April 26, 2024, 05:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #831 3/13/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 518118 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2010, 03:03:09 AM »

This is so sad!  What a horrible, horrible thing to have happen.  Even sadder on her honeymoon!

I have asked many times before but what is it about that place that causes normal people to start behaving in a totally erratic manner?  Time and again we see that with disastrous results.

I hope her family can get her out of there for treatment before something else can happen to her.

Such a tragedy and useless injury.  Prayers for her recovery and safe return to this country.

I know, to have survived the fall from six floors and now to be treated there...makes me very scared for her!  I hope some family members get there fast.

So many things have crossed my mind about this, one of them mirrors yours Anna.  Too many disasters! 

Another similar case also crossed my mind, where the husband was suspect...the wife died...he was never charged. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2010, 03:04:18 AM »

Yes, she's alive Anna.  I could see her grimacing (from the pain I'm sure) in one picture.

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1498:turista-ta-benta-su-curpa-for-di-balcon-di-westin-despues-di-a-bebe-pilder&catid=1:policial&Itemid=2

tourist is throw his curpa for of balcon of westin, after of owing to drink pill

tuesday, 16 march 2010 00:19

oranjestad- yesterday evening algo after of 11’or, one young tourist that is hospedando in westin at palmbeach, owing to cai for of the of six floor of the hotel, y owing to abide heridanan earnest at cabez y curpa. cu urgencia past owing to being transporta for hospitaal for tratamento y his situation was extremely critico cu trauma earnest at cabez. informacionnan extra oficial acumula at the sitio of incidente, is show cu the young for one motibo or another owing to drink several pill together y after will owing to throw his curpa over of the balcon at of six floor y past owing to stay seriamente injury. cu ambulance owing to transporta the young for hospital caminda at once owing to go over for sitting-room of operacion in one attempt for scapa life of the young here.

I don`t mean to sound too insensitive, ladies...

I will try to put this as gently as I can.

...but it serves her dumb ass right.

Anybody who would still consider traveling to Aruba after what happened to Natalee...

we KNOW she was murdered... WE KNOW...

either they don`t have a soul, a brain, or BOTH.

Might as well just jump off a balcony.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2010, 03:10:18 AM »

Yes, she's alive Anna.  I could see her grimacing (from the pain I'm sure) in one picture.

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1498:turista-ta-benta-su-curpa-for-di-balcon-di-westin-despues-di-a-bebe-pilder&catid=1:policial&Itemid=2

tourist is throw his curpa for of balcon of westin, after of owing to drink pill

tuesday, 16 march 2010 00:19

oranjestad- yesterday evening algo after of 11’or, one young tourist that is hospedando in westin at palmbeach, owing to cai for of the of six floor of the hotel, y owing to abide heridanan earnest at cabez y curpa. cu urgencia past owing to being transporta for hospitaal for tratamento y his situation was extremely critico cu trauma earnest at cabez. informacionnan extra oficial acumula at the sitio of incidente, is show cu the young for one motibo or another owing to drink several pill together y after will owing to throw his curpa over of the balcon at of six floor y past owing to stay seriamente injury. cu ambulance owing to transporta the young for hospital caminda at once owing to go over for sitting-room of operacion in one attempt for scapa life of the young here.

I don`t mean to sound too insensitive, ladies...

I will try to put this as gently as I can.

...but it serves her dumb ass right.

Anybody who would still consider traveling to Aruba after what happened to Natalee...

we KNOW she was murdered... WE KNOW...

either they don`t have a soul, a brain, or BOTH.

Might as well just jump off a balcony.

I know what you mean Carpe.  They're probably New Yorkers.   Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2010, 03:16:15 AM »

Dr. Perper was on NG the other night - He said chances of death from falling from 2 Story building
are about 20%. She fell 3 times that amount. I`d be surprised if they save her. Pray for a miracle!

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »

Dr. Perper was on NG the other night - He said chances of death from falling from 2 Story building
are about 20%. She fell 3 times that amount. I`d be surprised if they save her. Pray for a miracle!

It seems like we never hear what happens after they go to the hospital anyway.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2010, 03:19:27 AM »

Are they saying she jumped?  Fell?  Was pushed?  I am pretty sure they will try to say she did it to herself one way or another.  Already see the pill angle.

I think they're saying her brand new husband threw her off the balcony!  

I'm so glad she's alive, and I'm almost positive she was conscious so hopefully she told what happened.  I think one article said she was complaining of pain all over...so I hope she was also telling exactly what happened.

Remember once before there was a woman who supposedly fell over the balcony and the husband was not even quesitoned, just left.  Her family was outraged.  He said something like she had baby oil on for sunburn and he tried to catch her but she was too slippery?

Then he waited something like ten minutes before calling anybody for help?  But Aruba just ruled it an accident.  Guess he knew how to play the game.

I wonder if Dennis Jacobs is somewhere asking this man how much money does he have.

I think that's the same one I was remembering Anna.   

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »

I guess he could say he thought she was already dead when he threw her over the balcony and not have to even do the one month for attempted murder as applies if it is your grandmother?

That poor girl--I just hope her family can get her home ASAP!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »

That's what I am doing, Carpe, praying for a miracle.  And not just for this girl but Natalee as well that she will have justice because some days it seems that's all that will bring it for her.

And I understand that this girl should have known better but so many don't who have been there for years and go back often, etc. so this may have been her first time and she truly may not have known.  Many times I have people tell me they thought Joran was long since in jail.

And if the new hubs did this, something tells me he is the one who booked the trip.  Aruba is earning the rep for being the place to go if you want to off somebody for sure.  No real investigation and no real LE or judicial system.

Niters, Carpe, TxMom and any other night owls still awake.  Sad ending for today.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2010, 03:48:21 AM »

That's what I am doing, Carpe, praying for a miracle.  And not just for this girl but Natalee as well that she will have justice because some days it seems that's all that will bring it for her.

And I understand that this girl should have known better but so many don't who have been there for years and go back often, etc. so this may have been her first time and she truly may not have known.  Many times I have people tell me they thought Joran was long since in jail.

And if the new hubs did this, something tells me he is the one who booked the trip.  Aruba is earning the rep for being the place to go if you want to off somebody for sure.  No real investigation and no real LE or judicial system.

Niters, Carpe, TxMom and any other night owls still awake.  Sad ending for today.

So true Anna, I agree. 

Yes it is a very sad ending for the day. 

Good night Anna, and Carpe!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2010, 03:49:26 AM »

Truth and Justice for Natalee!
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2010, 04:07:32 AM »

You can say that again! 

...night night Anna and texasmom.

------------------
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2010, 05:24:39 AM »

billb....great email to Jean.  Hopefully you'll get  a response.  Ya'll amaze me still with your research and such.

Carpe.... you always crack me up.

I know this isn't the place but if ya'll would keep my brother Royce in your prayers.  Last June he was diagnosed with cancer on his voice-box, and the lymph nodes in his neck.  They removed the top of his voice-box, and lymph nodes.  He was still able to speak.  He went through a horrible time of radiation and chemo.  By October he was pretty much back to normal except for the amount of weight he lost, and most everything still taste terrible.  He only weighs about 130 lbs now.  Last week after biopsy's, cat scans, pet scans they have found that the cancer has returned on each side of his neck.  He goes this week for an ultrasound and to decide what the plan is.  I don't know if he has any fight left in him.  He looks horrible.  His face is really swollen, and........well I just don't have a good feeling about this.  He's 68.  His wife Tommie died 2 years ago this coming Mother's Day.  I've lost so many people the past few years.

Your prayers would be greatly appreciated for Royce.

Thank you monkey friends

I am keeping you, your brother and those who love him in my prayers.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »

Here's a couple of Joran in Thailand photos I have:

Thanks Klaas.

I wonder if there is a Jean Akers connection.

Janet

+++++

jen3560
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #831 3/13/10
« Reply #71 on: Today at 11:18:22 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7221.60

Yes, thank you Klaas.  Wouldn't that be something?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_69980.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Tourist falls from sixth floor

March 16, 2010, 13:12 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - An American tourist (29) last night from her balcony on the sixth floor of the Westin Hotel down cases. She is listed in serious injuries to hospital. Her husband was taken by the police for questioning.

The circumstances of the incident is unclear. It is clear that both the woman and her husband found themselves under the influence of alcohol. The woman was still conscious after her fall. She had several injuries and bled profusely. An ambulance took the victim to the emergency Horacio Oduber Hospital where she allegedly was operated immediately. The drunken husband of the victim was taken to the police officers to explain the incident. Several media speculation that the woman but alcohol also would have taken drugs. Then, the woman jumped from the balcony. According to unofficial reports, the victim broke both wrists and both feet. She would have broken her hip and a severe concussion.

Earlier this month, guests of the Westin shocked by a suicide. A 38-year-old American tourist decided in his hotel room on the fifth floor of the hotel to end his life. He would have been depressed after a divorce with his partner.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_69974.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

New English-language newspaper

March 16, 2010, 13:05 (GMT -04:00)

The team of The Morning News on the picture during the opening of the newspaper.

ORANGE CITY - Aruba has a new English-language newspaper in morning. Monday morning saw the official opening of The Morning News. The Minister of Tourism, Labor & Transportation Otmar Oduber (AVP) cut the ceremonial ribbon through the new office in Caya Betico Croes.

After the demise of media company The News on October 30, 2009 decided a part of the staff, including Linda Rose Maduro, Dette Chan Richardson, and Ingrid Does Milton Jones, a newspaper to set up. Like The Daily News they want an English newspaper with issues that appeal to both tourists and residents. Under the new staff are also old friends, like Rosalie Klein, Yvonne Kromhout, Yanis Garcia, Shana Schwengle, Lydia Schwengle and Andrea Jones. Hector Marcelo Mercado Mercado of the SIS company is part of the online newspaper care.

The newspaper also reflected columnists. Thus, the American marketing guru Ken Varga regularly appear in the newspaper. Madi Kock, an Aruban resident and fifth generation, writes the weekly column Ban keiro. It goes into them at folk activities, traditions and traditional medicines.

"Aruba has a newspaper like The Morning News needed", said Oduber Minister at the opening. He thinks that there are many people who like reading about tourism and to keep abreast of the trends.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »

msmarple
Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2006, 01:08:11 AM »

Mystery in paradise
By Mitchell Zuckoff, Globe Staff, 11/19/2000

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The balconies at the Wyndham Aruba hotel are small and private. They have high steel railings that curve inward at the top, for safety.

After a day of sun and rum, Renee and Roy Tiano of Framingham went to their room on the hotel's 12th floor.

Married for four years, the parents of two small children, Renee and Roy left their bathing suits on the floor near the bathroom. It was a warm March night; a three-quarter moon rose in a clear Caribbean sky. They went naked onto the balcony.

Minutes later, without a sound, Renee went over the railing, falling 80 feet to her death on a ballroom roof.

A witness called the hotel operator. Ten minutes passed. Then Roy called the hotel operator.

Later that night, Roy told Aruban police that Renee had felt ill, so he left the balcony to get her a glass of water. He said he heard a noise, turned around, and she was gone.

Aruban police quickly ruled out suicide and declared Renee's death an accident, never revealing the basis for that finding.

Eight months later, Renee Kennedy Tiano's family remains tortured by questions, tormented by suspicion.

''I've got good reason to believe my brother-in-law's story isn't true,'' said her brother, Michael Kennedy of Hopkinton. ''It's either not true or not complete. I want the truth.''

Why, her family wonders, did Roy wait 10 minutes to seek help, and how did he spend that time? Why did police find no fingerprints on the railing? Why did Roy rush to get off the island, leaving Renee's body behind? Why did Roy refuse to allow an autopsy in Massachusetts? Why wouldn't he talk with the FBI? Were Aruban officials more concerned about tourism than justice?

In a brief telephone interview, Roy provided no answers. ''What do you mean you want to hear my side?'' he said. ''She fell off the [expletive] balcony. What more is there to it?'' Then he hung up the phone.

But there might well be more to it.

Unbeknownst to Renee's family, Aruban authorities and FBI agents who came to the island formed a disturbing theory about how she died.

It is a theory that does not answer all the questions. But it does challenge Roy's story about getting her a glass of water. Instead, it places him at the railing with Renee when she fell.

The theory is based on clues from none other than Renee herself - from her appearance in a hotel security video taken minutes before she fell and from telling marks on her body. It also fits an odd comment Roy made to one of Renee's brothers.

And yet, US and Aruban authorities have tried to bury the theory along with Renee. Despite pleas from family members for information, no official of either government has ever told them about their theory. The family first heard it from a Globe reporter.

Athlete, bodybuilder

Renee was 32, with a big smile and bright blue eyes. People who loved her say she was happy and outgoing. A family video taken two weeks before she died shows her turning cartwheels in the backyard of her parents' Dedham home.

She had asthma but was an athlete nonetheless, running track and starring on Dedham High School's field hockey team. After high school, Renee attended Mitchell Community College in New London, Conn., then Southeastern Massachusetts University.

She was working as an office manager at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge when she met Roy.

It was 1993, and she was sharing a Waltham apartment with her cousin and best friend, Donna MacInnes. Renee had become a bodybuilder, sculpting her 5-foot-8-inch form at the World Gym in Waltham.

Roy, now 40, was a World Gym regular, too. Thickly muscled, 5-feet-9, a Waltham native, he ran his own plastering business.

''When they first met he gave her a lot of attention, fed her ego, said all the right things,'' MacInnes recalled. ''He was very affectionate towards her, almost to the point where it was inappropriate. She was embarrassed by him sometimes.''

Soon after they met, Roy made plans to open a gym in Florida. They moved to Fort Lauderdale with help from the oldest of Renee's three brothers, Edward Kennedy. He found it odd that their apartment was on an upper floor of a high-rise; Renee was afraid of heights, he said, and during his visit would not go out on the balcony.

The gym plan fizzled after several months and they returned to Massachusetts, to live in the basement of Renee's parents' home before buying a ranch-style house in Framingham. In September 1995, Renee's parents threw them a lavish wedding at Lombardo's in Randolph.

In February 1998, Renee gave birth to a son, Brandon; their daughter Katrena followed 181/2 months later. ''She was so happy,'' MacInnes said. ''She had her boy and her girl.''

Friends and family say the couple had problems typical of young families: financial pressures when Renee became a full-time mother, arguments over Roy's lack of involvement in child care, and Roy's displeasure at the weight Renee gained during pregnancy.

Last winter took a toll, though, as the whole family fell ill with pneumonia. By spring, Renee and Roy needed a vacation.

`One Happy Island'

In early March, Roy made plans for a three-night trip to Aruba, where 400,000 Americans flock each year for its 80-degree days, turquoise water, and self-proclaimed reputation as ''One Happy Island.'' Renee's parents eagerly agreed to care for the children.

They arrived on Thursday, March 23, and went quickly to the business of relaxing, dining, and drinking at the hotel's bars and restaurants. That first night they ran into one of Renee's closest friends, Sandra Parent, who has a time-share apartment on the island.

''She was her usual happy self,'' Parent recalled. ''She invited me to come meet her at the pool the next day. I said, `You want to be with your honey, and I don't want to be in the middle of two people kissing.' She blushed like a new bride.''

The next day, Roy and Renee had a breakfast buffet, then hit the beach.

''After that we visited several hotels,'' Roy said in his statement to police. ''The whole day we drank rum runners,'' a sweet yet potent mix of rum, blackberry brandy, and banana liqueur. In Roy's words, ''We became drunk.''

They walked a mile on the white sand of Aruba's Palm Beach, past surf shops and hawkers selling aloe vera. Then they returned to their hotel, stopping at the poolside Tambu Bar.

They ordered two rumrunners and four Heineken beers. Roy signed the tab with an illegible scrawl. Below Roy's signature, a waiter wrote in Dutch, ''Drunken man.'' The time stamped on the bill was 7:37 p.m.

En route to their room, Renee and Roy went to the hotel's lower lobby. A security video shows them in bathing suits, drinks in hand. Looking tired and spent, Renee sat heavily on a padded bench while waiting for the elevator.

When it arrived, Renee pressed the button for the 12th floor and the door closed.  She walked to the back corner and slumped to the floor in a sitting position. Her arms rested on her knees and her head drooped, face down, the security video shows.

Roy, wearing Speedo-style swim trunks, walked over to Renee and straddled her while she sat. He shook his hips and pressed his crotch against her downturned head. She made no response.

The doors opened and Roy walked out, but Renee remained slumped in the corner. When he realized she wasn't with him, he stopped the elevator doors from closing. After 10 seconds or so, she raised her head slightly and held up her right hand. Roy pulled her up and out to the hall. It was the last image of her alive. The video time-stamp reads 7:53 p.m.

From 8:08 to 8:18

Roy described Renee's last 15 minutes this way to Aruban police: ''We went to the room. When we arrived there we both got undressed. We went and sat on the balcony. On the balcony we started to caress each other.'' He said they did not have sex. Then, Roy said, Renee felt ill and he went to get her water.

They were in Room 1219. Seven floors directly below, in Room 519, was Thomas Dowden of louisiana. He saw Renee plummet.

''I was out on the balcony smoking a cigarette,'' Dowden recalled. ''All of a sudden it sounded like a full piece of luggage landed in front of me. It was like, `whomp!' No scream, no other sound. A whoosh of air.''

He looked down to the ballroom roof below his balcony and saw a naked body, face-down and motionless in a puddle of blood. He phoned for help. The hotel's call log shows it was 8:08 p.m.

Roy's call was logged at 8:18 p.m. He never mentioned a delay to police: ''I looked over the railing and saw her lying on the roof below. I called the receptionist and informed her.''

Roy spent several more minutes in their room, then went to the elevator, security videos show. When the doors opened, he saw people inside and pulled back to wait for an empty one. After several frustrating trips to the wrong floors in search of the ballroom roof, Roy punched the control panel of floor numbers and tore a phone off the wall.

Eventually he reached the correct floor. With no doorway to the roof, he threw a cast-iron bench through a window and climbed out. Dowden, watching from above, said Roy seemed deeply upset as he crouched by Renee's body. He cried out: ''What am I going to do?''

Left a day early

Summoned by hotel security, two Aruban police detectives secured the scene and, several hours later, took a statement from Roy. At the time, police were unaware of the 10-minute gap. They had not seen the video. They did not interrogate or detain him. He was agitated, so they sent him to Aruba's only hospital for psychiatric observation.

Roy returned to the hotel the next morning and called Renee's family and made plans to leave the island. It was a day before his scheduled return, and Renee's body was in the morgue.

Through their shock and grief, her brothers begged him to stay with her. He refused, trusting Renee's body to an Aruban mortician, Eugene Maduro, until her brothers could fly down.

''While I was in the [hotel] room he was on the phone with someone,'' Maduro said. ''I heard him say, `What am I going to do now with the damn kids?' That stayed with me. And he leaves without her?''

With little investigation, police allowed Roy to change flights and leave that day for Boston, effectively closing the case. ''It looked like it was an accident, and we couldn't prove that the other person had something to do with a crime,'' said prosecutor Elivia Lugo.

The next day, Renee's brothers Michael and John flew to Aruba to retrieve their sister's body. They began asking questions of hotel officials and authorities; they began to doubt Roy's story and the competence of the Aruban police.

They won help from Barbara Stephenson, the US consul general to Aruba. Troubled by what they told her, Stephenson arranged Aruban approval for an FBI evidence team to fly to the island later that week to work with Aruban authorities.

FBI officials have refused to comment about what they found. But both US and Aruban officials involved with the case said in interviews that evidence from the joint investigation suggested Roy's story was false.

From the outset, it seemed implausible that Renee had simply fallen over a 44-inch-high safety railing whose top bar would have nestled under her rib cage. No one had ever fallen over the railings; the only known balcony death at the Wyndham was a suicide several years ago. A new theory began to form.

Protecting the children

The first clues came from the Aruban medical examiner. All of Renee's injuries were consistent with a fall, except two: On her back and behind her right knee were scrapes that contained grit from the hotel's outer wall. The investigators concluded that she fell backward over the railing, from a sitting position, scraping her back and leg on the way down.

Then there was the elevator video, which suggested that both Roy and Renee were intoxicated and that Roy was focused on having sex. Those images fit with the waiter's note on their check that Roy was drunk and with witnesses who saw them dancing sensually at the Tambu Bar.

In fact, the medical examiner concluded that Renee had had intercourse in the hours before she died, and had a blood alcohol level of .196, more than twice Massachusetts' legal driving limit.

The evidence began adding up this way: Renee and Roy were together on the balcony, naked under the moonlight. Renee was seated on the rounded top bar of the railing, facing Roy. Roy held her on the railing as they had sex.

Then something awful happened: somehow, Roy lost his grip. Renee fell backward, scraping her legs and back, falling past one balcony then another, plunging past Dowden on the fifth floor, then slamming head-first into the balcony roof.

The investigators thought the 10-minute gap could be explained as time Roy needed to react to the shock of his wife's death. The theory also might explain why he was in a hurry to leave the island, why he refused her family's requests for a second autopsy in Massachusetts, and why he refused to speak with the FBI.

It might also explain a remark Renee's brother Edward said Roy made two days after she died. After telling Edward his drink-of-water story, Roy suddenly added: ''She had baby oil on.''

''I said, `What are you talking about?''' Edward recalled. ''He didn't answer. He started telling his story again.''

An Aruban government official said authorities refused to disclose their conclusions to the family in part to protect Renee's children.

''It's bad enough the kids don't have a mother,'' said Henry Baarh, Aruba's director of foreign affairs. ''But to not have a mother because she was having sex on the balcony with your father and she fell, well, that's another thing entirely.''

Renee's family reacted angrily when a Globe reporter told them the investigators' sex-on-the-balcony theory.

''How the hell do the FBI and the Aruban authorities get into the business of making up stories for people?'' said her brother Michael. ''What they should say is, `What you told us is not true. Now we have real problems with you as a person who was there at the time of this death. You have anything else to say?'''

Was she aware?

Although the investigators' theory fits key pieces of evidence, troubling questions remain.

Aruban authorities said they closed the case in part because both were drunk and seemed amorous at the bar, leading them to conclude that both participated in dangerous balcony sex.

Authorities from both countries acknowledged, however, that they would have pursued the case if they thought Renee had been unconscious, unwilling, or unable to get onto the railing on her own.

However, Roy was never asked those questions in Aruba. And when FBI agents went to his house in Framingham a week later, armed with a list of 52 questions, Roy turned them away. Among their questions, ''What was her state of consciousness? Was she awake?''

By refusing to cooperate, Roy also spared himself from being asked about evidence relating to those questions: Renee's drowsy appearance in the video, her fear of heights, and Dowden's recollection of a silent ''piece of luggage'' falling.

Mary Ames, a Boston lawyer hired by Renee's brothers, said Aruba's failure to aggressively pursue the case, including the questions of Renee's consciousness, reflects their concern about the country's tourism industry.

''The Aruban government is digging in their heels and insisting on the correctness of their position, and the American government seems powerless on their own to go down and conduct their own investigation,'' Ames said.

''We're caught in this crazy Catch-22,'' she added, ''without answers to find out what happened to this young mother, daughter, sister who went down for this four-day vacation and never came back.''

At the request of Renee's family, Senator John F. Kerry has pressed Aruba to reopen the investigation. In a letter to Aruban diplomats, the Massachusetts Democrat cited unanswered questions that ''intenstified when Mr. Tiano refused to cooperate with any further investigation of his wife's death.

''Mrs. Tiano's family is very concerned that troubling details about the case raise serious questions about the possibility of foul play and merit further investigation,'' Kerry's letter said.

But Aruban officials remain unmoved. ''We have already closed that case,'' insisted Lugo, the Aruban prosecutor.

In response to Kerry's request, Baarh, Aruba's director of foreign affairs, drafted a letter that says a new investigation would require new evidence and a formal request from the US Justice Department. Neither seems forthcoming.

The federal prosecutor in Boston handling the case said there are no grounds for the United States to investigate Renee's death further and no way to force Aruba to act. ''I have tried to rack my brain for ways to find jurisdiction, and I can't. We're not punting this without thought,'' he said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

He acknowledged, however, that federal or state authorities could seek fraud charges on US soil if it were shown that Roy made ''material misrepresentations'' to collect life insurance. Lies by a beneficiary about the circumstances of an accidental death could meet that standard, the prosecutor said. But he declined to say whether he would pursue it.

On June 29, three months after Renee died, Roy collected $500,000 from her policy with New York Life Insurance Co. A company spokesman declined to comment about what claims Roy made about her death.

''Absent any court action or legal authority requiring our involvement, this matter is closed for us'' the insurance company spokesman said.

A headstone and a cross

In the eight months since Renee died, Roy has gone on raising their children in their Framingham home. He has traded in the family minivan for a Cadillac Seville.

He has never wavered from a line from his police statement: ''I don't know how my wife fell from the balcony.''

Renee's family, meanwhile, stews in frustration and pays regular visits to St. Joseph's Cemetery in West Roxbury.

Renee's grave has a red eternal light and a pink granite headstone surrounded by flowers. Her family asked Roy to include her maiden name on the stone, but it says only ''Tiano, Renee Charlene, 1967-2000.''

But someone has placed a small wooden cross at the base of the headstone, with a laminated photo of Renee and her name in white paint. Only her maiden name.

''We're not going to let it go,'' said Renee's brother Edward. ''If we have to go stand in front of travel agents or the Aruban embassy or whatever, we'll do it.''

This story ran on page A01 of the Boston Globe on 11/19/2000.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=188.msg58092

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »

This is the only reply I've received so far....auto reply within moments of when I sent it out....so at least her email seems current.....

Out of Office AutoReply: Aruba - Natalee Holloway
Akers, Jean E [AkersJE@state.gov]
To: xxxxxxxxx
Hello, I will be out of the office the afternoon of Friday, March 12 with the 151st A100 class.  If this is urgent, please contact Helen Kelly in HR/CDA/EL.  Otherwise I will respond when I return to the office on Monday. Best regards, Jean

Ya know this just keeps ticking me off!!  I can't get past it.  She works for us.  Our tax dollars pay her salary.  And there she is in pictures with Anita.  There she was with Joran when he was released from jail.  What about Natalee?  What about Beth.  She needs to get fired.  She's worthless.  JMHO and sumbody prove me wrong.   pppfffttt

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2010, 05:14:44 PM »

This is the only reply I've received so far....auto reply within moments of when I sent it out....so at least her email seems current.....

Out of Office AutoReply: Aruba - Natalee Holloway
Akers, Jean E [AkersJE@state.gov]
To: xxxxxxxxx
Hello, I will be out of the office the afternoon of Friday, March 12 with the 151st A100 class.  If this is urgent, please contact Helen Kelly in HR/CDA/EL.  Otherwise I will respond when I return to the office on Monday. Best regards, Jean

Ya know this just keeps ticking me off!!  I can't get past it.  She works for us.  Our tax dollars pay her salary.  And there she is in pictures with Anita.  There she was with Joran when he was released from jail.  What about Natalee?  What about Beth.  She needs to get fired.  She's worthless.  JMHO and sumbody prove me wrong.   pppfffttt

Jean Akers should be fired for stupidity.  She should have had sense enough to send a card to congratulate
Joran on his release instead of showing up at the Van der Sloot house.  With the amount of press the
Natalee case was getting, there was no excuse for her not standing with the girl instead of celebrating the
release of her accused murderer. JMO

I hate to know that people that stupid are working for our State Department.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_69974.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

New English-language newspaper

March 16, 2010, 13:05 (GMT -04:00)

The team of The Morning News on the picture during the opening of the newspaper.

ORANGE CITY - Aruba has a new English-language newspaper in morning. Monday morning saw the official opening of The Morning News. The Minister of Tourism, Labor & Transportation Otmar Oduber (AVP) cut the ceremonial ribbon through the new office in Caya Betico Croes.

After the demise of media company The News on October 30, 2009 decided a part of the staff, including Linda Rose Maduro, Dette Chan Richardson, and Ingrid Does Milton Jones, a newspaper to set up. Like The Daily News they want an English newspaper with issues that appeal to both tourists and residents. Under the new staff are also old friends, like Rosalie Klein, Yvonne Kromhout, Yanis Garcia, Shana Schwengle, Lydia Schwengle and Andrea Jones. Hector Marcelo Mercado Mercado of the SIS company is part of the online newspaper care.

The newspaper also reflected columnists. Thus, the American marketing guru Ken Varga regularly appear in the newspaper. Madi Kock, an Aruban resident and fifth generation, writes the weekly column Ban keiro. It goes into them at folk activities, traditions and traditional medicines.

"Aruba has a newspaper like The Morning News needed", said Oduber Minister at the opening. He thinks that there are many people who like reading about tourism and to keep abreast of the trends.

------------------
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/2007/01/scubajap-has-been-called-out.html

Rosalie Klein

1. Rosalie Klein moved to Aruba in 1980 to be a Scuba Instructor
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:SEG8w_pwy2kJ:solodipueblo.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_docman%26task%3Ddoc_download%26gid%3D527%26Itemid%3D2+%22rosalie+klein%22+aruba&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=19

2. Rosalie is a "she" and a mother
3. Rosalie Klein is an American
4. Rosalie Klein is Jewish
5. Rosalie Klein has two children
6. Rosalie Klein is a reporter for Aruba News and freelances
7. Rosalie Klein has traveled extensively
8. Rosalie Klein has lived in Aruba over 25 years, and has ties to the Scuba diving industry
9. Rosalie Klein was 34 when she had her daughter
10. Rosalie Klein lived in New York in the 70’s
11. Rosalie Klein has a brother who is engaged
12. Rosalie Klein has a married sister
13. Rosalie Klein paints on silk
14. Rosalie Klein attended University in Ohio

Does Rosalie Klein get paid to spread filth about Natalee and her family? Or is it "just personal"? Perhaps it is simply another Aruba lover focusing attention away from any possibility of a crime. She describes her intentions best, with the following post:

Of course, now it would appear I am in the middle of a real, life drama, with some real evil to battle. Perhaps that is why I feel compelled to take up arms in this propaganda war...

Posted by: scubajap Sun Jan 15th, 2006 01:42 pm
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=36&forum_id=39&jump_to=873#p873

TELL US, Rosalie, how you feel about Natalee's mother. Please throw in some speculation as well, to fuel the internet rumors...

Everything is he said this and he said that or “Beth said so and so said this” and though I have complete sympathy for the women, it has also been proven her statements aren’t always reliable.

Posted by: scubajap | Thursday, August 04, 2005 at 01:22 AM
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/08/warrant_issued_.html#comments

I am also American and a mother-so don't tell me I don't "feel" for Beth. I have always been sympathetic, but why does she have to lie constantly, even about little things like this? So it really makes one wonder, if she feels impelled to lie about these little things, what else is she lying about, and why?

Posted by: scubajap | Sunday, November 06, 2005 at 06:06 PM
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/11/beth_twitty_las.html

If the Twittys hadn't kept on pushing...

Posted by: scubajap | Monday, December 05, 2005 at 09:25 PM
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/12/natalee_hollowa.html

Bizarre indeed, as is just about everything about this case, including the behavior of the family. There are a number of other points that bear examination, but there have been roadblocks set up by the family constantly along the way............

Posted by: Scubajap | Monday, December 05, 2005 at 10:48 PM
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/12/natalee_hollowa.html

I am sorry, I had lots of sympathy for Beth, I am a mother, and I felt for her, but what she is doing, and the people she will hurt by it is an evil thing, I don't care how you try to justify it, it is WRONG.....REally, do you think 1000 of those children are worth on Natalee?

Posted by: scubajap | Monday, December 05, 2005 at 11:26 PM

Aside from that, I have found out all these things, the lying, the shoving, long, long ago, and then in the light of that, to see what they are doing, and the people the Twittys associate themselves with and how can I find their actions defendable?....................

Posted by: scubajap | Monday, December 05, 2005 at 11:51 PM

Do you all ever feel like we're in a huge, scripted sinister soap opera? From the time Betty & crooks moved Faux News into Aruba with hours of the disappearance to the VDS' being foolish enough to travel to NYC seems like a hell of a lot of coincidences.

Posted by scubajap: Fri Feb 17th, 2006 05:38 pm
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=248&forum_id=29&jump_to=4332#p4332

People are assuming that simply because Dave is an insurance man he had a policy on his daughter's life? sorry, I would like a bit more proof than that. Of course, who needs insurance, when you have book and movie deals? Just a thought.

Posted by: scubajap Sun Jan 15th, 2006 12:33 am
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=26&forum_id=29&jump_to=849#p849

Actually, the interesting aspect of the fact that the guard had the items is simply that they NEVER were reported stolen. There is some speculation that the kids might have traded them for, well, who knows what. If he had anything of Natalee's, as far as I know, it has not been identified as such.

Posted by: scubajap Fri Jan 20th, 2006 11:37 am
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=78&forum_id=29&jump_to=1320#p1320

I can only speculate on what I have heard, and that he is someone from the coast guard stationed out of Curacao, and was here for the night, Natalee's first or second night, and then went back to Curacao. this is from people that know him. Supposedly, he was interviewed by police, I have been told. Just a bit of seculation on my part.

Posted by: scubajap Sun Jan 22nd, 2006 11:22 am
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=78&forum_id=29&jump_to=1432#p1432

I personally did not feel it was important as to what the fluid was, as to whose DNA it belongs to, that is another matter. If not Jug's or J2K, then whose? Does this bring someone else into the room with Natalee? someone she was kissing? just kind of an interesting loose end left hanging there, and until identified, how significant is it?

Posted by: scubajap Sun Jan 22nd, 2006 06:45 pm
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=78&forum_id=29&jump_to=1446#p1446

I think a great deal will be accomplished by interviewing the people from MB....For one thing, I would like to see them question Natalee's roommates very carefully about all thier movements that night and get a time reference as to their comings and going from their room....There are a lot of other pressing questions, IMHO, which can only be answered by talking to those kids....I have a list of questions I would like to see them ask those kids, I sincerely hope they ask them.

Posted by: scubajap Mon Jan 23rd, 2006 11:14 am
http://freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=78&forum_id=29&jump_to=1527#p1527

------------------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.