March 28, 2024, 07:03:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 509551 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« on: February 26, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »

Sweet_Justice posted this in Amber Dubois thread! TY!

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/rancho-bernardo/article_0ac99cb2-22b6-11df-b40c-001cc4c03286.html

RANCHO BERNARDO: Missing Poway teen the focus of overnight search
Chelsea King, 17, didn't return from afternoon run

North County Times | Posted: February 26, 2010 12:40 am | 1 Comment | Print

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size San Diego County Sheriff's deputies began the search for a missing Poway teenager Thursday night, NBC San Diego has reported.

Chelsea King, 17, planned to go for a run after school at the Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Her car was located in the area.

Chelsea is a long distance runner for Poway High School. When she didn't return home after dark, her parents contacted authorities.

NBC San Diego reported that more than 100 sheriff's deputies and volunteers had set up a command center at the park and planned to search through the night.

The search of the rugged terrain is taking place on the ground by foot and all-terrain vehicles, and by air using sheriff's helicopters.

Chelsea is reported to be wearing running gear. She is blonde with a thin build.

Anyone with information can call 911 or the sheriff's department dispatch line at (858) 565-5200.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:25:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

Here's a physical description, I'm still looking for photo

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/20456/Chelsea_King_Missing_Poway_Teen_In_Rancho_Bernado_Disappears_On_Jog.html

Chelsea King Missing Poway Teen In Rancho Bernado Disappears On Jog

Contributed by Anonymous (Editor)
Friday, February 26, 2010 8:16
More stories from this contributor161 people have read this story    San Diego, CA - San Diego County Sheriff's Department has notified the public of a missing teen.  The news of Chelsea King missing after she left her car for a job (sic) at the Rancho Bernardo Community Park after school.

Chelsea King, 17, is an avid distance runner for Poway High School who often takes long runs in rural areas.

She reportedly parked her car on West Bernardo Drive and did not return to her car.  Chelsea King was reported missing by her Family Late on Thursday.  The San Diego Sheriffs Department has launched  a 100 person search and rescue operation.

Chelsea King went missing after notifying family that she planned on going for a run after school.

Chelsea King Description:

Chelsea is described as follows:
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 115 pounds
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

People with Information Call:

San Diego Sheriff’s Department: 565-5200
Crime Stoppers: (619) 531-1500 or (619)531-1547

Sweet_Justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »

This is the image being used by our local news stations. Hopefully they release more pictures soon.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »

It is so sad that women continue to do things like jog alone.
It is so sad that Americans living today can not see that we are under attack by illegal aliens who prey on out children and adults.

It is a sad time in history where Americans have lost there ability to think and stand up as well as fight back.

It is sad.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:06:56 PM »

Wow this is close to where amber went missing. Did she normally run in this area at this time of day?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »

Wow this is close to where amber went missing. Did she normally run in this area at this time of day?
That is what I was wondering 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/26/search-continues-for-missing-poway-teen/?imw=Y

Search continues for missing Poway teen
By Michael Burge, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Karen Kucher, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Originally published February 26, 2010 at 6:18 a.m., updated February 26, 2010 at 11:56 a.m.

Poway High School student Chelsea King disappeared while jogging around Lake Hodges Thursday evening.

SAN DIEGO — As volunteers and law enforcement officers continued to search for a missing 17-year-old Poway girl who disappeared from a Rancho Bernardo park Thursday, the teen’s distraught parents asked people to pray for her and to help bring her home.

Dozens of people, assisted with dogs, all-terrain vehicles and helicopters, searched overnight near Lake Hodges for Chelsea King, who went missing Thursday when she went for a run.

The Poway High School senior planned on going running at Rancho Bernardo Community Park on West Bernardo Drive near Aguamiel Road on Thursday and was reported missing by her family when she failed to return home.

“We’ve been missing our daughter since six o’clock last night,” said Chelsea’s father, Brent King, who praised the sheriff’s and police departments’ exhaustive search efforts. “We are praying for Chelsea to come home and find us.”

“Anybody out there, if you know anything about her, please just help us bring her home,” her mother, Kelly King, said through tears. “She’s such a good girl.”

Sheriff Bill Gore said his department was treating Chelsea’s disappearance as a missing-persons case, not a crime, and was following every lead and interviewing any witness.

He said search teams, which have come from as far away as Riverside, San Bernardino and Santa Barbara counties, were retracing steps taken during the night in the fog in hopes of uncovering something new.

“We’re doing all the logical steps and searching the logical area to make sure we didn’t miss anything,” Gore said. “Hopefully we will have some positive results as the day goes on.”

Gore said Chelsea’s runs averaged four to six miles, so the search is focusing on those distances between the community park and the lake.

The search area was bustling with police and volunteers Friday morning, including some with specially trained dogs. Helicopters flew overhead continuously and some hovered low, allowing searchers the chance to give the ground a close inspection.

Shortly before noon, two inflatable boats from the Del Mar lifeguards were towed to the search area. A sheriff’s spokeswoman said a search of Lake Hodges was planned.

Volunteers were given stacks of fliers to distribute to businesses and residents in the area to see if anyone had seen the girl.

Chelsea is “a happy girl going for a run and didn’t come back,” said Stephanie Dorian, who is Chelsea’s cousin.

“She’s a typical all-American gal. She’s very easygoing, successful with what she does. She’s a straight-A student and avid runner,” she said.

Dorian said the family is “devastated” but doing the best they can.

Deputies used cell towers to determine that Chelsea’s cell phone was near the park. Her phone was found inside her locked car Thursday night.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Don Parker, the search coordinator, said nothing useful has been found so far. “Nothing at all,” he said.

Parker said the group is searching an area larger than 20 square miles. Rancho Bernardo Community Park lies on the southern shore of Lake Hodges. It is laced with trails that weave through brush-covered hills and link the community park and the lake.

“Any time a child goes missing it is a serious issue.” said Linda Farmer, a Poway school employee who planned to hand out fliers. Farmer said her daughter and Chelsea are the same age.

Chelsea has blond hair, blue eyes, is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 115 pounds.

She is a member of the Poway High School cross country running team and plays French horn in the San Diego Youth Symphony.

Principal Scott Fisher spoke to students Friday morning at the beginning of the school day via the intercom system about their missing classmate. Counselors have been available all day for students, said school district spokeswoman Sharon Raffer.

Chelsea was known to run all over Poway. City Manager Penny Riley said City Hall employees have seen her running on many occasions. “What a beautiful girl she is,” Riley said.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »

I wonder what the park ranger has to say about this.

Sweet_Justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »

It is so sad that women continue to do things like jog alone.
It is so sad that Americans living today can not see that we are under attack by illegal aliens who prey on out children and adults.

It is a sad time in history where Americans have lost there ability to think and stand up as well as fight back.

It is sad.

With all due respect,

I think it is more sad that women can't do something as simple as jog without running the risk of being attacked. Chelsea and all other women deserve the freedom that men enjoy. She did nothing wrong...it is society that is sick.

It is also important to not blame a group of people (illegal immigrants) for the heinous acts that are committed by every race. We have no idea who did this to Amber or Chelsea. The truth is child predators come in every size, shape, and color. I live in San Diego, so I do understand your concern about crime and illegal immigration. It is a problem, but I think we need to be careful not to use them as scapegoats. Our own citizens also do awful things. We need reform. I am tired of being a 23yr old girl and having to watch my back every second I go into public alone. It truly is sad Edward.
Sweet_Justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »

That is what I was wondering 

It is roughly 8.5 miles from Escondido High in North Escondido to Rancho Bernardo Community Park, It would take 10-15 mins depending on traffic. Lake Hodges divides Escondido and Rancho Bernardo. There is an Escondido side and a Rancho Bernardo side. The level of the lake varies greatly. Throughout my life I have seen it everywhere from full to very empty. If you go to google and put in a direction search from Escondido High School to Rancho Bernardo Community Park you will get a better idea of what I'm describing.
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys: This family is a friend of my sister's co-worker.   Obviously they are shocked and worried beyond belief. I'll certainly keep you posted of anything I find out, but any assistance you can offer would be truly appreciated.  Unfortunately I work full time during the day, but will do my best to provide updates.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys: This family is a friend of my sister's co-worker.   Obviously they are shocked and worried beyond belief. I'll certainly keep you posted of anything I find out, but any assistance you can offer would be truly appreciated.  Unfortunately I work full time during the day, but will do my best to provide updates.

Good evening mgoblue.  I can't begin to imagine how hard this would be.  Shocked and worried beyond belief would just be a start, I think.     Chelsea and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Any updates would be appreciated when you are able to give them.   Thank you mgo.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »

thanks muffy. Like everyone else, I just can't imagine the pain they are going through.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/22678790/detail.html

Authorities, Volunteers Continue Search For Missing Poway Teen
Chelsea King Reported Missing Thursday

POSTED: 12:14 am PST February 26, 2010
UPDATED: 6:50 pm PST February 26, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- Scores of law enforcement officers and volunteers combed open areas near Lake Hodges with tracking dogs Friday in search of a North County teen who went missing after going out on one of her regular after-school runs.

Chelsea King, 17, of Poway disappeared after parking her BMW sedan outside Rancho Bernardo Community Center on Thursday afternoon, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

When Chelsea was several hours overdue in returning home, her parents reported her missing.

Deputies looked for her through the night, and Friday morning, law enforcement personnel from Riverside County arrived with service dogs to help search. Additional canines from other agencies within San Diego County were also deployed, and personnel aboard boats combed the shore and waters of Lake Hodges.

Also aiding in the search were personnel from the FBI, the San Diego Police Department, the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department and the Del Mar Lifeguard Service.

There was no evidence indicating that Chelsea might be a runaway, Caldwell said.

Early Friday evening, searchers reported finding a shoe possibly belonging to the girl in an open area near the lake, and deputies were bringing in her parents to see if it was hers, according to television news accounts.

On Friday morning, a "reverse 911" call went out to Rancho Bernardo-area residents, urging them to immediately report any possible sightings of the missing teen. Dozens of friends and family, meanwhile, gathered at a command center near where Chelsea disappeared, though they were not directly assisting in the search, authorities said.

Classmates of Chelsea's took the day off from school so they could pass out missing-person fliers.

Shawna Watson, a Rancho Bernardo resident who regularly jogs the trails in the area, said a person could easily run five miles to Escondido and back and that it's likely other people would be in the area.

"At some point in your run, you're going to pass someone, every once in a while," she said.

During a 5 p.m. briefing, Sheriff Bill Gore told reporters that the search teams crisscrossing the undeveloped northern reaches of Rancho Bernardo were committed to finding the missing high-schooler.

"Our search continues," Gore said. "We have about 60 members of our search-and-rescue team who are still scouring the area. We have dive teams that are looking along the shoreline of Lake Hodges. We have investigators who are out in neighborhoods, talking to acquaintances of Chelsea."

Deputies have impounded the girl's home computer and cell phone, the sheriff said.

"We're in the process of downloading information from (them), seeing if there might be anything that might of help to us in our (effort) to return Chelsea to her parents," Gore said. "Obviously, I think we're going to be here through the night ... working the search, and (continuing) to contact friends and acquaintances."

Searchers were holding out hope that the girl simply got lost and will be found unharmed, the sheriff said.

"I'm still optimistic," he said. "It's a big area we're looking through, and hopefully we'll get the right lead or the right clue or the right tip that takes us to Chelsea and we'll get her back home in the near future."

Earlier in the day, Gore described the teen's parents as "worried to death."

"They want their daughter home safe and sound," he said.

Chelsea, who is due to graduate from Poway High School this spring, is white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 115 pounds, with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. She is a member of the San Diego Youth Symphony and a straight-A student, and has been eagerly awaiting college acceptance letters, a family spokeswoman told reporters.

Anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts was urged to call the Sheriff's Department at 858-565-5200.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »

Facebook - help find Chelsea:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=325634048499&ref=search&sid=508180468.958826203..1

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »

Pretty sure this is her Myspace, set to private:

http://www.myspace.com/chelseawashere00

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »

Rancho Bernardo Community Park aerial view:

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »

So this case has some similarities with Ambers case. Both are high school students, both have red or strawberry blond hair, both went missing when they were out alone either before or after school, not sure if it means anything but both are good students and of course both went missing in the same month, February, hmmm could this be the same person? Are there any other similarities between these 2 girls? 
I pray they find her. I don't like that a shoe was found. Is there anymore on that?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:29:29 AM »

It is February, it is another teenager abducted and the location is close to Escondido. I immediately wondered if there is a connection with Amber missing.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »

Thank you, mgoblue, for letting us know. Chelsea and her family are in my prayers. I just can't imagine how hard this is on her family, and I pray that Chelsea will be found safe and sound. Thanks too for any updates you can provide.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.