April 26, 2024, 05:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 511544 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1780 on: March 15, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »

Klaas - email

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1781 on: March 15, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »

Chelsea's brother giving his tribute to her:

<object id="376" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="394" width="448"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=87599327&path=%2Fnews%2Flocal-beat"/><embed src="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=87599327&path=%2Fnews%2Flocal-beat"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" height="394" width="448"></embed><p style="font-size:small">View more news videos at: <a href="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video">http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video</a>.</p></object>
I hope this isn't off topic, but it has been made my heart hurt since I saw the video of Chelsea's brother.

At the end he mentions that Chelsea jokingly said there are jaguars in Seattle and the kill 3 people a year in the rain forest. How said it is that she came back home only to be killed by a JAG in the same manner as a jaguar or cougar stalks prey.

It has haunted me since I watched the video. I don't know if it gave anyone else chills, it did me.

Sorry for the off topic. JSM
That is chilling...it was so difficult to watch her brother talk...he held up so nicely to get his memories of Chelsea out to everyone...it is so sad that ONE monster created ALL of this...ONE monster that should have been monitored...why is it that criminals are protected more than the innocent?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: March 15, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/15/parents-launch-chelseas-light-foundation/

Parents launch Chelsea's Light Foundation

By J. Harry Jones, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.

Brent and Kelly King, the parents of slain Poway teenager Chelsea King, announced the formation of the nonprofit Chelsea’s Light Foundation on Monday.

“We know that the path to healing will be long and unsteady because Chelsea’s absence leaves such a gaping hole in our hearts, our family and our community,” the Kings said in a statement. “We will reach past our grief and focus our rage to bring about changes that will make our communities safer.

“Establishing the Chelsea’s Light Foundation is our first positive step in that direction. We invite global participation. As Chelsea loved to say, ‘go big or go home.’”

The foundation will be dedicated to strengthening sex offender laws and changing policies, however the specific plan of action will be defined over the coming weeks and months, the statement said.

“The Kings intend to work in concert with California Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher to develop a path forward beginning with California and subsequently the nation.”

To contribute to Chelsea’s Light, donations can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank in the nation, account no. 1838355913
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1783 on: March 15, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »

Thank You so much Klaas for the article about the foundation her parents have started.  I love that they are thinking big..and that they are working with a local politician to get this job done in California...after that ..I hope all States will someday recognize that the victim is the victim..and that the RSO does not deserve a place in our society anylonger.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/16/experts-gardner-likely-to-pursue-venue-change/

Experts: Gardner likely to pursue venue change

By Dana Littlefield, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 12:02 a.m.

The name John Albert Gardner III has been in the public’s consciousness only a few weeks and is unlikely to fade anytime soon.

As a result, some legal observers wonder whether Gardner can receive a fair trial in San Diego County, where he is accused of raping and killing 17-year-old Chelsea King of Poway.

Gardner, 30, has pleaded not guilty to felony charges in what could become a death-penalty case.

So far, Gardner’s lawyers have not filed documents in Superior Court asking a judge to consider moving the trial to another county, where potential jurors might not have been exposed to extensive media coverage.

Some say it’s only a matter of time.

“I suspect they will,” said Shaun Martin, a professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, who noted the intense public interest in Gardner’s case.

Martin said the typical argument defense attorneys make in favor of a change of venue is that members of the public have made up their minds about the case. Therefore, their client cannot get a fair trial.

These assertions can be difficult to prove, Martin said.

“You can’t just say, ‘Look, there’ve been a lot of newspaper clippings,’ ” he said. “You have to prove that potential jurors have already come to an opinion about the defendant’s guilt and might not be able to leave that opinion behind once they become jurors.”

The common argument against moving a trial out of the area where the crime occurred is that in a county the size of San Diego — with a population of more than 3 million — it is possible to find 12 men and women who can be fair and impartial.

“It’s really hard to get a change of venue,” said Donald Levine, a defense attorney who is not involved in the Gardner case. “I’ve only seen it in one or two cases in 30 years.”

Gardner, a registered sex offender from Lake Elsinore, was arrested Feb. 28, three days after Chelsea King disappeared while going for a run at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Chelsea’s body was found March 2.

((snipped))
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: March 16, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/16/runners-planning-to-honor-slain-teen/

Runners planning to honor slain teen

By Janet Lavelle, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 12:02 a.m.

Organizers of a 3-mile jog planned for Saturday want to honor Chelsea King, even though most of them never knew the slain Poway High School senior who vanished after heading out for a run at Rancho Bernardo Community Park.

Finish Chelsea’s Run will start at 9 a.m. and wind through the popular open space park south of Lake Hodges.

At least a thousand people are expected, and participants are encouraged to park at Westfield North County shopping mall, off Interstate 15 on Via Rancho Parkway in Escondido. Free shuttles will take runners to the event, said Tommy Sablan, one of the organizers.

Participants are invited to run or walk the route, and children and pets are welcome.

The city has issued an event permit and businesses are donating insurance coverage, shuttles, cleanup services and portable toilets.

The event started as an idea among some running clubs to finish the route Chelsea probably planned to take, said Todd Velazquez, another organizer.

The idea quickly spread online via bloggers and Facebook.

“We really wanted to send a message that those are our parks and our trails and we’re going to run. We’re not going to let anyone scare us away from them,” said Velazquez, who graduated from Poway High School in 1999 and was on the cross-country team.

Chelsea was a member of the cross-country team and had gone for a run at the park on Feb. 25. Her body was found five days later in a tributary to Lake Hodges. Convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III has pleaded not guilty to charges of rape and murder.

Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, are not involved in organizing the event, but they have endorsed it on their Facebook page, Chelsea’s Light.

Janet Lavelle: (760) 476-8201; janet.lavelle@uniontrib.com
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1786 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

“It’s really hard to get a change of venue,” said Donald Levine, a defense attorney who is not involved in the Gardner case. “I’ve only seen it in one or two cases in 30 years.”    They managed to keep Westerfield's trial there, they can manage this.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12147472

Accused killer collected string of citations in various vehicles
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 1:31 AM PDT Updated: Mar 16, 2010 2:00 AM PDT

SAN DIEGO, Cailf. (CBS Cool - The murder of Poway High School senior Chelsea King, allegedly at the hands of a known sexual predator, has sparked outrage in the community.

News 8 is continuing to investigate John Gardner's past run-ins with the law and the vehicles he was driving since his release from prison.

We are learning more about missed opportunities the case of accused killer John Gardner. A News 8 review of court records shows Gardner was cited for marijuana possession while still on parole.

A string of other citations did not seem to raise any red flags with law enforcement.

News 8 searched records in four different courthouses to compile eight citations filed against Gardner in a little over three years. Four of those citations were filed while Gardner was still on parole, including one for possession of marijuana.

News 8's review of the records shows a total of two citations for marijuana possession, one for driving with an open alcohol container, and several other traffic violations.

The records also show Gardner failed to appear in court, didn't pay court fines, and had his driver's license suspended for two months at the end of 2009.
(snipped)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1788 on: March 16, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »

News 8's review of the records shows a total of two citations for marijuana possession, one for driving with an open alcohol container    That should have put him right back where he belonged.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1789 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »

Missed opertunities.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1790 on: March 16, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »

Do you use protection?
March 12th, 2010 by Fecal Finger of Fate

I am the last person to tell anyone what to do or what not to do. I am also not the morality police. I have never claimed to be. Effectively I don’t care what you do, as long as it does not impact me negatively.

I also believe the majority of hashers I have met feel similarly.

But a well placed piece of advice here and there can potentially go a long way. Are you ready?

Protect yourself. Be mindful of what information you post on your personal and social Web sites. You may be amazed how much information you leak out every time you post to your social networking sites. Given enough time and determination someone with the desire can know an awful lot about you. Information you would never discuss if a stranger approached you on the street you gladly give up to the world online.

And remember, that stuff never goes away. No, it doesn’t. You might think deleting it makes it go away. It doesn’t. Posted your physical address once? It’s still there. Phone number? Yup, that too. Directions to your house or work? Uh-huh.

But what do you care, right? You live a boring existence and no one would ever be interested enough to ever want to harass you.

Not so fast there, Tex. The following is from an e-mail making its way around hash kennels:

“Let me start off with I don’t have all the details, but did want all members of any Hash House Harrier kennel to know what is going on out west and feel free to pass this to other kennels. Also, check your passwords and privacy settings on all your social web pages. Here is why…
“By now you have all seen the news on Chelsea King, the 17 year old girl, that was raped and murdered while running on a trail in the San Diego, CA area. This was not a hash run nor was Chelsea a hasher, but the mother and step-father of the accused are hashers, and therefore, all hashers have been under fire for this.
“Apparently, there is a group of cyber stalkers (not sure what to call them) with good intentions to help track down child molesters, sex offenders and pedophiles. They came across Humpin’ Hash Harriers’ website. Like most kennels HHH post pictures and list their up coming events with sexual innuendos.”
The e-mail continued, “This cyber group then googled the hashers name and found personal information. A few hashers in the SD area are being harassed by this group or by people that follow their forum on-line. This group has contacted their local police and FBI. I am not sure of the outcome of that. The newspapers and news channels are now trying to contact any hasher that will talk to them.”

Bluntly stated these hashers are being harassed because of their association with the hash. Not because they are interesting, rich, poor, high ranking, boring, male, female, black, white, gay or straight, but because they are hashers. And those doing the harassing found them by spending a few minutes on Google.

The bottom line is this: Be mindful of the information you post online. As soon as you hit the submit button everyone can see it.

http://www.sah3.com/2010/03/12/do-you-use-protection/

With facebook you have to put your real name, that bothers me why they don't change that.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »

Piwannabe- No you don't have to put your real name in Facebook or Myspace, you can put completely false information. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: March 16, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »

LKL is supposed to be covering John Gardner tonight.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: March 16, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1794 on: March 16, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »

LKL is supposed to be covering John Gardner tonight.

Looks like he will have the parents and a victim that away from the monster on the show tonight
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1795 on: March 17, 2010, 12:48:21 AM »

been gone a few days sorry if this is a repeat

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins#ixzz0iPDYu7KE

New details reveal that John Gardner fathered twins
By Elex Michaelson,  San Diego 6 CW
Thursday, March 11, 2010

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins#ixzz0iPDuvuwK

We’re learning more about John Albert Gardner III.  The man charged with Chelsea King’s murder and rape, and who is being investigated for Amber Dubois’ murder, is a father and the son of a highly-educated mother.

John Gardner’s mother and his stepfather, Cathy Osborne and Kevin O’Reilly, are both members of the San Diego Hash House Harriers, a group that describes itself as a “Drinking Club with a Running Problem.”

On Dec. 27, the group hosted a running event on the same day and location where John Gardner is accused of attacking a woman.

Gardner’s stepfather wrote in the group’s newsletter that day, “Disturbing news at the start…when other members…give us word that a girl had been attacked that morning in the trails where we would be running.”

Kevin O’Reilly runs a family photo touch up company out of his Rancho Bernardo home while Cathy teaches behavioral health at Scripps.

On her LinkedIn page, Cathy says she cares for “some of the most challenging psychiatric patients.”

Court documents from 2000 show her son, John Gardner, took at least 8 different psychiatric medications while living with Cathy, including Ritalin, Zoloft, and Paxil.

Last week, Chelsea King’s parents told San Diego 6 that they believed Cathy was putting neighbors in danger by allowing her son to stay at her home.  ”Anyone who is a parent cannot in good conscience sit there and say, ‘Yes, it’s okay to let this person live next door.’  You cannot — you cannot tell me.”

Now we’re learning Gardner is a parent of twin boys.  But the convicted sex offender never married his children’s mother.

By 2009, The Enterprise Report says, he was living with Jariah Baker at an apartment not far from Escondido High School where 14-year-old Amber Dubois disappeared.  Sources tell us Baker is now working with authorities on the Dubois murder investigation.

The black Nissan Sentra that Gardner was seen driving is registered to Baker.  The Enterprise Report obtained a ticket John Gardner received while driving the sedan on January 30th in Lake Elsinore.

He was stopped at a DUI check point and ticketed for failing to have registration or proof of insurance.

Last week, San Diego 6 broke the story of a man matching Gardner’s description following another young girl in a black car as she walked home from Bernardo Heights Middle School.  The suspect in that case was eventually scared off.

Sources said the black Sentra was seized by investigators.

Elex Michaelson is a reporter for San Diego 6.

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins#ixzz0iPEIoCLk

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins#ixzz0iPEAPLyS

there is a video at link, if this post doesnt work

<a href="http://&lt;script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;http://xetv.img.entriq.net/dayportcore/dpm/DayPortPlayers.js&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;&lt;script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;&gt;DayPortPlayer.newPlayer({articleID:&quot;755783&quot;,domain:&quot;xetv.dayport.com&quot;,playerInstanceID:&quot;27574A89-06D1-CD92-4444-22719C5099EC&quot;,accSite:&quot;XETV&quot;,accPos:&quot;CCTVI.VIDEO.LOCAL&quot;,autoPlay:&quot;true&quot;,playVideoAds:&quot;true&quot;,videoAdConDefID:&quot;2&quot;,videoAdObjectID:&quot;4&quot;,bannerAdConDefID:&quot;5&quot;});&lt;/script&gt;" target="_blank">http://&lt;script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;http://xetv.img.entriq.net/dayportcore/dpm/DayPortPlayers.js&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;&lt;script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;&gt;DayPortPlayer.newPlayer({articleID:&quot;755783&quot;,domain:&quot;xetv.dayport.com&quot;,playerInstanceID:&quot;27574A89-06D1-CD92-4444-22719C5099EC&quot;,accSite:&quot;XETV&quot;,accPos:&quot;CCTVI.VIDEO.LOCAL&quot;,autoPlay:&quot;true&quot;,playVideoAds:&quot;true&quot;,videoAdConDefID:&quot;2&quot;,videoAdObjectID:&quot;4&quot;,bannerAdConDefID:&quot;5&quot;});&lt;/script&gt;</a>

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »

trying vid one more time, please take down if it dosent work
hope it works, good vid a lot of info

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1797 on: March 17, 2010, 01:19:56 AM »

JAG may have lived in other cities

http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp?fn=john&mn=Alber&ln=Gardner&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=&city=&state=CA&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=71&y=10

People Search: GARDNER, JOHN ALBER in  CA<< Search Again

2 Matches Found (100 max.)
  Name/AKAs Phone Address City, State Possible Relatives   
1.  GARDNER, JOHN ALBERT (Age 65)

Associated names:

GARADNER, JOHN A
 GARDNER, JOHN 
 GARDNER, JOHN A
 GARDNER, JOHN A
 GARDNER, JOHN A 3RD
 GARDNER, JOHN A JR
 Available(2) Available MISSION VIEJO, CA
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
BRANDON, MS
CRP CHRISTI, TX Possible Relatives:

GARDNER, OLETHA PRIDDY (Age 94)
ARROYO, ROBIN DANIELLE (Age 41)
GARDNER, REVA A (Age 63)
GARADNER, REVA
GARDNER, OLETHA L (Age 94)
GARDNER, ILL
GARDNER, III JOHNA

Possible Roommates / Associates:

GARDNER, JOHN A (Age 66)
GARDENER, REVA A
 View Details
2.  GARDNER, JOHN ALBERT (Age 65)

Associated names:

GARDNER, J 
 JOHN, A 
 Available(6) Available LANCASTER, CA
GRANBURY, TX
PALMDALE, CA
CULVER CITY, CA
LAWNDALE, CA
HAWTHORNE, CA Possible Relatives:

JUDSON, CHRISTIE LYNN (Age 42)
JOHNSON, DARRYL ANTHONY (Age 42)
OSBORN, CATHERINE JEANNETTE (Age 54)
GARDNER, JOHN A
GARDNER, DEANNA N (Age 62)
GARDNER, CATHERINE ANN (Age 38)
GARDNER, C M
GARDNER, LEANNA
GARDNERJERR, CATHERINE J

Possible Roommates / Associates:

JERRED, JESSE JAMES (Age 41)
ERIKSEN, JAMES A
 View 

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1798 on: March 17, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »

Missed opertunities.
Edit: missing quote bracket. Fixed quotes.  MB

YES, how many times are the innocent made to pay because people simply do not do the things that they know they should do.  In each of the cases we follow, we see that usually several times actions are not taken by the people who should have taken action.  Professionals that we have put in charge of  protecting the public, to enabling relatives. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:20:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1799 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:27 AM »

Missed opertunities.
  Edit:  add missing quote bracket.  Fixed. MB

YES, how many times are the innocent made to pay because people simply do not do the things that they know they should do.  In each of the cases we follow, we see that usually several times actions are not taken by the people who should have taken action.  Professionals that we have put in charge of  protecting the public, to enabling relatives. 

Sorry, Edward, to have messed up the quote box
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:21:45 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.