April 19, 2024, 03:42:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 510988 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1600 on: March 10, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »

Responding to the second email from the hasher. I'm sure that most of the hashers would not approve or condone a RSO. I understand that you want to make your point of that and I don't blame you. I certainly have no business telling an adult like yourself that you have no business being in a group like this. If nobody is being harmed I don't care if you are a hasher or whatever, it is none of my business. I think most of us are concerned about this particular group in San Diego where Gardner's mom is a member. There are far more groups of people that do things that most people may find objectionable, then what you as hashers do. I certainly have nothing against you, and appreciate your explaining.

I have written out several responses and have deleted them all. I am left with saying what I first said...In the course of researching there are times we come across things which will upset people, we cannot allow that to stop us. Their runs are relevant to Gardner, like it or not.  I hope and pray the information provided will uncover any other possible victims. The thought of another young girl buried in an unmarked grave along some lonely trail is just too much for me to handle.

If I can offer some advice. What I think will work better for your group is if you issued a statement saying you do not condone the murdering and raping of people and you are sorry if by any chance Gardner was somehow wrongly encouraged by a hashers group to partake in any such activity as he is being accused of.

That may help to calm the fire. Having posters on the net calling anyone who is posting old prudes, well that aint gonna get the job done!
Tracy and NRCG ~ great posts.   Being a victim of JAG or any SO can happen to anyone, even a Hasher. JAG's close association with this SD group is relevant and venting rudely at the public gives the impression that this crime is not the important issue. All the diatribes are focused on what's being reported about them, not about the fact that JAG was on the fringe of the HH and that very possibly the intense , detailed knowledge of local backcountry frequented by the HH may have played an integral part in his brutal rapes and murder(s)   
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1601 on: March 10, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »

could this be JAG's myspace page? myspace.com/jason6the9stud  Check it out...it is first on this girlfriends page (or ex)...she has commented numerous times.  And read the description.  Sorry if I am wrong.
Photo has been removed hmmmmm.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1602 on: March 10, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »

Responding to the second email from the hasher. I'm sure that most of the hashers would not approve or condone a RSO. I understand that you want to make your point of that and I don't blame you. I certainly have no business telling an adult like yourself that you have no business being in a group like this. If nobody is being harmed I don't care if you are a hasher or whatever, it is none of my business. I think most of us are concerned about this particular group in San Diego where Gardner's mom is a member. There are far more groups of people that do things that most people may find objectionable, then what you as hashers do. I certainly have nothing against you, and appreciate your explaining.

NRCG - I agree. I think his letter was well written and well thought out. I know that many groups have "affiliate" groups that do not adhere to the same group behavior as is expected by the head group. No one can control what people do and use the name of the group. It is not improbably in my mind that the group with JAG's parents in it was a more radical group than many. That SHOULD NOT be a reflection on the group as a whole - bad apples occur in small and large groups. It is the nature of having a group of people together.  I really think, and this is IMOO, we should only make comments that relate to the specific group in question - not the larger group as a whole. Generalizations are always dangerous things.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1603 on: March 10, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »

I too, wish to comment on the second letter from the Hasher.  The information which has been posted on this forum, the nicknames, the pictures, the announcements, all came from the SD Hasher website.  No one here made it up.  Shortly after it started appearing here, all of the info on the HH website was removed as fast as possible, but not without some of it being captured by various SM members.  If they were proud, or even if they were not ashamed of what they do, they would have proudly left it up.  They did not.  That, to me, speaks volumes about the Hashers, and it is not flattering.  The most appropriate comparison I can make is when you turn over a rock, a lot of nasty things scramble away.

Insofar as the Hashers being doctors, lawyers, lE, etc. in many instances people in these professions and others sign contracts which have morals clauses, designed to eliminate people who behave as these IMO sexual libertines seem to do.  While I certainly wouldn't do so, there may be people who wish to enlighten some of the employers of some of these people as to their extracuricular activities. There should be no problem if they aren't ashamed of what they do during these "Runs."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1604 on: March 10, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

NRCG - I agree. I think his letter was well written and well thought out. I know that many groups have "affiliate" groups that do not adhere to the same group behavior as is expected by the head group. No one can control what people do and use the name of the group. It is not improbably in my mind that the group with JAG's parents in it was a more radical group than many. That SHOULD NOT be a reflection on the group as a whole - bad apples occur in small and large groups. It is the nature of having a group of people together.  I really think, and this is IMOO, we should only make comments that relate to the specific group in question - not the larger group as a whole. Generalizations are always dangerous things.
You worded it so much better than I, thank-you, that is exactly what I was trying to say 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: March 10, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »

could this be JAG's myspace page? myspace.com/jason6the9stud  Check it out...it is first on this girlfriends page (or ex)...she has commented numerous times.  And read the description.  Sorry if I am wrong.

Status is interesting in that at one time this person had a truck

Energizer Bunny I'm poor, homeless and living in my truck.
Posted at 9:15 PM May 20, 2008
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1606 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »

I too, wish to comment on the second letter from the Hasher.  The information which has been posted on this forum, the nicknames, the pictures, the announcements, all came from the SD Hasher website.  No one here made it up.  Shortly after it started appearing here, all of the info on the HH website was removed as fast as possible, but not without some of it being captured by various SM members.  If they were proud, or even if they were not ashamed of what they do, they would have proudly left it up.  They did not.  That, to me, speaks volumes about the Hashers, and it is not flattering.  The most appropriate comparison I can make is when you turn over a rock, a lot of nasty things scramble away.

Insofar as the Hashers being doctors, lawyers, lE, etc. in many instances people in these professions and others sign contracts which have morals clauses, designed to eliminate people who behave as these IMO sexual libertines seem to do.  While I certainly wouldn't do so, there may be people who wish to enlighten some of the employers of some of these people as to their extracuricular activities. There should be no problem if they aren't ashamed of what they do during these "Runs."
"AMEN"

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1607 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »

I have written out several responses and have deleted them all. I am left with saying what I first said...In the course of researching there are times we come across things which will upset people, we cannot allow that to stop us. Their runs are relevant to Gardner, like it or not.  I hope and pray the information provided will uncover any other possible victims. The thought of another young girl buried in an unmarked grave along some lonely trail is just too much for me to handle.

If I can offer some advice. What I think will work better for your group is if you issued a statement saying you do not condone the murdering and raping of people and you are sorry if by any chance Gardner was somehow wrongly encouraged by a hashers group to partake in any such activity as he is being accused of.

That may help to calm the fire. Having posters on the net calling anyone who is posting old prudes, well that aint gonna get the job done!
I know my views on this might be upsetting people, I also believe this particular group that Gardner's mom belongs to is definitely relevant, I just don't understand why other hashers in other parts matter to this case. I would appreciate someone explaining this to me. What really does it matter what this hasher on the East Coast does? We can't stop them from doing this and I'm sure most of these people are not harmful, sure there are people that think what they do is immoral, but there are a lot of things that are immoral.

I only care about the san diego hashers it is the only group I looked at pics that I am aware. Do I approve of this behavior, personally no but that is my opinion.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1608 on: March 10, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »

I was thinking the same thing...they should consider pulling this up to follow his status.  I bet it may very well be interesting...and may even give clues.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1609 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:52 PM »

I know my views on this might be upsetting people, I also believe this particular group that Gardner's mom belongs to is definitely relevant, I just don't understand why other hashers in other parts matter to this case. I would appreciate someone explaining this to me. What really does it matter what this hasher on the East Coast does? We can't stop them from doing this and I'm sure most of these people are not harmful, sure there are people that think what they do is immoral, but there are a lot of things that are immoral.

I only care about the san diego hashers it is the only group I looked at pics that I am aware. Do I approve of this behavior, personally no but that is my opinion.
It is definitely nothing that I would get involved with, believe me, wouldn't even consider it for a second. I'm just not an outgoing person, and I'm as serious as a heart attack, they wouldn't even want me which is a good thing for me.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1610 on: March 10, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »

I was thinking the same thing...they should consider pulling this up to follow his status.  I bet it may very well be interesting...and may even give clues.

If this is his myspace, the above comment should surely be looked into.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1611 on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:54 AM »

In all fairness to most of the Hashers, they just don't want to be in the limelight and who could blame them.  They don't want to be associated with JAG and I don't blame them for that either.  What JAG did is not the fault of the Hashing community as a whole even if JAG's motives end up linking back to some of the Hasher run trails. 
I completely agree Klaas.
I do think the G rated hashing groups would be fun thing to do to unwind.
However, I have a problem with the group (Sn Diego-HH) that gets nude in public or verbalises the "sexual" nicknames in public, where children may be present such as in a public park. I would be horrified if one of my kids came across a partially clothed or nude person jogging or sitting on a block of ice...Now, how the h*** am I going to explain that to my 3 year old? (he already likes being naked as it is. If he saw that, he would never wear clothes!! )
I would rather see the more "risque" groups that have naked rituals do so in a private setting (someones house) rather than in a public area. Public nudity is still illegal right ?

I think the email from the East Coast hasher had many valid points. I respect that he/she took the time to explain the groups activites.The emails were very well written and honest. I hope he does understand we weren't questioning all hashers, just those with HH in San Diego.

Unfortunately, the implications of what JAG has done will be far reaching into so many peoples lives, the SD hashers included.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1612 on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:28 AM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/forensic-scientists-look-for-answers/

March 10, 2010 | Photo by K.C. Alfred

Investigators this week searched in the area where the skeletal remains of Amber Dubois were found.

Forensic scientists look for answers
Many variables confront investigations of deaths of 2 North County teens

By John Wilkens, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.

Forensic scientists investigating the deaths of two North County teens already know the “who” — Chelsea King and Amber Dubois. Now they’re focused on the “when” and the “how.”

Each case presents its own challenges, and the answers aren’t likely to be as simple — or come as quickly — as the TV franchise “CSI” makes the process appear.

“There are just so many variables,” said Dr. Harry Bonnell, a former San Diego County deputy medical examiner now in private practice.

Variables such as where the bodies were buried, how deeply and for how long.

Although tedious or gruesome, the details they unearth will play a key role in any criminal prosecution. John Albert Gardner III, 30, a convicted sex offender, has been charged with murdering and raping Chelsea and is a focus of Amber’s case.

Even before a judge issued a gag order Tuesday, investigators were tight-lipped about both cases. Little is known publicly beyond when and where remains were found.

Chelsea, a 17-year-old Poway High School senior, disappeared Feb. 25 while running at Rancho Bernardo Community Park on dirt trails that border Lake Hodges. A body was found five days later in a shallow grave near the water, and Gardner was charged in her death.

Amber, 14, vanished Feb. 13, 2009, while walking to Escondido High School. Her skeletal remains, identified through dental records, were found Saturday off a narrow, winding road north of the Pala Indian Reservation.

From a forensic standpoint, a case like Chelsea’s would probably be pretty straightforward, said Bonnell, who performed about 7,000 autopsies during his 20-year career as a medical examiner and now reviews about 150 cases yearly, mostly as a criminal-defense expert.

He said he wouldn’t expect much decomposition because of the time frame, because it was rainy and cool outside — cooler weather slows the process — and because the body was buried.

The more intact a body, the easier it is to determine certain kinds of trauma such as strangling or knife wounds, Bonnell said.

Burial would lessen the chance that insect or animal activity had disturbed the body.

A typical autopsy — county pathologists conduct 3,000 annually — takes about four hours. They’re done in the county Medical Examiner’s Office, a $73 million facility in Kearny Mesa that opened three months ago. The office has a staff of 50 and an annual budget of $8 million.

Once an exam is finished, the pathologist decides on the cause of death and the manner, such as homicide, accident, natural, suicide or undetermined. In Chelsea’s case, those findings have been sealed.

Amber’s case is more complicated. “Skeletal remains are among the most difficult, if not the most difficult, cases we have,” said Greg Wyatt, Sacramento County coroner.

The site typically becomes an archaeological dig, excavated layer by layer. Nothing is removed until it is fully exposed, photographed and mapped. Sides of a makeshift grave are examined for marks that might reveal what kind of tool was used. Soil under the skeleton is tested to see if decomposition happened there or if the remains had been moved. The work often takes more than a week.

Forensic entomologists, who study insect activity as a way to determine time of death, are sometimes called in. David Faulkner, an entomologist from San Diego, said there aren’t usually live insects around skeletons, but they sometimes leave traces.

“You can’t tell when the person died exactly, but you may be able to determine the season of the year based upon pupae cases and other insect detritus in the soil,” he said. “If you find sufficient pupae of a cold weather species of insect, you can roughly estimate how long the body has been there.”

Forensic anthropologists — bone experts — also play a role, both at the scene and in the lab. Elizabeth Miller, who does such work for law enforcement in Los Angeles, said she’s looking for bullet holes, blunt-force fractures, knife marks.

“But most skeletonized remains you don’t find a lot of signs of trauma,” said Miller, an anthropology professor at California State University Los Angeles.

That makes it hard to determine a cause of death, although sometimes clothing is found with cuts or tears in them that can be revealing. Bonnell and Wyatt said it’s common in skeletal cases to never figure out the cause. But that doesn’t preclude examiners from reaching a conclusion on the manner of death.

In the case of Chandra Levy, the Washington, D.C., intern from Modesto who was missing for 13 months before her remains were found in a park in May 2002, the medical examiner couldn’t say how she died. But because her running pants were found with no bones in them — and with unusual knots in the legs — authorities concluded there was foul play and her death was a homicide.

Her accused killer is awaiting trial.

And even when they can’t pinpoint a cause or manner of death, pathologists are sometimes able to identify a time range — in the Levy case, they said the remains were “consistent” with her having died on or about the day she disappeared.

Such a finding can bring some solace to families tortured by the idea that — if they had searched harder or longer — they would have been able to find their loved one alive.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1613 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »

Accused Killer Remembered

Bipolar disorder. Sexual molestation by a male family member. Anger management issues that frequently got him in trouble with teachers. Wacky, unpredictable behavior.

These are among the ingredients in the background of John Albert Gardner III, the 1997 Rim High School graduate charged with the capital murder of Poway high school student Chelsea King and with assaulting a female jogger.

Insights into Gardner's troubled past were provided to The Mountain News this week by Jennifer Maylone Brandt, a Rim classmate of Gardner's who was in his inner circle of friends for three years after their high school graduation.

Brandt, who now lives in Indianapolis, Ind., contacted the newspaper after hearing of Gardner's arrest in a text message sent by another classmate, who now lives in San Bernardino.

Though she was aware of Gardner while both were still students, Brandt said she didn't really get to know him until the year after they graduated.

Then, from 1998 into 2000, Brandt (then known as Jennifer Maylone) and a handful of Gardner's buddies would hang out, going rock climbing in Cedar Glen, watching TV at Maylone's grandparents' home in Crestline or eating fast food together, she said.

FRIENDSHIP ENDS

For Brandt and the others, that friendship ended in 2000 when Gardner was convicted of committing a lewd act on a 13-year-old girl.

"It was a devastating blow to find out he did it," she said. "It was a complete shock to us. He was a guy we'd known and grown up with, and then, bam!"

Brandt said Gardner had told his friends he was innocent of the sexual assault, blaming it on the girl's boyfriend, who may or may not have been a real person. Gardner told them, she said, that the victim didn't want to break up with the boyfriend and didn't want her parents to know she'd had sex, so she pointed the finger at Gardner.

Convicted and sentenced to six years in prison, Gardner served five years and completed his three-year probation in 2008. The brevity of his incarceration and probation have prompted many to question why he was on the streets and allegedly able to abduct and kill King, who was attacked while jogging near Lake Hodges in Rancho Bernardo last month.

During their three-year friendship, Brandt said she witnessed dramatic mood swings in Gardner.

"He was all over the place," she said. "He'd be happy one day and talking about committing suicide the next."

But nothing he did hinted at a propensity to commit sex crimes, Brandt said. "He was a good friend back then. He was fun and wacky and sweet," she said. "None of us friends believed him capable of the horrific crimes he is now known to have committed."

MOOD SWINGS

Brandt said Gardner had admitted to her that he had bipolar disorder, a condition in which moods can swing from manic to depressive. His bipolarity, she said, may have contributed to his "getting into things like stealing from grocery stores."

She recalled one instance in which, on a visit to Gardner at his mother's Rancho Bernardo townhouse, she drove him to a market. "He came out with two bottles of liquor in his pants, which he'd stolen. I think it was kind of a thrill thing for him," she said.

On another occasion, when he may also have been experiencing a manic high, Brandt said he announced to her he wanted to "streak" the 7-11 store in Lake Arrowhead. She drove him to the store one night around midnight, and waited outside in the car.

"He went in naked, with a bag on his head," she said. "There was no one in the store, so he waited until the clerk came back in and he yelled, 'I'm naked!' and ran back out. He wasn't ashamed of being naked."

Brandt said she recalls Gardner telling her his mother, a single, working mom, as she recollects, worked at Patton State Hospital. On one occasion, he told her, she'd gotten him committed for some reason.

"He proudly claimed, like Houdini, that he could work his way out of a straitjacket," she said. "He was quite proud of himself for that."

SEXUAL ABUSE

Something Gardner shared with Brandt might have been another significant impact on his developing personality. He once confided in her, she said, that he had been sexually abused by a male family member on repeated occasions. Though she said she knows how they were related, she declined to identify that relationship.

Though the two were not close in school, Brandt had made some observations of Gardner and his activities. He enjoyed audio-visual classes, she said, and made films with some friends who shared that interest. He also sang in the school choir, and would frequently sing around his friends.

But even in those days, she said, there was a darker side to Gardner.

"I didn't have any classes with him," she said. "I'd see him in the hallways. I remember his being angry a lot. He had temper issues." His rage would get him into trouble because it triggered confrontations with teachers, Brandt said.

Though Gardner's arrest report lists him as 6-2 and 230 pounds-middle linebacker size-Brandt said Gardner didn't play sports at Rim. She characterized him as "a nerd," and said he was "an average-sized guy" while an undergraduate.

When not displaying anger, Brandt said, Gardner had impressed her as "soft spoken, but nothing feminine."

Brandt, who moved off the mountain in 2002, relocated to Indiana in 2007 when her husband's job situation changed. Now, a decade later and from 2,000 miles away, she stressed the shock she and other friends of Gardner experienced when he was convicted of the sex crime in 2000, particularly because he'd insisted he was innocent.

'STUPID KIDS'

"We rallied around him on his day in court," she said. "We were 19, 20 at the time. We were stupid kids. He'd never done anything like that before; why would he do it now? It was so not like him."

In San Diego County, the authorities think otherwise. According to the criminal complaint issued against him, the 30-year-old former Running Springs resident is charged with one count of murder with a special included allegation of murder committed during the course of rape or attempted rape.

That allegation could lead to the death penalty, according to court records. Gardner is also charged with one count of assault with intent to commit rape in an attack on a female jogger last Dec. 27.

That attack, authorities say, occurred on a path in a park near Lake Hodges, a short distance from where Chelsea King was last seen. The victim escaped without serious injury.

San Diego sheriff's documents show Gardner's next appearance in court is scheduled for Aug. 4, when his case will be assigned to a judge for a preliminary hearing. Court observers predict it may take as long as a year for Gardner's trial to begin, since proceedings in death-penalty cases are complex.

http://www.crestlinecourier-news.com/articles/2010/03/11/news/news1.txt
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1614 on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »

Central file on Gardner is kept unavailable

SACRAMENTO— Under court order, state prison officials last month released 120 pages of parole field records tracking the man charged with holding Jaycee Lee Dugard captive for 18 years.

The records contained embarrassing revelations of lax oversight and cursory checks regarding supervision of Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender. Agents noted “weird” behavior on visits but left in less than 10 minutes. At one point, a young girl was spotted in the home but Garrido claimed she was his niece.

So, could parole agents have had similar troubling lapses when monitoring John Albert Gardner III — charged with rape and murder in the death of Poway teenager Chelsea King — while he was under their watch from 2005 to 2008 for a previous sex crime? The public has no way to know.

The State Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has declined repeated requests since Friday to release Gardner’s central file with prison and parole records, including pertinent information from the field notes.

Officials cite privacy considerations and a desire to avoid hampering the investigation. They also began citing a court-imposed gag order when it was issued Tuesday.

“Helping law enforcement is our first priority,” said department spokesman Gordon Hinkle.

Terry Francke of Californians Aware, a Sacramento nonprofit dedicated to government transparency, said such records can shed light on whether there has been negligence or errors on the part of law enforcement.

“It should be known who missed the call and what kind of system it is that allows obvious signs of disturbing tendencies to slip through the cracks,” Francke said. “I am not talking about a witch hunt. I am saying unless the basic facts come out … the whole thing will die down and nothing will be done.”

In the Garrido case, The Sacramento Bee reported that state prison officials refused to release his records for weeks. Suing, the Bee and other media outlets forced the state to turn over Garrido’s field file, which suggested that parole officials may have missed opportunities to rescue his victim sooner.

Gardner’s field file has been destroyed under a state policy — overturned by the governor Tuesday — that allowed officials to shred or burn those records one year after the person was discharged from parole. A registered sex offender, Gardner served five years of a six-year prison sentence and finished his parole in 2008. He is also a focus of the investigation into the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido.

As of late yesterday, authorities had not released Gardner’s central file, even though the Garrido case could be viewed as freeing them to do so. There was a also court-issued gag order in the Garrido case at the time his field files were ordered released.

In his Feb. 5 order, Sacramento County Superior Court Judge Patrick Marlette said, in part, “the public interest in disclosure in this case outweighs the interest in confidentiality.”

However, Marlette did agree to hold further hearings on some other documents, such as those involving medical and psychological reviews.

Hinkle, the corrections spokesman, said the Garrido case does not set precedent for the release of Gardner’s records.

Garrido’s case involved field files on a parolee under the state’s direct supervision, while Gardner has been off parole for nearly two years, Hinkle said.

Also, the only surviving documents kept on Gardner are in the central file, which has never been fully released and was not specifically cited in the court order involving Garrido’s records, Hinkle said.

Nevertheless, Hinkle said that more information should be forthcoming after it is reviewed by authorities in San Diego building the case against Gardner, as well as the judge who issued the gag order, David Danielsen.

“I don’t think anybody can fault us for being careful,” Hinkle said.

Francke countered, “We’re not talking about evidence of this person’s guilt. … We’re talking about evidence of the competence and care taken in the supervision of this person.”

Tuesday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered officials to keep parole records and release more documents after revelations that the field files were routinely destroyed after a year.

“It is in the best interest of public safety to retain all information on these individuals and to make as much information as possible available and transparent,” Schwarzenegger said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/central-file-on-gardner-is-kept-unavailable/
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1615 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »

Northern Rose... thanks for the article.. very interesting.

Gives some insight into JAG.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1616 on: March 11, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »

His mother drove him to 7-11 and allowed him to streak? If that is true, i think she can pretty much forget ever receiving mother of the year. WTH?

It seems that he was not getting what he needed as a child if this was the type of "help" mommy gave him, but you know what? He did become an adult and he could have gotten help. We all come to a point in our lives we need to help ourselves and take responsibility for our actions. Nothing I have read about him so far leads me to consider he was so mentally ill he didn't know right from wrong.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: March 11, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »

Northern Rose... thanks for the article.. very interesting.

Gives some insight into JAG.
Yes thanks, very interesting.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1618 on: March 11, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

His mother drove him to 7-11 and allowed him to streak? If that is true, i think she can pretty much forget ever receiving mother of the year. WTH?

It seems that he was not getting what he needed as a child if this was the type of "help" mommy gave him, but you know what? He did become an adult and he could have gotten help. We all come to a point in our lives we need to help ourselves and take responsibility for our actions. Nothing I have read about him so far leads me to consider he was so mentally ill he didn't know right from wrong.

The way I read it was that they were at his mother's condo and he asked the friend to drive him so he could streak. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1619 on: March 11, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »

The way I read it was that they were at his mother's condo and he asked the friend to drive him so he could streak. 

Thank you for clarifying that NorRose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.