April 19, 2024, 07:39:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #831 3/13/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 517547 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1420 on: April 01, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »

I am just supposing.....but I think that Tim Uelinger would have had at least a cameraman
along.  But what do I know?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1421 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »

I am just supposing.....but I think that Tim Uelinger would have had at least a cameraman

Mags - I completely agree - along with a sound guy, right?  They'd be most likely to not have a problem telling what they saw/heard.  But I haven't found anything on that yet...

Here's my update so far though:

The Field Producers listed for Dateline that also worked on this story are Falguni Lakhani and Kim Krawitz.  From here:  http://tv.yahoo.com/show/29874/castcrew 

From the original list of: 
Chris Hansen                 Correspondent
David Corvo                  Executive Producer
Tim Uehlinger             Producer
Sarah M Longden           Booking Producer
Elizabeth W Ruksznis      Producer
Robin Davis                   Associate Producer
Kim Krawitz                   Producer
Falguni Lakhani              Booking Producer
Don Wood                     Producer
Sarah Gregory               Associate Producer
From:  http://www.film.com/tv/dateline-nbc/season-17-2007/episode-6-the-search-for-natalee-holloway/21305245

I have gathered pictures of the following:

Tim Uehlinger

Don Wood (on the right)

Kim Krawitz (on the left)

Falguni Lakhani (on the left)

Of these, I only have an email address so far for Kim Krawitz, but I have found other resources I haven't gotten to yet. 

Here's the most interesting part though, I think.  I grabbed the following screenshot from the show.  These are the only two producers given credit at the beginning of the story so I think they are most likely the ones to contact, though it may also be that those further down the chain may be more willing to share what they know.  Idk.

Anyway, my feeling is that if I can find the right contact info, Elizabeth may be our best bet since she's listed first and was probably in the field, followed by Kim and then Tim.  I just have a feeling that Tim is an office guy and with his level of experience would probably know better than to give out information to a stranger over the internet for a message board discussion.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1422 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »

We know a few people involved in TV & radio productions and when there is a shoot, that being filming, they always have their own crew, to my knowledge.  That would be camera personnel, production assistant(s), etc.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1423 on: April 01, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

Lifesong

Great research work!!  We were typing and posting around the same time. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1424 on: April 01, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »

Lifesong

Great research work!!  We were typing and posting around the same time. 

Thanks, 2NJ!

I'm not having much luck finding any info on the PA's, cameramen, or sound techs.  If you know of (or can find out) any leads on where to find that kind of info, I still think those would probably be our talkers, sotaspeak! 

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: April 01, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »

I had a thought about the PA's cameramen & sound techs.  Remember way back when some of those that came to search in Aruba weren't able to get in because of problems with work permits?  And IIRC even some of Tim Miller's equipment was held up because of red tape getting into Aruba.  I don't have links, but remember something about those things.  I would think best case scenario would be to have your own crew, but maybe they all couldn't get in or their equipment.  Anyone remember some of this?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: April 01, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

When Kyle Kingman refers to Dateline on board the Persistence ... is Dateline a crew or is Dateline only Tim Uelinger?

Lifesong ... maybe Tim Uelinger is the person you should be focusing on for your interview.

Thanks again for taking the initiative to obtain another perspective on the happenings encompassing the trap/cage.

Janet

+++++++

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:
  Dateline (Tim Uelinger) had an agreement with Tim Miller to 'do a story to tell about and help promote TES and give TM recognition, and perhaps a 10 minute side-line story on Natalee along with 11 other missing persons. Dateline tagged along with TM for a while pre-NH search. They (TM and Dateline) came on the Persistence between 15-Dec and 30-Dec.

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

I was just attempting to identify those associated to Dateline who were on board the Persistence between December 15 and 30th ... attempting to identify those who may affirm from a first hand account Kyle Kingman's own words in his posts submitted to the Natalee's Freebirds.

I sure hope that the FBI did some following up investigating by contacting and questioning of those on board the Persistence following receipt of the Natalee's Freebirds' documentation.  Considering the Persistence endeavor was independent  ... it could not be regarded as interference in the Aruban investigation.

Janet

+++++++

ocean exploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #739 3/3 -
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »

There were three ROV dive videos of the trap.

Video 1 : 29th Dec - ROV visual inspection of the trap.  (very small clip of this video on Dateline).  Remember, the Dateline footage was taken over our shoulders by filming the ROV monitor.  The footage is not the recorded ROV footage.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2668.msg360047;topicseen#msg360047

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1427 on: April 01, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »

I had a thought about the PA's cameramen & sound techs.  Remember way back when some of those that came to search in Aruba weren't able to get in because of problems with work permits?  And IIRC even some of Tim Miller's equipment was held up because of red tape getting into Aruba.  I don't have links, but remember something about those things.  I would think best case scenario would be to have your own crew, but maybe they all couldn't get in or their equipment.  Anyone remember some of this?

I remember them taking Greta's cameras and equipment when Greta and Beth went for their little return visit.

I have been thinking that not more than three people from Dateline were on the Persistence due to limited
space.  I think max capicity for the Persistence was 12 or 15.  I also wonder if they charged Dateline for
their space on the boat and the filming.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1428 on: April 01, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »

I remember them taking Greta's cameras and equipment when Greta and Beth went for their little return visit.

I have been thinking that not more than three people from Dateline were on the Persistence due to limited
space.  I think max capicity for the Persistence was 12 or 15.  I also wonder if they charged Dateline for
their space on the boat and the filming.

I do remember that, Muffy.  I wonder if we can look up the Aruban work permits - maybe they list the names?  I think Magnolia is right about the limited number of people too.

I've also wondered if the expense of taking an entire crew from Texas, Louisiana, Aruba, Nicaragua didn't necessitate the hiring of local crews for the camera and sound techs, with just a field producer and a PA traveling the entire route?

I just don't know enough firsthand to make an educated guess.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1429 on: April 01, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »

Lifesong....
Check out this site.

http://www.fanpix.net/credits/0705421/dateline-nbc-cast-and-crew.html

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1430 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:47 PM »

Nice!  That site at least lists some cameramen and sound techs, etc.

Here's what I was thinking of about the work permits too:

Temporary or Permanent Work Permit
Any foreigner who wants to exercise a profession/occupation must have a work permit to do so. The work permit will normally be granted only if there are no qualified persons locally available. In general, requests for work permits will only be taken into consideration if submitted through a local employer, who has to accept full responsibility for any possible expenses to be incurred by the government relative to its employees. For a trainee position or internship a special work permit is required.
http://www.arubachamber.com/relocation.htm

If Kyle was right about the original deal with Dateline/Tim Miller being to do short pieces on several different missing person searches (no real reason to doubt him but I have to wonder how he would know that), then I wonder how far in advance Dateline decided to actually go to Aruba and if there was time to get the permits?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: April 01, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

http://www.waarisjoran.nl/spots

I believe they are saying this photo is from 03/18/2010

18/03/2010 Moomba Beach Aruba - Anonymous
Photo of him. He sat in a beach hut. What he does now I do not know.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:37:44 PM by klaasend » Logged
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1432 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

This is what he does now:

Joran Van Der Sloot

I pop bottles to bottle my emotions///
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »

That's not Deepak standing there, is it?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: April 01, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »

That's not Deepak standing there, is it?

I don't think so
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1435 on: April 01, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

The person sitting on the other side of him has lots of tatoos on the arms.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1436 on: April 01, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

Do we know exactly what day Marcos first contacted Dave Holloway?

Here's why I'm asking, and bear with me on this...

Here:  http://meridianstar.com/local/x681098317/Needle-in-a-haystack

Check that date:

January 7, 2008

Needle in a haystack
Information overload still plagues Holloway disappearance
By Brian Livingston

Trying to find the truth about the disappearance of his daughter, Dave Holloway and his attorney must first wade through a sea of misinformation.

Monday was a prime example of what Holloway must put up with.

A man, who said he was calling from Nicaragua, contacted Holloway
telling him he knew the whereabouts of his daughter, 18-year old Natalee Holloway, who has been missing since March 25, 2005 during a senior trip to Aruba. After talking with the man who would not give his name or phone number, Dave Holloway has all but written off the "source" as bogus.

"I've gotten a lot of strange stories since Natalee's disappearance," said Holloway. "Although the number of calls aren't as bad as they used to be, we still get them."

After listening to the man's claims, Holloway referred him to the attorney handling the case on this end.

<<snipped>>

Here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.msg553354#msg553354

Blonde brought that same article over to the Ocean Search thread in Nov. 2008.  Again, check that date.

Needle in a haystack

January 08, 2008 12:10 am

Trying to find the truth about the disappearance of his daughter, Dave Holloway and his attorney must first wade through a sea of misinformation.

Monday was a prime example of what Holloway must put up with.

<<snipped>>

January 7, 2008 was a Monday. 

So the Nicaragua call came in on the very day of the evidence recovery dive?  Really?  Can that be?  Because if so, no way in hell that's a coincidence, imo.

Lifesong, I think that's got to be pretty close.  I know for fact it was AFTER Tim and Dateline were removed from Persistence.....although many have touted Marcos as being the reason why.

So how many Mondays happened in between December 30th and Jan 7th? 

Blonde's thread The Search for Natalee Holloway, page 5 has excerpt from KK's blog with a screen shot of an email from Marcos dated January 12....I thought she made her own screen shot, too, but didn't find it.

Also, on page 7 of same thread is a picture from Silvetti's photos of the trip....I came across this photo and wondered what he might look like with a shave and a red shirt.   

THANKS, BLONDE!!!   It's always nice to go back and review there.   
I have been having computer trouble so This is a hit & run before I loose internet again.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1437 on: April 01, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

http://www.waarisjoran.nl/spots

I believe they are saying this photo is from 03/18/2010

18/03/2010 Moomba Beach Aruba - Anonymous
Photo of him. He sat in a beach hut. What he does now I do not know.

Thanks Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1438 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

In re-reading the Dateline transcript, this line stayed with me. 

Tim Miller:  "And he (Marcos) actually said, "call Mr. Holloway right now and tell him I’ve got Natalee."

It reminded me of this:

Capslockwizard:  The Best is that Dave comes Down and get the Body

I'm not saying Caps is Marcos.  I'm saying they all feed at the same trough.  If we knew a little more, I bet Carpe could trace Marcos back to the same IFA/AHATA group we always end up at.
It's sad.  And very sick.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1439 on: April 01, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »

Interesting read about Dateline, pertaining to a different story they did, also in 2008.

http://www.wirelessestimator.com/t_content.cfm?pagename=Tower%20Dogs

<<snipped>>

NBC's senior national producer for NBC News, Tim Uehlinger, has been at the helm of the "Tower Dogs" production since last October as supervising producer when he was asked to look at the project by "Dateline's" executive producer, David Corvo.

No stranger to dangerous jobs, Uehlinger has covered both Gulf Wars for NBC. In 1991 he spent three months in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for NBC, and in 2003 he worked two months in Kuwait and Iraq for Dateline NBC.

Uehlinger, a native New Yorker based in Los Angeles, also covered Bosnia in 1998, the Balkans/Kosovo crisis in 1999 and Somalia in 1992.  He spent weeks in New Orleans immediately following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and covered the tsunami in Banda Aceh, Indonesia in 2004-2005.

The Emmy Award winner has produced numerous "Dateline" specials, from crime investigations to setting up a mobile earthquake lab to show an earthquake's destructive power.

Working with Uehlinger most days in the field was Doug Delaney, a special field producer for NBC and former tower dog. Delaney, who originally pitched the idea of a special about tower climbers to NBC, was born in New York and now lives near Lawrence, Kansas. He is also a screenwriter and this Fall is expecting the release of his first major feature film entitled "All Roads Lead Home."

For almost ten years Delaney worked as a top hand for numerous tower service companies as well as a "floater" to fill in for workers while they went on break.

Assisting in the production of the segment was Emmy-nominated editor/producer Paul Venus, who has edited and produced more than 50 primetime hours for NBC, including news and entertainment specials and the 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Torino. Following the airing of "Tower Dogs," Venus will be heading to Beijing to assume his duties as editor/producer for the 2008 Olympic Summer Games.

Also instrumental in the production about tower technicians and erectors was producer Aliza Nadi of Dateline NBC, who spent week after week in the field, covering tower climbers in more  than 30 cities in 20 states.

Although more than 200 hours worth of filming was undertaken in the production, the one hour special has been distilled to 43 minutes of a tower dog's life on the road.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.