March 29, 2024, 02:35:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McStay Family of 4 missing in So California-Missing since 2/04/10  (Read 132190 times)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »

Thanks Amy Sister for the clarification about the children - that makes sense to me now.

Something untold about their money, if they owed the IRS, then the IRS would get the money if it was sitting around in a bank account.  That's how the IRS rolls.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57612672-504083/mcstay-family-update-joseph-mcstays-father-says-he-suspects-three-people-in-familys-2010-disappearance-murders/

November 18, 2013 9:11 AM
McStay Family Update: Joseph McStay's father says he suspects three people in family's 2010 disappearance, murders

CBS) - The father of Joseph McStay says he has a list of three people he suspects may have had something to do with the disappearance and murders of his son, daughter-in-law and two young grandchildren.

"I have exhausted and have so much information on three possible persons of interest," Patrick McStay told CBS News' Crimesider over the phone Friday. "All have a motive."

McStay says that while these three individuals are "totally separate," one of them stands out above the rest due to a long criminal history that includes charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and burglary.

"He has money, was in prison... He absolutely had a motive," McStay said.

McStay says he's felt all along that multiple people were involved in the February 2010 disappearance of his son, Joseph; Joseph's wife, Summer; and their children; 3-year-old Joey and 4-year-old Gianni, from their home in Fallbrook, Calif.

"Somebody hired somebody," Patrick McStay told Crimesider. "To kill a child is something totally different. You have to be a cold-blooded killer."

"Only two things could have happened," he continued. "Either there was a hired killer who killed them or the children could have recognized them - this person."

McStay said that while he always hoped in the back of his mind that his family was still alive, he knew that his family members didn't flee to Mexico voluntarily.

"I knew there was more to this. I knew they didn't walk away," he said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2013, 11:52:03 AM »

This person might be one of the three suspects mentioned by Joseph McStay's father in the article above.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508766/Mystery-McStay-money-Family-dead-barely-afford-rent-despite-100k-bank.html

EXCLUSIVE - Mystery of the McStay family money: Missing couple found dead in a shallow grave with their children could 'barely afford' cheap rent months before vanishing with $100k in the bank
PUBLISHED: 09:37 EST, 17 November 2013  | UPDATED: 17:50 EST, 17 November 2013

Joseph's business dealings have come under scrutiny in the past in relation to his disappearance.

Back in 2010 CBS News claimed detectives were looking into his association with an ex con called Chase Merritt.

The former metal worker and welder was Joseph's business partner and he was one of the first people to notice the family were missing

Department of Corrections records show Merritt served time in prison for a burglary conviction in 1978. He was then sent back to prison in 1987 for receiving stolen property, according to State records.

An acquaintance who knew Merritt in the 1980s told CBS News 8 he has a checkered past.

'I think police should look at him and anyone associated with him,' the female acquaintance said. She asked not to be identified.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2013, 04:52:32 AM »

Families like this are murdered when the father is involved with drug dealers, happened here in 2006.. Same type of family

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2013, 01:20:08 AM »

Video at the link

http://ktla.com/2013/11/20/memorial-planned-for-mcstay-family-at-site-where-remains-were-found/#axzz2lFvAvbcY

Crosses Erected for McStays at Site Where Remains Were Found
8 hours ago

A small public memorial was held Wednesday afternoon in honor of the McStay family, a couple and their two young sons whose bodies were discovered last week in the Mojave Desert.

Chase Merritt, a friend and business partner of  Joseph McStay, believes he was the last person to speak with McStay the day the family disappeared. He has also been considered a suspect in the case, even taking a lie detector test shortly after the disappearances. in an interview with the Daily Mail, Merritt said, “I don’t want to upset anyone, I just want people to know the truth.”

“The McStay’s were not perfect like some people would have you believe, but they weren’t criminals or drug runners like others have said, they were just a normal family. Well, a normal family other than Joseph, who was the nicest man I have ever known,” Merritt said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2013, 01:32:12 AM »

Video at the link

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/20/us/california-family-killed/

Kin to killers of family found dead in desert: 'You guys are cowards' 
updated 11:23 PM EST, Wed November 20, 2013

Victorville, California (CNN) -- Mike McStay has come to this remote swath of Southern California desert to say goodbye.

To his brother, Joseph McStay. His sister-in-law, Summer. His two nephews, 4-year-old Gianni and 3-year-old Joseph Jr. All four ended up here, in an unincorporated area north of Victorville, in a pair of shallow graves, for reasons no one has been able to explain.

There's no bringing them back. But Mike McStay promises they will get justice, once their killers are found.

"You guys are cowards," he said. "And all of America is coming after you. And we're going to find you. And we're going to prosecute you."

The San Bernardino Sheriff's Department has deemed their deaths homicides, but it did not give a cause in order "to protect the investigation."

"Every available resource will be utilized in this investigation to identify the suspects involved in this heinous crime and bring them to justice," said Sheriff John McMahon.

Their bones gone, large crosses now mark the spot where the McStays ended up. Approaching their makeshift grave for the first time, Mike McStay said what he sees indicates to him that the guilty party knew what they were doing.

"You see how this is kind of sunken down?" he said. "It gives you a little cover from the road. Somebody had to know the area, had to know you needed a four-wheel drive."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mcstay-family-mystery-20131120,0,6776780.story#axzz2lFwZBjZU

Man last phoned by McStay father says he took polygraph test
November 20, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

Chase Merritt, the business partner and friend of Joseph McStay, gave an interview to a British tabloid newspaper, saying that he wanted to speak out to help catch the McStay family's killer.

The McStay family vanished without a trace in 2010. Their remains were discovered last week and San Bernardino County Sheriff's officials said the family had been killed.

Merritt told the Daily Mail he spent more than an hour with McStay the day he and his family went missing from their home in suburban San Diego County. Merritt, who said he was also the last person McStay called from his cellphone, said he does not know anything that could help solve the family's disappearance.

Speaking to the Daily Mail this week, Merritt said he decided to tell his story now -- after years of silence -- because he wants to help find the family's killer.

"Now things have changed," Merritt told the British tabloid. "It is not about finding them, it’s about finding the people who did this, and if anything I say can help jog someone’s memory or offer some clue, then I’ll be happy."

Merritt and McStay ran a fountain-making business. He told the Daily Mail that in 2010, business was better than ever and their company had just landed a lucrative foreign contract.

He said he and McStay had lunch in Rancho Cucamonga the day McStay went missing; they talked on the phone several times later in the day. He said he ignored a call from McStay about 8:30 that evening because he was in the middle of watching a movie.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:21 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510247/Prime-suspect-McStay-murder-mystery-breaks-silence.html

EXCLUSIVE - Best friend, business partner and suspect: Man who was last to see McStay father alive breaks silence to reveal new clues in mystery murder of family who vanished
PUBLISHED: 20:20 EST, 19 November 2013  | UPDATED: 06:26 EST, 20 November 2013
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510247/Prime-suspect-McStay-murder-mystery-breaks-silence.html

EXCLUSIVE - Best friend, business partner and suspect: Man who was last to see McStay father alive breaks silence to reveal new clues in mystery murder of family who vanished

Thanks grace-land! That was a very interesting story! alot of insight plus stuff i did not know...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »

Thanks grace-land! That was a very interesting story! alot of insight plus stuff i did not know...

You're welcome, flamom!  It was an interesting story...and informative.  Hopefully, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department will do a thorough investigation and find answers/evidence in this perplexing case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »

Photos at the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511190/Mystery-digger-track-marks-McStay-family-grave-site.html

EXCLUSIVE: Police investigate mystery 'digger' track marks found at McStay family desert grave site 'left by killer who had local knowledge' as victim's brother insists 'everyone is a suspect'
PUBLISHED: 11:14 EST, 21 November 2013  | UPDATED: 12:03 EST, 21 November 2013

Police are investigating whether killers 'with local knowledge' used a digger to bury the four bodies of the McStay family in desert graves, MailOnline can reveal today.

Two sets of tell-tale track marks – believed to have been made by a small earth moving vehicle - have been found leading directly up to the spot where the remains of Joseph, Summer and their boys Gianni and Joey Jr were discovered last Friday nearly four years after they vanished.

Police are looking at the theory that a digger was used after Joseph’s brother Michael visited the site yesterday, spotted the markings and called a detective working on the case.

A police spokeswoman told MailOnline: 'Our investigators would not have used heavy lifting machinery during the excavation for fear of damaging evidence. I am glad to hear Mr McStay contacted us with with this information.'

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/business-partner-chase-merritt-says-he-was-last-known-person-to-see-joseph-mcstay-alive

Business partner Chase Merritt says he was last known person to see Joseph McStay alive
Posted: 11/21/2013
Last Updated: 16 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO - The man who was the last known person to see Joseph McStay alive claims he was considered a suspect by San Diego County sheriff's investigators after the McStay family's disappearance nearly four years ago.

Chase Merritt also said he expects to be scrutinized again now that the bodies of the family were found buried in the desert near Victorville.

10News contacted Patrick McStay, Joseph's father, who said, "In no way do I suspect Chase."

McStay said his son spoke highly of Merritt.

10News contacted the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department to see if they consider Merritt a suspect now that they are handling the investigation. A department representative said although investigators do plan to re-interview some people, they would not say whom nor would they reveal the names of any suspects.

Patrick McStay said he has given the names of three suspects with criminal histories to investigators and hopes they follow up.

"These guys, San Bernardino's, got a tough job ahead of them," said McStay. "I've been screaming for four years. All I want is a new investigation, a complete, thorough, competent investigation, take it out of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. Give me a new investigation. That's what I've been saying, well, unfortunately, under these circumstances I've got that, so let's let them do their job, let's see what they come up with. If they screw it up, I'll be out there screaming just like I was over in San Diego.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »

This family has been on my mind off and on. Lately it has been most of the time...
then I start wondering..
They disappeared sometime after that last 8:30pmish phone call..
but it could have been into the next day, the wee am hours.
They were taken as a family..
The father was bound by an electricsl cord.
The brother found tracks at the recovery site from heavy equipment they now suspect dug the shallow graves.
He was getting his fountains from Mexico..was he unwittingly used by someone who came a calling?
His friend seems credible to me, same with the brother. what a cold SOB you have to be to kill a child. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Officials-ID-Remains-of-McStay-Children-233098091.html

Officials ID Remains of McStay Children
Friday, Nov 22, 2013  |  Updated 5:54 PM PST

Officials have confirmed the remains of two children found in the desert in Victorville, Calif., are, in fact, the missing McStay children of San Diego County.

At 3:30 p.m. Friday, the California Department of Justice DNA Lab notified the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Coroner Division that the remains have been positively identified as 4-year-old Gianni McStay and 3-year-old Joseph Mateo McStay.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2013, 11:08:16 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/nov/23/mcstay-friend-chase-merritt-speaks-out/

Friend hopes McStay killers found
noon Nov. 23, 2013

San Bernardino County sheriff’s investigators have classified the case a homicide and taken it over from sheriff’s investigators in San Diego County and the FBI.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff in San Bernardino said Friday that the department now has all of the evidence gathered thus far, including the family’s Isuzu Trooper, which was found in San Ysidro four days after the family disappeared.

Joseph McStay’s mother said on Friday that she wanted to thank everyone who has reached out to offer condolences since authorities announced on Nov. 15 that the remains found in the desert were of her son and his family.

“We are getting so many emails from other countries and states,” Susan Blake said. “It’s mind-boggling how many people were touched and loved by this family.”

Blake said she was also grateful to a Victor Valley group that put up four crosses at the Mojave Desert site where the remains were found. The crosses went up Wednesday on what would have been Joseph McStay’s 44th birthday.

“That really touched my heart, especially on my son’s birthday,” she said.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

IMO, there has to be a drug connection.  It's just sad they all had to die for it, especially the kids. 

It is all so incredibly sad....and hinky ....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »

I hope that LE is investigating thoroughly the person who threatened Summer and Joseph over the CPS investigation....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2013, 06:30:25 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24256729/mcstay-murder-mystery-who-is-vick-johansen

McStay murder mystery: Who is Vick Johansen?

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 7:44 PM EST

Updated: Dec 19, 2013 8:59 AM EST

By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - email

Video Report By Phil Blauer, Anchor/Reporter - bio | email

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (CBS Cool -- Before Joseph and Summer McStay and their two sons, Gianni and Joey, Jr., went missing from their Fallbrook home in February of 2010, the family lived in the beach community of San Clemente.

The remains of the family of four were discovered buried in the desert near Victorville last month. No one has been arrested and no suspects have been named.

Summer Martelli met Joseph McStay in 2004, when she lived with her boyfriend in the Southern California mountain community of Big Bear Lake.

The boyfriend, an ex-marine named Vick Wyatt Johansen, had purchased the Big Bear home – located at 796 Conklin Road – in 2002 for $226,000, property records show.

Email records obtained by McStay family members indicate that Summer met Joseph McStay and became pregnant with their first son, Gianni, while she was living in Big Bear in 2004.

Johansen added Summer's name to property records associated with the Big Bear Lake home in January 2005. He quit claimed the home to Summer Martelli one year later in January 2006.

Court records reveal Johansen made criminal threats against a neighbor and her 12-year-old daughter in 2004, while Johansen was living in Big Bear with Summer Martelli.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »

http://ktla.com/2013/12/20/mcstay-family-memorial-set-for-jaunary-4/#axzz2oRPGpjpB

McStay Family Memorial Set For Jaunary 4

• See bio, contact info, and more articles from KTLA 5 Web Staff   
4 days ago
by KTLA 5 Web Staff

From the McStay Family Website.

Location for the McStay Family Memorial will be Vineyard Community Church:
27632 El Lazo Road
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/12/20/mcstay-family-memorial-set-for-jaunary-4/#ixzz2oRWoxPb0

Church Ceremony starts at 12pm Noon January 4, 2014 seating is limited.

Paddle out at San Clemente Pier 2pm 1/4/14 afternoon. There will be a beach ceremony to release four leis symbolizing each of the McStay family members Joseph, Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr released into the ocean.

There will be Orchids to release and Candles to light as well.

Please join us in honoring the true essence of the McStay Family who loved the beach, ocean, and others.

OC Sheriff will be helping with traffic abatement at the San Clemente Pier as parking and access may be congested.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/12/20/mcstay-family-memorial-set-for-jaunary-4/#ixzz2oRXRUxsK

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24277118/mcstay-murder-mystery-who-is-dan-kavanaugh

McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 8:46 PM EST

Updated: Dec 24, 2013 11:39 AM EST

By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - email

Video Report By Phil Blauer, Anchor/Reporter - bio | email

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS Cool -- Joseph McStay, 40, his wife Summer McStay, 43, and their two sons, Gianni, 5, and Joey, Jr., 4, went missing from their Fallbrook home in February 2010.

It would be almost four years before the skeletal remains of the family were discovered in shallow graves near Victorville on November 11.

Within a week of the family's disappearance in 2010, large sums of money started being transferred out of Joseph McStay's business bank account.

Where was the money going? Who was transferring it and why?

CBS News 8 caught up with the employee who admitted to his involvement in some of those transactions.

At first, Dan Kavanaugh, 32, was reluctant to talk about his former employer, Joseph McStay, when a CBS News 8 camera crew came knocking at his apartment door in Little Italy.

"No news questions right now bud, sorry, can't do it," said Kavanaugh.

A web designer by trade, Kavanaugh had been in charge of developing the online presence for Earth Inspired Products, Joseph McStay's custom fountain design and manufacturing business.

Eventually, Kavanaugh opened up to CBS News 8, denying that he had anything to do with the family's disappearance or murder.

Kavanaugh said he was in Oahu, Hawaii on a surfing trip at the time the family went missing.

"I was in Hawaii. You guys know that, right?" said Kavanaugh as he stood in the threshold of his apartment.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.