April 18, 2024, 11:24:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 510978 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »

Can you please post the link to the scanner?

thanks!
TG~ I will blow it if i try to link but go to pg.3 this thread, link by Cartfly
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »

Miz, mid morning today volunteer came by with info about Chelsea. They really have gotten out there fast and furiously!
I thought you probably lived near to that area,  yes, I'm so glad that this has taken front and center. Too many of these things seem to get a small blurb on the news or paper and then  not too much follow up, it leads ya to think it must have gotten solved but later we find out that, no, they didn't find the bad guy(s)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2010, 05:44:01 PM »

Thursday, when I saw the chopper flying by my deck so low, i knew something was up.

The coach was on TV yesterday saying they are told over and over to never go jogging alone. *sigh

In the mothers voice you can hear the heartbreak inside her. And when she said "she's such a good girl", I got all choked up.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »

Can you please post the link to the scanner?

thanks!
TG~ I will blow it if i try to link but go to pg.3 this thread, link by Cartfly

Thanks!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »

Online scanner with search party, scroll down to North San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police Live Scanner. Alot of chatter from search groups.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=219

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »

Online scanner with search party, scroll down to North San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police Live Scanner. Alot of chatter from search groups.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=219

Bump- It is amazing how clear most of it is, although I also wish they would repeat or slow down 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2010, 05:47:11 PM »

Shell have you gone to search?
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »

Sorry Shell...I had to step away for a little while. You found the right feed link to the scanner. I am use to my little county and it is quiet for long periods of time and this one is extremely busy. But I have learned to tell the difference in the search group and regular traffic. The search groups are not very loud compared to regular traffic.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

Thursday, when I saw the chopper flying by my deck so low, i knew something was up.

The coach was on TV yesterday saying they are told over and over to never go jogging alone. *sigh

In the mothers voice you can hear the heartbreak inside her. And when she said "she's such a good girl", I got all choked up.
We get so complacent, everyday seems so like the next. Chelsea probably felt so comfortable in the park, been there a zillion times and never felt threatened but that's exactly what criminals count on. It's sickening.  The parents,...my heart just cracks every time I see them.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »

I had a hard time looking at Chelsea's parents in the videos and photos too. It is truly heartbreaking. I also thought I read in the beginning of the thread that they had moved to California from Illinois in the last year. I imagine that decision to relocate will haunt them forever. ( I dont mean to sound negative but the reality is that this is unlikely to have a happy outcome)

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »

No, I am not physically able to handle it.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »

I had a hard time looking at Chelsea's parents in the videos and photos too. It is truly heartbreaking. I also thought I read in the beginning of the thread that they had moved to California from Illinois in the last year. I imagine that decision to relocate will haunt them forever. ( I dont mean to sound negative but the reality is that this is unlikely to have a happy outcome)

IA, how could you not regret the decision for the rest of their days?  I agree with thre rest of your comment also, if she had been injured due to a fall and was so incapacitated not to yell or be found by now, the cold and rain would have been devastating
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »

So what code are we looking to hear? They are talking in code. Is there a specific code we will hear if they find her? You know you need to have the code list handy, my goodness. They do talk fast too! How can they understand each other.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »

Interesting article. It gives a more detailed glimps of this girl. Apparently she was involved in some kind of peer counseling and also does some tutoring? she also is known to change into running cloths and go for a jog after school in this area.  What I noticed that I think is sort of odd is the two moms kind of look alike. 

http://www.pomeradonews.com/article/News/News/Seach_for_teen_will_continue_through_weekend/32666

The search for 17-year-old Chelsea King will continue through the night and weekend in Rancho Bernardo Community Park’s open space San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said Friday night.
“Obviously, we want a quick end to the search for Chelsea so we can bring her back to her parents,” Gore said.
The lack of clues almost 24 hours after Brent King discovered his daughter’s black BMW in the Rancho Bernardo-Glassman Recreation Center parking lot near the tennis courts around 6:45 p.m. Thursday is concerning, Gore said, “but we’re still optimistic.”
As about 60 search and rescue team members continue to search the park via air and ground, Gore said other investigators are talking to those living in nearby homes. In addition, dive teams have been searching the Lake Hodges shoreline.
 The Laura Recovery Center Foundation is organizing locals who want to help in the search on Saturday. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, bring a valid ID and dress for the weather, said Fiona Oberrick, a foundation member from Sabre Springs. They should also wear comfortable shoes and bring water. They will be sent to assigned areas in groups of 10 to 15 volunteers for two-hour shifts between 1 and 4 p.m., she said.
Volunteers are to meet — rain or shine — at the RB United office, 11858 Bernardo Plaza Court, Suite 200 in Rancho Bernardo. It is behind Citibank. For details, call 858-485-8502.
 The group has conducted such searches “in tandem” with law enforcement before, Oberrick said. These included the search for Danielle Van Dam, the 7-year-old abducted from her Sabre Springs home in 2002, and Amber Dubois, who disappeared while walking to Escondido High in February 2009.
Due to the search for King, all activities in Rancho Bernardo Community Park have been canceled for this weekend, said Teri Adams, the recreation center’s director.
King was last seen around 2 p.m. Thursday at Poway High, where she is a senior. Authorities said it is believed the cross-country team member went to run after school.
In a Friday afternoon press conference, Gore said after King did not come home, her parents called AT&T to locate her cell phone. That’s how her father located her car and then contacted the sheriff’s department.
Gore said it was King’s habit after school to change from school clothes into jogging clothes and run for four to six miles in the RB park and other local areas.

Authorities are also checking the teenager’s home computer and her cell phone, found inside her car with her school clothes.
King’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, along with Gore, spoke at a press conference late Friday morning.
“We’ve been missing our daughter since 6 last night,” Brent King said. “We’vee been provided with every resource available to locate her and are praying (for) Chelsea..”
 The tearful mother said she wanted to thank all the volunteers who are looking for their daughter.
“Please help us bring her home,” she said. “She’s such a good girl.”
The missing teen is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 115 pounds with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.
Thus far, volunteers have devoted their efforts to making and posting fliers throughout Rancho Bernardo and Poway.
Linda Farmer, a Poway Unified budget analyst, said she was one of the volunteers because her daughter is a friend of King.
“I’m very concerned,” Farmer said. “Any time a child is missing is a serious issue.”
Poway High junior Yadira Molina, 17, was among the cross country and track team members who came to the park Friday morning looking for ways to help.
Molina, who learned of her friend’s disappearance Thursday night via Facebook, said she knows King through peer counseling, one of her many activities.
Relative Stephanie Dorian is among the out-of-area family members who have come to comfort King’s parents and 13-year-old brother, Tyler. The family moved to Poway three years ago from Chicago, Ill.
Dorian described King as “a tremendously amazing ... intelligent and resourceful girl.”
Mike Cook, director of instrumental music at Poway High, said, “Chelsea has a very bubbly personality, always smiling.” For the past two years, she has been first chair for the French horn section in the school’s wind symphony, he said.
King has also volunteered at clean-ups and tutors local youth.
Anyone with information about King’s disappearance  is asked to call the San Diego County Sheriff at 858-565-5200.
 Staff Writer Pat Kumpan contributed to this story.

Bolded Underlined by Me (reference to family moving to
California)

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »

No, I am not physically able to handle it.

Oh I am sorry Shell, I didn't know. Do you hear or see any helicopters now? How far away are you from the park?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »

Did you hear them talking about the 3 ladies they had to ask to leave. They were entering the park, maybe to take a stroll in the park (lookie loos I am sure).

I wonder if it is someone who goes to the park, cased it out to see who has a pattern of jogging alone on a schedule. It could be someone who does not look out of place in the area. I wonder how often Chelsea jogged alone. It seems like they said she had a pattern of jogging after school, but I wonder if she usually went with a friend or alone.

mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »

Here's a link to a slide show of pictures from the search.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2010/feb/27/search-chelsea-king/

Thanks, Monkeys, for all of the updates.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

Did you hear them talking about the 3 ladies they had to ask to leave. They were entering the park, maybe to take a stroll in the park (lookie loos I am sure).

I wonder if it is someone who goes to the park, cased it out to see who has a pattern of jogging alone on a schedule. It could be someone who does not look out of place in the area. I wonder how often Chelsea jogged alone. It seems like they said she had a pattern of jogging after school, but I wonder if she usually went with a friend or alone.

I have read 2 different things about if she was usually alone or with others. Considering the coach had to give a warning I would assume it was something the girls did. supposedly she often jogged after school and would use this park often.

I did hear that, I think some people were searching in the park that was not apart of the official search. 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »

So what code are we looking to hear? They are talking in code. Is there a specific code we will hear if they find her? You know you need to have the code list handy, my goodness. They do talk fast too! How can they understand each other.

Well, for one thing, Californians tend to speed talk.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »

I'd say the tone has changed here today. It seems still as resolvedly determined, but now I think it's decidedly less optimistic than it had been. People are trying to remain hopeful but concern is definitely increasing.

It seemed most people, authorities included, were truly hoping she'd be found simply injured from twisting an ankle or something running and just not able to get back out from the trails and would be found, and now that it's been almost 72 hours with (from the Sheriff himself) one of the largest searches of this kind he's seen, that people are fearing that she truly was abducted or encountered someone who did something to/with her.

They had 70+ groups that went out today, with about 15-20 people each, and still plan to go out every morning beginning at 9, though I think they are still stagger starting some teams. As I said, they are apparently restricting access of where most searchers are going, though, and keeping most people in neighborhoods and off of the trails now. Over 35,000 fliers were there to be passed out and posted today by volunteers.

Two helicopters have been up most of the day. The larger one is being used to "ferry" people out to areas further back in the trails, more west of the park, and then having them search from there back in towards the park.

There was a very large concentration of LEO (Sheriffs, SDPD, police from other areas, military, dive team, SAR teams, and apparently still FBI, but those I didn't personally see) out, not only by the park, but also in one particular area further back.

In the area near the waterfall down below Legends neighborhood (visible from the end of Smokesignal) there were several dozen search teams that seemed to be focusing on the trails there, the rocks and waterfall area carefully, and then the finger of the lake that is right there.

It's actually the area near where the other attack/robbery reportedly occurred - basically at Poblado between Moon Song and Smokesignal. There were probably 70+ more searchers in gear (not just the LRC group vests, this was something else), half a dozen or so cop cars, SAR labeled vehicles, and some others that I saw as I went past. They were all waiting to enter the rails there. It was clearly the direction they had a large number of people staging to go in and comb even more, and the trails there are blocked (and, from the looks of it) are likely guarded overnight right now to keep people out.

There is definitely a heavy LEO presence, and Chelsea's disappearance is really the only topic of conversation. You overhear it everywhere - in the store, at restaurants, at church, out shopping, etc. Everyone's sharing stories of what they've done to help - donated food, searched, posted fliers, tied ribbons, gone to prayer vigils, etc. And everyone is definitely holding their children closer.

Photos of some of the above to come in a few minutes.
  (A local on WS who has given good updates and pictures)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.