April 25, 2024, 09:36:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511473 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1840 on: March 25, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »

What a crock.
First off she is said to be a good supportive mother yet she sends her son, who she believes to have a form of mental illness, to serve divorce papers on the man who he considers to be a good father to him? Yea, that was a really good move.

Then she writes a letter claiming her son would benefit from therapy, that this will be the answer to his "problems" She writes this without any regard for the poor young girl he beat and tried to rape. What a nice nurse she is! Such a caring and thoughtful person!

But after he is released, did he seek this therapy? Was he in therapy? Did she know he was not in therapy? yep because it is said she was trying to get him to go, in 2009, still trying to get him to go. This must have been because she saw the need for him to go, right? So what was he doing? What made her want to get him into this therapy?

As far as the pics go, no she is not undressed, at least in the ones that have been found, but SHE IS STANDING THERE WITH 2 NAKED MEN in one pic and getting ready to SLAP THE NAKED REAR END OF ANOTHER WHO IS BENDING OVER. Yea what an upstanding person she is! She is just having a little fun.

In my opinion she has some responsibility in this and it would prove better to come out and say she was sorry if she did anything to do with pushing her son over the edge and offer her apologies and condolenses to the family.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1841 on: March 25, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »

Osborn also wrote to the judge to support Kikani’s recommendation.

“All of the research that I have done regarding persons who have engaged in this type of activity indicates that intense therapy is the best solution,” Osborn wrote. “I love my son, he is a good person. I also realize that accepting the consequences is an important part of learning. I hope that this tragedy can be one from which a positive outcome is possible. Through treatment, my son can be rehabilitated and contribute something meaningful back to society.”    ::MonkeyNoNo::And we all saw how good that worked.

Yea that worked really well. maybe she needs to admit she was wrong and give her apologies and condolenses to the family. She seems to me to be a very self serving and self motivated person.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1842 on: March 25, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »

Osborn also wrote to the judge to support Kikani’s recommendation.

“All of the research that I have done regarding persons who have engaged in this type of activity indicates that intense therapy is the best solution,” Osborn wrote. “I love my son, he is a good person. I also realize that accepting the consequences is an important part of learning. I hope that this tragedy can be one from which a positive outcome is possible. Through treatment, my son can be rehabilitated and contribute something meaningful back to society.”    ::MonkeyNoNo::And we all saw how good that worked.

Yea that worked really well. maybe she needs to admit she was wrong and give her apologies and condolenses to the family. She seems to me to be a very self serving and self motivated person.
That would be nice of her, but she seems to be a person who would never do that. I got sick reading how wonderful of a woman she is.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1843 on: March 25, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »

Snipped from Relative of Gardner's.......................

She said she was seeking the back child support because her son had been asking whether his father sent any money.

Osborn wrote to the court that if she did not pursue child support, “the messages I give to my son are: (1) He is not that important; (2) That responsibility is not that great of a commitment if you decide it’s too much or if the consequence is not that bad.”

Who in God's name would ever tell a child that you are only as important as the amount of money your father pays in child support?  Just because he didn't pay did not mean he wasn't important, I'm sorry but that is not the right thing to tell a child.  IMO she is and was looking out for number one and not her son.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1844 on: March 25, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »

Couldn't she sit her son down and say to him that his dad loves him very much and not to worry about money, that is between the adults? Why would she ever tell him he was or was not paying?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: March 25, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »

Couldn't she sit her son down and say to him that his dad loves him very much and not to worry about money, that is between the adults? Why would she ever tell him he was or was not paying?

Because she is crazy, and getting back at her son for some reason, imo.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1846 on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »

It also said that she worked extraordinarily good in a crisis. If she works so well in a crisis why wasn't she there on the day her son was sentenced? Why has she not spoken up in regards to the actions of her son? She must have known it was only a matter of time before this would happen.

How does a man who does not have a job, get his car repossessed but still manage to buy another car and pay for it with cash. Where is the money coming from. Who is paying for the gas he puts in these cars. That sounds like an enabler to me.

Then again no matter how well she works in a crisis, either way she would be the focus of why he turned out the way he did.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1847 on: March 27, 2010, 10:20:27 AM »

http://www.patriotledger.com/opinions/x905411390/War-on-sex-crimes-must-be-waged-on-many-fronts
War on sex crimes must be waged on many fronts
 The Patriot Ledger
Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 06:00 AM
EDITORIAL —

A sex crime in California that captivated the nation for most of this month was a painful and frightening reminder of our vulnerability to such predators.

Local police and prosecutors say there’s no reason to believe the same type of brutal attack – which led to the Feb. 28 arrest of a convicted sex offender for the rape and murder of a 17-year-old girl in California – couldn’t happen here.

Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III is accused of murdering Chelsea King and is a suspect in the murder of 14-year-old Amber Dubois as well.

His arrest has raised many questions.

Do sex offender registries work?

Should residency laws be strengthened to further corral where offenders can live and work?

Should the worst offenders serve longer sentences or be incarcerated for life?

Unfortunately, there are no simple answers.

Our prison system is already overburdened. And limits on where sex offenders can live and work push them further away from the support and services that are needed to keep them from re-offending.

“This problem doesn’t lend itself to one solution,” said William Keating, Norfolk County District Attorney.
Both he and Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz have lobbied for longer prison sentences, extended probation or lifetime parole for the worst offenders.

“Some of these people can’t be fixed or helped,” Cruz said. “Some of them should never be released.”

Opponents to such moves argue they violate our Constitution and would push the prison system to the point of collapse and bankrupt the state in the process.

The parents of Chelsea King have launched a campaign in California – with plans to push it as a federal law – that would strengthen oversight of child-sex predators.

They’ve introduced a bill, called Chelsea’s Law, that would increase electronic monitoring, including lifetime parole with GPS monitoring for certain offenders.

It’s an idea worth serious consideration.

Meanwhile, there are things that should change immediately, such as aggressively using existing laws.

That means judges imposing maximum-allowed sentences on the predators most likely to re-offend. That means vigilant enforcement of the existing terms of parole and probation. It also means parents taking advantage of access to information – either through the state or at local police departments – about potential threats.

Yes, the sex offender registry has it’s flaws. Some offenders do not register properly or at all.

But while it cannot pinpoint all possible threats, it gives parents more information than they would have without it.

Few things elicit the kind of visceral reaction we have to stories of sex crimes against children.

Elected representatives should continue to push for laws that improve protections without bankrupting us or gutting our system of justice.

At the same time, stories like Chelsea King’s are important reminders that even as legal protections evolve, we can never let down our guard.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1848 on: March 28, 2010, 06:51:07 PM »

It also said that she worked extraordinarily good in a crisis. If she works so well in a crisis why wasn't she there on the day her son was sentenced? Why has she not spoken up in regards to the actions of her son? She must have known it was only a matter of time before this would happen.

How does a man who does not have a job, get his car repossessed but still manage to buy another car and pay for it with cash. Where is the money coming from. Who is paying for the gas he puts in these cars. That sounds like an enabler to me.

Then again no matter how well she works in a crisis, either way she would be the focus of why he turned out the way he did.

You sure got that right! get mom's alibi, get her bank account information, get her computer records, get her shoes for soil samples, if she was in the pala area, she has aided and abetted Gardner now that we are learning how Gardner has been making it financially, he sure didn't use Bus transportation (RTA, BUS, etc) to go to work, someone helped him out.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1849 on: March 28, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »

I have only been married... umm more times then I can count, because of the wine.. lol
Anyways I have never seen a woman use the common sense thinking 100 percent of the time that you mentioned in your first sentence.
Women are vicious at the X  and spell all kinds of nice words when they get upset..

Then maybe again it is just the babes I pick that do DAT. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1850 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:30 AM »

OT, Edward I have to correct you.  I have 3 children with a man I am no longer married to. He does not pay child support, has no job, lives for the most part in his trailer in another state. I have never said one bad word about him to my children. I tell my children he loves them very much and are the most important people in the world to him. They also have no idea he doesn't pay child support, that is between the adults.
Now do I believe that? No not really, he is not a great dad to them. Thank god for my husband, their step dad, but you know I love my children and want them to be healthy, whole individuals.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1851 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »

VISTA: Neighborhood was home to Gardner
Accused killer lived on Lado de Loma, ex-roommate says

It makes Betty Gilroy "almost nauseous" to know that accused killer John Albert Gardner III lived in her Vista neighborhood two years ago.

She said she's very glad she pushed to have sex offenders removed from a sober living home on nearby Lado de Loma Drive in 2008 ---- a campaign that appears to have contributed to Gardner's removal.

"I would do it again in a heartbeat," said Gilroy, the mother of an 18-year-old daughter.

State prison officials forced seven sex offenders from the house in May 2008. The residence, which has a weed-choked front lawn and planks missing from its fence, was not licensed to house that many sex offenders. It sits in a hilly residential neighborhood overlooking South Santa Fe Avenue and nearby rail tracks.

Gardner was charged March 3 with the murder of Poway teen Chelsea King. He is a suspect in the death of Escondido teen Amber Dubois. Remains of the two girls were found earlier this month in separate North County locations.

Gardner, according to his roommate at the time, lived at the Lado de Loma home for about two months. The roommate, who also is a registered sex offender, contacted the North County Times last week and spoke at length about Gardner.

MORE...

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/vista/article_46273db8-db8a-5010-9917-5143c7062ee9.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »

Sex offender board lacks resources
Group reviewing how state handled parole short on staff, budget

The board that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger picked to review the state’s handling of convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III’s parole has no budget, barely any staff and a history of attendance problems.

The 17-seat Sex Offender Management Board lacks a chairman and didn’t even manage a quorum this month at the first meeting to discuss its new mission.

Two of the eight members who showed up were officials from the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation — the agency under scrutiny for destroying some of Gardner’s parole documents and allowing him to stay on the streets despite seven parole violations in 2007 and 2008. He now stands accused of killing Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

More...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/29/sex-offender-board-lacks-resources/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: March 29, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

Activist says mental health clash helped free Gardner

Before convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III was paroled in 2005, prison psychologists twice deemed him too dangerous for release but evaluators with the state Department of Mental Health disagreed both times, according to a prominent child-safety advocate.

Marc Klaas, whose daughter Polly was abducted in Petaluma and slain in 1993, said the stalemate helped Gardner avoid being placed in a mental hospital for treatment that could have kept him off the streets indefinitely.

Klaas said his information comes from Department of Mental Health employees who have seen the psychological evaluations on Gardner. His allegations raise further questions about how the state handled Gardner following his conviction in 2000 for molesting and beating a 13-year-old girl in Rancho Bernardo.

“Californians have made it very clear that public safety is a high priority, but the bureaucracy isn’t working,” Klaas said. “Dangerous people are being put back on our streets, and we are completely unaware of it.”

MORE..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/28/activist-says-mental-health-clash-helped-free/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »

REGION: Sex offenders share lack of empathy
Experts say refusal to acknowledge crime increases chance of new offense

Some are young, some are old, some are middle-aged.

They can be poor, wealthy or middle-class. Some are smart, some not so smart.

While researchers say sex offenders fit no typical profile, they share the characteristics of deviant sexual arousal, interests or preferences, according to the U.S. Department of Justice's Center for Sex Offender Management.

Those include sexual contact with young children or adolescents; sexual contact with others against their will; inflicting pain or humiliation on others; taking part in or watching violent acts; exposing themselves in public; and secretly watching others undress or engage in sexual contact.

When they commit their crimes, nearly all sex offenders are aware that what they are doing is illegal and harmful to their victim, the center says.

"Yet they engage in the behavior anyway," the center says. "What happens is that sex offenders may tell themselves that the behavior is not harmful, or that it is less serious, or claim that the victim enjoyed the behavior."

Sex offenders such as John Albert Gardner III, who refuse to take responsibility for their crimes, are more likely to commit another sex offense, according to a San Diego State University sociologist.

"With adolescents, the earlier you identify them, the more successful treatment is," said Dr. Thom Reilly, director of the university's School of Social Work. "The older someone gets, and if they are unwilling to admit their offense, the chances of treatment being successful are a lot less."

Gardner's records show he repeatedly denied committing the lewd and lascivious acts with a 13-year-old girl that resulted in a six-year prison term in 2000.

It was the girl's mother, not he, who was responsible for beating her, the then-20-year-old Gardner told authorities.

"The defendant made no mention whatsoever of feeling contrition or remorse," according to a pre-sentence report.

Denying culpability signals a likelihood to reoffend, Reilly said during an interview last week.

"With someone who refuses to acknowledge their crime or who blame others, there's a lot less chance that the behaviors will be changed," he said.

Four years after he was paroled in 2006, Gardner, 30, is charged with the Feb. 25 slaying and sexual assault of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

Gardner is also charged with the Dec. 27 assault on a jogger at Rancho Bernardo Community Park, the same park near where Chelsea was slain.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and he remains the only named suspect in the February 2009 disappearance and murder of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido.

Lack of empathy

San Diego clinical psychologist Dr. Michael Mantell has worked with sex offenders for decades and says most share a characteristic: "These are people with tremendous deficits of empathy."

Sex offenders are almost always victims of some type of abuse when they were young.

Gardner, for example, told authorities after his arrest in 2000 that he often was beaten by his father, whom he described as an alcoholic.

"The psychology of the offender almost always includes having been offended themselves," Mantell said. "Somewhere in their life, the person has been preyed upon and hurt emotionally. I haven't seen any (sex offender) who wasn't her- or himself hurt in a physical, emotional or sexual way."

Researchers say it's those who are never treated for such abuse that pose a higher risk of becoming sex offenders later in life.

Mantell said his experience in working with sex offenders convinces him they are driven by impulse to commit their crimes.

"These people are obsessed," he said. "It's always on their minds."

From everything he has learned about Gardner, including the conclusion of the psychologist who interviewed Gardner in 2000 and determined he was a predator who represented a continuing danger, Mantell said he believes the murder suspect "has all the signs and symptoms of a multiple sex offender."

"When a psychologist says 'he cannot be rehabilitated,' you need remarkably compelling evidence to the contrary to believe the behavior will ever change," Mantell said. "These are people who, in their core belief system, think that having sex with kids is OK. It's only the ones who show genuine remorse and are really working at it who are good candidates for rehabilitation."

Someone who kills in the commission of a rape or an attempted rape, as Gardner is accused of doing, is considered a "lust murderer."

"They enjoy watching their victim suffer," Mantell said.

MORE....

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_1e6eda8a-8735-50db-95bc-4bad80e4285a.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1855 on: March 29, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

Sex offender board lacks resources
Group reviewing how state handled parole short on staff, budget

The board that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger picked to review the state’s handling of convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III’s parole has no budget, barely any staff and a history of attendance problems.

The 17-seat Sex Offender Management Board lacks a chairman and didn’t even manage a quorum this month at the first meeting to discuss its new mission.

Two of the eight members who showed up were officials from the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation — the agency under scrutiny for destroying some of Gardner’s parole documents and allowing him to stay on the streets despite seven parole violations in 2007 and 2008. He now stands accused of killing Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

More...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/29/sex-offender-board-lacks-resources/
Why am I not surprised at that 
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1856 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »

Snipped from Relative of Gardner's.......................

She said she was seeking the back child support because her son had been asking whether his father sent any money.

Osborn wrote to the court that if she did not pursue child support, “the messages I give to my son are: (1) He is not that important; (2) That responsibility is not that great of a commitment if you decide it’s too much or if the consequence is not that bad.”

Who in God's name would ever tell a child that you are only as important as the amount of money your father pays in child support?  Just because he didn't pay did not mean he wasn't important, I'm sorry but that is not the right thing to tell a child.  IMO she is and was looking out for number one and not her son.

Clearly this money was needed to fund the Hasher's Beer Run Fund... we all know how expensive it can be for the person who is making the B double E, double R un, Beer Run, Beer Run...

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1857 on: March 30, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »

I have to say one more thing and then I will stop talking about Jag's mother.

For the rest of there lives the King Family and the Dubois Family will forever be linked to John Albert Gardner and the outcome of his life. They will spend years in the courts system. Then years in the media system while television will humanize Jag (he could marry like one of the Menendez boys). They will forever have to justify why he is a monster and should remain a monster.

Why should his mother be exempt from a lifetime of explanations. She also should take some responsibility and forever be linked to John Albert Gardner. She raised a son who became a sexual predator who kills. How she lived her life had it's effects on her son.

I remember how creepy Damer's interview was on television with Stone Phillips. The relationship he had with his father was scary, but his mother's interview was even more disturbing. The first time I watched it I was to creept out to pay attention. The second time I watched it I noticed that at least his father was there for his son and trying to find out why he did what he did. Jeffery's Mother just wanted to be erased from his life. She was not a monster maker and that man in prison was not her son. She changed her name and her other son's name and erased themselves from Jeffery's life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/22997287/detail.html

King's Parents, Assemblyman To Hold Forum For Chelsea's Law

POSTED: 5:00 am PDT March 30, 2010
POWAY, Calif. -- The parents of slain Poway High School senior Chelsea King and state Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher plan to host a two-hour community forum Tuesday as part of their campaign for stricter sex offender legislation.

Fletcher, R-San Diego, and the King family want to enact "Chelsea's Law," which would mandate stricter sentencing for violent sex offenders and more intensive monitoring of those who are released from prison.

Chelsea, a straight-A student, athlete and musician, went missing Feb. 25 after she went for an after-school run near Lake Hodges. Her body was discovered five days later in a shallow grave near the water's edge.

Convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III is charged with her rape and murder. Gardner, 30, was registered as a Lake Elsinore resident but was staying with his mother in Rancho Bernardo, near where Chelsea was slain.

Gardner pleaded guilty 10 years ago to sexually assaulting a 13-year-old neighbor girl at his mother's home in Rancho Bernardo. A psychiatrist recommended Gardner receive the maximum sentenced of 30 years in prison, but the District Attorney's Office made a plea deal to spare the victim from testifying at trial. Under that deal, Gardner served five years of a six-year sentence.

Tuesday's forum is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Maranatha Chapel in 4S Ranch.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1859 on: March 30, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »

I have to say one more thing and then I will stop talking about Jag's mother.

For the rest of there lives the King Family and the Dubois Family will forever be linked to John Albert Gardner and the outcome of his life. They will spend years in the courts system. Then years in the media system while television will humanize Jag (he could marry like one of the Menendez boys). They will forever have to justify why he is a monster and should remain a monster.

Why should his mother be exempt from a lifetime of explanations. She also should take some responsibility and forever be linked to John Albert Gardner. She raised a son who became a sexual predator who kills. How she lived her life had it's effects on her son.

I remember how creepy Damer's interview was on television with Stone Phillips. The relationship he had with his father was scary, but his mother's interview was even more disturbing. The first time I watched it I was to creept out to pay attention. The second time I watched it I noticed that at least his father was there for his son and trying to find out why he did what he did. Jeffery's Mother just wanted to be erased from his life. She was not a monster maker and that man in prison was not her son. She changed her name and her other son's name and erased themselves from Jeffery's life.

Good points armchair. She will be tied to him as she should.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.