April 18, 2024, 07:59:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dictatorship by 51 votes  (Read 1325 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »

I remember the nice young people I met in the year prior to the presidential election.

They were filled with stories about the founders being old white men, and the fact that sometimes, things don't get done because our government isn't ruled by the simple majority = 51 votes.

The 60 vote rule from want I recall was established to protect the rights of minorities, and smaller political parties.  The founders wanted to ensure that there was broad consensus on important legislation that affects our entire nation.

Was 51 votes intended to point a gun at the head of the nation?  24 state Senators that may want to vote no?

Is it easier to bribe and corrupt a simple majority of 51?  Or 60?

Should all states fail and become enslaved to 26?

What's the next thing to be pushed through with 51 votes?

Amnesty?  Open borders?  Destruction of the electoral college?   Fraud elections?  Given everyone a vote everywhere?

The entire nation ruled by a few states with large populations?  Large populations of illegals?  Welfare magnet states?

What happened to state rights?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:18:16 PM »

Look what the gay population has done with a majority vote in California.

This is the self centered generation that wants change.. the change that suits there immediate desire with no consideration for anyone past them.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.