April 19, 2024, 01:58:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McStay Family of 4 missing in So California-Missing since 2/04/10  (Read 132649 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »

So glad they have been found, I wondered if we'd ever know what happened to them too.

Now I hope they'll have justice.

Sad...   

^^^^
I agree with everything you said texasmom. 
It's amazing their remains were discovered, considering their location. 

WOW May the family find some peace now that their loved ones have been found. I don't think they will ever know what happened. So sad a whole family gone.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-victorville-bodies-20131116,0,4073608.story#axzz2km1918bs

After discovery, mystery of McStay family's disappearance deepens
November 15, 2013, 5:56 p.m.

It was about 10 a.m. Monday when sheriff's deputies got the report from the off-road biker. He didn't know if the bones he found were animal or human, but he felt compelled to report them.

Investigating a tumbleweed-strewn patch of desert near Quarry Road, within sight of Interstate 15, the deputies found two graves, about 2 feet deep and 20 feet apart. It appeared the remains had been there for "an extended period of time" and that animals had scattered some of the bones while leaving most of the skeletons intact.

Dental records helped identify the bodies of Joseph and Summer. The Department of Justice will conduct DNA analysis to confirm that the other bodies are Gianni and Joseph Jr.

Investigators also found clothing with the remains, though they declined to describe it or to say much else. McMahon would say only that there was "evidence at the scene that will help complete the investigation."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2013, 10:21:11 PM »

http://**/news/ci_24532690.html

How did this family of 4 end up in shallow graves in a California desert
Posted:   11/15/2013 03:23:02 PM PST | Updated:   about 5 hours ago

San Bernardino County Deputy Coroner's Investigator Bob Hunter said he contacted the Department of Justice about missing four-person families after a motorcyclist discovered the remains Monday about 60 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

Hunter said dental records matched the family, whose remains had been buried in two graves that were one to two feet deep.

“There were obvious signs of wildlife activity in the close proximity of the graves,” sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

Sheriff's officials close to the investigation confirmed at least one set of remains had been bound with an electrical cord. Clothing also was found in the graves.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2013, 01:02:07 AM »

This is very sad.   

I had hoped they were off on a lark, living in peace in some beautiful hideaway in So. America or somewhere. 

Didn't believe that tho.  Just hoped they were still alive and at peace.

Many of us felt at the beginning that they just did not 'walk away' from everything, and this sure seems to prove it.

I still have my suspicions of who could have done this. 

It was much discussed back then about the finding of their vehicle at the border.  And that someone (either the McStay's or an abductor etc) may have intended for the police to assume the McStay's went over the border.  I remember several of us were hoping back then that the police would look in the opposite direction.  Like north, not south.   And now their bodies are found north, not south.   I sure do hope the police or FBI, whomever has this case now, factors in that whoever did this to the McStays, seems to have MEANT to mislead them from the start.

As for the bodies... I'm so relieved that they have been found at long last, and can be given a proper burial.  May they rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2013, 01:07:07 AM »

I'm very curious about this, which was written in an article upthread:

<snipped> ... "evidence at the scene that will help complete the investigation."  <end snip>

I cannot think of anything that could help them at this point to complete the investigation. 

Any ideas on what that evidence might be?   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2013, 02:13:19 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »

IMO, there has to be a drug connection.  It's just sad they all had to die for it, especially the kids. 
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

After discovery, mystery of McStay family's disappearance deepens

Nearly four years ago, the McStays left their snug home in suburban San Diego County on a chilly February evening. Piling into their Isuzu Trooper, parents Joseph and Summer and young sons Gianni and Joseph Jr. left behind two dogs, two bowls of popcorn and, soon, a mystery.

http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-me-victorville-bodies-20131116/10

(Interesting discussion comments)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »

I can't stop  over this one

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »

Have they found the children?? I'm confused.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »

Have they found the children?? I'm confused.

Hi Cadillac.  Four bodies were found.  Because there were no dental records for the children it has not been legally found to be them however it has been reported that the remains of two children were found in a shallow grave and clothing items were found as well.

I don't know how a reporter could claim the mystery 'deepens' now that bodies have been found, especially if Joseph's father states he gave the names of three people who could be involved.  It sounds like the father has an idea what happened and now we know the family is deceased and has been murdered so the trail should be more clear for LE than ever.

@ Klaas, I agree with you that there is a drug connection.  It would be amazing if the perps were caught because it's certain their criminal activities are far and wide and leaves many victims in their wake.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »

O/T: for anybody who has followed the missing Jamison Family out of Oklahoma, they have been found as well. They were found 2 miles away from their truck.

Do we have a thread for the Jamison family?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

O/T: for anybody who has followed the missing Jamison Family out of Oklahoma, they have been found as well. They were found 2 miles away from their truck.

Yes, we do have a thread for the Jamison family.  I hadn't heard the news prior to your post.  Very sad.  The thread will need updating.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6343.0
Bobby Jamison, Sherilynn Jamison & Madyson Jamison disappeared in Eufaula, OK

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2013, 04:39:11 PM »

Yes, we do have a thread for the Jamison family.  I hadn't heard the news prior to your post.  Very sad.  The thread will need updating.

iluvmua, do you have a link to the news about the discovery of the Jamison family?  I'm not seeing it in the general news yet.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »

I am in absolute shock that both the McStay's and now the Jamison's have been found this week.  I'm saddened that they have been found deceased...I now pray for justice and peace for their loved ones. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »

iluvmua, do you have a link to the news about the discovery of the Jamison family?  I'm not seeing it in the general news yet.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDTHEJAMISONS

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=23993442&catId=112042
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2013, 01:23:27 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1311/15/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Bodies of Missing California Family Found
Aired November 15, 2013 - 20:00   ET
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508766/Mystery-McStay-money-Family-dead-barely-afford-rent-despite-100k-bank.html

EXCLUSIVE - Mystery of the McStay family money: Missing couple found dead in a shallow grave with their children could 'barely afford' cheap rent months before vanishing with $100k in the bank
PUBLISHED: 09:37 EST, 17 November 2013  | UPDATED: 17:50 EST, 17 November 2013

The McStay family - whose bodies were found in a shallow grave in the Californian desert almost four years after they mysteriously vanished - could barely afford to pay $210 a week on rent just months before they disappeared with $100,000 in the bank, it was claimed today.

Joseph and Summer McStay were also apparently being chased by debt collection agents, the IRS and lawyers representing business clients they owed money to.

Despite their apparent financial difficulties, they managed to find the cash to buy a $320,000 house around two months before they vanished on February 4 2010. They also had $100,000 in the bank when they vanished which remained untouched.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508766/Mystery-McStay-money-Family-dead-barely-afford-rent-despite-100k-bank.html

EXCLUSIVE - Mystery of the McStay family money: Missing couple found dead in a shallow grave with their children could 'barely afford' cheap rent months before vanishing with $100k in the bank
PUBLISHED: 09:37 EST, 17 November 2013  | UPDATED: 17:50 EST, 17 November 2013

The McStay family - whose bodies were found in a shallow grave in the Californian desert almost four years after they mysteriously vanished - could barely afford to pay $210 a week on rent just months before they disappeared with $100,000 in the bank, it was claimed today.

Joseph and Summer McStay were also apparently being chased by debt collection agents, the IRS and lawyers representing business clients they owed money to.

Despite their apparent financial difficulties, they managed to find the cash to buy a $320,000 house around two months before they vanished on February 4 2010. They also had $100,000 in the bank when they vanished which remained untouched.

I wonder if the money wasn't really theirs, but belonged to or was owed to an illegal entity.  Drug running?  Prostitution? 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.