April 24, 2024, 04:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511375 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1660 on: March 12, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »

Also, IMO they need to be testing everything in his mothers townhome
Absolutely!

And Grandma's.  Nothing yet other than the mystery relative as to why he was asked to leave there 2 weeks before.
Yes you are right - there has to be a good reason why you are asked to leave your grandmother's home.  Thank you for all the updates Northern Rose - the picture of the school memorial brought tears to my eyes.  God Bless the King family  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: March 12, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins

Am I the only one seeing a resemblance to Chelsea and the woman who allegedly is the mother of JAGs twins?

I saw that as well.  Mrs King and Carrie and ECT/JAG's mother all look similar as well. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1662 on: March 12, 2010, 12:10:29 PM »

Gardner violated parole seven times after attacking 13-year-old girl    Now let the spinning of this begin   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1663 on: March 12, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

Gardner violated parole seven times after attacking 13-year-old girl    Now let the spinning of this begin   

Already has.  They were all "MINOR", nothing worth putting him back in jail for even one where he was caught living too close to a daycare     Wouldn't want to clog the jail system with parole violators.  Heck for that matter, why bother having parole officers in the first place if the infractions are not actioned upon   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1664 on: March 12, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »

Already has.  They were all "MINOR", nothing worth putting him back in jail for even one where he was caught living too close to a daycare     Wouldn't want to clog the jail system with parole violators.  Heck for that matter, why bother having parole officers in the first place if the infractions are not actioned upon   
There was no reason for this, but we will hear the usual banter that we always hear.  The prisons are way overcrowded, the parole officers are overworked, the parole officer may have felt it was an important issue and he should have been tossed back in prison, but the parole officer's superior didn't feel it necessary.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1665 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »

Comments are interesting

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: March 12, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »

Mourning the loss of Chelsea and Amber – there is help

Thousands of San Diego residents -– particularly those in the communities of Rancho Bernardo, Poway and Escondido -– turned out to mourn 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois at their respective candlelight vigils, just one week apart.

Now, several of those thousands -– some of whom have never met the girls or their families -– are pouring into the offices of San Diego Hospice to talk about their unspeakable loss.

According to Liane Fry, licensed marriage and family therapist and program manager at the Center for Grief Care and Education for San Diego Hospice, the facility –- which specializes in end-of-life care -– has been getting calls from grieving community members wanting to talk since the search for King began February 25.

“Primarily, we are getting calls from people who were involved in the search or other parents,” she said.  “We are seeing a broader community response.  Given how well-publicized it was, it hit all of us so profoundly.”

Both girls were found dead within a week of each other, following their separate mysterious disappearances.

King, a 17-year-old Poway High School senior, was declared missing February 25 after she failed to return from a run near Rancho Bernardo Community Park.  She was found five days later, on March 2, in a shallow grave near the Lake Hodges shoreline.

Fourteen-year-old Amber Dubois was last seen February 13, 2009 outside Escondido High School.  Her 13-month search finally came to an end March 7, when a weekend tip led authorities to her human remains in Pala.

Lake Elsinore resident and registered sex offender, John Albert Gardner III, has been charged with murder and a special circumstance of rape or attempted rape in King’s case and is now of interest in the Dubois case as well.  Gardner last appeared in court for a status conference on March 9.

The tragic events, while truly traumatizing for those close to the girls and their families, can trigger strong feelings of loss in others, even if they were not directly connected to the events, Fry said.

“[The tragedy] acts as an echo into the losses they might be experiencing,” she said.  “They are stimulated by that loss.”

Those losses –- while most are indicative of a death –- can also include circumstances like divorce or incarceration, she said.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-12/lifestyle/mourning-the-loss-of-chelsea-and-amber-there-is-help
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1667 on: March 12, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

There was no reason for this, but we will hear the usual banter that we always hear.  The prisons are way overcrowded, the parole officers are overworked, the parole officer may have felt it was an important issue and he should have been tossed back in prison, but the parole officer's superior didn't feel it necessary.

This is beyond outrageous!   Expecting heads to roll & quite a bit of discussion on reform in how these predators are dealt with.   I cannot even begin to express in words how infuriated I am on just how many times we have to revisit this issue.   My God to the powers that be, VIOLENT SO's WILL REPEAT, PERIOD   HELLOOOOOOOO!   I dont give a rats behind what some lunatic koolaid drinkers want to believe regarding possible rehabilitation, we need to protect society.  These two girls & countless others were murdered when had the appropriate adjudication been ruled and/or people did their dang jobs these predators would have not had the opportunity to repeat their heinous crimes.   To me, not only is JAG responsible but there is blood on quite a few others hands for Chelsea & Amber's sexual assault/murders.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1668 on: March 12, 2010, 01:13:56 PM »

The picture of this Baker woman I guess isn't the mother of the twins, someone on another forum, does no the woman who is, and that isn't her, not that it matters. She must have some major screw loose to even have been dating him, imo.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1669 on: March 12, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »

Ex-friend says Gardner told her he was sexually abused

(CBS Cool - A former friend of John Gardner's has come forward with shocking revelations about his past.

Jennifer Brandt and John Gardner weren't close in high school, but became friends after. The got so close then, according to Brandt, that at one point he felt the need to tell her a deep dark secret.

"He was a fun and crazy guy," Brandt said.

That was the John Gardner Jennifer Brandt thought she knew, until his 2000 sexual assault with a minor conviction.

"Pretty much all of his friends were hurt and betrayed by him that we stopped all contact with him," Brandt said.

She hasn't spoken to Gardner since then. In fact, she says she hasn't even thought of his name in years, until he made national headlines.

"It was shocking. This was a guy I hung out with, I stayed the night on his couch," she said.

She told News 8 on the phone from Indianapolis that John once admitted to her a big, dark secret.

"He had on one occasion spoken to me about how a male family member had sexually abused him when he was young. He was almost in tears talking about it. I don't even remember how the subject was brought up but it was obviously something he needed to talk about, and I was there to listen," she said.

Gardner is accused of murdering and raping 17-year-old Chelsea King, and investigators are looking into the possibility he had something to do with 14-year-old Amber Dubois' murder as well.

"I just remember that because it was so horrible and sticks in your mind," Brandt said.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12131701
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1670 on: March 12, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »

No excuse 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1671 on: March 12, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »

NO IDEA if this in fact is the real Dr Z aka Kevin O'reilly, but there is a Dr Z making comments at

Dr. Z
They're going to fire her.
Today, 1:22:26 PM

http://www.10news.com/news/22816642/detail.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1672 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »

No excuse 
none  If true, I am sorry, but that is never an excuse to do what he has all done, never. And if his lawyers think that bringing this up in trial it is going to matter, it won't.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1673 on: March 12, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

O/T but shows the anger about RSO.  Yesterday my husband brought home a flyer from Boeing in Huntington Beach Ca. It showed 5 SO's living in a hotel in HB with their pictures and what they did, except for one. My husband just called me and there is a demonstration going on at the hotel and hosts of a radio station are there, sorry I don't know what station. And Boeing will no longer suggest this hotel to people that come there on business. The hotel is the Extended Stay of America 5050 Skylab Road.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1674 on: March 12, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:18:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: March 12, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

Why Do Sexual Predators Get Released to Rape and Murder Again?

The scheduled release of yet another sexually violent predator raises the question of why this keeps happening. The Orange County District Attorney held a press conference to warn the community about a pending release, only to be interrupted to announce that the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida was going to issue an arrest warrant which would prevent the release. But, if it was not for pending charges from an out of state jurisdiction, another convicted serial child molester would be released from prison today.

Earlier this week, an Orange County jury recommended Rodney James Alcala receive the death penalty for kidnapping and murdering a 12-year-old Orange County girl, Robin Samsoe, and raping and murdering four Los Angeles County women in the 1970s. Now, The Orange County District Attorney's Office and Huntington Beach Police Department are seeking the public's help in identifying dozens of women and children featured in over 100 photographs found in Alcala’s Seattle storage locker.

Also this week, Huntington Beach police arrested David Bryan, a registered sex offender for attempting to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex. Fortunately, this was a police sting and nobody was harmed.

Chelsea King, 17, of San Diego County, was not so lucky. John Albert Gardner III, 30, a registered sex offender, was arrested on suspicion of rape and murder. In 2000, Gardner was convicted of a forcible lewd act on a child and false imprisonment. A psychiatrist who interviewed him said he would be a “continued danger to underage girls” because of the lack of remorse for his actions. He was sentenced to six years in prison as part of a plea agreement and served five years before he was released in 2005. He completed probation in 2008.

Yesterday, the Orange County District Attorney held a press conference to warn the community that a convicted serial child molester was scheduled to be released from prison today, after only serving just over three years in state prison. George Joseph England, 65, who spent 29 years as a fugitive after being found guilty of sexually assaulting three female children, also for 11 years molested Jackie Zudis, whom he purchased from her mother in Vietnam in the 1970s and claimed was his adopted daughter. He was not sentenced for those crimes because the victim did not report them to law enforcement until the statute of limitations had expired.

The Orange County District Attorney, OCDA, has a policy not to identify any victims of sexual assault. In this case, Jackie Zudis has asked that she be identified and her name and image be used to publicize the crimes committed against her by England and the danger he poses to society.
"This man spent a lifetime using young girls for his own perverse sexual gratification and never showing any remorse for the emotional and psychological baggage he left his victims to carry. I am sickened that my Office has been denied legal recourse to keep this child molester locked up away from children," stated District Attorney Tony Rackauckas. "Had he been convicted under the law today, England would be spending the rest of his life in prison. That's where he belongs, not on our streets and in our neighborhoods.”

After 29 years as a fugitive and an additional year in federal custody on passport fraud charges, England was returned to Orange County for sentencing in the 1977 conviction. On Sept. 1, 2006, England was sentenced to three years to life in state prison. But, under the sentencing laws of 1977, the maximum sentence he could serve in state prison was six years. Based on his prison credit for good time and work time, England was scheduled to be released today after serving just over three years.

"Beware: He's not changed, nor will he change," said Zudis as a warning to the community in a March 8, 2010, interview. "Your little girls are in trouble and you need to protect them, and you need to listen to them, and if you see them changing you need to question it and don't shield it. It's not some dirty little secret.”

In September 2009, the California Board of Parole Hearings found that England was not "suitable for parole" because he continues to "pose a current risk of danger if released into society." Nevertheless, he was scheduled for release today.

Even though England would have completed his prison term, the District Attorney has one last chance to keep such a person off the streets. This would be to have England committed to a state mental hospital under the Sexually Violent Predator, SVP, laws. The OCDA had planned to file a petition under this law to keep England in a mental institution upon completing his sentence. But, it was not to be.

In order to file a petition under the law, two independent evaluators from the Department of Mental Health must first determine whether the inmate meets the criteria of an SVP. If both evaluators opine that he meets the criteria, the case is forwarded to the OCDA for review and filing of a petition. If there is a difference of opinion, as there was in this case, two more evaluators are assigned the case and must agree that the inmate meets the criteria before forwarding the case to the OCDA to file an SVP petition. If one or both of the second group of evaluators does not conclude the person meets the SVP criteria, the person is released. End of story.

According to Nancy Kincaid, spokesperson for the California Department of Mental Health, “When an individual is referred by the Board of Prison Hearings for an evaluation by the Department of Mental Health, the Department of Mental Health, by law, cannot release the information to anyone, including the DA. It’s a privacy protected psychological evaluation.”

The Department of Mental Health informs the Board of Prison Hearings whether or not the person is an SVP, but no other information is provided. If the Department of Mental Health determines the person is not an SVP, as was the case with England, there is no further recourse for the DA and the person is released.

For a person to remain in state custody after they have served out their prison term, there must be mental illness involved. Kincaid told www.OC180NEWS.com “Many people would think that anyone who does something like this must have a mental illness, but that is just not necessarily the case.”

Is this case unusual? Kincaid said “No, not at all. There are tens of thousands of sex offenders who have gotten out of prison this way.”

The two people who make these irrevocable and unchallengeable conclusions are independent clinical psychologists, licensed by the State of California and specially trained for this kind of evaluation. But, they are not employees of the Department of Mental Health, their identities are not released, they are not subject to any public scrutiny, , and their conclusions are not challengeable by the Department of Mental Health, the DA, or anyone else.

The department supervises the process and the application of procedures by the evaluators, but “you can’t force a clinician to change their opinion”, said Kincaid. And, their opinions are absolutely binding if they decide a person is not an SPV.

The process of committing a person to a state mental institution applies after that person has served out their criminal sentence. Under new laws, namely the 2006 “Jessica’s Law”, the mandatory prison terms are much longer than those in effect when George England, Rodney Alcala, and John Gardner committed their crimes. Thus, Kincaid said “They would probably not be evaluated for SVP status because they would not get out of prison.”

http://www.oc180news.com/article/West_Orange_County_Features/Crime/Why_Do_Sexual_Predators_Get_Released_to_Rape_and_Murder_Again/18725
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »

More Gardner Sympathizers Coming Out

What are some of the excuses being made for NOT wanting to keep people like John Albert Gardner locked up? "It's too expensive!"

Well that's just too damn bad.

It's awfully weird that California is one of the most expensive per-inmate states. So, here's a possible solution: Let's get rid of all the illegals and kill the sex offenders already. We should also look at other states that end up spending considerably less than us on the prison system... let's copy THEIR model... And voila! Costs go down.

California is literally bursting at the seams with bloat and waste. There's more than enough to cut without making our communities less safe.

FROM THE FOLLOWING UT EDITORIAL: "...are people's emotions getting the better of them?" Yes. You wanting sex offenders to be properly punished is apparently nothing more than a backlash based solely on emotions.

Good heavens! Liberalism REALLY IS a mental disorder.

Here's part of the Union Tribune article in question...

Is this one of those times that cooler heads need to prevail? If so, there's just one problem: finding cooler heads. Who's not burning up, me included?

Two girls are dead.

Two girls, innocently going about their days. One, heading off to school. The other, going for a run.

It's no wonder people are clamoring for all sorts of get-tough action against sexual predators.

County Supervisor Dianne Jacob said anyone who commits a violent or sexual crime against a child should either be executed or thrown in prison and not let out.

An Escondido woman, Karen Doll-Murphy, has started a Facebook page — Support One Strike Law for Sex Offenders — in the wake of the killing of Chelsea King, 17, the Poway High School senior who disappeared Feb. 25.

Up for less than a week, the page already has more than 6,000 members.

"People are sick of seeing nothing happen to these predators," said Doll-Murphy, 49, who works as life coach.
But is her quest really a good idea? Or are people's emotions getting the better of them?

Prisons are overcrowded already. The state is broke, forcing it to release thousands of nonviolent prisoners.

And what kinds of sexual crimes would qualify for the punishment? John Gardner, the man charged in Chelsea's death, pleaded guilty to forcible lewd acts and false imprisonment of a 13-year-old girl in 2000. He accepted a plea agreement that gave him six years in prison. He served five.

Did his initial crime deserve life?

Jacob, for one, thinks Gardner, then 20, should have been put away for good then and there.

MORE...

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12130801
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
Thank-you, at least that is something, but I won't hold my breath  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:18:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1678 on: March 12, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »

Comment:

This 'mother' lied to potential character witnesses in the 2000 trial, in order that the girls would say nice things about John.
As of late last week she told my daughter "can you believe that they're trying to pin this on John?". My daughter said "well, DNA doesn't lie". Kathy replied "well you know my John wouldn't do such a thing.

I could go on, but that's enough for right now.

http://www.10news.com/news/22816642/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1679 on: March 12, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »

Thousands Of Sunflowers Donated For Chelsea King’s Memorial Service

SAN DIEGO — Poway High School's football stadium will be awash in yellow and blue Saturday as the community gathers to remember Chelsea King.

8,000 sunflowers will help add a splash of color to the remembrance. King disappeared while jogging at Rancho Bernardo Community park more than two weeks ago. A registered sex offender is in custody and charged with her murder.

Florist Carma White says she hopes the flowers help lift the community's spirit.

"What flowers bring is emotion to an event, regardless if that's a funeral, wedding, birthday, get well," she says. "Flowers bring an emotion and when you look at that emotion you see what people are trying to do. They're trying to show their love and their sympathy and their support for whatever situation is going on."

White says she and two other florist donated the flowers and their time. The service begins at 2 p.m. and is expected to last a couple of hours.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/mar/12/thousands-sunflowers-donated-chelsea-kings-memoria/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.