April 18, 2024, 01:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 510946 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »

Does anyone know about the technique mentioned that Chelseas dad used to track where the phone was?

Also, they mentioned a program you can use to track down a cell phone location.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2010, 09:43:22 PM »

Hey folks - a noob to this site.

Just wanted to post as a Poway parent with kids at Poway High in band with Chelsea.

I have seen posts wanting a change in laws.  Here are two I think need to be considered -

1) If you knowingly house a registered sex offender for more than 4 days a year you should have to report it to local law enforcement, or be considered an accessory to their evasion of registration laws;

2) Sex offenders like Gardner should be subject to mandatory Chemical Castration if they choose to reside in California.  Chemical castration is not castration but instead is the administration of drugs that dampen libido.  The effects aren't permanent but effective at making these cretins more passive.  Of course, the ACLU opposes it as "cruel and unusual punishment" without any basis - all the more reason to support the idea.

Welcome Adam!

I agree with your thoughts on sex offenders except that often rape is about power and not sex so castration (chemical or otherwise) often doesn't solve the problem. 

Good point.  Rape is often about power.  I wonder how much of that "power" need stems from testosterone.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »

Does anyone know about the technique mentioned that Chelseas dad used to track where the phone was?

GPS maybe?

Install a GPS tracker to the phone. GPS chips come in varieties so small, often smaller than a dime, which can be inserted in the back of the phone while the user isn’t paying attention. Once the chip is inserted, it can be powered by the cell phone and is virtually undetectable. Signals can be monitored through a program on your PC. Check out this article for more guidance on how to install GPS tracking devices in cell phones.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »

Just wanted to post as a Poway parent with kids at Poway High in band with Chelsea.

I have seen posts wanting a change in laws.  Here are two I think need to be considered -

1) If you knowingly house a registered sex offender for more than 4 days a year you should have to report it to local law enforcement, or be considered an accessory to their evasion of registration laws;

2) Sex offenders like Gardner should be subject to mandatory Chemical Castration if they choose to reside in California.  Chemical castration is not castration but instead is the administration of drugs that dampen libido.  The effects aren't permanent but effective at making these cretins more passive.  Of course, the ACLU opposes it as "cruel and unusual punishment" without any basis - all the more reason to support the idea.
Welcome, and I agree and like those ideas. I could care less what the ACLU likes or doesn't like.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »

Welcome Adam!

I agree with your thoughts on sex offenders except that often rape is about power and not sex so castration (chemical or otherwise) often doesn't solve the problem. 

Good point.  Rape is often about power.  I wonder how much of that "power" need stems from testosterone.

Also, if you look at Gardner, he appears to have an unusually thick neck like a weight lifter.  Could he be on steroids?
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »

GPS maybe?

Install a GPS tracker to the phone. GPS chips come in varieties so small, often smaller than a dime, which can be inserted in the back of the phone while the user isn’t paying attention. Once the chip is inserted, it can be powered by the cell phone and is virtually undetectable. Signals can be monitored through a program on your PC. Check out this article for more guidance on how to install GPS tracking devices in cell phones.

Most phones have GPS built in - I know verizon offers a program to let you track other phones - I have it on my kid's phone and I can even set up zones and alerts to let me know when he gets places like school or home. Of course it depends on the phone being on.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »

I sure would like to know what gym he frequents, if any. That is so creepy if he does. Women go to the gym alone at all hours of the day.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

Shell:

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12048619

Missing Poway teen's parents recount ordeal; suspect remains jailed
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 11:50 PM PST Updated: Mar 01, 2010 6:04 PM PST

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Brent and Kelly King knew something was wrong when they discovered their 17-year-old daughter Chelsea wasn't home.

They called her cell phone then her friends. They tried an AT&T Web site and learned her phone had been left inside her 1994 BMW in Rancho Bernardo Community Park, a giant, wooded area on the northern edge of San Diego.

(snipped)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10219786-94.html

AT&T Family Tracking Service
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »

Klaas, I am not sure if it was here on SM or a news article I read. It said one of Chelseas friends mom told them of how to track the cell using some AT % T method?

I will have to hunt for that... 

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »

Klaas to the rescue...again! I want to know more about that.

News said next week a lady who teaches self defense is going to have classes and donate proceeds to the search for Chelsea fund. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: March 01, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_505a6408-7785-5fcb-91f0-62d8aade0e97.html

REGION: Search continues for Chelsea King; suspect faces murder, rape charges

News report: Victim's underwear found in Lake Hodges area

Staff and wire reports | Posted: March 1, 2010 3:11 pm

The search for a missing Poway girl is continuing despite the arrest of a registered sex offender Sunday in connection with her disappearance.

Thirty-year-old John Albert Gardner III of Lakeland Village near Lake Elsinore was booked into county jail on charges of murder and rape, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Ten years ago, Gardner pleaded guilty to charges related to the sexual assault of a Rancho Bernardo girl, according to court records.

Chelsea King, 17, disappeared Thursday after going for a run near Lake Hodges at Rancho Bernardo Community Park in San Diego, a popular regional park full of running trails. Her car, with her cell phone and iPod inside, were found later that night.

Search and rescue personnel on Monday morning and afternoon focused their search on the north shore of Lake Hodges, near Hernandez's Hideaway restaurant where Gardner was arrested Sunday afternoon.
(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: March 01, 2010, 10:02:44 PM »

Klaas to the rescue...again! I want to know more about that.

News said next week a lady who teaches self defense is going to have classes and donate proceeds to the search for Chelsea fund. 

Look's pretty simple.  If you have AT&T service they will track down the phone for you.  I'm sure normally it would take some paperwork and time but Chelsea's family probably got preferential treatment since she is missing.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: March 01, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Parents-Friends-Hold-Out-Hope.html

Parents, Friends Hold Out Hope
Chelsea King's parents share their heartache and hope

By ARTIE OJEDA and MONICA DEAN
Updated 2:41 PM PST, Mon, Mar 1, 2010

Brent and Kelly King know they have to be strong. But there is no hiding the despair and pain of living without their missing daughter.

"I can't begin to describe the depth of sorrow. It's been a nightmare," said Kelly King. "There's no other way to put it. It's your worst nightmare."

"My body hasn't stopped shaking since I came to the realization of what was occurring," said Brent King. "You just feel a complete amount of emptiness and helplessness."

The King's last saw their daughter Wednesday. They say she performed in a school concert that night, and then woke up early Thursday morning to attend a peer counseling meeting at Poway High School at 6:15 a.m.

Chelsea King's Parents: 'Baby Girl, We Love You'
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: March 01, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »

About Gardner parents...

He/she is proably humiliated/mortified at there sons actions.. or in disbelief.
Maybe in fear of him.. Maybe lie cheat and steal for him, I do not know.

I have seen wonderful families turn out rotten kids at times, even when raised in a peaceful loving environment or having the luxury of a beautiful healthy life.   
I have seen kids that grew up in the worst of environments, then walk out into the world and make wonderful lives for themselves. I have also seen some repeat the pattern learned from growing up in such a rough environment. AND continuing the cycle..

Sometimes
Poor families turn out rotten kids.
Rich families turn out rotten kids.
The worst are or can be, Sociopath young adults developed over time or the "Bad Sead" from birth.. Self centered, smart, devious and are more then capable of violent acts towards others. They never take responsibility, they relish the idea to cause harm or pain to others. We have seen many such people in cases we research on..

Good or Bad, Rich or Poor. Both types of families turn out great, wonderful, well rounded young adults TOO.. Lots of them do. 90 % or more of all families.

Luck of the draw.. from mental health or physical health when you have a child.
How they develop is so important..But that is not all of it. So many factors come into play because the parent can not pick friends when they get older or what the child's mind decides to focus on. Drugs, useage and selling..Girls..Gambling..Robbery, from every level.. many more things too, like gaming and how that effects the mind or music, movies, advertising too.
 This is a fact. The outside world has influence on the mind.

The parent does also and has a responsibility to offer that child a wonderful environment.
Cigarettes..Drinking..Women or Men..Gambling..Drugs It has an influence...
They do not issue parent licenses.. there is no school required. You can have a child when you are a child..Everything is normal.. Thank God for the T.V. show
" The Nanny "

I imagine you have seen in others, the same things in your life experience while growing also.

My point,
I feel sorry for the parents of this suspect, there son, until they alter that in me.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: March 01, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »

Gardner

Searching in the lake

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

Search for Chelsea King: Monday

http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2010/mar/01/monday-search/
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

Respectfully Edward I do not feel sorry for the parents until they alter that for me. Maybe I've been jaded by following the Anthony's too much or Scott Peterson, but like I said last night, not one red flag when at least 2 horrendous things happen when your felon RSO son is visiting. it sounds that very likely he was the guy in the earlier incident and he is the guy in this crime.  He was young when his first known offense occurred, it was brutal, he showed no remorse. Even if it was my own, even if he kinda scared me, if he was in my home while thousands are decending in the park right behind my house, helicopters flying, I think I would have to consider the possibility that he might be involved.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't know what to do..that's my point, until they convey that or at least public sympathy for Chelsea's family I'm not willing to feel sorry for them.   agree to disagree
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »

Great photos, thanks!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »

OMGosh the tale of what that poor girl went through in December. He is brazen and if you ask me you don't go from holding a young girl in an apartment to doing that on a public trail. He has had some practice. There are more victims....
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »

Gardner

Searching in the lake

For a second there, I thought the photo on the top was of Joran 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.