and it's certainly not one of those errant weather balloons so often blamed for UFO sightings.

According to Sydney UFO investigator Doug Moffett, a bizarre shining orb filmed hovering near Batemans Bay on the New South Wales south coast late last month is a genuine unidentified flying object.

Eurobodalla resident Ben Roberts filmed more than eight minutes of footage early on June 21 tracking the bright sphere of light flashing and moving above the horizon.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1718 on: July 08, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-racing-old/australian-driver-mark-webber-has-won-the-british-formula-1-grand-prix-at-silverstone/story-e6frfgb6-1226420632596

Australian driver Mark Webber has won the British Formula 1 Grand Prix at Silverstone

AAP
July 08, 2012 11:29PM

MARK Webber served serious notice that he is a contender to take the drivers' world title this year, and should swiftly be rewarded with a new Red Bull contract, by winning a dramatic British Grand Prix.

The 35-year-old Australian posted a near-flawless performance to triumph in an incident-filled race staged in welcome dry conditions ahead of his friend and Ferrari rival Fernando Alonso.

Webber's Red Bull teammate and defending champion Sebastian Vettel took third.

It was Webber's second Silverstone win in three years, his second victory this year and the ninth of his career, lifting him to 116 points in second place in the drivers' championship, 13 behind leader Alonso who has 129.

Vettel lies third on 100.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1719 on: July 08, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/americans-headline-grabbing-octomum-is-moving-her-brood-to-australia/story-fncaji39-1226420862692

America's headline-grabbing Octomum is moving her prodigious brood to Australia

Dad says Octomum wants to escape "toxic" US
    Nadya Suleman already has family in Australia
    Desperate mum of 14 made porn film for cash

IT'S lucky Australia's suburbs have big playgrounds.

Headline-grabbing Nadya Suleman, better known as Octomum after giving birth to eight children in one pregnancy, is reportedly readying to leave California for a new life Down Under - and she is bringing her prodigious 14-strong brood with her.

Her father, Ed Suleman, told Woman's Day his financially desperate daughter is coming to Sydney to escape "toxic" America.

She could be in for a nasty shock when applying for an entry/immigration visa.  Bankruptcy could mean she is denied entry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.