April 24, 2024, 05:42:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horror and Anxiety Over Tea Party Politics  (Read 1505 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 26, 2010, 02:52:32 AM »

Unemployment is still staggeringly high. The federal deficit is larger than ever. The stimulus package has stimulated very little. The bogus bailouts merely allowed the millionaire bankers to continue to allocate millions of dollars in bonuses and the poorly-run car companies to continue to produce sub-par vehicles.

Obama recently added fuel to the fire with his comments by saying he admired the banking executives.

“First of all, I know both those guys. They are very saavy businessmen,” he said when asked by Bloomberg BusinessWeek for his opinion on Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfeld’s $9 million dollar bonus and JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon’s $17 million bonus.

“Of course there are some baseball players that are making more than that and they don’t get to the World Series either,” he added.

Two problems with this comparison are that athletes and professional sports inspire passion and joy, while bankers and banking incite anger and contempt. More importantly, American tax dollars aren’t being used to subsidize the multi-million dollar salaries of athletes.

Considering all this it becomes easy to understand the growing discontent with not only this administration but also the entire democratic process in American politics.

Why isn't the Obama administration following the money and finding out why it all disappeared in the middle of the night in 2008?  How does money just disappear?

Who helped change the rules so Americans got stuck with the bill?  Are reverse mortgages and GinnieMae next?

Why would taxpayers have to provide financial backing for reverse mortgages?

...Unions, corporations and big business have hijacked the American political system, subverted the democratic process and are now essentially dictating policy. The American public is not being fairly represented by its government, the system is failing and the people should absolutely be concerned. I am.

What about everyday Americans?  Who's looking out for them?

While I do not believe we will necessarily see an armed uprising or a rash of domestic terrorism, fundamentally I must fear any group that is both heavily armed and willing to pay hundreds of dollars a head to hear Sarah Palin speak.

How would the author know that millions of Tea Party folks are heavily armed? 

Any violence at Tea Party events?  Trash?  Litter?

read more here - http://www.thecorsaironline.com/opinion/horror-and-anxiety-over-tea-party-politics-1.1175411

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.