March 28, 2024, 01:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 509537 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: March 02, 2010, 04:12:48 PM »

BTW - I have emailed a couple of journalists on the whole "did they miss the DNA in December" question.  I'll post when/if they reply.

First response ...

Yes, that is exactly the question I'm trying to get answered today, and
I think a very important one. Stay tuned!

Kristina Davis
Staff writer
The San Diego Union-Tribune
(619) xxx-xxxx office
(619) xxx-xxxx cell

Since she isn't getting a straight answer I am apt to suspect a big time screw up on the part of the SDPD.

Still waiting on a response from an AP journalist.

I am going to email some more journalists on the question and encourage others to do the same.  Only pressure will pry the answer loose.

thanks Adam!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: March 02, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »

Thanks Sunny, that is a great community 

It sure seems to be......and it is difficult NOT to compare it to Orlando and the searches for Caylee...... y'all have a right to be very proud!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #782 on: March 02, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »

if you cut off one big toe on each foot and one thumb on each hand and then there nuts.
They will not give anyone any trouble because they wont be able to run after anyone and they wont be able to grab anyone and just in-case they fall on someone nothing will work.

Problem solved.

The message brought to you by citizens against chemicals. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #783 on: March 02, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »

It sure seems to be......and it is difficult NOT to compare it to Orlando and the searches for Caylee...... y'all have a right to be very proud!!
There were a lot of searchers also when little Danielle Van Dam went missing also  an angelic monkey
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: March 02, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »

Sure makes a huge difference when the family is grateful. Find our Chelsea, thank you, we appreciate it instead of the venom and lies spewed from Caylee's family
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: March 02, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »

Sure makes a huge difference when the family is grateful. Find our Chelsea, thank you, we appreciate it instead of the venom and lies spewed from Caylee's family
That's for sure, the family is gracious and thankful for all the help, just like most families are.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #786 on: March 02, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Funding?  Not enough funding?

Guess what I just found?

Tell you what - I will just copy what I just sent Kristina over at the UT

Thanks Kristina

The Attorney General has the responsibility of processing crime scene DNA samples in a timely manner.

http://ag.ca.gov/bfs/

Maybe a call to Sacramento would be in order?

Also - San Diego County collected $1,592,000 in revenues related to prop 69 DNA processing.  They sent $398,000 to Sacramento, kept the difference (over $1,200,000) but only spent $770,000 on the program.  If they give you "delays due to funding" print this report and give it to them.

http://ag.ca.gov/bfs/pdf/2008DNAFundReport.pdf

- Adam

after you throw that in their faces  - they will reply ~ not enough qualified man-power. They have a ridiculous answer for everything.

I know these buck-passers like I know the constellation Orion will pass over my house ...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: March 02, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »

There were a lot of searchers also when little Danielle Van Dam went missing also  an angelic monkey

the outpouring of love and help is heartwarming.....

example..........
 Alonso Vega =  I would like to provide hot meals from my restaurant for any search and rescue personnel or volunteers that may need them. My wife went down to the command center today to offer and volunteer and she tells me that you are no longer accepting food at that location but that there are other search areas that may need the...m. Please advise. We can deliver to any location you need them.16 minutes ago

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: March 02, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »

the outpouring of love and help is heartwarming.....

example..........
 Alonso Vega =  I would like to provide hot meals from my restaurant for any search and rescue personnel or volunteers that may need them. My wife went down to the command center today to offer and volunteer and she tells me that you are no longer accepting food at that location but that there are other search areas that may need the...m. Please advise. We can deliver to any location you need them.16 minutes ago
It's wonderful to see such great people wanting to do whatever is necessary to help.  an angelic monkey
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #789 on: March 02, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

Still more on the DNA database ...

http://ag.ca.gov/bfs/pdf/Monthly.pdf

That link is to a 1 page pdf that summarizes the status of the database and the backlog of new offender samples being added.

I have run a simple calculation and it takes about 84 days for a new perp's DNA to be added to the database.  Backlog is about 48,000 samples and 23,000 get processed each month while 21,000 get added to the backlog.  So it would be 69 days to eliminate the backlog if no new samples are added plus 15 days for a sample added in the middle of a typical month.

There are about 1,500,000 samples in the database.

Point is, Gardner was paroled in 2005/2006.  No chance he wasn't in the database.

As for queries there are about 255 "hits" reported in the status report for the month of January 2010.  No mention of a backlog.  Assume they took their time and submitted the sample in January.  With no backlog reported, they would have gotten a result before the month was out.  Yet on Feb 25 he was roaming the park looking for a victim.

Epic fail on the part of law enforcement if they did in fact have a sample from Dec 27th.  Not underfunded.  Not backlogged.  No excuses.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: March 02, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

Funding?  Not enough funding?

Guess what I just found?

Tell you what - I will just copy what I just sent Kristina over at the UT

Thanks Kristina

The Attorney General has the responsibility of processing crime scene DNA samples in a timely manner.

http://ag.ca.gov/bfs/

Maybe a call to Sacramento would be in order?

Also - San Diego County collected $1,592,000 in revenues related to prop 69 DNA processing.  They sent $398,000 to Sacramento, kept the difference (over $1,200,000) but only spent $770,000 on the program.  If they give you "delays due to funding" print this report and give it to them.

http://ag.ca.gov/bfs/pdf/2008DNAFundReport.pdf

- Adam

WOW, typical 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »

Here is my opinion on chemical castration. I don't think it will stop this sort of crime. It would make us feel better but rape is not a sexually motivating crime, it has nothing to do with sex but about power. Over powering someone sexually is the most intense way of taking from that person this is why they use it. If they could not use their body part to have sex with their victim they would use something else. Their motivation is power and their drive comes from anger not sexual need. Anyway, that is just my opinion...

I have seen different numbers, but they tend around 90% reduction in recidivism.  Not 100% but better than now.

I am sorry, I am not picking on you. I have actually had this debate with so many people so it is not you. I welcome you to scared monkeys and I admire your drive.

The problem is we wouldn't know who the 10% is that are left to commit this crime and my fear is, we would have a false sense of security as we do know that LE is actually watching these freaks. I don't have stats handy but lets say if there are 20,000 men who have been charged with a sex crime and 90% will be "cured" with this treatment, it still leaves 2000 unidentified men wanting to rape. That is a lot of men.  We will not know if it has worked until they recommit the crime, so who's mothers, wives and daughters do we say it is OK too? Also, do we know if these 90% changed the criminal behavior from rape to another crime? Rape is a crime of power and anger not one of sexual gratification. That is a known fact and it is what concerns me. If it worked for all I would be the first in line with my tool kit but I don't think it is the answer to this crime as a whole.

I want a solution that doesn't try to fix the crime after the fact but something that can be done to prevent it from happening in the first place. I suppose that is where I get stuck because regardless of what good people want, there will always be bad. There will always be people with mentalities to hurt others. For now and until that magic something can be discovered, in my opinion we need to put them away for life.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #792 on: March 02, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »

I think it's these repeat offenders that really pisses-off everyone with a shred of decency. It's all so senseless and doesn't need to happen. I really don't care about their rights, and they sure as heck don't care about anyone else...

I think the ear of touchy feel good politics is quickly coming to an end. And along with it all these social experiments that gobble-up tax dollars on those that can never be rehabilitated. These experiments have failed and produced more victims and every new victim and their friends and loved ones wonder why all this effort is made re-inventing the wheel.

Rights are for law-abiding decent American citizens. Period.

+++

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: March 02, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »

I agree with removing them Tracy but not sure I want to support them either.  I think if it is proven that they did indeed commit a violent rape, they should be put to death.  Harsh?  Maybe so but what is happening on our streets every day is harsh too.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #794 on: March 02, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »

Here is my opinion on chemical castration. I don't think it will stop this sort of crime. It would make us feel better but rape is not a sexually motivating crime, it has nothing to do with sex but about power. Over powering someone sexually is the most intense way of taking from that person this is why they use it. If they could not use their body part to have sex with their victim they would use something else. Their motivation is power and their drive comes from anger not sexual need. Anyway, that is just my opinion...

I have seen different numbers, but they tend around 90% reduction in recidivism.  Not 100% but better than now.

I am sorry, I am not picking on you. I have actually had this debate with so many people so it is not you. I welcome you to scared monkeys and I admire your drive.

The problem is we wouldn't know who the 10% is that are left to commit this crime and my fear is, we would have a false sense of security as we do know that LE is actually watching these freaks. I don't have stats handy but lets say if there are 20,000 men who have been charged with a sex crime and 90% will be "cured" with this treatment, it still leaves 2000 unidentified men wanting to rape. That is a lot of men.  We will not know if it has worked until they recommit the crime, so who's mothers, wives and daughters do we say it is OK too? Also, do we know if these 90% changed the criminal behavior from rape to another crime? Rape is a crime of power and anger not one of sexual gratification. That is a known fact and it is what concerns me. If it worked for all I would be the first in line with my tool kit but I don't think it is the answer to this crime as a whole.

I want a solution that doesn't try to fix the crime after the fact but something that can be done to prevent it from happening in the first place. I suppose that is where I get stuck because regardless of what good people want, there will always be bad. There will always be people with mentalities to hurt others. For now and until that magic something can be discovered, in my opinion we need to put them away for life.

No worries.  I completely get where you are coming from.  Not sure if there is the political will for a 100% solution.  In the meantime I'd like to see the odds changed.  That's all.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: March 02, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »

Thinking out loud here. The guy gets paroled Sept 2008 and moves to Rock Springs Road. 6 months later Amber disappears. At some point he is living with his G Mom. They search his Mom's house and G Moms house, and concentrate on the shed (per neighbor)

Neighbor in Lake E says he was always doing things around the house. Putting up shelves, working in the attic....*check that attic

Good thoughts..

But I was wrong. He got out of prison, was on parole and got off of parole sept. 2008. From what I understand, he was living in Escondido at the time of Ambers disappearance.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #796 on: March 02, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »

OK - just got a text back from a friend at the DAs office.

The DNA database works where both offender and crime scene samples are submitted into the backlog.

They get added to the database.

When a "hit" occurs it means that there is already a record with the same DNA.  That is when someone looks into what the "hit" means.

So there is a good chance that these clowns simply submitted the 'park attacker' DNA from Dec 27 and would have gotten a "hit" in late March.

Yet, statewide, counties are only spending half of the prop 69 money they collect on prop 69.

I am angry.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »

I agree with removing them Tracy but not sure I want to support them either.  I think if it is proven that they did indeed commit a violent rape, they should be put to death.  Harsh?  Maybe so but what is happening on our streets every day is harsh too.

The death penalty in California is much like a life sentence:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/11/local/me-deathrow11

(snipped)

California has the nation's largest death row population, with 685 sentenced to die by lethal injection. Yet only 13 executions have been carried out since capital punishment resumed in 1977 and none of the condemned have been put to death since a moratorium was imposed nearly four years ago. Five times as many death row inmates -- 71 -- have died over that same period of natural causes, suicide or inside violence.

Though death row inmates at San Quentin State Prison are far from coddled, they live in single cells that are slightly larger than the two-bunk, maximum-security confines elsewhere, they have better access to telephones and they have "contact visits" in plexiglass booths by themselves rather than in communal halls as in other institutions. They have about the only private accommodations in the state's 33-prison network, which is crammed with 160,000-plus convicts.

Death row prisoners are served breakfast and dinner in their cells, can usually mingle with others in the outdoor exercise yards while eating their sack lunches, and have exclusive control over the television, CD player or other diversions in their cells.
(snipped)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #798 on: March 02, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »

I kinda like marching them through town and everyone gets to throw garbage at them. Then shaving half their head in public for humiliation. Then kicking them down a 50 foot razor blade, off a rock salt ramp into a cool pool of alcohol, and then pulling them out and hanging them in front of everyone - including school kids.

Then you throw their corpse in the bog.

+++

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #799 on: March 02, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest! Welcome to the cage Adam!

My thoughts on how to stop these perverts is to tie their hands behind their back....strap them to a table on their backs.....cut off the genitals and shove them down their throats and let nature take it course. They will either bleed to death or choke to death. Maybe then we could have a little justice for all the kids these SOB's rape and murder.
I have no sympathy or mercy for any of them. They don't mind going to prison...they can have all the sex they want in there, plus 3 hot meals a day and a cot and TV. Until we as a society say enough is enough, and start ridding our society of these perps . maybe just maybe they would think twice before doing it .All JMOO.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.