March 28, 2024, 11:16:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 509556 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1420 on: March 06, 2010, 09:54:29 AM »

If my child was found dead in a park, I would not want the park to bear my childs' name  jmoo

that was my first thought as well.....the constant reminder of why the park was named after her would drive me crazy.................

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: March 06, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »

That is really disturbing, now you have to wonder about the mailman, I have to say I never have in the past. Sometimes we have a woman and then sometimes the usual guy driving around in the mail truck.

Me neither.....thankfully I do KNOW our postman.....living in a small town does have it's advantages

I have been thinking and wanting to DO SOMETHING. I put out SO information at our local parks and at the State Park....yesterday I took my dog for a walk at the state park with a friend (and pepper spray and a personal alarm)... have to admit this is the first time I have been apprehensive about walking the trails. And I am no ta young girl.....I am an old woman. Anyway, the bulletin board where  pit the info on the local SO's had 2 small BLUE ribbons ......I honestly believe those were for Chelsea. So here in rural MO, Chelsea is remembered.

I just emailed the White House and put the link to this story and said CHELSEA DID NOT HAVE TO DIE....I don't know if it will get anyone's attention...but perhaps if a LOT of people did the same thing.....and stated CHELSEA DID NOT HAVE TO DIE, it might get someone's attention.  So anyone interested, here's the address

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

when you send the email you will get a thank you page....perhaps it's a start....if we can get hundreds and thousands of people to email someone in Washington might take notice. m I am posting this info on my facebook and encouraging my friends to email and post the information on their facebook.....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/thank-you

I think it will get a lot of people's attention once they see your headline, especially since our former president's daughter has the same name.   I expect the Secret Service at your house any time now.

so far so good as far as the SS goes.....   ....I hope the headline gets someone's attention....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1422 on: March 06, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »

http://www.10news.com/news/22758580/detail.html

Are Gardner's Parents Liable In King Case?

POSTED: 4:41 pm PST March 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:28 pm PST March 5, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- There are questions concerning the parents of John Gardner and what responsibility -- if any -- they have in the Chelsea King case.

Gardner registered as a sex offender in Lake Elsinore, but he was living at his parents' house in Rancho Bernardo. He was not registered there, and 10News has received a number of calls and e-mails from viewers asking if the parents could be charged with harboring a known sex offender.

According to former district attorney Paul Pfingst, Gardner's parents can't be charged.

"Mr. Gardner has the responsibility of registering with law enforcement. Not his mother, not his father. They are not responsible if he failed to fulfill that obligation, even if they knew it," Pfingst told 10News.

While debate rages over what needs to change to prevent another case like Chelsea King's, Pfingst said more focus is needed on violent sex offenders. He said there are 60,000 registered sex offenders in California, and law enforcement can't possibly keep track of all of them.

"We have to trim the list of that 60,000 down to a number of truly dangerous people and then intensively supervise them," he said.
(snipped)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1424 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »

According to former district attorney Paul Pfingst, Gardner's parents can't be charged.    This is hard for me to swallow, you know your son has his address listed at another address because he is a RSO, but it is okay for him to live at a different address, no it is not  And thank-you for the map, it puts it into a better perspective the area where both Amber and Chelsea went missing from. And I also don't believe for one minute that the police are out searching Kit Carson Park, because of some little kids finding some hair in a bag months ago, imo, something else bigger is going on.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: March 06, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »

"We have to trim the list of that 60,000 down to a number of truly dangerous people and then intensively supervise them," he said.     And how do you intend to do that, of course that is not going to happen.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: March 06, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »

JAG is an adult.  His parents aren't liable for making him register and I understand that. I just think morally, his mom at least should have been less protecting of him and based upon her lifestyle, could have been a better role model. 

Didn't we see somewhere that it looks like JAG may have a sister?  I wonder what she is like?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1427 on: March 06, 2010, 11:54:35 AM »

JAG is an adult.  His parents aren't liable for making him register and I understand that. I just think morally, his mom at least should have been less protecting of him and based upon her lifestyle, could have been a better role model. 

Didn't we see somewhere that it looks like JAG may have a sister?  I wonder what she is like?
I'm just having a problem that if your child is a RSO they shouldn't be allowed to be living at a different address, and I don't believe for a minute that she didn't know that. Morally one should do that, but I guess one couldn't have expected that from her. I saw something about a sister, but don't know anything more.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1428 on: March 06, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »

"We have to trim the list of that 60,000 down to a number of truly dangerous people and then intensively supervise them," he said.     And how do you intend to do that, of course that is not going to happen.
Exactly - 60,000? 1 is to many, the best way to track them is to lock them all up and throw away the key.  Time to start cleaning up those waiting on death row and make room for these monsters.  I can't even begin to fathom they will ever track these perps no matter what the number 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: March 06, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/06/deeply-troubled-picture-emerges-of-suspects-life/  Very interesting article about Gardner's background, it appears that he has two sisters.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: March 06, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »

Gardner was living in the Los Angeles suburb of Lawndale in 1990 when his mother filed for divorce from his father. The family packed up and moved to this San Bernardino Mountain vacation retreat after her divorce became official.

Catherine Jeannette Gardner also had two older daughters, then 17 and 18, from a previous marriage; she would have two more husbands before her son’s latest arrest.

His parents’ separation caused him extreme anxiety, eventually leading to hospitalization and psychiatric treatment, court records say. The divorce records show Gardner’s father was ordered to pay $70 a month in child support.

Even through the months leading up to their son’s 18th birthday, Gardner’s mother and father fought in court over money, custody and much more.

“I have left message after message for John but I never hear from him,” his father wrote to a family court judge in November 1996. “My Christmas gift to John was returned even though I sent it to the correct address.”

While enrolled in public schools, Gardner was identified as an SED child, or seriously emotionally disturbed. A psychiatrist noted that lithium helped the boy’s bipolar disorder until he had to discontinue the medication because of side effects such as irritable bowel syndrome.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: March 06, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »

“It seemed like his medications changed a lot, and we didn’t know if that was because of his mother or because he was seeing someone new” for treatment, said the neighbor and family friend, who also said Catherine Gardner worked as a mental-health administrator.    
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1432 on: March 06, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »

According to former district attorney Paul Pfingst, Gardner's parents can't be charged.    This is hard for me to swallow, you know your son has his address listed at another address because he is a RSO, but it is okay for him to live at a different address, no it is not  And thank-you for the map, it puts it into a better perspective the area where both Amber and Chelsea went missing from. And I also don't believe for one minute that the police are out searching Kit Carson Park, because of some little kids finding some hair in a bag months ago, imo, something else bigger is going on.

IMO, this is no different than harboring a fugitive, (actually, it's worse because of the nature of the crime) and it should be a felony for anyone, in any way, assisting these sick freaks.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: March 06, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »

IMO, this is no different than harboring a fugitive, (actually, it's worse because of the nature of the crime) and it should be a felony for anyone, in any way, assisting these sick freaks.
That is exactly how I look at it.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1434 on: March 06, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »

That is exactly how I look at it.
We would never have to worry about it, however, if once caught they were never released.  The perfect solution could never happen, legally, IYKWIM 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: March 06, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »

Exactly once caught, never release them. And in this case, you have a doctor saying he will do it again, he is a threat to young girls 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: March 06, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »

Two sisters
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: March 06, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

Picture emerges of suspect as deeply troubled

RUNNING SPRINGS — He was popular with girls and made fun of by classmates. He ran errands for neighbors and discovered outdoor sports. He could be moody and aggressive when he didn’t take his medication.

By any measure, the adolescent years that accused killer John Albert Gardner III spent in this mountaintop village were the high-water mark of a deeply troubled life.

He was never a standout at Rim of the World High School, the all-weather campus along state Route 18 overlooking the Los Angeles Basin. Many teachers and former students at the Home of the Fighting Scots don’t even remember him.

But this is where Gardner, a 30-year-old convicted sex offender charged Wednesday with the murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King of Poway, also flourished.

It’s where he spent his formative years, where his mom bounced checks for the hockey equipment he needed, where he dated for the first time and where classmates teased him for being “dorky and unpopular.”

This is where he excelled at pottery, listened to country music and sang in the high school choir. Those who knew Gardner considered him bright, intelligent and full of promise.

But today Gardner is confronting life in prison — perhaps the death penalty — if he is convicted of killing Chelsea, the track star and French-horn player who went missing Feb. 25 while out for a jog at Lake Hodges.

“The person that we knew and the person that they’re describing are two different people,” said one of Gardner’s former neighbors, who did not want her name published because she fears her business would suffer. “In my heart, if he did do these things, I think it was just because he gave up,” the woman said. “He got tired of asking for help.”

Gardner was living in the Los Angeles suburb of Lawndale in 1990 when his mother filed for divorce from his father. The family packed up and moved to this San Bernardino Mountain vacation retreat after her divorce became official.

Catherine Jeannette Gardner also had two older daughters, then 17 and 18, from a previous marriage; she would have two more husbands before her son’s latest arrest.

His parents’ separation caused him extreme anxiety, eventually leading to hospitalization and psychiatric treatment, court records say. The divorce records show Gardner’s father was ordered to pay $70 a month in child support.

Even through the months leading up to their son’s 18th birthday, Gardner’s mother and father fought in court over money, custody and much more.

“I have left message after message for John but I never hear from him,” his father wrote to a family court judge in November 1996. “My Christmas gift to John was returned even though I sent it to the correct address.”

While enrolled in public schools, Gardner was identified as an SED child, or seriously emotionally disturbed. A psychiatrist noted that lithium helped the boy’s bipolar disorder until he had to discontinue the medication because of side effects such as irritable bowel syndrome.

Up on the mountain, Gardner generally managed to stay out of trouble. He played baseball in the spring, skied through the winters and used a neighbor’s climbing wall. According to the divorce file, he even joined the law-enforcement component of the school’s regional-occupation program, which tries to match young people to suitable careers.

Family friends said despite Gardner’s outward confidence and cheery disposition, he struggled through adolescence. He suffered dramatic mood swings and talked openly about needing help.

“It seemed like his medications changed a lot, and we didn’t know if that was because of his mother or because he was seeing someone new” for treatment, said the neighbor and family friend, who also said Catherine Gardner worked as a mental-health administrator.

His first criminal conviction came in 1998, a year after he graduated from Rim of the World. Records show he was charged with disturbing the peace after showing up on the campus uninvited.

Local officials recommended probation because of his clean record. Despite getting a break from prosecutors, Gardner had difficulty meeting adult responsibilities.

He left the mountain in search of work, a career, someplace where, as his mother put it in court papers later, he could “contribute something meaningful back to society.”

But friends said Gardner was slow to find his niche.

He took assorted jobs before landing a part-time position at a San Diego sporting goods store, intermittently staying in touch with some friends from his high school years.

In the weeks before he turned 21, Gardner won a promotion at the Big 5 store in Mira Mesa to a full-time job, according to court records. He was singled out for his work ethic and dedication, and began dating a young co-worker.

At the same time, however, his interest in younger girls got the better of him.

On March 16, 2000, he picked up a pair of teenage girls on their way to school and took one of them to his mother’s Rancho Bernardo townhouse. As they watched a movie, he began rubbing the 13-year-old and, his sexual advances rebuffed, he beat and fondled the girl before she escaped.

Gardner was arrested within minutes and eventually pleaded guilty to committing lewd acts with a minor. He was facing more than 10 years in prison, yet three young women wrote to the judge seeking leniency.

“The first time that we went out I probably waited for about 4 hours for him to kiss me but after 4 hours of nothing I finally decided to kiss him,” former girlfriend Beth Melban wrote. “That is why I couldn’t believe he was being accused of forcing himself on a girl.”

One psychiatrist said Gardner showed no remorse and suggested he be locked up as long as possible; another recommended probation and treatment for Gardner, even though he had admitted having sexual relations with two underage girls.

Gardner was 21 when he was sentenced to six years in prison.

R.J. Donovan Correctional Facility is an overcrowded prison on Otay Mesa that often acts as a receiving barn for new convicts. Gardner arrived from San Diego County jail on Sept. 18, 2000.

Three months later he was sent to the California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi. While he was there, his father — a self-employed “assembler” — declared bankruptcy in 2002, with $5 in his pocket and $227 spread across three checking accounts.

In April 2005, Gardner was moved to Avenal State Prison in central California until he was paroled that September.

After his release, Gardner was monitored like thousands of other sex offenders who make parole. He was ordered to register with local police wherever he lived. In January 2008, eight months before his parole case was closed, Gardner was “placed on a passive GPS caseload,” a prison spokeswoman said.

Prison officials could not provide details of Gardner’s time in state custody or discuss his parole term. Requests for public records of his case have not yet been processed.

Two months after Gardner’s parole ended, his father died at age 64.

The son kept a decidedly low profile outside prison, although he did receive a few traffic citations. He bounced around between Riverside and San Diego counties. Police now suspect he was spending time scouting young girls.

In January 2009, 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido went missing from a street just two miles from where Gardner was living. Since his DNA was linked to Chelsea on Sunday, he has become a suspect in Amber’s case.

Riverside County investigators are checking a report from October that a man matching Gardner’s description tried to abduct a 14-year-old girl on her way to school in Lake Elsinore, where Gardner also registered as a sex offender.

By early this year, many of the better things in Gardner’s life were falling apart. Within the span of a few weeks earlier this year, he lost his steadiest job and his girlfriend and also crashed his car, according to a family acquaintance in Running Springs.

Witnesses now say Gardner may have been stalking girls near Bernardo Heights Middle School on Feb. 24. The next day Chelsea was gone.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/06/deeply-troubled-picture-emerges-of-suspects-life/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: March 06, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »

Thank-you for printing that out, some very interesting things in that article 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1439 on: March 06, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/06/deeply-troubled-picture-emerges-of-suspects-life/  Very interesting article about Gardner's background, it appears that he has two sisters.

Granted I do not know all any of the details that caused JAG's mother to divorce JAG's father. However, based on this article, it seems that his father wanted to be a part of JAG's life and his mother would not allow that. It is probably a good thing that his father is deceased and does not have to see what his son has become.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.