April 26, 2024, 04:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511542 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 10:45:53 AM »

Live*Learn*Love, Godspeed for you and all of the searchers today.  I hope the rain has subsided to make it less dangerous for searching.  Praying for you all.

I realized when I started this thread that I have the name of the area spelled wrong.  It should be Rancho Bernardo.  Not sure if it matters but wanted to point it out.
The rain has let up, there shouldn't be any today according to the report, but it sure looks like it is going to rain 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

Live*Learn*Love

Please get pictures and post them.
Thank You
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »

Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, spoke to the media yesterday from the Chelsea King Search Center in Rancho Bernardo.

Amber's mom Carrie and Kelly met yesterday..
They look like sisters..

In a very sad way .. Now they are.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

Search-and-rescue personnel trudged through a section of Lake Hodges yesterday looking for signs of missing Poway teenager Chelsea King. Sheriff Bill Gore said the search is focusing on the lake and feeder creeks after the ground search turned up empty.

A massive search for Poway teenager Chelsea King continued last night in what San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore called an unprecedented law enforcement response to a missing-person case, as more than a thousand volunteers offered a staggering show of support.

Search-and-rescue volunteers and divers from throughout Southern California will be out again this morning scouring Lake Hodges for evidence that might lead to the 17-year-old, who went missing Thursday afternoon from Rancho Bernardo Community Park. More than 50 investigators are expected to be involved.

Meanwhile, Brent and Kelly King, Chelsea’s parents, said they were overwhelmed both by the circumstances and the outpouring of community concern.

At a midday news conference yesterday, Brent King urged everyone to stay strong.

“I just want to thank every single person who is showing up here to help us find our daughter,” he said. “It’s a reflection of what kind of person she is and what kind of a community we live in. She’s the kind of kid that everybody loves, and it shows.”

After an intensive hunt through the hills and trails around the park, which borders the southern shores of Lake Hodges, search teams yesterday concentrated on the lake and the creeks that feed into it.

Gore said the focus changed after an unsuccessful sweep of the ground, combined with helicopter searches using infrared equipment.

“We have not with our searches found Chelsea in the open areas,” Gore said.

As of late last night, more than 100 searchers were still in the area.

Chelsea, a Poway High School senior and an avid runner, drove to the park after school Thursday to go for a run. Her parents reported her missing when she didn’t come home by 6 p.m. The teen’s locked car was found in the park’s parking lot Thursday evening.

Gore said he met with Chelsea’s parents yesterday morning to brief them on the investigation.

“This is obviously very tough for them,” Gore said. “It’s the unknown that’s so stressful and traumatic in something like this.”

In a business park on Bernardo Plaza Court, about two miles from the park, hundreds of volunteers packed the Chelsea King Search Center yesterday. Hundreds more were turned away as lines wrapped around the center and traffic clogged nearby streets.

The volunteers just wanted to help in some way.

In addition to thanking community members, the Kings expressed appreciation to law enforcement for all its efforts.

“We’re going to find her,” Brent King said.

“Our daughter is the kind of kid that has such a forward view of life. In her bathroom, she has all sorts of sayings that she has put up to remind her who she is and what she wants to be.

“I pulled one off her bathroom wall this morning. It’s from Virgil. It says, ‘They can because they think they can.’ We think we can bring her back. We need to go find her. Please continue to do what you’re doing.”

Gore said many items have been found since the search began, but he declined to be specific or say whether anything spotted in the brush or water might be useful.

The Texas-based Laura Recovery Center, which assists searches for children nationwide, helped organize the volunteer effort. Yesterday, hundreds of people fanned out to nearby communities to knock on doors, distribute fliers and search open areas beyond where law enforcement is concentrating.

Among the volunteers was Maurice Dubois, whose daughter, Amber, disappeared more than a year ago while walking to school in Escondido. She was 14 at the time.

All over the Poway, Rancho Bernardo and Rancho Peñasquitos area, Chelsea’s photo has been posted in business windows, and her disappearance is the main topic of conversation.

Gore said the investigation into Chelsea’s disappearance is not limited to search-and-rescue efforts. Many avenues are being explored and many scenarios are still viewed as possible, he said.

One such avenue is a possible connection between Chelsea’s case and an attack on a female jogger in the same area Dec. 27. That victim was tackled by a man on a jogging path but escaped after hitting her attacker in the face with her elbow.

Gore said authorities are exploring any possible connection with the Amber Dubois case and are checking numerous reports of suspicious people seen in the park in recent weeks.

He said interviews with Chelsea’s friends, family and teachers reveal nothing in her background that is suspicious.

“We’d all like to have her as our daughter,” Gore said.

At the search center yesterday, many people hugged and cried. Several said they were drawn there because they didn’t know what else to do.

“This is every parent’s nightmare,” said Gina Storr, whose son is a senior at Poway High and a friend of Chelsea’s.

“Even though I don’t know her parents, I can feel what they’re going through. This could be any of us. You just want to do whatever you can and show support, and hopefully we can bring her home safely.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/massive-effort-made-to-find-girl/
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 12:03:25 PM »

Lake hodges photos from Ambers search..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »

More pictures here..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2010/feb/27/search-chelsea-king/
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »

TY for all the great pics; adding them to the pb.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2010, 12:54:26 PM »

Thank-you so much for the pictures. The look on Chelsea's mom's face  how horribly sad.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »

I do hope that behind the scenes ... That the POLICE are and have been treating this as an ABDUCTION or MURDER and have covered there bases like Gas Station video surveillance before it is gone and Cameras located in intersections and at convenience stores and looking at suspicious vehicles like WHITE VANS and RED CREW CAB PICK UPS, like the one located at the WALMART incident that they HAVE NOT CAUGHT even though they have perfect photos and vehicle on VIDEO.

WAKE UP LE IN SAN DIEGO to LOS ANGELES AREA !!!  This area of our nation has way to many unsolved attempted abductions that have led to real ones in my humble opinion..

I am so frustrated with just everything.. from how average people act to how LE acts anymore.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »

Just quickly checking in this morning. So sad...the look on the moms face, my goodness just rips at my heart. How on earth do these parents manage to take their next breath. I wish I could be 1/2 as strong as a person.

That is so nice of Ambers parents to help out. I am sure it makes their own pain more intense. What great people they are.

Thank you for the pics and updates
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »

I do hope that behind the scenes ... That the POLICE are and have been treating this as an ABDUCTION or MURDER and have covered there bases like Gas Station video surveillance before it is gone and Cameras located in intersections and at convenience stores and looking at suspicious vehicles like WHITE VANS and RED CREW CAB PICK UPS, like the one located at the WALMART incident that they HAVE NOT CAUGHT even though they have perfect photos and vehicle on VIDEO.

WAKE UP LE IN SAN DIEGO to LOS ANGELES AREA !!!  This area of our nation has way to many unsolved attempted abductions that have led to real ones in my humble opinion..

I am so frustrated with just everything.. from how average people act to how LE acts anymore.

I totally agree with you, I live in Orange County, know exactly what you are saying. After looking at tons of pics of this area, I'm assuming the mountain lion attacking absolutely didn't happen, but if she were running near some of the water, is it at all possible she could have tripped and fell in? Just a thought, I can feel that is not what happened, but one never knows, bizarre accidents do happen. One of our friends had one, fell off a bike and hit his head on the only rock that was around and died.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »

WATTS UP WITH THIS???
MAKING NEWS AND BREAKING NEWS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BREAKING: SPORTS BRA FOUND; MAY BELONG TO CHELSEA KING
February 28, 2010 by Steph
Police have just retrieved articles of clothing, including a sprots bra, believed linked to missing 17 year old jogger Chelsea King. Police have focused the search on a particular area inside Rancho Bernardo Community Park just ouside of San Diego. Chelsea dissapeared last Thursday, after heading for the park to go on a run. Her car was found inside the park.

Because of the heavy rains police believe the sports bra may have been swept away from its actual location, so the search area is being expanded well beyond the area the sports bra was located in.
Stay tuned. I have unprecedented access to the search and will be blogging from the scene.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »

I totally agree with you, I live in Orange County, know exactly what you are saying. After looking at tons of pics of this area, I'm assuming the mountain lion attacking absolutely didn't happen, but if she were running near some of the water, is it at all possible she could have tripped and fell in? Just a thought, I can feel that is not what happened, but one never knows, bizarre accidents do happen. One of our friends had one, fell off a bike and hit his head on the only rock that was around and died.

I was thinking about this as well. I would hope they have walked all of the trails that one could take? She could have had an accident and gotten hurt.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

WATTS UP WITH THIS???
MAKING NEWS AND BREAKING NEWS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BREAKING: SPORTS BRA FOUND; MAY BELONG TO CHELSEA KING
February 28, 2010 by Steph
Police have just retrieved articles of clothing, including a sprots bra, believed linked to missing 17 year old jogger Chelsea King. Police have focused the search on a particular area inside Rancho Bernardo Community Park just ouside of San Diego. Chelsea dissapeared last Thursday, after heading for the park to go on a run. Her car was found inside the park.

Because of the heavy rains police believe the sports bra may have been swept away from its actual location, so the search area is being expanded well beyond the area the sports bra was located in.
Stay tuned. I have unprecedented access to the search and will be blogging from the scene.

Oh gosh that is not good
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »

NRCG where did you read that from? Was it a news site or another forum?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »

I just saw that on InSessions.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 02:13:56 PM »

Oh, wow that just really makes me want to vomit...I am praying and praying they do not find her body, but this is not looking good is it?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »

Oh, wow that just really makes me want to vomit...I am praying and praying they do not find her body, but this is not looking good is it?
No it is not, and isn't that Watts guy, I think his first name is Stef or something like that, didn't he use to work for Greta and we saw his name a lot in the Haleigh case?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »

Oh gosh I don't know, I don't post or read that case.

ArmChair posted something interesting in the Amber thread, did you read it? She included that both cases happened around senior living centers and suggested maybe a worker could have something to do with it? Long shot but it is interesting. Amber walked by a set of Apartments everyday to and from school and this girl was said to use the trails at this park quite often.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2010, 02:25:56 PM »

Oh gosh I don't know, I don't post or read that case.

ArmChair posted something interesting in the Amber thread, did you read it? She included that both cases happened around senior living centers and suggested maybe a worker could have something to do with it? Long shot but it is interesting. Amber walked by a set of Apartments everyday to and from school and this girl was said to use the trails at this park quite often.
I will go look and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.