April 25, 2024, 12:20:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511421 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »

Thank you guys for showing me how to post them! I am inept with computers.!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2010, 08:45:48 PM »

I think your family is going to take yours away for a week. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »

Carrie has been so strong until last night.. Heartwrenching is the only way to express my thoughts. All this time she believes Amber is alive and going anywhere and everywhere to find her.. Then the reality of this criminal.. The possible death of her child by this maniac.
Chelsea's parents watching all of this play our before there eyes with similar thoughts.

I am on fire inside, It is what drives people to research and search for missing people.

I feel so bad for them.
I feel so bad for anyone in similar circumstances and we have sen a lot of them over the years. It is not getting much better with time..

I know exactly what you mean Edward! Carrie is holding out the hope that this maniac did not do something to Amber. Right now she is livid and so angry that this guy was free to prey on Chelsea and perhaps Amber. Her anger is holding her together. When I left the I-15 I was behind a vehicle with missing Chelsea photos all over the windows. It was driving like a bat out of *&&%^ over to the Del Dios area. I wondered if it was one or both of Chelsea's parents. I cannot even imagine what these parents are going through. I cannot tell you how nice it felt to pick my daughter up today. We have to change some laws!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

I think your family is going to take yours away for a week. 

Hubby does not know what I was up to today
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »

Channel 8 (KFMB) news at 5:

A shoe, sweatshirt and sunglasses were among the evidence discovered.

There were still nearly 1000 volunteers out today, even with work and school back - the number is NOT much less than it was when people were off over the weekend.

San Diego county is one of the FEW counties in the state of California that is not liberal in their beliefs. People are outraged! People that I know that don't usually follow these cases are contacting me. I think heads may role because of all of this. Maybe this would be the time for lawmakers to try and get some stricter laws passed.
I live in Orange County it is conservative, when my husband went to the bank this afternoon, there was a missing flyer for Chelsea in the window.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

Thank you guys for showing me how to post them! I am inept with computers.!

May of us have opened online photo sharing at www.photobucket.com

It's handy and you can open an account for free.  One thing is be sure to set it private otherwise anything you upload to it will be visible to anyone, the entire album.  When it's private then you can give us links to a photo but it won't show your entire album.

There are a ot of things you can do in photobucket like edit/resize and make a slideshow so it can be handy and fun. 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »

abc news, channel 10 doing story now

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »

This may have already been posted:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/01/december-attack-jogger-linked-chelsea-king/

December attack on jogger linked to Chelsea King

By Kristina Davis, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Monday, March 1, 2010 at 5:46 p.m.

SAN DIEGO — The 22-year-old college student usually runs with her pit bull and a can of mace when she is back home in Colorado Springs.

But Candice was on her own the morning of Dec. 27 as she set off for an eight- to 10-mile jog in Rancho Bernardo Community Park — an outing that quickly turned violent when she was attacked by a man in jeans.

Her mother, Lorie, talked publicly for the first time Monday about the assault on her daughter and news that the same man has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of 17-year-old Chelsea King.

King, a Poway High School senior, went jogging in the same area Thursday but never came home.

“I really feel for the mother. That could’ve been my daughter,” said Candice’s mother. The San Diego Union-Tribune agreed not to identify Candice’s family by their last name to protect their privacy.

Investigators have positively linked the Dec. 27 attack to John Albert Gardner III, a 30-year-old registered sex offender arrested Sunday on suspicion of murder and rape in connection with Chelsea’s disappearance, San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins confirmed Monday.

He declined to say how the link was made, citing the ongoing sheriff’s investigation, but said local authorities are working with police in Colorado Springs.

San Diego police are also reviewing any evidence that might have been recovered in the initial attack and were working to see if it could yield any further clues.

Many residents questioned Monday if enough attention was paid to the December attack and if the community could have been better warned.

“My husband and I walk there almost daily and never saw any such warning. We walked there around 5:30 the very night Chelsea went missing, but of course, at that point knew nothing of what was happening,” said Rancho Bernardo resident Kris Mallory.

“I am ill with grief for this family and Chelsea.”

Candice’s mother also expressed sympathy for Chelsea’s parents and hoped to speak with them at some point. Candice, who was visiting her family in San Diego, was walking on the trails headed back home about 10:30 a.m. that Sunday when she passed a man walking the other way, her mother said.

She thought it was weird he was wearing jeans, but she said “hello” to him, and he nodded back.

He then body slammed her to the ground and asked for money.

When she screamed, he told her to “Shut up.”

She responded, saying “You’re going to have to kill me first,” and he said “That can be arranged,” the mother recounted.

The assailant, who she described as football-player big, then pulled her up and started shaking her by her shoulders, and Candice elbowed him in the nose and ran. She thought she might have broken his nose. She stopped at the first house she found, banged on the door and called 911.

Officers showed up moments later to begin a search of the area, and a police helicopter broadcast the man’s description to residents.

Lorie and her husband, who live nearby, heard the helicopter and decided to take their dogs down to the park, she said.

As they were walking, they didn’t think for a second that their daughter had been the victim, even joking that if he’d come across Candice, she’d kick his butt.

When the couple returned home later, they found their daughter with bruised shoulders and evidence that’d she’d been in a fight for her life.

Candice has been taking martial arts training since she was little, thanks to her father, a kickboxing champion, Lorie said.

“I’ve never been so grateful for that training in my life,” she added.

The family used to live just down the street from Gardner’s mother’s home on Matinal Road in the Westwood neighborhood until they bought a home a few miles away.

Capt. Collins said Candice left town before she could work with police do a composite sketch of the assailant.

Candice’s sister, a senior at Rancho Bernardo High School, wrote an editorial about the ordeal in the school paper, saying police swabbed Candice’s elbow for DNA evidence in hopes of getting a hit. Police did not disclose what evidence was obtained in the case or if any tests were conducted.

April Bosco, PTA president of Westwood Elementary School, which is near Gardner’s home, said she has changed her view of the park.

“My son is starting baseball, and their field is literally next to the place where (Chelsea’s) car was parked,” she said. “My plan was to walk my dog on the trails while my son played, but I won’t be doing it now.”

Bosco and others said the community was not aware of how dangerous the trails could be even after the December attack because it was billed as an attempted robbery, although some residents thought it could have been a sexual assault.

At the time, chain e-mails carrying newspaper reports of the attack circulated in the community through PTAs, residents and neighborhood watch block captains.

Now, after Chelsea’s disappearance, the parents at Westwood are considering a “stranger danger” campaign at school.

“It’s scary. A lot of parents are upset. They’re very upset it’s so close to the school,” she said. “When you walk your children to school in the morning, you walk by (Gardener’s) house everyday, on the same street.

“Quite a few moms are saying, ‘My children will never walk to school alone,’ ” Bosco said. “This is definitely going to tighten the safety situation. It does change the way you live.”

Staff writer Angela Lau contributed to this report.

Kristina Davis: (619) 542-4591; kristina.davis@uniontrib.com
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

Channel 8 (KFMB) news at 5:

A shoe, sweatshirt and sunglasses were among the evidence discovered.

There were still nearly 1000 volunteers out today, even with work and school back - the number is NOT much less than it was when people were off over the weekend.

San Diego county is one of the FEW counties in the state of California that is not liberal in their beliefs. People are outraged! People that I know that don't usually follow these cases are contacting me. I think heads may role because of all of this. Maybe this would be the time for lawmakers to try and get some stricter laws passed.
I live in Orange County it is conservative, when my husband went to the bank this afternoon, there was a missing flyer for Chelsea in the window.

Hi Norose,
Yes, Orange county is on the list of few conservative counties. I hope some laws get changed. It is so overdue!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »

they showed a good map on the news. Gosh, it is only a few miles from my house

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #550 on: March 01, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »

Does anyone know if John Gardner's mother has been questioned. She should be telling the police every place this guy has been in the last ten years. If they have lived in RB for the last decade and John lived with them he should know areas of that lake blindfolded. He must have a location where he could go and hide in the park. You would think his mother would want that girl found ASAP especially if she thought she might be alive.

Do we know if he had a job? Do we know who his friends are? If he spent 2000 to 2005 in prison who were is inmates and are they out now?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

http://www.10news.com/index.html

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: March 01, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »

Does anyone know if John Gardner's mother has been questioned. She should be telling the police every place this guy has been in the last ten years. If they have lived in RB for the last decade and John lived with them he should know areas of that lake blindfolded. He must have a location where he could go and hide in the park. You would think his mother would want that girl found ASAP especially if she thought she might be alive.

Do we know if he had a job? Do we know who his friends are? If he spent 2000 to 2005 in prison who were is inmates and are they out now?

I too was wondering about his mother. I wonder if she will protect him or urge him to help. Let us hope she is not another "Scott Petersen mother". Too bad when they put him in isolation that could not make a "mistake" and put him with the other inmates. I hate that SO's get isolated!

Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #553 on: March 01, 2010, 09:23:08 PM »

Hey folks - a noob to this site.

Just wanted to post as a Poway parent with kids at Poway High in band with Chelsea.

I have seen posts wanting a change in laws.  Here are two I think need to be considered -

1) If you knowingly house a registered sex offender for more than 4 days a year you should have to report it to local law enforcement, or be considered an accessory to their evasion of registration laws;

2) Sex offenders like Gardner should be subject to mandatory Chemical Castration if they choose to reside in California.  Chemical castration is not castration but instead is the administration of drugs that dampen libido.  The effects aren't permanent but effective at making these cretins more passive.  Of course, the ACLU opposes it as "cruel and unusual punishment" without any basis - all the more reason to support the idea.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »

I too was wondering about his mother. I wonder if she will protect him or urge him to help. Let us hope she is not another "Scott Petersen mother". Too bad when they put him in isolation that could not make a "mistake" and put him with the other inmates. I hate that SO's get isolated!

Yes, wish we knew more about him and hope his family urges him to do the right thing. I'm curious why JG was staying overnight at mom's. Were they even there this weekend?  Did he plan an 'event' for this particular time? If lake Elsinore is his real residence, it's so close why the sleep over?  Lot's of questions.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: March 01, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »

In interview of 13 yr olds parents
One parent said they thought daughter was going to lose her eye he beat her so badly.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

Just wanted to post as a Poway parent with kids at Poway High in band with Chelsea.

I have seen posts wanting a change in laws.  Here are two I think need to be considered -

1) If you knowingly house a registered sex offender for more than 4 days a year you should have to report it to local law enforcement, or be considered an accessory to their evasion of registration laws;

2) Sex offenders like Gardner should be subject to mandatory Chemical Castration if they choose to reside in California.  Chemical castration is not castration but instead is the administration of drugs that dampen libido.  The effects aren't permanent but effective at making these cretins more passive.  Of course, the ACLU opposes it as "cruel and unusual punishment" without any basis - all the more reason to support the idea.
Welcome!    I like both of your suggestions, it's time for this to stop.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

Welcome to Sm.

Both are great suggestions.  I would add that anyone convicted as a minor goes on the registry when they hit 18. In Michigan this does not always happen.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »

Welcome Adam!

I agree with your thoughts on sex offenders except that often rape is about power and not sex so castration (chemical or otherwise) often doesn't solve the problem. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »

In interview of 13 yr olds parents
One parent said they thought daughter was going to lose her eye he beat her so badly.

He's a monster
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.