April 20, 2024, 09:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511056 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #980 on: March 03, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

Students at Poway High School reacted to the discovery of a body believed to Chelsea King.

http://www.10news.com/video/22723147/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #981 on: March 03, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »

Raw Video: Sheriff Discusses Body Discovery

http://www.10news.com/video/22722171/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #982 on: March 03, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »

http://www.10news.com/video/22718463/index.html        Interesting video.        I usually never approve of someone defacing a person's property, but for some reason, my outrage for what was written on this monster's mom's garage, doesn't bother me.

Being a local, I think they better move and fast. I have never seen so much outrage in San Diego county. As mad as I am, I do not want to see anything happen to his parents. One of them or both may be able to get this monster to talk! We need to be able to find any other victims that are out there!
I agree, hopefully his mom can get him to talk, but I have to say I doubt it. I don't want anything to happen to his parents either, that would never be the answer 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »

I heard on foxnews a bit ago that this monster's arraignment is scheduled for 2:30 ...is that confirmed via another source & is that pacific time or eastern

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #984 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

Thank-you for the videos.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #985 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

I heard on foxnews a bit ago that this monster's arraignment is scheduled for 2:30 ...is that confirmed via another source & is that pacific time or eastern
Pacific time, I thought it was for 1:30 they must have changed the time.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #986 on: March 03, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Does anyone have any idea what a "disruptive presence" at a school means?

He graduated in 1997 so he shouldn't have been hanging around at the school.  Not sure what he was doing but they didn't like it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #987 on: March 03, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »

The statement on the monster's parents home has been painted over already.

The neighbor across the street gave his opinion for a good five minutes that the whole neighborhood is being threatened because of the outrage over what has happened.

On Fox News Live Local News
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: March 03, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »

Fox News reporting, about the monster's "mental health issues", saw that one coming 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #989 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »

This happened 2 days after Amber went missing..hmm
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #990 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »

Rancho Bernardo girl knew suspect 10 years ago, mom says

Ten years ago, John Albert Gardner III went on long walks with a girl in their Rancho Bernardo neighborhood, put his jacket around her shoulders when she shivered, touched his lips to hers. He was nearly 21. She was 14.

It was her first kiss, but something she only told her parents about this week when Gardner was accused of raping and killing teenager Chelsea King down the street.

Linda Boltman, the mother of the now-23-year-old, agreed to an interview on the condition her daughter’s last name, which is different from hers, not be used.

“She’s devastated,” Boltman said yesterday. “How would you feel if your first kiss was with a predator?”

Gardner spent five years in prison for sexually assaulting one of Boltman’s daughter’s friends in 2000. After his release, he returned to their Rancho Bernardo neighborhood without Boltman or her daughter knowing it.

The daughter granted a brief interview to “Inside Edition,” on the condition her name not be used and her face not be shown, but she is not doing more, Boltman said.

Her daughter kept the extent of her relationship with Gardner to herself until Monday night, Boltman said. Ten years ago, she would say she was visiting a friend, then walk around with him at night.

Boltman, who described her daughter as a straight-A student set to graduate from college in May, said her daughter told her she had been flattered by Gardner’s attention.

The girl had braces and was tall for her age. She was surrounded by immature boys at school, and Gardner, then 6 feet 2 and 210 pounds, was anything but an awkward adolescent, her mother said.

He was clean-cut and could carry on a conversation, she said.

“He was the perfect gentleman,” Boltman said of her daughter’s description of that time.

“She just thought it was so cool that an older guy was interested in her and treated her like a lady and could talk to her,” she said. “All the important things to a girl that age.”

That year, on March 16, 2000, Boltman’s daughter accepted a ride to middle school from Gardner with her then-best friend. The other girl, 13, stayed in the car, returned to Gardner’s mother’s house and was later molested by him.

Gardner received six years in state prison for the incident. He served five and was released in September 2005. His last contact with city police, with whom he had to register as a sex offender, was in 2007, when he relocated to Lake Elsinore.

He also lived at an apartment complex in Escondido until six months ago, said a neighbor who would not give her name to protect her identity at work. Gardner lived there with a woman and two toddlers, and male and female teenagers would come over to play video games with him.

Boltman, 62, is upset that authorities never notified her daughter or anyone in her family about Gardner’s release. At the time of his release, there was no requirement to notify witnesses.

That changed in 2008, when voters approved a crime victims’ bill of rights act known as Marsy’s Law. It created a notification system for victims, witnesses and others who requested information on an inmate’s release, escape, death or criminal appeal.

Boltman, who lives a block from Gardner’s mother’s house on Matinal Road, is convinced that Gardner was more interested in her daughter than in the friend who was molested 10 years ago. She said she cannot imagine her daughter’s reaction if she had seen Gardner in the neighborhood after his release from prison.

Her voice breaking, Boltman explained how her daughter identified Gardner at a preliminary hearing in the case 10 years ago, and how difficult it was for the girl and the family.

“I’m very proud of my daughter,” Boltman said. “That was so unbelievably courageous of her, and I still continue to be in awe of her. She’s an amazing woman.”

She said her daughter mistrusted older men until she realized she “was letting (Gardner) control her life and she said, ‘I’m not going to let him do that.’ ”

Boltman said her daughter has tried to stay strong this week.

“She doesn’t want this to affect her life and career and all the things she’s doing now.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/03/girl-knew-suspect-10-years-ago-mom-says/?imw=Y
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #991 on: March 03, 2010, 01:01:17 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/03/suspect-in-chelsea-king-killing-to-appear-in-court/

Arraignment: John Albert Gardner III is scheduled to be arraigned today at 2:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court.

Charges: Gardner was arrested on suspicion of rape and murder in connection with 17-year-old Chelsea King’s disappearance. In filing charges today, prosecutors may include one or more special allegations that could make him eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

Defense attorney: Counsel will be appointed for Gardner unless he or his family retains a private attorney.

Jailed: Gardner is being held in solitary confinement at the Central Jail in downtown San Diego.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #992 on: March 03, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »

Suspect in killing of Chelsea King to appear in court

The registered sex offender suspected in the rape and murder of Poway teenager Chelsea King is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday afternoon for a hearing that may force prosecutors to reveal what led to his arrest.

John Albert Gardner III, 30, of Lake Elsinore, could face charges that include one or more special allegations that would make him eligible for the death penalty.

The 2:30 p.m. court appearance will be the culmination of a weeklong ordeal that has gripped the nation and led more than 6,000 volunteers to look for Chelsea, a 17-year-old Poway High School student. She disappeared Thursday after going for a jog in the Rancho Bernardo Community Park.

Authorities discovered a body in a shallow grave Tuesday near Lake Hodges, about a half-mile from where Chelsea had parked her car. San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said there is a “strong likelihood” that it is Chelsea and that the body would be positively identified on Wednesday.

Police are also investigating a vandalism incident at the Rancho Bernardo home of Gardner’s mother and stepfather. Someone using red spray paint wrote “Chelseas blood is on you” and “move out” on the garage door of their townhouse on Matinal Road about 5:40 a.m., San Diego police Sgt. Ray Battrick said.

Brent King, Chelsea’s father, struggled to maintain his composure Tuesday night as he stood before thousands at a somber candlelight vigil, just hours after authorities told him they believed the body found near the lake was probably his daughter’s.

“One of the nicknames that I’ve always called my daughter is ‘my angel,’ ” Brent King told those who gathered at St. Michael Catholic Church in Poway. “She’s my angel forever.”

He added: “Keep her spirit alive for us.”

A man then yelled from the crowd, “We love you!”

King, with his wife, Kelly, by his side, replied: “We love you, too.”

Gore said investigators discovered the body shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday about 10 feet from a tributary that leads to the lake — an area that had been searched extensively and is about a half-mile from a parking lot where Chelsea’s car was found six days ago. He said a shoe had been recovered previously in the general area.

The Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that the body was removed from the area later Tuesday.

Gore said the girl’s parents were devastated when he informed them.

“They were holding out hope, as we all were, that we would find Chelsea alive, and this was our worst fear that we would find her as we did today,” he said.

Shortly after Gore’s announcement Tuesday, two Poway High students stood outside the school crying and hugging each other.

“I had so much hope for her,” said Leandra Lyons, 15, a sophomore. “I was just hoping by the end of the week we’d have some good news.”

Nicole Belanger, 16, a sophomore, said she was in shock.

“Just to hear that it’s one of our own people at our own school, it could have been any of us,” she said. “I’ve just got to take this as God had a plan for her and took her for some reason.”

Throughout the campus, students wore orange T-shirts, hair ribbons and yarn bracelets in honor of Chelsea. Some bracelets had sayings attached that were taken from quotes posted by Chelsea around her house. The color-coordinated tribute was organized by students via Facebook, MySpace and text messages forwarded among friends.

At the Chelsea King Search Center in Rancho Bernardo, the day’s events elicited similar emotions.

“It’s heartbreaking,” said Dawn Davis, senior case manager for the Laura Recovery Center, a Texas-based organization that helped coordinate the local search. “We all hoped and prayed that Chelsea would come home to her family.”

The center attracted about 1,500 people each day for the past four days, some from as far away as Oregon. They were sent out in teams of 20 to search ravines, orchards and other places in a 10-mile radius around Lake Hodges.

The investigation into Gardner widened in recent days as authorities linked him to a December assault and probed whether he had a role in last year’s disappearance of an Escondido teenager.

San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins said Gardner has been connected to a Dec. 27 attack on a female jogger in the same park, but it was not through DNA evidence. He declined to say how the link was made, but said they were working with police in Colorado Springs, Colo., where the jogger lives.

Over the weekend, the San Diego police crime lab had rushed to test a DNA swab taken from the elbow of the victim of the December attack. It did not have Gardner’s DNA, only the victim’s, Collins said.

The 22-year-old jogger told officers she had used her bare elbow to knock her assailant in the face, possibly breaking his nose.

“We thought we could get something good on that, but unfortunately not,” Collins said.

The DNA sample was not tested earlier because it was considered an attempted robbery, which is not as high on the crime lab’s priority list as other violent crimes, Collins said. As of December, the lab’s DNA unit was dealing with a backlog of about 500 cases.

Gardner is also under investigation for possible involvement in the case of Amber Dubois, a 14-year-old who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

As recently as November 2009, Gardner registered as a sex offender at an Escondido address two miles from the school.

People living at the Rock Springs East condominiums said they were shocked to learn Gardner had lived in their building.

A woman with small children who lived next door to Gardner and recognized him from photos posted online over the past few days said he lived with a blond woman and two toddlers.

The former neighbor, who didn’t want to give her name, said teenagers, both male and female, often came over to play video games at Gardner’s apartment. She said she could hear the loud games through the walls.

She and other neighbors said Gardner had moved out about six months ago.

In 2000, Gardner was convicted of a forcible lewd act on a child and false imprisonment after he took a 13-year-old neighbor girl to his mother’s home in Rancho Bernardo. The girl accused him of repeatedly punching her in the face and touching her private parts.

A psychiatrist who interviewed him in that case said he would be a “continued danger to underage girls” because of the lack of remorse for his actions.

Prosecutors initially charged Gardner with more-violent sex crimes that could have resulted in a sentence of more than 30 years because the terms would have been served consecutively. He was sentenced to six years in prison as part of a plea agreement and served five years before he was released in September 2005. He completed probation in 2008.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/03/suspect-in-chelsea-king-killing-to-appear-in-court/
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #993 on: March 03, 2010, 01:08:50 PM »

Arraignment: John Albert Gardner III is scheduled to be arraigned today at 2:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court.

Charges: Gardner was arrested on suspicion of rape and murder in connection with 17-year-old Chelsea King’s disappearance. In filing charges today, prosecutors may include one or more special allegations that could make him eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

Defense attorney: Counsel will be appointed for Gardner unless he or his family retains a private attorney.

Jailed: Gardner is being held in solitary confinement at the Central Jail in downtown San Diego.

These monsters are amazing! Defense attorney: Counsel will be appointed for Gardner unless he or his family retains a private attorney.

This is probably why he is in mental health. Obviously AS OF YET , his parents have not provided him with an Attorney. Good for them! He is probably squirming and acting suicidal in hopes that mommy helps him out in the legal department! I am hoping that they are holding the death penalty over his head in hopes that he will cough up some of his other victims. As much as I hate the thought that the tax payers would have to pay for this monster to live out the rest of his life in prison, I would be ok with it if he starts talking!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #994 on: March 03, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:38:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #995 on: March 03, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »

I hope they are holding the death penalty over his head also, only problem people like him probably don't care. I remember reading yesterday or the day before, how hard it was for his lawyer back in 2000 to convince him too accept the plea deal, so I'm thinking this guy is not going to say a thing.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #996 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »

He also lived at an apartment complex in Escondido until six months ago, said a neighbor who would not give her name to protect her identity at work. Gardner lived there with a woman and two toddlers, and male and female teenagers would come over to play video games with him.   ::MonkeyNoNo::I believe those are his twins that he supposedly had with this woman.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #997 on: March 03, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »

He blew through a red light in 2006. Wonder what his hurry was?

Case LL015123JG - Defendants

Seq  Defendant  Next Court Date  Status  Agency /
DR Number  Arrest Date  Count 1 Charge  Violation Date 
1   GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT         LL   N/A   VC I21453(A)   12/12/2006   

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Status

Custody N/A
Filing Type Citation  Filing Date 12/20/2006
Ordered Bail $0.00  Posted Bail $0.00
D.A.  Defense 
Next Action:  Deputy Report #: LL-LL 

Warrant Type Status Issued Affidavit
    NONE  N/A  N/A 
Probation Type Granted Expiration
  N/A N/A N/A
Sentence Convicted Date County Jail CTS
  02/16/2007  Days  N/A 
  State Prison Max Sentence   
  N/A  N/A   
  Fine and Penalty Restitution Fine Restitution to Victim
  C  0  N/A 

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Charges

Filed Charges
Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea Status

1  VC I21453(A)  I  VEHICLE STOP ON RED SIGNAL  12/12/2006  GUILTY  CONVICTED 

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Probation

Probation Has Not Been Granted On This Case For This Defendant.

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Related Cases On Calendar

Related Cases On Calendar
This Defendant Does Not Have Any Other Cases With Future Hearings Scheduled.

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Previously Disposed Cases

Case Number  Filed Date  Charges Next Hearing  Jurisdiction 
This Defendant Does Not Have Any Other Reportable Cases.

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Actions and Minutes

Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type
02/21/2007 DMV DIRECT UPDATE DISPOSITION ABSTRACT COMPLETED       
02/16/2007 DEFENDANT MADE A PAYMENT OF $296.00.       
02/16/2007 8:00 AM DEPT. S1A COURT TRIAL  DISPOSED  TRIAL 
  Minutes
  W CHARLES BRADLEY

CLERK MYRNA THOMAS

-

APPEARANCES

OFFICER PRESENT.

DEFENDANT PRESENT.

-

PROCEEDINGS

CHANGE OF PLEA AT TIME OF COURT TRIAL.

-

PLEA INFORMATION

DEFENDANT PLEADS GUILTY AS TO COUNT(S) 1.

-

DEFENDANT WAIVES TIME FOR SENTENCING.

-

SENTENCING INFORMATION

FOR THE CHARGE(S): 1

PAY THE FINE $296.00,

PAY FINE/FEE TO THE COURT.

BY 02/16/2007.

-

CUSTODY STATUS

DEFENDANT RELEASED.

COPY OF MINUTE ORDER GIVEN TO DEFENDANT.

============= MINUTE ORDER END ================

01/12/2007 OFFICER SUBPOENAED; SUBPOENA SENT TO ISSUING AGENCY.     
01/11/2007 12:30 PM DEPT. S1 CLK'S ARRAIGNMENT/COUNTER & TELEPHONE  DISPOSED  ARRAIGNMENT 
  Minutes
  W CHARLES BRADLEY

CLERK N WORTHAM

DEFENDANT PRESENT (AT COUNTER)

DEFENDANT WAIVES FORMAL ARRAIGNMENT.

DEFENDANT PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO ALL COUNTS.

COURT TRIAL SET FOR 02/16/2007 AT 8:00 IN DEPARTMENT S1. ESTIMATED 0 DAYS.

DEFENDANT ORDERED TO ARRIVE AT COURTHOUSE BY 7:30 A.M. DUE TO SECURITY SCREENING.

DEFENDANT ORDERED TO APPEAR ON HEARING DATE.

NOTICE OF ARRAIGNMENT AND TRIAL SETTING PRINTED AND SIGNED BY DEFENDANT.

NOTICE OF COURT TRIAL SETTING & WAIVER OF BAIL POSTING FILED.

CUSTODY STATUS

CASE CUSTODY - OR

12/22/2006 BAIL QUOTE PRINTED.       
12/21/2006 CASE READY FOR BAIL ENHANCEMENT.       
12/20/2006 EFILE CITATION INTERFACE ENTRY       

Case LL015123JG Defendant 2510431 GARDNER III, JOHN ALBERT - Fine Information

Date To Pay:  02/16/2007     First Payment:  02/16/2007 
Prior NSF:  N     Payment Amount:  $0.00     Last Payment:  02/16/2007 

Fine Number  Fine Type  Fine Description  Original Amount  Paid To Date  Current Due 
2   DMV   DMV LOOK-UP FEE   $30.00   $30.00   $0.00   
1   RLV   RED LIGHT VIOLATION   $266.00   $266.00   $0.00   
Total:  $296.00   $296.00   $0.00   

http://170.164.31.10/openaccess/CRIMINAL/criminalcasereport.asp?defendantcount=1&courtcode=X&casenumber=LL015123JG&defnbr=2510431&defseq=1&otnmseq=0&defendantcount=1&dsn=&casedefendants=ON&statussummary=ON&charges=ON&probation=ON&relatedcases=ON&alldisposedcases=ON&actions=ON&fineinfo=ON&Submit=Format+the+Report
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #998 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »

Snipped from an article posted back on page 48.

Local criminal defense Attorney Bob Grimes says the erratic nature of human behavior will also render even the most well-crafted law imperfect.

"A lot of these crimes we just can't predict them. There are 60,000 registered sex offenders in California and probably a relatively small proportion of them are going to commit a crime of a really serious violent nature. But we can't predict which ones or how they're going to occur. So Megan's Law is really limited from protecting us from this kind of thing.

This kind of thing? Really? The Cover your butt is already starting? First off a psych told everyone he would re offend and was a danger to society, but his defense attorney talked him into pleading guilty so he would get a light sentence....But once released, seems like LE could have a clue into the need to watch this man, investigate the area's he is from and monitor him for possible connections to missing persons cases. But your right Mr defense attorney human behavior is unpredictable.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #999 on: March 03, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »

I haven't seen a booking photo of him, has anyone else? I am curious to know what he looks like now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.