April 24, 2024, 03:05:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #831 3/13/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 517973 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2010, 01:34:28 AM »

http://www.ifaruba.com/aboutus.htm

ABOUT US

A little background on how IFA was born:

For several years, a small group of friends

on the island planned an annual "International

Potluck Party". Guests were invited and asked to prepare a dish from their country of origin

and if possible wear their native attire.

In 2004 there were over 80 in attendance and they

represented over 15 different countries. Several individuals asked about the possibility of

putting a club together on the island and planning monthly activities. Therefore,

International Friends of Aruba was born.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:27 AM »

I wonder if the Aruban divers that are out looking for what's in the picture are the same ones that dove on the cage and took the evidence two years ago...  

Yeah, and they're laughing their asses off -- cause they found her remains 2 years ago.

I agree wreck, and it makes me sick!   

The last laugh would be on them then.

Now, anything and everything triggers the memory, Aruba means a missing Natalee Holloway.  I still hear people talking about her out of the blue, even when nothing new is on the news about the case.  I know Janet said people have forgotten, I find the opposite to be true.  The longer she stays "missing," the deeper ingrained the connection to the idea the island is unsafe.  I cannot imagine that people from Aruba want this to continue either.  As long as the criminals remain free, the harder it will be to regain their reputation.

Please, please give Natalee back!

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2010, 03:40:45 AM »

I think that is irony in its purest form that Anita is a member of the book of the month club and Joran has only read one book in his entire miserable life, and it was about Poker!

Joran is the opposite of what Anita wishes to present her family as, to the rest of the world.  Children learn by what they see.  Just what did Joran "see" growing up.  He and dad appeared to be best buddies.  Just what did he learn from his dad?  Or, what did he teach his dad?

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2010, 03:42:42 AM »

Hi Bearly! I'm trying to catch up! Wanted to say "Hi!"   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:32 AM »

I think that is irony in its purest form that Anita is a member of the book of the month club and Joran has only read one book in his entire miserable life, and it was about Poker!

Poker or Poke her?

Rolling Eyes

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2010, 07:51:48 AM »

JVM covered it a bit last night too...

Renfro was speaking for a minute....

We begin with Julia Renfro who joins us by telephone from Aruba. She is the editor-in-chief with "Aruba Today". Julia, what is the very latest?

JULIA RENFRO, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, "ARUBA TODAY" (via telephone): The -- hi, by the way.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hi.

RENFRO: The authorities have received the information from the FBI. They have the photographs. They have the information. They have the location. And currently are planning an underwater search, although not by the request of the authorities. Someone has actually gone and re- photographed with a higher-quality camera the location.

From this point -- from this point, it`s going to be up to the authorities whether or not to -- they will continue the investigation -- to confirm whether or not it is the remains of Natalee Holloway or possibly just a rock formation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So Julia, that`s new information, you`re saying that -- ok. This is the photo from the couple from Pennsylvania. But you`re saying that someone, possibly the government, has sent out another team that has photographed -- that`s gotten a more high-resolution photograph of this same possible skeleton?

RENFRO: This -- this location has been re-photographed and the information will be sent to Holland to the NFI, to the Dutch forensic institute, who will then review the photographs and make a decision whether or not to send scientists to Aruba to dig up the remains --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Julia, I`ve got to say, it doesn`t make a lot of sense to me. Why not just put on a mask and some snorkels and go down there and find out if it`s for real? I mean, to send all this stuff to Aruba --

RENFRO: You need to be a scientist. You need to be a forensic evidence scientist in order to touch this information because you could destroy possible evidence. And that`s why they do not want anyone to touch this -- this particular --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. You`re making a good point. I stand corrected. I see what you mean. You don`t want to --

RENFRO: I believe Tim Miller will agree with me 100 percent on this.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, Tim, do you agree that we shouldn`t just put on a pair of snorkels and go down there and just get close enough to see if it`s a real skeleton or if it`s just a bunch of rocks?

MILLER: Who, me?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, Tim.

MILLER: Now, you know what I think that it`s rock formation. When we did the deep-water search over there two and a half years ago, we found many formations that looked like it could be a body. And in the -- you know it Jane, it would be totally impossible for a skeleton to be intact at the bottom of the sea in Aruba with the currents and the waves as strong as they are.

You know, I could see maybe finding a skull or something, but for it to be intact without it being in some type of container, I just don`t see that happening. And I think that Dave is pretty much on the same page as that.

snipped.......
VELEZ-MITCHELL: But Julia Renfro, Joran van der Sloot has reportedly changed his story yet again and said, "Oh, it`s totally different, she fell after a night of alcohol and drugs, we put her body in a marsh." The story keeps changing.

Julia, if this turns out to be Natalee`s skeleton, what happens to Joran? Where is he, anyway?

JULIA RENFRO, EDITOR IN CHIEF, ARUBA TODAY: In this particular situation to answer your guest, the Holloways, nor the Twittys have returned to Aruba after this information, by the way. And then on top of that Joran has told many conflicting stories. The recorded statement that he --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Where is he?

RENFRO: He is back and forth between the Netherlands and the Netherlands Islands.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So in other words, does he ever go to Aruba?

RENFRO: Yes, he does.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So he can go back and forth. He has not been banned from Aruba?

RENFRO: No. Of course not. Of course not.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/22/ijvm.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: March 23, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

Poker or Poke her?

Rolling Eyes

Only because there his no game named "pokehim" yet! (well..... maybe there is!)

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: March 23, 2010, 08:38:52 AM »

Infuriating!!!!! ..and Aruba wonders why ANYONE would feel this way! 

Patriot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: March 23, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »

Aruba man Daury Rodriquez faces N.J. justice for dealing heroin

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/aruba-man-daury-rodriquez-faces-nj-justice-for-dealing-heroin

Daury Rodriquez will be a long way from his sunny homeland of Aruba for at least the next three and a half years, if not longer.

Rodriques, 23, has been sentenced to 10 years in state prison with three and a half years of parole ineligibility for conspiring to distribute eight kilograms of heroin, state Criminal Justice Director Stephen J. Taylor said Monday. State Superior Court Judge Thomas V. Manahan levied the sentence in Morristown.

On Nov. 6, a co-conspirator, Romona Rodriguez-Tejada, 51, of Brooklyn, was also ordered to serve 10 years in state prison with 40 months parole ineligibility.

The sentences were based on the defendants' Aug. 7 guilty pleas to one count of conspiracy and one count of possession of a controlled dangerous substance with the intent to distribute, charges contained in a May 30, 2008 state grand jury indictment.

In pleading guilty, Rodriquez and Rodriques-Tejada admitted that between Dec. 24, 2007 and March 7, 2008, they conspired to sell at least five ounces of heroin. An investigation determined they conspired to sell eight kilograms of heroin in Secaucus. The heroin has a street value of approximately $1.5 million.

Rodriguez-Tejada admitted that on Jan. 9, 2008, she was in possession of the eight kilograms of heroin which she and Rodriguez were attempting to sell. As the result of an undercover investigation, Rodriguez-Tejada was arrested that day by the State Police detectives after they conducted a consensual search of a bag containing the drugs. Rodriguez was arrested on March 7, 2008.

Deputy Attorney General Philip J. Mogavero prosecuted the case for the Division of Criminal Justice.

— TOM HESTER SR., NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: March 23, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »

Does it make anyone else wonder what difference there may have been if the cage find by the Persistence had been widely publicized at the instant it was found?

We begin with Julia Renfro who joins us by telephone from Aruba. She is the editor-in-chief with "Aruba Today". Julia, what is the very latest?

JULIA RENFRO, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, "ARUBA TODAY" (via telephone): The -- hi, by the way.

RENFRO: The authorities have received the information from the FBI. They have the photographs. They have the information. They have the location. And currently are planning an underwater search, although not by the request of the authorities. Someone has actually gone and re- photographed with a higher-quality camera the location.

From this point -- from this point, it`s going to be up to the authorities whether or not to -- they will continue the investigation -- to confirm whether or not it is the remains of Natalee Holloway or possibly just a rock formation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So Julia, that`s new information, you`re saying that -- ok. This is the photo from the couple from Pennsylvania. But you`re saying that someone, possibly the government, has sent out another team that has photographed -- that`s gotten a more high-resolution photograph of this same possible skeleton?

RENFRO: This -- this location has been re-photographed and the information will be sent to Holland to the NFI, to the Dutch forensic institute, who will then review the photographs and make a decision whether or not to send scientists to Aruba to dig up the remains --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Julia, I`ve got to say, it doesn`t make a lot of sense to me. Why not just put on a mask and some snorkels and go down there and find out if it`s for real? I mean, to send all this stuff to Aruba --

RENFRO: You need to be a scientist. You need to be a forensic evidence scientist in order to touch this information because you could destroy possible evidence. And that`s why they do not want anyone to touch this -- this particular --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. You`re making a good point. I stand corrected. I see what you mean. You don`t want to --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, Tim, do you agree that we shouldn`t just put on a pair of snorkels and go down there and just get close enough to see if it`s a real skeleton or if it`s just a bunch of rocks?

MILLER: Now, you know what I think that it`s rock formation. When we did the deep-water search over there two and a half years ago, we found many formations that looked like it could be a body. And in the -- you know it Jane, it would be totally impossible for a skeleton to be intact at the bottom of the sea in Aruba with the currents and the waves as strong as they are.

You know, I could see maybe finding a skull or something, but for it to be intact without it being in some type of container, I just don`t see that happening. And I think that Dave is pretty much on the same page as that.

snipped.......
VELEZ-MITCHELL: But Julia Renfro, Joran van der Sloot has reportedly changed his story yet again and said, "Oh, it`s totally different, she fell after a night of alcohol and drugs, we put her body in a marsh." The story keeps changing.

Julia, if this turns out to be Natalee`s skeleton, what happens to Joran? Where is he, anyway?

JULIA RENFRO, EDITOR IN CHIEF, ARUBA TODAY: In this particular situation to answer your guest, the Holloways, nor the Twittys have returned to Aruba after this information, by the way. And then on top of that Joran has told many conflicting stories. The recorded statement that he --

RENFRO: He is back and forth between the Netherlands and the Netherlands Islands.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: March 23, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

snipped.......

I heard this interview.  Seems to me Julia was hedging.  Why didn't she just answer the q. as to where Joran is.  "The Netherland Islands" - you mean Aruba don't you Julia...c'mon spit it out!   

Was that another intended slam at Natalee's parents when she stated they haven't returned to the Aruba in light of this new information?  I believe it was!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: March 23, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »

Can - she also seemed to dodge the question as to WHO went down and took additional pictures.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »

Can - she also seemed to dodge the question as to WHO went down and took additional pictures.

Yes Jen.  It's all bs and Valez did not press (as she often does with other guests)
Aruba knows this is not Natalee but hasten to respond, as if they care!

FTLOG if it is human remains - are we to believe they always call in NFI!

However as many have said, this brings Natalee back in the news, and that is a good thing.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »

snipped.......

I heard this interview.  Seems to me Julia was hedging.  Why didn't she just answer the q. as to where Joran is.  "The Netherland Islands" - you mean Aruba don't you Julia...c'mon spit it out!   

Was that another intended slam at Natalee's parents when she stated they haven't returned to the Aruba in light of this new information?  I believe it was!

Un-freaking-believable!  I mean, seriously.  Even for Aruba this is sub-par.  Julia Renfro should be banned from American televison.

Which is it Julia?  Are they "currently planning an underwater search" or are they waiting for the NFI to "make a decision whether or not to send scientists to Aruba"?

You stupid b@tch.   

And how do you answer a question about what happens to Joran and where is he with Dave/Beth didn't come here to check this out?  Lord, your ignorance and evilness never cease to amaze.

I hope one of your children never comes up missing, Renfro, or is the reason another's child comes up missing - though it would certainly serve you right. Maybe you should think about that the next time you decide to show your bare bottom on American television by attempting to carry water for the van der sloots. 

No one is interested in seeing your a$$, stop showing it please.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: March 23, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »

Aruba man Daury Rodriquez faces N.J. justice for dealing heroin

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/aruba-man-daury-rodriquez-faces-nj-justice-for-dealing-heroin

Daury Rodriquez will be a long way from his sunny homeland of Aruba for at least the next three and a half years, if not longer.

Rodriques, 23, has been sentenced to 10 years in state prison with three and a half years of parole ineligibility for conspiring to distribute eight kilograms of heroin, state Criminal Justice Director Stephen J. Taylor said Monday. State Superior Court Judge Thomas V. Manahan levied the sentence in Morristown.

On Nov. 6, a co-conspirator, Romona Rodriguez-Tejada, 51, of Brooklyn, was also ordered to serve 10 years in state prison with 40 months parole ineligibility.

The sentences were based on the defendants' Aug. 7 guilty pleas to one count of conspiracy and one count of possession of a controlled dangerous substance with the intent to distribute, charges contained in a May 30, 2008 state grand jury indictment.

In pleading guilty, Rodriquez and Rodriques-Tejada admitted that between Dec. 24, 2007 and March 7, 2008, they conspired to sell at least five ounces of heroin. An investigation determined they conspired to sell eight kilograms of heroin in Secaucus. The heroin has a street value of approximately $1.5 million.

Rodriguez-Tejada admitted that on Jan. 9, 2008, she was in possession of the eight kilograms of heroin which she and Rodriguez were attempting to sell. As the result of an undercover investigation, Rodriguez-Tejada was arrested that day by the State Police detectives after they conducted a consensual search of a bag containing the drugs. Rodriguez was arrested on March 7, 2008.

Deputy Attorney General Philip J. Mogavero prosecuted the case for the Division of Criminal Justice.

— TOM HESTER SR., NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

Mystery Man in Holloway Case Comes Forward
Man Named As Accomplice By Van der Sloot Denies Involvement in Aruba Disappearance

By ELIZABETH VARGAS & CHRIS FRANCESCANI
ABC News Law & Justice Unit
ORANJESTAD, Aruba
Feb. 4, 2008

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/Story?id=4239135&page=1
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/Story?id=4239135&page=2
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/Story?id=4239135&page=3

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #855 on: March 23, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »

snipped.......

Un-freaking-believable!  I mean, seriously.  Even for Aruba this is sub-par.  Julia Renfro should be banned from American televison.

Which is it Julia?  Are they "currently planning an underwater search" or are they waiting for the NFI to "make a decision whether or not to send scientists to Aruba"?

You stupid b@tch.   

And how do you answer a question about what happens to Joran and where is he with Dave/Beth didn't come here to check this out?  Lord, your ignorance and evilness never cease to amaze.

I hope one of your children never comes up missing, Renfro, or is the reason another's child comes up missing - though it would certainly serve you right. Maybe you should think about that the next time you decide to show your bare bottom on American television by attempting to carry water for the van der sloots. 

No one is interested in seeing your a$$, stop showing it please.

"the Holloways, nor the Twittys have returned to Aruba after this information, by the way."
Gee, Julia, have you ever thought that maybe they were completely fed up and disgusted by the Aruban reenactment of The Keystone Kops in everything they do? You should be too, instead of always defending the ones who caused this to happen on your sorry Island.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: March 23, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »

"the Holloways, nor the Twittys have returned to Aruba after this information, by the way."
Gee, Julia, have you ever thought that maybe they were completely fed up and disgusted by the Aruban reenactment of The Keystone Kops in everything they do? You should be too, instead of always defending the ones who caused this to happen on your sorry Island.

REMINDER

Seattle Times - June 9, 2007

American Julia Renfro, editor-in-chief of Aruba Today, initially sided with Holloway's parents when they sought publicity and lambasted Aruban police for following Dutch investigative procedures different from those in the United States.

Galvanized by compassion for a desperate mother, Renfro stopped the presses of her daily newspaper for the first time in its history to include a picture of Holloway to aid Arubans in the islandwide search.

Renfro, a mother of four, spent weeks shuttling the family from the scene of one rumored development to another, but she became disenchanted with what she saw as Twitty's pandering to tabloid TV and "flat-out lies" she told on the air.

"I feel guilty saying any negative thing about a mother who has lost her daughter," Renfro said. "But her behavior was odd from the get-go."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003741183_aruba09.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: March 23, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »

Hi Bearly! I'm trying to catch up! Wanted to say "Hi!"   

Hi CBB!

I believe in miracles!
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #858 on: March 23, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »

Good Afternoon!
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is video of Beth/Jug Twitty's 1st interaction with the Van der Sloots, the night they arrived on the island and went to the Van der Sloots home, where they confronted Paulus, and then Jug talked to Joran? I've been searching google but can't find anything, and if there isn't a video, is there a transcript of that conversation? Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction!!
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #859 on: March 23, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

I would also just like to comment that although I don't spend much time posting, I read here and at BFN all the time, and I have such a huge respect for all of you, who spend hours, days, weeks, months and years of your lives on finding info, putting "two and two together" and posting it for all us lazy people who read but don't contribute much Smile!!
Sometimes after I put my son to bed, I'll get on this forum and I am amazed at all the info you guys find out there! I'll sit here thinking to myself " how in the world do these people find all this information" and I wouldn't even know where to begin to find out some of the things, places, people and connections you monkeys put together. Business, owners, possible connections to the case, random people you guys find and are able to connect to the case...I wish I had even the slightest idea of how to help, lol!!
WHEN this case is solved, I'd bet my last dollar that it will turn out that all the info you all have gathered, and the time you've all put into this, will have at the very least contributed to the solving of this case, if not solving this case yourselves! Again, I don't post often so I really wanted to take this time to thank all of you for doing all the hard work, so that I and others like me can read here, and learn about a case that I'm so passionate about. Thank you all again for putting all the effort into this because I love to read here, and I've found this forum to be the most valuable source of information out there on the Natalee Holloway case. I've done ALOT of reading, at ALOT of forums, and you guys ( and BFN ) are the most intelligent, resourceful, eloquent and dedicated group of people out there.  Have a great afternoon everyone!! Off to my 5-year-old's indoor soccer practice in an hour! Sorry about any spelling errors..rushing to type!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.