April 26, 2024, 02:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511488 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1280 on: March 04, 2010, 11:15:11 PM »

Somewhere in Ambers thread there is a story of an attempted abduction by a man in a white truck with ladders on the side. Anyone recall that? I can't find it. I think they said the man was hispanic but I want to confirm that.

I don't remember where the story is but I know that it was in Rancho Santa Fe California. And by the way, you and klaas have nanners.

I remember the story well...I know I saw news reports of it and I think it was posted in Ambers thread, it would have been the week before Chelsea went missing.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1281 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/22747383/detail.html

Neighbors Unaware Of Gardner's Sex Offender Status

POSTED: 5:38 pm PST March 4, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 pm PST March 4, 2010

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Residents at the Rock Springs apartment complex in Escondido expressed shock after learning the man charged with the rape and slaying of Chelsea King was recently their neighbor.

Neighbors told 10News John Gardner lived in the complex until January of this year and that children lived just inches away.

"It's just scary to know that he's a sex offender not knowing that he was around our apartment complex," said former neighbor Victor Valadez.

Several residents -- many with children -- all said Gardner lived with a woman they believed was his girlfriend, along with two young boys.

Neighbors said they thought the children were Gardner's sons, but did not know for sure. They told 10News there was constant yelling and screaming coming from his apartment.

Alicia Morales lived directly across from Gardner and said the violent arguing prompted her to do some digging. She said she found Gardner's photo on the Megan's Law Web site and immediately warned her neighbors.

Armando Reyes and his family lived next door to Gardner and said when word spread about his past, Gardner approached him and said the photo was a mistake and that he "had nothing to worry about."

Shortly after, however, Gardner moved out, according to residents.

The next time the residents saw him was after his arrest in the death of Chelsea King.

Gardner registered as a sex offender in Lake Elsinore on January 7, 10News learned.

The staff at the Rock Springs apartment complex said they never noticed any suspicious activity coming from Gardner's apartment. They also said they were unaware he was a sex offender.

In the newspaper today, one neighbor said she saw teenagers (boys and girls) frequently going in and out of Gardners apartment.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Rancho-Santa-Fe-Child-Abduction-Attempts/QteQtNy6GUWiXBlQuhMIEA.cspx

Rancho Santa Fe Child Abduction Attempts

Reported by: Antonio Castelan
Email: antonio.castelan@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 2/19 12:04 am

RANCHO SANTA FE - On Thursday, investigators released a sketch of a man suspected of trying to lure children into his truck in the Rancho Santa Fe area. Sheriff deputies say already three separate times this week the suspect tried to pick up either a girl or boy.

The attempted child kidnappings happened near the 6200 block of Paseo Delicias in Rancho Santa Fe.

Stacey Feinberg talks about the alert she received from her daughter's school. Her daughter, Bailey, is a second grader at Rancho Santa Fe elementary. Teachers put out a warning of a man trying to lure kids into his truck.

Feinberg said,  "I was shocked, because we moved to this beautiful little hamlet because we didn't think things like this happened."

Officers say a man driving a white truck tried to pick up some girls ranging from the ages of 8 to 10 years old from their driveways.  In another attempt the man reportedly drove his truck right up next to a girl while she was in a crosswalk. Now Feinberg has made the message clear to her child: stay away from strangers.

Feinberg said,  "No matter what anybody says to you, wave, smiles, 'come on over -- I have candy -- help me find my puppy' --  if it's a stranger, you don't go near them."

Witnesses describe the suspect as a Latino man in his thirties to fifties.  He has a thin mustache with large glasses. The suspect drives a white truck with ladders on the sides.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: March 04, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »

Somewhere in Ambers thread there is a story of an attempted abduction by a man in a white truck with ladders on the side. Anyone recall that? I can't find it. I think they said the man was hispanic but I want to confirm that.

I don't remember where the story is but I know that it was in Rancho Santa Fe California. And by the way, you and klaas have nanners.

I remember the story well...I know I saw news reports of it and I think it was posted in Ambers thread, it would have been the week before Chelsea went missing.

This one?  It fits his MO.

Woman escapes kidnap attempt in CamarilloSaturday, March 28, 2009
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Officers are on extra patrols in an upscale Camarillo neighborhood after a woman escaped an attempted kidnapping.

The woman was walking in the neighborhood of million dollar homes when she was confronted by the suspect.

The 24-year-old victim told investigators that she couldn't sleep and decided to go for a walk in the neighborhood near Worth Way and Castillo De Rosas around 2 a.m. Saturday. As she was walking the suspect drove up in a truck and asked for directions.

"She started giving him directions to the gas station, and all of a sudden he got out of the truck and grabbed her by the arm and tried to pull her," said Sgt. Steve Sagely of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.

Officers said as the two struggled another car drove up and scared the suspect off. The suspect's vehicle is described as an older model American pickup truck with an extended cab and a large toolbox in the back.

Investigators said the suspect is a white male in his late 20s about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with short brown hair.

Anyone who recognizes the person in the police sketch is asked to call the Ventura County Sheriff's Department at (805) 654-9511.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/ventura_county&id=6734107
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2010, 11:29:58 PM »

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Residents at the Rock Springs apartment complex in Escondido expressed shock after learning the man charged with the rape and slaying of Chelsea King was recently their neighbor.

Neighbors told 10News John Gardner lived in the complex until January of this year and that children lived just inches away.

"It's just scary to know that he's a sex offender not knowing that he was around our apartment complex," said former neighbor Victor Valadez.

Several residents -- many with children -- all said Gardner lived with a woman they believed was his girlfriend, along with two young boys.

Neighbors said they thought the children were Gardner's sons, but did not know for sure. They told 10News there was constant yelling and screaming coming from his apartment.

Alicia Morales lived directly across from Gardner and said the violent arguing prompted her to do some digging. She said she found Gardner's photo on the Megan's Law Web site and immediately warned her neighbors.

Armando Reyes and his family lived next door to Gardner and said when word spread about his past, Gardner approached him and said the photo was a mistake and that he "had nothing to worry about."

The next time the residents saw him was after his arrest in the death of Chelsea King.

Gardner registered as a sex offender in Lake Elsinore on January 7, 10News learned.

The staff at the Rock Springs apartment complex said they never noticed any suspicious activity coming from Gardner's apartment. They also said they were unaware he was a sex offender.

In the newspaper today, one neighbor said she saw teenagers (boys and girls) frequently going in and out of Gardners apartment.

I'm confused about where he was living.  There is his moms townhouse, the house in Lake Elsinore and also the apartment on Rock Springs....right?  So is the neighbor talking about the Rock Springs apartment?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:57 PM »

The article also said...Garner lived on one of the apartments/townlouses and moved into another one. The time frame would have been after Amber went missing. That makes me think that the apartment he moved out of should be checked for Ambers dna. Maybe he took her there or maybe there is something connecting him.

http://nctimes.com/news/local/poway/article_ef67182e-e46e-5a9a-b66f-f1ade971a31e.html

Suspect lived in Escondido as recently as January

Neighbors say he had teens over for video games
By CHRIS NICHOLS - cnichols@nctimes.com | Posted: March 3, 2010 11:05 pm | (28) Comments  | Print
he registered sex offender charged with raping and killing a Poway teen last week invited teenage boys and girls to play video games at the Escondido apartment complex where he lived as recently as January, next-door neighbors said Wednesday.

"It's just really scary," said Monica Maldonado, who said she lived next door to John Albert Gardner III at the Rock Springs East complex for about five or six months last year. "Maybe if I had known (that Gardner was a sex offender) I would have called the police when I saw those kids hanging around there."

"I saw kids coming and going," added another neighbor, who said she lived in an apartment above Gardner for nearly nine months until late December or early January. She estimated the teens were between 16 and 18 years old.
The neighbors said they provided the same information Tuesday to Escondido police detectives.

John Gardner's time in Escondido, plus his sexual assault history, has fueled speculation he may be responsible not only for the slaying of Chelsea King of Poway, but also the disappearance of Amber Dubois of Escondido.

Authorities say they have not established a firm link between Gardner and Amber, who was 14 when she vanished Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to class at Escondido High School.

Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said Wednesday his agency contacted Gardner "no less than eight times" during the two years he lived in the city, including two months after Amber went missing.

Carter, however, would not say whether Gardner was contacted specifically about Amber's disappearance or characterize any of the eight contacts. He did say that Gardner had been visited by police the month before and the month after Amber vanished.
Carter, however, would not say whether Gardner was contacted specifically about Amber's disappearance or characterize any of the eight contacts. He did say that Gardner had been visited by police the month before and the month after Amber vanished.

Carter said he would not be more specific about his agency's monitoring of Gardner because San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis requested all information related to Gardner be directed through her office, even information about Gardner from two years ago.

"We don't want to overstep on their case," the lieutenant said.

A spokesman for the district attorney's office, Paul Levikow, would not comment on the matter.
Carter did say that specially trained Escondido police officers make impromptu checks on sex offenders in the city. He said it was his understanding that the department is not required to make those checks.

He noted that of the 192 registered sex offenders in the city, all but two are accounted for, adding that some leave the city without providing his agency with a new address.

Gardner is being held without bail after pleading not guilty Wednesday to the rape and murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King. A body believed to be that of the Poway High School senior was found Tuesday in a shallow grave near Lake Hodges.

Following Gardner's arraignment in San Diego Superior Court, Maurice "Moe" Dubois, Amber's father, spoke about the two cases during a press conference at the downtown courthouse.

He said Amber's family feels there's a strong chance Gardner took their loved one.

"In our hearts, we don't want to accept that," he said, wearing a button with Amber's picture pinned to his dark suit. "We are going to keep searching for Amber. We think she's still alive."

Moe Dubois added that Escondido police and the Sheriff's Department, the lead agency on the Chelsea King case, were working "hand in hand" to determine whether there's a link.

Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said in a phone interview Wednesday that Escondido police have not specified whether Gardner was interrogated about Amber or whether they simply contacted him as part of their regular checks on sex offenders.

"I don't want him to be the guy because that means I have to bury my daughter," McGonigle said.

She said volunteers aiding in her daughter's search staked out Gardner's Rock Springs East apartment last year but never saw him there. She said Amber's family created a list of all sex offenders in the area to keep tabs on them.

McGonigle said she hoped police would take a closer look at all sex offenders, not just Gardner.

Later Wednesday evening, McGonigle appeared on the "Larry King Live" television show in Los Angeles. She said "the possibility is great" that her daughter was taken by Gardner.

She added that she "wants closure."

Escondido police said last year they had interviewed sex offenders in the area as part of their investigation into Amber's disappearance. Carter, the Escondido lieutenant, could not say Wednesday whether all sex offenders in the city had been interviewed regarding Amber.

Residents at the Rock Springs East complex said Gardner has two young sons and would often fight with their mother, who moved out and took the two boys. A girlfriend later moved in and loud fights continued, they said.

They said they noted that he changed apartments at the complex at some point in 2009.

April Henry, manager at Rock Springs East, would not comment about Gardner or whether tenants at the complex were informed about Gardner's history as a sex offender.

The neighbor who lived above him said she found out about Gardner's history online and notified a neighbor with children. That written notice was later copied and circulated by some tenants, she said.

She added that Gardner moved out of the Escondido complex in late December 2009 or early January 2010.

The state's sex offender registry listed Gardner most recently as a Lake Elsinore-area resident. His parents, until this week, lived in a Rancho Bernardo townhome.

Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Bruce Smith, with the Riverside County Sexual Assault Felony Task Force, said Gardner registered as a sex offender at the Lake Elsinore address on Jan. 7 this year. No one visited the home to verify his residency, Smith said.

Call staff writer Chris Nichols at 760-740-5426.

Posted in Poway on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:05 pm Updated: 11:31 pm. | Tags: Top, Inland, Nct, News, Poway, Blotter, Chelsea King
Share This Story

Discuss Print Email ShareThis
Similar Stories

* POWAY: King family sees daughter as catalyst for change
    * POWAY: Chelsea King's family establishes new Facebook page
    * POWAY: Veteran to prosecute teen's suspected killer
    * POWAY: Student says day an 'emotional roller coaster'
    * POWAY: Gardner assigned experienced defenders
    * POWAY: Body found in Lake Hodges still not officially ID'd
    * REGION: Huge community search effort hits sad end

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1286 on: March 04, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

I'm confused about where he was living.  There is his moms townhouse, the house in Lake Elsinore and also the apartment on Rock Springs....right?  So is the neighbor talking about the Rock Springs apartment?

I could be wrong but I think they are talking Rock Springs in Escondido.  Neighbours of Grannie at Lake Elsinore said he lived there for a while and then would come back at least twice a week to do things around the house recently.  Neighbours of Mom said he lived there and was working on a Cadillac on the drive way.  Maybe he moved around between places?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1287 on: March 04, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »

There are so many white trucks with ladders on the sides in RSF and Escondido and areas around, you can't even imagine.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1288 on: March 04, 2010, 11:46:53 PM »

I still want to know why the O'Reillys have mom's address on their website to mail pictures to for restoration and as their business address and why their name is on Grandma's house?  Who are they?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: March 04, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »

Here's another one that fits his MO.

Attempted kidnapping reported in Oxnard
Posted September 4, 2008 at 11:27 a.m.

An unidentified man allegedly tried to kidnap a teenage girl at gunpoint in Oxnard Wednesday night, police said.

The 17-year-old girl was walking in the area of Gonzales Road and Lantana Street about 10:30 p.m. when a man who appeared to be in his 20s drove up in a pickup truck, pulled a handgun and ordered her into his car, Oxnard police said in a prepared statement.

When she saw the gun, the girl ran away and contacted police.

She was not injured.

Police quickly responded to the scene, but did not locate the man or the small, light colored pickup truck he was driving, according to the release.

The attempted kidnapper was described as having a mustache and wearing a blue checkered flannel shirt and black gloves, police said.

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information about the crime can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Tipsters who give information leading to the arrest of the attempted kidnapper could received up to $1,000.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2008/sep/04/no-headline---nxxfcmorningreport05/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1290 on: March 05, 2010, 12:08:46 AM »

Man tries to kidnap girl on her way home from school
By Brian Day on December 9, 2009 7:50 PM

HACIENDA HEIGHTS -- Sheriff's deputies searched Wednesday for a man who allegedly attempted to kidnap an 11-year-old girl in Hacienda Heights on her way home from school, authorities said.
A man tried to grab the girl walking near the intersection of Countrywood Avenue and Wedgeworth Drive about 2:45 p.m., said Sgt. Hugo Macias. He missed her and the girl ran away, he said.
The heavy-set man in his 30s, possibly 6 feet tall and with a shaved head, was driving a dark green pickup truck, according to the girl's description to authorities.
Authorities are investigating it as an attempted kidnapping, Macias said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's Industry Station at (626) 330-3322.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/2009/12/man-tries-to-kidnap-girl-on-he.html
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:16 AM »

I hope some of those teenagers who went to hang out with Gardner will speak up and say if anything out of the ordinary happens in his apartment. I wonder what school those teenagers went to.

It is always odd to me when a man of 30 hangs out with teenagers. (Unless it is a church group etc.)

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: March 05, 2010, 12:24:57 AM »

*They said they noted that he changed apartments at the complex at some point in 2009.

I find that odd.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1293 on: March 05, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »

A black sedan frequently seen parked in front of John Albert Gardner III's mother's townhouse in Rancho Bernardo has since been towed away by police, according to the news station.

http://www.10news.com/news/22739243/detail.html

I wonder what all they will find in that car.

I think JAG has been very busy in his quest to abduct teenage girls.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1294 on: March 05, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »

Man tries to kidnap girl on her way home from school
By Brian Day on December 9, 2009 7:50 PM

HACIENDA HEIGHTS -- Sheriff's deputies searched Wednesday for a man who allegedly attempted to kidnap an 11-year-old girl in Hacienda Heights on her way home from school, authorities said.
A man tried to grab the girl walking near the intersection of Countrywood Avenue and Wedgeworth Drive about 2:45 p.m., said Sgt. Hugo Macias. He missed her and the girl ran away, he said.
The heavy-set man in his 30s, possibly 6 feet tall and with a shaved head, was driving a dark green pickup truck, according to the girl's description to authorities.
Authorities are investigating it as an attempted kidnapping, Macias said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's Industry Station at (626) 330-3322.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/2009/12/man-tries-to-kidnap-girl-on-he.html

Hacienda Heights is about 1 1/2 hour drive from Escondido.  I'm not saying that there's no way it could be JAG but I wanted you to know it's not very close. 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1295 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:03 AM »

I still want to know why the O'Reillys have mom's address on their website to mail pictures to for restoration and as their business address and why their name is on Grandma's house?  Who are they?

I'm new at this...so hopefully this is how I respond to a specific post!  The phone that is listed with the domain name of Baba Pictures is to Kevin OReilly...the phone number is the California number and the address with it is the Idaho address...so a reverse search of that number gives the Martinel address.  Then, Catherine Osborn's number is also going to that same address.  Catherine is listed a few different times as Catherine Gardner Poppe...showing that Poppe wouldn't be the maiden name (as someone had suggested earlier)...I wonder it's possible that Oreilly could be the maiden name?  Some women keep their married name even when they remarry because their child has it.  It doesn't really seem to fit...maybe she has been married a lot of times?  I know the one post that I found was pointing the finger at his mother...they seemed to know the family...I don't know just a suggestion.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1296 on: March 05, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

With as many places as he lived and moved around in between, he could have had access to several cars. Mom's, grannies, the girl friend, O'reilly's, I hope they check out registered cars to descriptions that some of these abduction attempts have given.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: March 05, 2010, 12:59:19 AM »

I'm new at this...so hopefully this is how I respond to a specific post!  The phone that is listed with the domain name of Baba Pictures is to Kevin OReilly...the phone number is the California number and the address with it is the Idaho address...so a reverse search of that number gives the Martinel address.  Then, Catherine Osborn's number is also going to that same address.  Catherine is listed a few different times as Catherine Gardner Poppe...showing that Poppe wouldn't be the maiden name (as someone had suggested earlier)...I wonder it's possible that Oreilly could be the maiden name?  Some women keep their married name even when they remarry because their child has it.  It doesn't really seem to fit...maybe she has been married a lot of times?  I know the one post that I found was pointing the finger at his mother...they seemed to know the family...I don't know just a suggestion.

I believe we have confirmed from birth records that her maiden name is Osborn.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1298 on: March 05, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »

Have we been able to find any birth records for any of the O'Reillys? We do know for a fact they are different people from the Gardners/Osborns? Don't they seem like perfect people? All college educated, Doctors of psychology and aparently they are so stupid to be involved with a sociopath? I don't buy it, something is off in my opinion.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1299 on: March 05, 2010, 01:14:13 AM »

Another SO off the streets. At Dog Beach a RSO walked up to a 5(?) year old and was rubbing himself. Asked if she would like to see something. The girl ran to her Dad who was standing nearby and the man got his cell phone and videotaped the guy....even got his car (a white van) and liscese. The guy lives in Carlsbad-they arrested him.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.