April 18, 2024, 06:55:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #831 3/13/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 517443 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1520 on: April 05, 2010, 02:25:06 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1521 on: April 05, 2010, 06:03:20 AM »

Yes, 2NJ, thanks for helping to keep a bright light on for Natalee.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1522 on: April 05, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »

This is all becomes so clear, years later, when you can see who is in bed with each other.

Mashelle Zeolla - Rick Zeolla`s wife - GM of Marriott -- Anita`s best pal interjecting herself into the search and the flyer activities in the name of IFA.

She was even on a Nancy Grace show one night. (phoner)

All the while - nobody knew she was a Van der sloot family friend and fellow IFA member.

You might as well have been emailing Anita Van der sloot every search plan.

Hindsight is one big old S.O.B., isn`t it???

They also say like attracts like.  Most people, I truly believe, do not have friends like AVDS.  I have not had to cover the butt of any of my friends because they do not have, or would not tolerate the antics of a son like she has.  In any case, I would never cover up for a JVDS.  Would you?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: April 05, 2010, 06:48:53 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_70644.php

Google translation:

Possible within two months new police chief
March 31, 2010, 14:03 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
 Print this article

Chief Constable Peter White today officially belongs to St. Maarten police or he can be.

ORANGE CITY - Chief Constable Peter leaves the White certainly not by April 1. Announces that in response to persistent rumors that he was at that date the new police chief of St. Maarten is. "If it continues, then I think two months is a reasonable time."

He says that ¬ - for a long time ago - talks between the government of St. Maarten and the future land himself. During these conversations, De Witte consultation process about the position of police chief. "Helping to build a new country looks like a great challenge," he says this.

While the media firmly into that of St. Martin de Witte as chief, he has not heard anything formally. "Today I am called by Justice Minister Magali Jacoba. Then I know more, "said the White this morning. No formal attachment to the Chief Constable no further comment on the news. Speculation about a possible successor, he points to the hand. "This is what I want to first minister (Arthur Dower, ed) talk."

The police chief since December 2006 serving as head of the Police Corps of Aruba. He then signed a contract for three years, which expired last December. He signed again for three years to 2012. That he leaves, still seems a foregone conclusion. "I'm not wrong. If they want me in St. Maarten, I must also look at what they offer me. "Last year went to another chief justice to St. Maarten. Then the Aruban Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos crossing. He exchanged his robes for the same job on Aruba St. Maarten.

If he had a cigar in his hand instead of a flag, I would say that is Gomez Adams.

I believe in miracles!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1524 on: April 05, 2010, 07:31:43 AM »

This is a 3 page article on Fred Golba, which I've snipped:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20100405/NEWS01/4050320/1006/rss01

Man spends life looking for dead
BY KAUSTUV BASU • FLORIDA TODAY • April 5, 2010

Fred Golba was in Tampa, about to check into a hotel when he heard about the earthquake in Haiti.

He did not check in.

"I had an adrenaline flow like you will not believe," he said.

Within days, Golba was on his way to the Hotel Montana in Port-au-Prince, a five story building that pancaked in the aftermath of the earthquake.

This is Golba's life.

He is an itinerant search-and-rescue man who goes from disaster to disaster with his dog in tow, usually looking for the dead. He spent five months in lower Manhattan after 9-11. In 2001, he dashed off to India when a 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck the western part of the country. When Natalie Holloway went missing in Aruba, Golba jumped in.

"He is a good old guy, I think he has never met a stranger he can't be friends with," said Dave Holloway, Natalie's father.

Back at his part-time residence on Palm Bay's Heartwellville Street he shares with his girlfriend Mayela Rhone, the 50-year-old talks incessantly, the conversation veering off in different directions.

It is a difficult job, searching for mangled remains of humans. And after the adrenaline flow comes the post-traumatic stress.

"Every time I try to quit search and rescue, God kicks me in the behind and I get into search and rescue more than ever before," he said.

How it started

In 1991, when he worked as a firefighter in Heath, Mass., he located two missing children who had wandered off from their mother as she busied herself doing laundry.

The incident set him on the road to the search-and-rescue business.

Soon after, his daughter, Vanessa Dumas, acquired a German Shepherd named Amo. The dog would become his companion for the next decade or so as Golba trained himself and the dog to find the dead.

"I helped bring closure to families," he said.

The names and places of his recoveries begin to trip off his tongue: Victor Bator in Granby, Ma., stints in the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua in the aftermath of hurricanes.

In January 2001, when an earthquake struck the state of Gujarat in India, he was offered a free plane ticket to the country.
(2 of 3)

More than 20,000 people perished in the quake, according to reports. Golba felt overwhelmed as he worked with crews there.

India overwhelmed him, he said.

"I told Amo, we are done," Golba said.

Then, back in the United States, on the morning of Sept. 11, he watched on TV as the second plane crashed into the World Trade Center in Manhattan.

"Oh, I've got to go," he told his girlfriend at the time.

Sept. 11

Golba drove to Manhattan on the afternoon of the attack with two of his dogs. "It was like being on a battlefield where you have lost all your men," he said.

"He searched until they threw him out," said Sgt. John Mulcahy of the Miami Gardens Police Department, who worked with him at the site.

At the time, Mulcahy worked with the Southbridge Police Department in Massachusetts and had responded to the scene like many law enforcement personnel in the northeast.

The next five months would pass in a blur.

Sometimes Golba would sleep for a few hours at a nearby hotel or on the USNS Comfort, a Navy ship serving as a base for rescue workers.

"The moment I came back from the site, I felt like I had to go back again and start looking," he said.

The obsession would take a heavy toll -- he damaged some of his extraction equipment and saws, and his girlfriend at the time ended up leaving him because he was gone for so long.

"He struggles every day. His life is not an easy one," Mulcahy said.

But with his dedication, Golba was beginning to make a name for himself. Newsweek magazine interviewed him at the World Trade Center site.

"All around the world, I go and find the dead," he told the magazine.

Holloway

About four years later, Golba got restless again as the case of a missing American teenage girl in Aruba gobbled up headlines.

Her name: Natalie Holloway.

Golba reached out to the family and offered to help.

"My theory was the more people that searched, the better off we were," said Dave Holloway, Natalie's father who lives in Mississippi.

Golba made 10 trips to Aruba, two of them with some financial help from Holloway.
(3 of 3)

"He had a good relationship with the Aruban police and that was important," Holloway said.

The Natalie Holloway case is still open.

"He was willing to drop everything and search for someone he did not even know," Holloway said.

He talks often with Golba on the phone. Two years ago, Holloway drove up to Massachusetts and bought a travel trailer from him.

-snipped-

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: April 05, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »

Not sure if this is the same one or a later one!   

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/17868/6/#comments

Papiamentu translation:

earthquake of 7.2 at descend california

sunday, 04 april 2010 - 19:46

one earthquake of 7.2 owing to sosode algo happen of 7:30 at descend california, mexico. the earthquake owing to being feel till at san diego y several another part of the estado mericano of california. at merca not owing to registra still danjonan material earnest neither mortonan. the informacion for of mexico if still do not mucho cla.

That is awful.

I don't know about you, but if I was the manager of that store, I sure would be making sure my employees gave better customer service from now on.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1526 on: April 05, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »

The trial is supposed to be in May but the judge gave the Kalpoes until June 1 to give their depositions in Calif.  I just checked and saw this document filed.  Looks like a new judge and courtroom?

I hope Chesebro is not related to Bastibro.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: April 05, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »

Shooting in a bathroom at South Beach.

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1722:tiro-a-cai-den-bano-di-south-beach&catid=1:policial&Itemid=2

Papiamentu translation:

tiro owing to cai in bathroom of south beach

saturday, 03 april 2010 15:18

saturday owing to cai tiro again in south beach. the trip here in the bathroom where cu the victima march leave cu much problem. sit one rato on the bank y sigi go direccion his car for after go hospital. hospital owing to atende of trip y investigacion owing to cuminsa in the area. one huls of ball owing to wordo find in bathroom y much blood on floer. tod owing to wordo ask y also police owing to close all the area here for so look at what can owing to happen. recherche did take the caso here over y look at that owing to haci this.

Makes me wonder if it was an American tourist that was shot...

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1722:tiro-a-cai-den-bano-di-south-beach&catid=1:policial&Itemid=2#comments

one of the comments translated:

#6 not know 2010-04-04 09:13

hour they throw one tourist kill the hour ey gobierno is arise for of sonjo come across. but the hour ey is late come across.aruba will enfrenta boycot they pio cu nathalee h. cuanto trip end was have problem eybanda come across? y do not haci nothing come across. now is pio pace a owing to being injury come across. not miss mucho more cu they will kill one come across. the hour ey good-bye turism come across. as come cadushi

Well, this will get the men in the world to boycott Aruba.  They are religious about their right to hog up the bathroom for however long to read the paper and what not.  They will never want to risk getting shot on the throne.

I believe in miracles!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1528 on: April 05, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »

They have not set a new trial date  - have they?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1529 on: April 05, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »

No, not that I've seen
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »

No, not that I've seen

I think they did.  Took me a while to find this again but look here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5922.msg953584#msg953584

on the 5th page Klaas photo'd/posted it says "Trial is set for February 7, 2011 at 9:30am..."

I'll try and screen shot it with the area I'm seeing circled in red.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1531 on: April 05, 2010, 10:43:53 AM »

No, not that I've seen

I think they did.  Took me a while to find this again but look here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5922.msg953584#msg953584

on the 5th page Klaas photo'd/posted it says "Trial is set for February 7, 2011 at 9:30am..."

I'll try and screen shot it with the area I'm seeing circled in red.

Here it is:

Posted here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5922.msg953584#msg953584

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1532 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »

Update:

I now have 2 email addreses for the Dateline producer Elizabeth Ruksznis-Waller, both work and home.  I've drafted the attached message with questions and would like to put it out for the group's revisions.  I didn't know whether I should mention SM or not and I have not yet put together the brief summary page mentioned, and would like Kermit's blessing to send her the trap pictures as I just don't feel they are mine to distribute.

Do you think this is too long a message to garner a response?

Subject Line:  Natalee Holloway Search/Feb. 2008 Dateline; Interview Questionaire from Independent Research Group

Dear Elizabeth Ruksznis-Waller,

I am writing to you on behalf of an independent group researching the Natalee Holloway disappearance cold case file.  New facts have been uncovered related to the ocean search for Natalee Holloway performed by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti onboard The Persistence in the waters around Aruba.

As Producer of the Dateline story on Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch and the search for Natalee, we were hoping you might be willing to shed some light on the following questions.  No doubt you will be curious why we are asking these questions, therefore I have attached a document briefly listing some of the facts uncovered, the images released, and the circumstances surrounding both.

Here are our questions:

1.    Were you onboard The Persistence with Tim Miller?  If not, can you put us in touch with the Field Producer and crew that were?

2.    Were you or any of your staff or crew privy to the meeting onboard the ship on 12/30/07 between Aruban Law Enforcement and their Diving Team,  Hans Mos, Tim Miller, John Silvetti, and the staff of the Persistence? 

3.   Was more than one dive performed on the target crab trap on 12/30/2007?  Is it true that Tim Trahan's tank began to run out of air before he could clearly see into the target crab trap and he had to resurface? 

4.   Were you or any of your staff or crew aware that they were mislead by Tim Trahan when, following the visual dive, he implied that there was nothing Natalee Holloway case related inside the trap?  Is it true that Tim Trahan’s “thumbs down” signal was later explained by him to mean “inconclusive” rather than that nothing was there? 

5.   After the dive(s) on the 30th, can you describe the demeanor of the people on the ship, both Aruban Law Enforcement and Silvetti's crew?  Tim Miller?  Was the Dateline staff/crew aware  there was conflict and/or dissension?

6.   Is it true, as we have learned from a Persistence crew member that John Silvetti removed Tim Miller and your crew from the ship on the evening of the December 30th?  Have you ever been given a satisfactory answer as to why?  Silvetti was quoted by this crew member as having said you all were "no longer needed, and a liability."

7.   Who called the shots with regard to daily filming and production while aboard?  Were you or any of your staff aware that there was disappointment that John Silvetti himself was not more prominently featured or given credit in the final story that aired?  Was John Silvetti, to your knowledge, aware that the story was to feature Tim Miller and TES?

8.   Did Tim Trahan leave the ship at the same time you all did? 

9.   Were you or your crew made aware of the January 7, 2008 evidence recovery dive on the target crab trap by only the Aruban Law Enforcement Diving Team prior to it taking place? 

10.   Were you given any explanation as to why Tim Trahan was not available nor any other diver brought in on behalf of the Americans for the January 7 evidence recovery dive?

11.   Have you seen or been made aware of the attached pictures showing the contents of this target crab trap prior to this email?

12.    Did the Dateline crew leave for Nicaragua with Tim Miller?  How many days elapsed from the time you all left the ship and when you left for Nicaragua?  What did you do between getting off the ship and going to Nicaragua?  How many of those days were spent in Aruba?  Did the crew come back to the US and then go to Nicaragua?

13.   Although he did not allow it to be broadcast, do you have archive footage containing a picture of “Marcos”?

14.   Without divulging any contents thereof, can you tell us if any of your staff or crew have been contacted to be interviewed by the FBI?

15.   Tim Miller recently stated in an interview regarding this target crab trap:   “The Aruban authorities dove on it and then six weeks later they said the DNA came back as a male.  So, did we find Natalee?  I don’t know.”  Were you or your staff or crew aware that DNA was recovered from that crab trap?  Have you interviewed Tim Miller about it?  If not, why not?

16.   Were you aware of any agreement between Dateline/Tim Miller and John Silvetti not to broadcast the footage you obtained while the search was still active?  We assume the Dateline story was aired, and rightly so, to be timely to the revived interest in Natalee’s case brought about by the Peter DeVries secretly recorded confessions of Joran Van der Sloot.  Did the timing of this broadcast violate any such agreement not to air while the search was active?

17.   Have you interviewed Kyle Kingman since leaving the Persistence?  If not, why not?

18.   Have you ever interviewed John Silvetti since leaving the Persistence?  If not, why not?

19.   In one of the attached pictures you will see a man circled in a red shirt.  We have been given conflicting reports as to the identity of this man, do you recognize him?

20.    Finally, after reviewing the attached summary document and pictures, is there any other information you would like to share with us?

What do you think?  Too much?  Too wordy?  Too many questions?  Did I leave anything out?

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1533 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »

Update:

I now have 2 email addreses for the Dateline producer Elizabeth Ruksznis-Waller, both work and home.  I've drafted the attached message with questions and would like to put it out for the group's revisions.  I didn't know whether I should mention SM or not and I have not yet put together the brief summary page mentioned, and would like Kermit's blessing to send her the trap pictures as I just don't feel they are mine to distribute.

Do you think this is too long a message to garner a response?

Subject Line:  Natalee Holloway Search/Feb. 2008 Dateline; Interview Questionaire from Independent Research Group

I am writing to you on behalf of an independent group researching the Natalee Holloway disappearance cold case file.  New facts have been uncovered related to the ocean search for Natalee Holloway performed by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti onboard The Persistence in the waters around Aruba.

As Producer of the Dateline story on Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch and the search for Natalee, we were hoping you might be willing to shed some light on the following questions.  No doubt you will be curious why we are asking these questions, therefore I have attached a document briefly listing some of the facts uncovered, the images released, and the circumstances surrounding both.

Here are our questions:

1.    Were you onboard The Persistence with Tim Miller?  If not, can you put us in touch with the Field Producer and crew that were?

2.    Were you or any of your staff or crew privy to the meeting onboard the ship on 12/30/07 between Aruban Law Enforcement and their Diving Team,  Hans Mos, Tim Miller, John Silvetti, and the staff of the Persistence? 

3.   Was more than one dive performed on the target crab trap on 12/30/2007?  Is it true that Tim Trahan's tank began to run out of air before he could clearly see into the target crab trap and he had to resurface? 

4.   Were you or any of your staff or crew aware that they were mislead by Tim Trahan when, following the visual dive, he implied that there was nothing Natalee Holloway case related inside the trap?  Is it true that Tim Trahan’s “thumbs down” signal was later explained by him to mean “inconclusive” rather than that nothing was there? 

5.   After the dive(s) on the 30th, can you describe the demeanor of the people on the ship, both Aruban Law Enforcement and Silvetti's crew?  Tim Miller?  Was the Dateline staff/crew aware  there was conflict and/or dissension?

6.   Is it true, as we have learned from a Persistence crew member that John Silvetti removed Tim Miller and your crew from the ship on the evening of the December 30th?  Have you ever been given a satisfactory answer as to why?  Silvetti was quoted by this crew member as having said you all were "no longer needed, and a liability."

7.   Who called the shots with regard to daily filming and production while aboard?  Were you or any of your staff aware that there was disappointment that John Silvetti himself was not more prominently featured or given credit in the final story that aired?  Was John Silvetti, to your knowledge, aware that the story was to feature Tim Miller and TES?

8.   Did Tim Trahan leave the ship at the same time you all did? 

9.   Were you or your crew made aware of the January 7, 2008 evidence recovery dive on the target crab trap by only the Aruban Law Enforcement Diving Team prior to it taking place? 

10.   Were you given any explanation as to why Tim Trahan was not available nor any other diver brought in on behalf of the Americans for the January 7 evidence recovery dive?

11.   Have you seen or been made aware of the attached pictures showing the contents of this target crab trap prior to this email?

12.    Did the Dateline crew leave for Nicaragua with Tim Miller?  How many days elapsed from the time you all left the ship and when you left for Nicaragua?  What did you do between getting off the ship and going to Nicaragua?  How many of those days were spent in Aruba?  Did the crew come back to the US and then go to Nicaragua?

13.   Although he did not allow it to be broadcast, do you have archive footage containing a picture of “Marcos”?

14.   Without divulging any contents thereof, can you tell us if any of your staff or crew have been contacted to be interviewed by the FBI?

15.   Tim Miller recently stated in an interview regarding this target crab trap:   “The Aruban authorities dove on it and then six weeks later they said the DNA came back as a male.  So, did we find Natalee?  I don’t know.”  Were you or your staff or crew aware that DNA was recovered from that crab trap?  Have you interviewed Tim Miller about it?  If not, why not?

16.   Were you aware of any agreement between Dateline/Tim Miller and John Silvetti not to broadcast the footage you obtained while the search was still active?  We assume the Dateline story was aired, and rightly so, to be timely to the revived interest in Natalee’s case brought about by the Peter DeVries secretly recorded confessions of Joran Van der Sloot.  Did the timing of this broadcast violate any such agreement not to air while the search was active?

17.   Have you interviewed Kyle Kingman since leaving the Persistence?  If not, why not?

18.   Have you ever interviewed John Silvetti since leaving the Persistence?  If not, why not?

19.   In one of the attached pictures you will see a man circled in a red shirt.  We have been given conflicting reports as to the identity of this man, do you recognize him?

20.    Finally, after reviewing the attached summary document and pictures, is there any other information you would like to share with us?

What do you think?  Too much?  Too wordy?  Too many questions?  Did I leave anything out?

Lifesong, I love when you have a project.  You get so into it and you carry through.

I find the twenty questions a little overwhelming as a first correspondence.  I am sure
that Klaas, Kermit or Jen can offer better advice than I can.

I think that I would send the pictures, including the one with the image of Natalee superimposed and
the bags of evidence collected.  That makes a powerful statement.
Then Tim Miller's statement about the DNA and ask if they would be willing to answer some questions.  JMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1534 on: April 05, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »

Lifesgon, I first want to say THANK YOU for doing this! 

I agree with Magnolia on all counts.  I think the questions are too numerous for a first contact.

FWIW, in my experience when I contacted Bill Kurtis company regarding the documentary they were working on, I just used some sort of attention grabber, and then they wanted to communicate via telephone immediately thereafter.

So just my suggestion and opinion........

Try just letting them know that the ROV operator from the Persistence shared images, thoughts, and facts surrounding the cage find, visual dive, recovery dive, and Aruba's response.  That we are concerned with that information, combined with what Tim Miller said recently, that there has been some hanky pank going on.  That we would really like to share thoughts with them, in an effort to get to the bottom of what really transpired aboard Persistence regarding that cage.

Give them some of Kyle's words, some of the images (especially the one he did with the overlay of Natalee's image), and give them Tim Miller's quote from the Watts radio show.

Then give them your phone #, if you are comfortable doing so, and let er rip!!

Just my suggestion, after learning what reputable media sources respond to (Kurtis Productions).

And THEN when they respond to you, hit them with all the questions.  Monkey Devil!
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1535 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »

Thanks guys!       

I completely agree your suggestions, I thought so too.  I'll rough up a short intro email later this afternoon and see what we think about that.

I just finished the "Summary Fact Sheet" and its two pages long in Word Document, numbered and bulleted.     Think I might have a problem?!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1536 on: April 05, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »

Thanks for all your hard work Lifesong!   

You always do a fine job at whatever you set your mind to!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Patriot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1537 on: April 05, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

Natalee Holloway's mom teams up with security team

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/natalee_holloway_mom_teams_up_with_jLfkgm5YeE4xiRHGrEUwsO#ixzz0kG0D1vaR

The mysterious disappearance and death of high-school senior Natalee Holloway in Aruba is an enduring symbol of a parent’s worst nightmare.

Five years after her daughter’s death, Beth Holloway has teamed with a Manhattan corporate security firm to ensure parents can sleep easier when their kids go abroad.

The 48-year-old mother and Investigative Management Group (IMG) have started Mayday 360, which promises to have the resources to intervene immediately at the first sign of trouble overseas.

Holloway said the most important lesson she learned from her awful ordeal was that when a loved one is in trouble far from home, it’s vital to get bureaucrats to start an emergency response if circumstances demand it — a key component of what Mayday 360 plans to offer.

"In our case," Holloway told The Post, "it took five days for the American consulate to respond.

"You need a response that is both urgent and timely. Some of the challenges we faced were in utilizing the resources of the governments involved," she said, referring to the inaction displayed after her daughter’s disappearance.

An estimated 275,000 American students study abroad each year and some 100,000 American teens head to Mexico each spring break, seemingly oblivious to recent State Department warnings about drug-fueled violence in that country.

Many gallivanting youths wind up in life-threatening predicaments — lost and confused, badly injured or under arrest on alcohol or drug charges.

Holloway, who will serve as a partner and director of business development for the company, says the venture is an outgrowth of the lectures she’s given since 19-year-old Natalee was kidnapped and killed in May 2005. She had become separated from her Alabama high-school classmates during their senior class trip.

In her chats, Holloway has made it a point to warn high-school and college students about the many hidden pitfalls awaiting them in foreign lands, she said.

"I always remind students to understand that when you leave the United States, there are challenges and consequences to face if something tragic happens," she said.

That ugly lesson was in the news last week with the disclosure that John "Zeke" Rucker, a 21-year-old from Sewell, N.J., was fighting for his life after being severely beaten while vacationing with friends in Cancun, Mexico.

Rucker, who was celebrating his recent graduation from Rutgers University and was planning to enter law school, suffered multiple skull fractures after he was apparently attacked upon falling asleep near his hotel pool.

In extreme cases, Mayday 360 will dispatch ex-federal agents with specialized knowledge about a particular country’s laws, customs and language.

"The biggest thing about being overseas and outside of the United States is that people don’t think about it until it’s too late

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/natalee_holloway_mom_teams_up_with_jLfkgm5YeE4xiRHGrEUwsO#ixzz0kG02WJh8
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1538 on: April 05, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »

Thanks, TM!  But it ain't like I'm reading Papiamento...whew!         

Thanks for that article too, Patriot.  That's good news and I'm thrilled for Beth and so proud of her to be out there helping others.  I hope Mayday 360 is a huge success, there is definately a need for it.

Here's the shorter intro email draft I've got for the Dateline producer, I'm sure it should be cut some more.  I obviously need an editor! 

Subject Line:  Dateline, February 2008 - The Search for Natalee Holloway

I’m writing to you regarding the Dateline feature you produced in 2008 on the search for Natalee Holloway.  New facts have recently come to light regarding the findings in the crab trap featured in your story.

Attached are screenshots taken from the ROV video recording of the evidence recovery dive made on that target crab trap on January 7, 2008.  This was the dive performed by the Arubans only and is the first up-close look we’ve had at the contents of that cage.  I’ve also attached a picture you’ve likely seen, an overlay of Natalee Holloway on the cage contents put together by the target specialist/image analyst onboard the Persistence the evening of 12/29/07.

I’m contacting you on behalf of a small group who has been researching and following the Natalee Holloway case since 2005.  A branch of this group was contacted by the ROV operator from the Persistence, who shared these images together with facts and thoughts surrounding this find, the dives, and Aruba’s response.  As a group, we are concerned with that information.

Below is a recent quote from Tim Miller regarding this subject.  We would very much like to share thoughts with you in an effort to get to the bottom of what really transpired aboard the Persistence regarding that cage. 

Sincerely,

Tim Miller on 2/14/10:

“In fact, two years ago on December 30th we found a fish trap and we was almost positive it was Natalee’s body in the fish trap.  We dove on it along with the Aruban authorities and then they said they’ve got to contact the Netherlands to see how to preserve it and what to do with it, and we was all going to dive on it together.  The Aruban authorities dove on it and then six weeks later they said the DNA came back as a male.  So, did we find Natalee?  I don’t know.  It certainly looked like her clothes in that fish trap and again we know that the night Natalee disappeared the fishermen’s huts were broken into, a knife was stolen, the big fish trap was stolen, uh, and ironic we found one and I’ve actually got the pictures of that, you know, what certainly appears to be a body in that fish trap.  So, I don’t know."

Now, here's my glitch.  I think Jen's right about the phone and I don't at all mind sending her my phone number, but if she calls me we will lose credibility almost immediately.  My health has just not quite stabilized yet.  My breathing is shallow and I'm out of air after 3 or 4 words, noticably struggling to speak.  I'm just recovering from another bout of pneumonia diagnosed last week, which has made it worse.  This is one of the reasons I'm still only working part time from home and haven't been able to go back fulltime.  I'm fine - don't get me wrong.  It's just going to take me a year, at least, to get back up to speed, let all the scar tissue heal and shake off the side effects of the treatments.

So...I'm proposing that someone else take this and run with it.  Make whatever changes you'd like and get it sent with a contact phone number. 

If its ok with Klaas, I can email her with the contact info for the producer, I don't really want to post her email address as its not officially posted to the public. 

Any takers?  And thanks in advance!

Links to the pictures I have, if needed:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3350229996_f5c3e41bfa_o.jpg 
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3320144389_22423b0c77_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3320973370_b5602a0fb0_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/3320144227_8bd6bc9bae_o.jpg

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: April 05, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »

Lifesong - do you have this picture?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.