April 25, 2024, 07:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511442 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »

Interesting article. It gives a more detailed glimps of this girl. Apparently she was involved in some kind of peer counseling and also does some tutoring? she also is known to change into running cloths and go for a jog after school in this area.  What I noticed that I think is sort of odd is the two moms kind of look alike. 

http://www.pomeradonews.com/article/News/News/Seach_for_teen_will_continue_through_weekend/32666

The search for 17-year-old Chelsea King will continue through the night and weekend in Rancho Bernardo Community Park’s open space San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said Friday night.
“Obviously, we want a quick end to the search for Chelsea so we can bring her back to her parents,” Gore said.
The lack of clues almost 24 hours after Brent King discovered his daughter’s black BMW in the Rancho Bernardo-Glassman Recreation Center parking lot near the tennis courts around 6:45 p.m. Thursday is concerning, Gore said, “but we’re still optimistic.”
As about 60 search and rescue team members continue to search the park via air and ground, Gore said other investigators are talking to those living in nearby homes. In addition, dive teams have been searching the Lake Hodges shoreline.
 The Laura Recovery Center Foundation is organizing locals who want to help in the search on Saturday. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, bring a valid ID and dress for the weather, said Fiona Oberrick, a foundation member from Sabre Springs. They should also wear comfortable shoes and bring water. They will be sent to assigned areas in groups of 10 to 15 volunteers for two-hour shifts between 1 and 4 p.m., she said.
Volunteers are to meet — rain or shine — at the RB United office, 11858 Bernardo Plaza Court, Suite 200 in Rancho Bernardo. It is behind Citibank. For details, call 858-485-8502.
 The group has conducted such searches “in tandem” with law enforcement before, Oberrick said. These included the search for Danielle Van Dam, the 7-year-old abducted from her Sabre Springs home in 2002, and Amber Dubois, who disappeared while walking to Escondido High in February 2009.
Due to the search for King, all activities in Rancho Bernardo Community Park have been canceled for this weekend, said Teri Adams, the recreation center’s director.
King was last seen around 2 p.m. Thursday at Poway High, where she is a senior. Authorities said it is believed the cross-country team member went to run after school.
In a Friday afternoon press conference, Gore said after King did not come home, her parents called AT&T to locate her cell phone. That’s how her father located her car and then contacted the sheriff’s department.
Gore said it was King’s habit after school to change from school clothes into jogging clothes and run for four to six miles in the RB park and other local areas.

Authorities are also checking the teenager’s home computer and her cell phone, found inside her car with her school clothes.
King’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, along with Gore, spoke at a press conference late Friday morning.
“We’ve been missing our daughter since 6 last night,” Brent King said. “We’vee been provided with every resource available to locate her and are praying (for) Chelsea..”
 The tearful mother said she wanted to thank all the volunteers who are looking for their daughter.
“Please help us bring her home,” she said. “She’s such a good girl.”
The missing teen is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 115 pounds with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.
Thus far, volunteers have devoted their efforts to making and posting fliers throughout Rancho Bernardo and Poway.
Linda Farmer, a Poway Unified budget analyst, said she was one of the volunteers because her daughter is a friend of King.
“I’m very concerned,” Farmer said. “Any time a child is missing is a serious issue.”
Poway High junior Yadira Molina, 17, was among the cross country and track team members who came to the park Friday morning looking for ways to help.
Molina, who learned of her friend’s disappearance Thursday night via Facebook, said she knows King through peer counseling, one of her many activities.
Relative Stephanie Dorian is among the out-of-area family members who have come to comfort King’s parents and 13-year-old brother, Tyler. The family moved to Poway three years ago from Chicago, Ill.
Dorian described King as “a tremendously amazing ... intelligent and resourceful girl.”
Mike Cook, director of instrumental music at Poway High, said, “Chelsea has a very bubbly personality, always smiling.” For the past two years, she has been first chair for the French horn section in the school’s wind symphony, he said.
King has also volunteered at clean-ups and tutors local youth.
Anyone with information about King’s disappearance  is asked to call the San Diego County Sheriff at 858-565-5200.
 Staff Writer Pat Kumpan contributed to this story.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 01:47:05 AM »

What does this mean,

What are "clean ups"?
It was also mentioned she did other volunteer work, did she happen to volunteer to at any of the Amber events such as the walk a-thon? 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 03:46:14 AM »

What sad news, I pray that she is found safe.
So much like Amber's abduction,  so close, the time of year, daytime etc. This time it looks like they are taking it seriously immediately , that can only help.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 04:27:42 AM »

It is so sad that women continue to do things like jog alone.
It is so sad that Americans living today can not see that we are under attack by illegal aliens who prey on out children and adults.

It is a sad time in history where Americans have lost there ability to think and stand up as well as fight back.

It is sad.

I do agree with Sweet Justice's comment down thread about blanket blame on any one group, but a side note that just occurred to me, when I was coming home this afternoon, my exit is 3 down from where Chelsea was and there was a unusually large group of guys, 25-30 hanging out on the sidewalk and underpass. There is usually only a few visible, the rest are up in the canyon so guess word spread that it was safer in the open than in their makeshift camp spots.
We don't know what happened to her or who may be involved but I do resent the fact that there are many, many men that live in these canyons year round and it's creepy to use the paved and unpaved trails because just a few feet from where you are walking or riding there is often men lounging/sleeping. We won't even allow the 13 yr olds to ride or skate in pairs near there.     
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 06:46:16 AM »

http://www.sdentertainer.com/features/neighborhood/poway-teen-chelsea-king-missing-search-efforts-continue/

Poway teen missing – Chelsea King search efforts continue

Posted by Anny H. Ruth on Friday, February 26, 2010 · 2 Comments
News of Poway teen Chelsea King’s disappearance on February 25 has spread quickly. 17 year old King, a member of Poway High School’s cross country running team, went for a run on Thursday and did not return.

According to reports, King often runs in the Rancho Bernardo Community Park. The park lies on the southern shore of Lake Hodges and includes trails that weave through hills and connect to Lake Hodges.

Search crews were dispatched last night and today the search continues. San Diego County search teams have enlisted special canine units to aide in the search and boats have been brought north to assist in the search on Lake Hodges.

Rancho Bernardo-area residents have been contacted and alerted to report if they have seen the teen. In this time, we ask that all members of the San Diego community remain alert. Anyone with information on King is asked to report to the sheriff’s department (858) 565-5200) or the county Crime Stoppers (619-531-2000). King is white, around 5 feet 5 and 115 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Anytime someone goes missing, residents of San Diego should be on high alert. Times like these remind us to stay alert and take proper safety precautions.

Every day thousands of San Diego residents enjoy running or walking on the hundreds of trails our city has to offer. While running outside is far nicer than hitting the treadmill, there are far more risks. Please be careful and head this advice:

* Run outside during daylight hours, especially if you’re alone. At night, wear reflective clothing and always run with a partner or in a group.
    * Always run in familiar areas, or areas with other runners and hikers.
    * Refrain from running with headphones. If you must, keep them at a low volume or in one ear so you can be aware of your surroundings.
    * Carry an ID, emergency contact information, and a cell phone with you.
    * Buy and carry pepper spray
    * Take a self defense class
    * Always trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, seek refuge as soon as possible.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »

What does this mean,

What are "clean ups"?
It was also mentioned she did other volunteer work, did she happen to volunteer to at any of the Amber events such as the walk a-thon? 

I imagine cleaning up the side of the road or area near the school.  There is a HS near us and occasionally I see HS kids picking up trash near the school.  You know how kids can litter.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Search-Underway-for-Missing-Poway-Teen-85480472.html

Missing Teen May Have Been Abducted: FBI

By MICHELLE WAYLAND
Updated 5:56 PM PST, Fri, Feb 26, 2010

The FBI is now involved in a missing girl case in Poway, looking into the possibility that Chelsea King may have been abducted. Investigators have taken Chelsea’s computer and cell phone into custody, according to Sheriff Bill Gore.

Friends, neighbors and family members joined search and rescue teams from San Diego, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties as well as San Diego police to search a web of running trails just south of Lake Hodges Friday looking for the Poway High School student who has been missing since Thursday afternoon.

“We have dive teams that are looking along the shore lines of Lake Hodges,” Gore said at a 5 p.m. press conference. “Obviously we're concerned otherwise we wouldn't have all these resources out here looking for her. But I'm still optimistic.”

King, 17, went for a run about 2 p.m. Thursday at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. When it got dark and her parents hadn't heard from her, they became worried and called police.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »

FYI - I live north of San Diego and it's raining pretty good right now.  They are forcasting rain most of the day so I'm sure it will hamper the search today.  They do expect it will clear up by tomorrow.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »

I've been thinking about mountain lions. The park by my house where people go hiking at, has signs up about this, and several hikers have been attacked since I've lived here. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 10:51:53 AM »

I hope she is found quickly..........prayers for her and her family......but I don't have a good feeling about this........

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 11:20:57 AM »

http://www.mylocalnews.com/

Seach for teen will continue through weekend
Elizabeth Marie Himchak
Published 02/26/2010 - 8:10 p.m.

Seach for teen will continue through weekend

The search for 17-year-old Chelsea King will continue through the night and weekend in Rancho Bernardo Community Park’s open space San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said Friday night.

“Obviously, we want a quick end to the search for Chelsea so we can bring her back to her parents,” Gore said.

The lack of clues almost 24 hours after Brent King discovered his daughter’s black BMW in the Rancho Bernardo-Glassman Recreation Center parking lot near the tennis courts around 6:45 p.m. Thursday is concerning, Gore said, “but we’re still optimistic.”

As about 60 search and rescue team members continue to search the park via air and ground, Gore said other investigators are talking to those living in nearby homes. In addition, dive teams have been searching the Lake Hodges shoreline.

The Laura Recovery Center Foundation is organizing locals who want to help in the search on Saturday. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, bring a valid ID and dress for the weather, said Fiona Oberrick, a foundation member from Sabre Springs. They should also wear comfortable shoes and bring water. They will be sent to assigned areas in groups of 10 to 15 volunteers for two-hour shifts between 1 and 4 p.m., she said.

Volunteers are to meet — rain or shine — at the RB United office, 11858 Bernardo Plaza Court, Suite 200 in Rancho Bernardo. It is behind Citibank. For details, call 858-485-8502.

The group has conducted such searches “in tandem” with law enforcement before, Oberrick said. These included the search for Danielle Van Dam, the 7-year-old abducted from her Sabre Springs home in 2002, and Amber Dubois, who disappeared while walking to Escondido High in February 2009.

Due to the search for King, all activities in Rancho Bernardo Community Park have been canceled for this weekend, said Teri Adams, the recreation center’s director.

King was last seen around 2 p.m. Thursday at Poway High, where she is a senior. Authorities said it is believed the cross-country team member went to run after school.

In a Friday afternoon press conference, Gore said after King did not come home, her parents called AT&T to locate her cell phone. That’s how her father located her car and then contacted the sheriff’s department.

Gore said it was King’s habit after school to change from school clothes into jogging clothes and run for four to six miles in the RB park and other local areas.

Authorities are also checking the teenager’s home computer and her cell phone, found inside her car with her school clothes.

King’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, along with Gore, spoke at a press conference late Friday morning.

“We’ve been missing our daughter since 6 last night,” Brent King said. “We’vee been provided with every resource available to locate her and are praying (for) Chelsea..”

The tearful mother said she wanted to thank all the volunteers who are looking for their daughter.

“Please help us bring her home,” she said. “She’s such a good girl.”

The missing teen is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 115 pounds with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.

Thus far, volunteers have devoted their efforts to making and posting fliers throughout Rancho Bernardo and Poway.

Linda Farmer, a Poway Unified budget analyst, said she was one of the volunteers because her daughter is a friend of King.

“I’m very concerned,” Farmer said. “Any time a child is missing is a serious issue.”

Poway High junior Yadira Molina, 17, was among the cross country and track team members who came to the park Friday morning looking for ways to help.

Molina, who learned of her friend’s disappearance Thursday night via Facebook, said she knows King through peer counseling, one of her many activities.

Relative Stephanie Dorian is among the out-of-area family members who have come to comfort King’s parents and 13-year-old brother, Tyler. The family moved to Poway three years ago from Chicago, Ill.

Dorian described King as “a tremendously amazing ... intelligent and resourceful girl.”

Mike Cook, director of instrumental music at Poway High, said, “Chelsea has a very bubbly personality, always smiling.” For the past two years, she has been first chair for the French horn section in the school’s wind symphony, he said.

Anyone with information about King’s disappearance  is asked to call the San Diego County Sheriff at 858-565-5200.

Staff Writer Pat Kumpan contributed to this story.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »

I hope she is found quickly..........prayers for her and her family......but I don't have a good feeling about this........
I don't have a good feeling either, what a beautiful young girl  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 11:30:14 AM »

On the Poway topix site:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poway-ca/TKPER0AGU4H7P3V8S

Jabb
Escondido, CA

17 hrs ago

I am a runner too. I park my car and run the trails there as well. BUT I head down the hill to the big bridge across from I-15. Maybe she did that? You have run back up the big hill at the end to get back to your car-being a runner I know it's a good work out after those trails. Also there is that semi-clean port-o-potty at the end of the bridge. I've seen some shady characters on those trails too! I am no detective but I think it maybe worth taking a dog or 2 through the trails down that way. God bless her and her family!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »

More on the search...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »

On the Poway topix site:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poway-ca/TKPER0AGU4H7P3V8S

Jabb
Escondido, CA

17 hrs ago

I am a runner too. I park my car and run the trails there as well. BUT I head down the hill to the big bridge across from I-15. Maybe she did that? You have run back up the big hill at the end to get back to your car-being a runner I know it's a good work out after those trails. Also there is that semi-clean port-o-potty at the end of the bridge. I've seen some shady characters on those trails too! I am no detective but I think it maybe worth taking a dog or 2 through the trails down that way. God bless her and her family!
Federal Police Seeking information on the wanted in question man Chris Pirillo. If anyone has any whereabouts of this man, DO NOT APPROCHED HIM, dial 911 and report I.D. incident # CA.-L.A.CO.00334HH7R

Suspect brn hr.
Brn eyes
5'10
155 lbs.
driving Northbound I-5 frwy at a high rate speed. Suspect last seen in Woodland Hills, Ca passing North Hollywood into Burbank, took the I-5 North Bound Exit, law enforcement seeks the Public's help.
Wearing kaki shirt, light brn pants, dress shoes, suspect wanted in question for Rape with excessive force. Victim at scene. Suspect fled police before police arrived late last night. Los Angeles County Connor's Office DPL      Just saw this on the link you provided.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »

It's raining like mad in Escondido this morning and I would guess it is raining in Rancho Bernardo as well. This means crucial evedance is being washed away and searching is going to be muddy very muddy.

I did notice that the picture that klass put up looks like Chelsea was on a train. How long ago was that train ride? Amber use to take the train. Was it the same train route?

Could she have been abducted in the parking lot before she went on the run? Was anyone else running at around the same time? Could a car have pulled in just after she did in the parking lot?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »

Teenage Runner Chelsea King Missing, Abduction Suspected
February 27th, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD Tell a Friend -

By Ranjan Bhaduri
kingSan Diego, Feb 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Chelsea King (17), a teenage long distance runner from Poway California went missing since Thursday evening. Chelsea King went out for her routine run in the evening and never returned. After her parents lodged a complaint, a search party was assigned for the missing girl. The authorities however suspects an abduction case. They are in process of scanning and searching her phone records and her computer for any sort of clues that might help them in their investigation.

Chelsea King is a seventeen year old cross country runner at Poway High and she went running in the Rancho Bernardo Park. However, the cops have successfully found the missing teen’s car, her cell phone and her school clothes. The officials also employed the cell towers technology in determining her cell phone location which indicated it was somewhere in the West Bernardo Drive Community Park, close to the Aguamiel Road. The cell phone was located from inside the parked vehicle but there wasn’t any sign of Chelsea King. When the search throughout the day went in vain, the officials and the deputies set up a command center right at the spot in the park.

The San Diego County Sheriff informs that the night search operation had already started and the rescuers shall have complete assistance of the sheriff office helicopters for any air-search while the terrain vehicles are also keeping a track in the search operation. Chelsea King is reported to be in her jeans. Any whereabouts about the girl coming from any individual is requested to get in immediate contact with the San Diego Police.

More at : Teenage Runner Chelsea King Missing, Abduction Suspected http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/teenage-runner-chelsea-king-missing-abduction-suspected_100327363.html#ixzz0glCbEgJM
 (This may be new info, or I missed it that Chelsea is reported to be in her jeans.)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

I am so happy to know that LE is going at this full force and not pondering the idea that maybe she just ran away and dragging their feet. I think they lost valuable time in locating Amber because of that.

So if a mountain lion was to take a person, would they drag them off and then try to attack them or would they just pounce right there? I would suspect there would be blood somewhere?
I can't find anything new on the shoe they found, has anyone heard anything?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »

I am so happy to know that LE is going at this full force and not pondering the idea that maybe she just ran away and dragging their feet. I think they lost valuable time in locating Amber because of that.

So if a mountain lion was to take a person, would they drag them off and then try to attack them or would they just pounce right there? I would suspect there would be blood somewhere?
I can't find anything new on the shoe they found, has anyone heard anything?
They have been known to drag a person off, and they can pounce right there as well. I just mentioned that because it does happen, but don't think with Chelsea this is what happened. I had read on another forum that the shoe and pedometer was not Chelsea's but at this point don't know if that is rumor or true. I'm confused about her being in jeans, it would seem rather difficult to run in jeans.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

Maybe the jeans were jean shorts and not long pants? They don't sound like the most comfortable things to run in either though....I can't imagine someone running in long jeans, especially when they have gone to the trouble of changing out of school cloths, idk. On one of the news sites I read at last night it said they didn't know what she was wearing but thought it was running cloths. hmmmm don't know.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.