March 28, 2024, 06:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 509526 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »

I am so happy to know that LE is going at this full force and not pondering the idea that maybe she just ran away and dragging their feet. I think they lost valuable time in locating Amber because of that.

So if a mountain lion was to take a person, would they drag them off and then try to attack them or would they just pounce right there? I would suspect there would be blood somewhere?
I can't find anything new on the shoe they found, has anyone heard anything?

http://www.techbanyan.com/9721/chelsea-king-17-year-old-poway-high-school-student/

Chelsea King, 17-Year-Old Poway High School Student, Missing Near San Diego

By: Saul Relative | 27 February 2010 `

Sometime Thursday afternoon, Brent and Kelly King realized that their daughter, Chelsea, was more than just late from her run in nearby Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Since her father reported her missing, some 200 rescue workers, law enforcement officials, and volunteers have searched a five-mile area in and around the park for two days, hoping to find more than just her locked car, which was found in a parking area of the park. As the search nears 72 hours, investigators have yet to find anything that would cause them to think the Poway High School cross country runner was abducted.

But Chelsea King doesn’t fit the profile of a runaway. Likeable, energetic, a straight-A student, and no history of trouble, San Diego County officials are treating her disappearance as a missing persons case. The FBI has joined the hunt. Dogs, divers, and helicopters have been employed in the searches that have fanned out within the park and along possible routes the teen may have taken on her run (which reportedly would usually encompass five or more miles). Posters of Chelsea King are plastered all over Poway and nearby towns and classmates took a day off from school Friday to pass out fliers on the streets of Poway and nearby Escondido to help in finding the missing teen.

“We have probably 150 to 250 deputies, officers, agents and volunteers all night long and they will continue to stay here as long as needed,” Jan Caldwell, a San Diego County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson, told reporters.

Sign On San Diego reported that radio chatter indicated that a running shoe and a pedometer had been found during the searches, but officials made no comment as to whether or not either item was germane to Chelsea King’s case.

The 17-year-old long-distance runner is described as 5′ 5″, blond-haired, blue-eyed, weighing approximately 115 pounds. Anyone with information regarding Chelsea King’s disappearance or having information that would lead to establishing her whereabouts are urged to call the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department at (858) 565-5200 or San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (619) 531-2000.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »

I wish I could post pics because I think it would be interesting in seeing a side x side of the moms and then the 2 girls. Could it be just a coincidence? I hope Escondido LE is in communication with Poway and vise versa
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »

Thank you Klaas for posting that article about the shoe.

I wonder what was her last hair color? Some reports are saying blond, some say strawberry blond, in some pics she has blond hair and in others it is red. This is reminding me of the Sandra Cantu, we plastered posters of a dark brown hair little girl and then we saw pics of Sandra with almost blond hair.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »

I wonder what was her last hair color? Some reports are saying blond, some say strawberry blond, in some pics she has blond hair and in others it is red. This is reminding me of the Sandra Cantu, we plastered posters of a dark brown hair little girl and then we saw pics of Sandra with almost blond hair.
On her missing poster the hair color says strawberry blond, so I don't know you are right some pics she has blond and red hair.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »

On her missing poster the hair color says strawberry blond, so I don't know you are right some pics she has blond and red hair.

I believe they said died red?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

I wish I could post pics because I think it would be interesting in seeing a side x side of the moms and then the 2 girls. Could it be just a coincidence? I hope Escondido LE is in communication with Poway and vise versa

I don't think they look like eachother..

Chelsea

Amber

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »

Other than looking like sweet young girls with the rest of their lives ahead of them
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »

It is so sad that women continue to do things like jog alone.
It is so sad that Americans living today can not see that we are under attack by illegal aliens who prey on out children and adults.

It is a sad time in history where Americans have lost there ability to think and stand up as well as fight back.

It is sad.

I do agree with Sweet Justice's comment down thread about blanket blame on any one group, but a side note that just occurred to me, when I was coming home this afternoon, my exit is 3 down from where Chelsea was and there was a unusually large group of guys, 25-30 hanging out on the sidewalk and underpass. There is usually only a few visible, the rest are up in the canyon so guess word spread that it was safer in the open than in their makeshift camp spots.
We don't know what happened to her or who may be involved but I do resent the fact that there are many, many men that live in these canyons year round and it's creepy to use the paved and unpaved trails because just a few feet from where you are walking or riding there is often men lounging/sleeping. We won't even allow the 13 yr olds to ride or skate in pairs near there.     

Hi Mizjay- Your statements of the men living in the canyon really scares the **** out of me. Why is this allowed? (camps of immigrants in the canyon)

I am going to assume that most of these people in these makeshift camps are here illegally. This is what bothers me about our open door policy: If there is a crime scene and dna evidence it is likely that the perp is never found if he is "illegally" here in our country and if the perp is found we can't seek the death penalty. I wont get into all my feelings about these illegal aliens feeding off of our resources but if we do not get control of our borders I am afraid we are going to see more and more of this element violating our residents and resources. JMHO of course. Smile

I don't have a good feeling about the fate of this beautiful young girl but pray that she turns up safely.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »

Other than looking like sweet young girls with the rest of their lives ahead of them

Yes they do have their whole life, both are so young and haven't had a chance to really do anything yet...so sad and I pray they both are found safe and sound.

I don't think they are exactly alike but they are similar types. Both have reddish hair, light skin, blue eyes. Could be a preference? 
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/rancho-bernardo/article_74fbafd9-6cd5-5412-b176-8100e8a0a31a.html

RANCHO BERNARDO: Public help requested in noon search for Chelsea King

New volunteer effort being organized for missing Poway teen

North County Times staff | Posted: February 27, 2010 11:00 am

RANCHO BERNARDO ---- There was still no sign of missing Poway High School student Chelsea King Saturday as volunteers were planning a massive canvas of areas around Rancho Community Park, where the 17-year-old girl was last seen Thursday evening.

About 80 searchers working under the direction of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department were scouring the park's hiking trails south of Lake Hodges, where the search has been concentrated since Chelsea was reported missing after going for a run.

As the search that has been classified as a missing person's case begins to look more like a possible abduction, a volunteer group based in Texas, the Laura Recovery Center, was setting up a Chelsea King Search Center at the request of the girl's parents, Brent and Kelly King.

The family is asking that volunteers at least age 18 and with valid identification meet at 11858 Bernardo Plaza Drive starting at noon.

"We want to commence the search at 1 p.m.," said Fiona Oberrick, a San Diego resident who works with the Laura Recovery Center. "We are doing mapping and working with law enforcement to search areas they have given us permission to search."

The Laura Recovery Center describes itself as a group that works to "prevent abductions and runaways and to recover missing children by fostering a triangle of trust among law enforcement, community and missing child's family."

Oberrick said she expects as many as 500 or more people to take part in today's search effort.

"The mood is very upbeat and we feel confident we will have some good results," Oberrick said.

Sheriff's Lt. Harold Turner said a news conference to update the public about law enforcement's efforts to find the missing long-distance runner will likely take place this afternoon.

The Deputy Sheriff's Association of San Diego County announced Saturday it is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to Chelsea's whereabouts.

The 2,100-member group is headquartered near Poway High School and Chelsea's disappearance has touched its members, said spokeswoman Paola Avila.

Association President Ernie Carrillo said the girl's disappearance "really hits home for us."

"Not only because our deputies are out there right now searching for her, but because she is a member of our community," he said in a prepared statement.

The hiking trails where Chelsea disappeared have been closed to the public since the search effort began.

Chelsea, a straight-A student at Poway High School who played the French horn in the San Diego Youth Symphony, liked to run in the area after school, according to friends and family.

She routinely ran four to six miles along the web of trails on the southern shores of Lake Hodges.

People were distributing fliers with Chelsea's picture in the region Friday, including in Escondido, where the one-year anniversary of another missing teen, Amber Dubois, was observed on Feb. 13. Amber was last seen as she walked to Escondido High School.

At Poway High School on Friday, Lucas Newby, 16, said he barely knew his classmate but felt compelled to help by distributing fliers all morning. The teen said it was the third in a string of traumatic events for the school in the past year.

In December, 17-year-old Veronica Aguirre, a senior at the school, was killed when she lost control of a vehicle she was driving on Mountain Meadow Road in rural Escondido.

Another student, Clayton Blackburn, who would have been a sophomore this year, died in his sleep last summer.

"It's been rough," Newby said. "We've had a rough year."

Seventeen-year-old Sean Golightly said he had taken several classes with Chelsea and described her as a happy student.

Chelsea parked her car, a black BMW, in the community center parking lot on West Bernardo Drive after school Thursday in preparation for a run, sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said. She did not return to her locked car, Caldwell said.

Chelsea is white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 115 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Poway High School Principal Scott Fisher addressed students Friday morning via the intercom system to inform students Chelsea was missing, said Sharon Raffer, a spokeswoman for the district. She added that counselors were available for students if needed.

Chelsea is scheduled to graduate from Poway High School this spring.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Sheriff's Department at 858-565-5200.

Those interested in volunteering with the group can all 858-485-8502.

Posted in Rancho-bernardo on Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:00 am Updated: 12:15 pm.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »

Online scanner with search party, scroll down to North San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police Live Scanner. Alot of chatter from search groups.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=219

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »

Thanks cartfly

The situation is not looking good.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »

we recorded a few incidents last year in Poway in Amber's Dubois thread.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

law enforcement might already be looking at the vehicle (BMW) for fingerprints, if somebody did take her he would have not let her keep her cell phone, he could have been hiding close by to her car, maybe even parked the car there at the community park parking lot to make it look like she had made it to the park to go for a run.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »

everyone should be allowed to jog/run alone, you can't let those perv's get in your way, i don't even let rain get in my way, I carry a cell phone every day I jog/run, I can't jog/run without having a cell phone in my hand and car keys in the other, this girl could not have forgotten to carry her cell phone, she wouldn't have gone for a run without one, has the family ever said she has, no i bet not. This girl is not naive, she had planned to do something that day and somebody or something got in her way, if it was an animal, it would have been a rattlesnake...if she was able to go for a run the perv probably drove his car on trail she was running, law enforcement would have been able to see tire marks...I don't think she made it to the park though. Somebody said she may have used the portable potty, but there are other places she could have gone to go pee, she could have gone to the gas station, or a store nearby, or her school. There is a lot more going on there is to even begin with, just hope they find out more then what they have about amber du bois.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »

Missing Poway Teen's Parents Cling to Hope

With hundreds of volunteers crowded around, Chelsea King’s rain soaked and emotional father held up a post-it note taken from his daughter’s bathroom.

“They can because they think they can,” the quotation read.

“We think we can bring her home,” Brent King told the crowd, clinging to hope that his missing daughter will be found safe.

So many volunteers turned up to help on Saturday that more than 700 were turned away. Chelsea’s mother was overwhelmed with the support.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the Chelsea ‘s whereabouts.

In stormy conditions, investigators focused the search Saturday on Lake Hodges after land searches using infrared technology failed to locate Chelsea.

The FBI is now involved in the case, looking into the possibility that Chelsea may have been abducted. Investigators have taken Chelsea’s computer and cell phone into custody, according to Sheriff Bill Gore.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »

Missing Poway Teen's Parents Cling to Hope

With hundreds of volunteers crowded around, Chelsea King’s rain soaked and emotional father held up a post-it note taken from his daughter’s bathroom.

“They can because they think they can,” the quotation read.

“We think we can bring her home,” Brent King told the crowd, clinging to hope that his missing daughter will be found safe.

So many volunteers turned up to help on Saturday that more than 700 were turned away. Chelsea’s mother was overwhelmed with the support.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the Chelsea ‘s whereabouts.

In stormy conditions, investigators focused the search Saturday on Lake Hodges after land searches using infrared technology failed to locate Chelsea.

The FBI is now involved in the case, looking into the possibility that Chelsea may have been abducted. Investigators have taken Chelsea’s computer and cell phone into custody, according to Sheriff Bill Gore.

More than 700 people is a lot, and 2:00 p.m. being the last time chelsea was seen, what happened between 2:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m? time to make a list of the "regulars" at the park, they should re open the park tomorrow I hope, maybe people who go there for walks/runs will start talking and maybe they can come up with somebody suspicious was there frequently and will be able to help, it's not easy reporting something like that by yourself. If this was an abduction, he/she probably frequents other parks close by. I would hate if somebody's dog , being a vicious one, got loose and attacked her because I hate running and when there is a big dog around, it can be scary. I just saw a dead pitbull on my run and I thought it was alive at first, it was big and brown, already big dogs chase and bark at me when I run, the pit bull I saw looked like it was asleep or was pretending to be, sometimes you just need to be careful when you walk your dog especially if the dog you have is aggressive around people and other dogs.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »

I wonder of there are camera's anywhere in the lot?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilysMom View Post
Casa de las Campanas, a retirement facility (senior living), is directly across the street from the parking lot. I can't remember when we visited there before placing my grandpa elsewhere if they had security cameras on the entrance. I could swear they did. Whether or not those cameras would actually capture across the street as well is questionable but it would be worth looking into.

The fire department works out in the park almost every afternoon. They play basketball, etc. Groups of people walk the trails daily on their lunch hours as well. It's just gutsy, imo, to grab a teen from a park that has frequent visitors some of them law enforcement and fire department. I just feel like this was someone who knew the area and the times that the trails were least used.
It apparently was a Casa security guard who has stated definitively that he did see her at the park at some point, so I'd imagine that anyone who may have had cause to have been outside has been questioned, and, like you said, hopefully looking at cameras.

I agree, the park definitely is a happening place at certain times. Between 10-11:15ish and 1:30-3ish were always my favorite times to go if I was actually going to be "in" the park area and running the trails that are in the park because those were always the least crowded times, and away from the times with bigger lunch crowds and before the afternoon sporting activities in the park.

There were definitely some days when I felt like I was being "watched" more than I was comfortable with by some of the workers sitting there in their trucks during lunch time - which was why I started going more at "off" times if I was staying in the closer park vicinity.

There were often park/city maintenance people there, aside from the very frequent FD folks in the park, and at the east edge of the park that is beyond the parking lot by the shuffleboard, Joselyn Center, and nearer the dog park portion and along the more canyon-ish area there were often officials who were trimming brush, working on water lines, cleaning things up in the dog park area, or getting things from sheds to groom the fields and ball park areas. So it was rare to ever be in the closer to the heart of the park areas without running across a few people, even at "off" times.

My own experience, going off of the trails toward the lake and the ones that head into the hills by the neighborhoods where Chelsea was believed to have run, though was that I'd always keep my cell with me because it was much more desolate back there on those trails (obviously part of the appeal, though).

I think the biggest wildcard now, that's really a new thing, is that with the new bridge that opened last summer, Chelsea could easily have gone to run from the park area on the north side trails. A year ago it'd be less likely someone would have gone from the RB Community Park to the Escondido side of the lake, but now that great new bridge finds a lot of people crossing back and forth between the two sides. That opens up far more territory that needs closer scrutiny than there'd have been earlier.

Also, for those interested, I'm hearing the helicopter up again for the first time in several hours. It's also raining steadily now.    (From locals at WS)
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »

I wonder of there are camera's anywhere in the lot?

I don't think they have camera's in community parks or the Rancho Bernardo park, they have park rangers, and the thing is most parks only have one park ranger who go around the park to keep an eye on things and people, and police rarely check on the parks but do because of sex offenders, truant teens, drug dealers, etc. They should put camera's, but people will probably steal or destroy them because that's just how some people are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.