March 28, 2024, 05:56:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Robertson 19 msg from fatal house fire 2/26/10 Milwaukee WI (Body Found)  (Read 14469 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 26, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - Authorities say they have found a 6-week-old boy whose mother and two young siblings were found dead after a fire in their home, as well as a 20-year-old woman who lived at the residence. The infant was safe inside of a baby carrier outside of a northside Milwaukee church.

Police were treating the deaths of the 24-year-old Rachel Thompson, 4-year-old Torian Thompson-Carter and 3-year-old Jaden Thompson-Carter as homicides, Milwaukee Police Capt. Kurt Leibold said. Their bodies were found after a fire at their home that was reported early Friday.

Investigators are now looking for Brittney Robertson, a woman who lived at the home, police spokeswoman Anne Schwartz said in a statement.

"We are currently unable to locate her and are concerned for her safety," Schwartz said.

When asked whether Robertson was considered a suspect, Schwartz said Robertson was "a critical missing person."

Leibold said officers were searching for two cars that belonged to the infant's mother. The first was a white, 2-door Ford Thunderbird with license plates, 840-MNJ. The second is a blue, 2-door Ford Taurus with no plates.

Police were unable to issue an Amber Alert because they didn't have enough information for one, Leibold said.

"The criteria isn't matching because we do not have a person to name or a possible vehicle the boy is in," he said.

Three people who lived downstairs from the family escaped the fire.

If you have any information that can help police in this case, you're urged to call 414-935-7360.
http://www.wreg.com/witi-100226-homicide-fire-story,0,2921543.story
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:59:02 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - Authorities say they have found a 6-week-old boy whose mother and two young siblings were found dead after a fire in their home, as well as a 20-year-old woman who lived at the residence. The infant was safe inside of a baby carrier outside of a northside Milwaukee church.

Police were treating the deaths of the 24-year-old Rachel Thompson, 4-year-old Torian Thompson-Carter and 3-year-old Jaden Thompson-Carter as homicides, Milwaukee Police Capt. Kurt Leibold said. Their bodies were found after a fire at their home that was reported early Friday.

Investigators are now looking for Brittney Robertson, a woman who lived at the home, police spokeswoman Anne Schwartz said in a statement.

"We are currently unable to locate her and are concerned for her safety," Schwartz said.

When asked whether Robertson was considered a suspect, Schwartz said Robertson was "a critical missing person."

Leibold said officers were searching for two cars that belonged to the infant's mother. The first was a white, 2-door Ford Thunderbird with license plates, 840-MNJ. The second is a blue, 2-door Ford Taurus with no plates.

Police were unable to issue an Amber Alert because they didn't have enough information for one, Leibold said.

"The criteria isn't matching because we do not have a person to name or a possible vehicle the boy is in," he said.

If you have any information that can help police in this case, you're urged to call 414-935-7360.

Okay.  I'm confuzzled.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

http://bayviewcompass.com/archives/3340
ALERT–Missing children, from 800 block of S. 12th St., Friday, Feb. 26

February 26, 2010

The police announced two missing children today at 1:33pm. One is a 6-week-old black male, Maurice Visor, and the other is Brittney Robertson, a young white female whose age was not released. They resided in the 800 block of S. 12th St.
If you have any information about their whereabouts, you are asked to call 911. 

Maurice Visor (found safe)

Brittany Robertson (missing)

Friday, Feb. 26, 2009

From the Milwaukee Police:
Attached is a photo of Maurice Visor. He is a 6-week-old black male. His mother and two siblings were the victims of a homicide this morning at a home in the 800 block of S. 12th St.  Maurice is currently missing and we believe could be in grave danger. We do not have a description of the person he may be with, nor of a vehicle, but we need your help in putting his picture out to the public.
Also missing is Brittney Robertson. Brittney lived at the residence where these crimes occurred and we are currently unable to locate her and are concerned for her safety.Britteny is a white female, 5′06″ tall,130 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes, both ears are pierced.
If anyone has information on the whereabouts of these two people, please call 911 and provide any information you can. We already have secured digital billboards from Lamar Advertising and Clear Channel Outdoor. We are currently in the process of securing an Amber Alert for these two people but because time is key, we want to get the information out as soon as possible.

This article states there are two children missing, one was six week old Maurice Visor who has been found safe, and the other seems to be Brittney Robertson no age given, but a picture and a physical description is provided.  My next post has an article that states Brittney Robertson is 20 years old, lived at the house and is missing.  There's some poor journalism here....JMHO
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:25:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/police-wis-infant-missing-332006.html
Police: Wis. infant missing after fire found safe
MILWAUKEE — Authorities say a missing 6-week-old boy whose mother and two young siblings were found dead after a fire in their home has been found safe.
Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn says Maurice Visor was found in good condition in a baby carrier outside of a church on the city's north side Friday afternoon.

Investigators are searching for 20-year-old Brittney Robertson, who lived in the home

Authorities say 24-year-old Rachel Thompson, 4-year-old Torian Thompson-Carter and 3-year-old Jaden Thompson-Carter were found dead in their burned out home early Friday. Police have not said how they died, but have ruled their deaths homicides.

Authorities have not named a suspect in their deaths.

___

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12051902
Wis. cops: 2nd person missing after triple slaying

Associated Press - February 26, 2010 3:05 PM ET

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Milwaukee police say a second person is missing following a suspicious house fire where a mother and her two young children were found killed.

Police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz says 20-year-old Brittney Robertson lived at the home where the crimes were discovered early Friday. Schwartz says police are concerned for her safety.

Schwartz wouldn't say whether Robertson was a suspect in the deaths of the 24-year-old woman, her 4-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.

The mother's 6-week-old boy is also missing, and police are seeking the public's help in finding him. A police captain says authorities believe the child could be in danger, but wouldn't elaborate. (Baby Maurice Visor has been found safe)

Police are searching for 2 of the family's cars. They haven't named a suspect.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »

Mother, 2 kids found dead in Milwaukee home, search for Brittney Robertson
Dead mother's missing 6-week-old boy found safe
February 26, 2010

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/85575122.html
Families Of Murdered Victims In Triple Homicide Look For Answers
By Melanie Stout

February 26, 2010
Milwaukee - Family members of a young family found murdered inside their home at 12th and Walker came to the scene looking for answers. Tears poured out as family member embraced and stood behind the crime tape where there loved ones were killed.

24 year old Rachael Thompson, 4 year old Torian Thompson-Carter and 3 year old Jayden Thompson-Carter were found murdered inside their apartment.  Police think someone may have set the home on fire possibly to cover up the murders. Family members are devastated and can't imagine how or why anyone would commit such a horrific crime. "No but I want to know who did it and they need to pay for it," said Torian's Grandma Tondalia Massey.

Some took Thompson's 6-week old son, Maurice Visor from the scene but  he was later found at a church on the north side alive and well. Police aren't saying who may have taken the baby there or how they learned about the newborns whereabouts.

The family is relieved the baby is okay but they are devastated by the loss of such precious life.

Torian's great aunt waited at the scene trying to support her sister. "Good family, loving, everybody is devastated you know, I just don't understand why would they do something like this. They're just babies they didn't hurt nobody they didn't as for that, said Linda Massey.

I first posted this article in Maurice Visor Jr.'s thread (6 wk old that had been missing, but found safe) first, but thought maybe I should post it here also for reference.    Notice the article doesn't mention Brittney Robertson, though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:42:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »

This is confusing, but it appears Brittney Robertson has been found deceased

February 27, 2010

MILWAUKEE — Police said a 6-week-old boy whom they feared was in danger was found abandoned but safe outside a church Friday afternoon after his mother and two young brothers were found dead following a suspicious fire in their home.

Hours later, the body of a 19-year-old woman who lived in the family's home -and who police called a "person of interest" in the case - was found dead on the city's northwest side. <<Brittney Robertson/see below

The infant, Maurice Visor Jr., was found about 1:45 p.m. in good condition in a baby carrier on a sidewalk outside the church, Police Chief Ed Flynn said at a news conference.

"Our investigation into how the baby went missing continues," Flynn said. He added that police had a "working theory" in the case.

Investigators were treating the deaths of Maurice's mother, 24-year-old Rachel Thompson, and brothers - 4-year-old Torian Thompson-Carter and 3-year-old Jaden Thompson-Carter - as homicides, police Capt. Kurt Leibold said.

Flynn said he wouldn't discuss how they died because doing so could jeopardize the investigation.

Police also had been looking for 19-year-old Brittney Robertson. When asked whether Robertson was a suspect, Flynn said she was a missing person whose safety was in question. Robertson's body was found about 6:15 p.m., according to police spokeswoman Anne Schwartz, who said she could not offer any further details about how Robertson died or where she was discovered.

Firefighters had found the dead family members on the second floor of their duplex while battling a blaze at the home earlier Friday.

Terry Visor, who identified himself as Maurice's grandfather, said he was "elated" when he learned his grandson had been found. Flynn said police found the baby after receiving a telephone call about his location.

"After hearing about Rachel and her kids being killed I didn't know what to expect," he told The Associated Press by telephone. "I was ecstatic when I heard Maurice Jr. was safe. Just to hold him again will be awesome."

The infant's father, Maurice Visor Sr., is jailed on a probation violation, Terry Visor said.

Terry Visor said he only knew Robertson in passing and had no idea why she was living with Thompson. He also said he had no idea who could have killed Thompson or why.

Torian's grandmother, Tondalia Massey, said her grandson was a wonderful, loving boy.

"I just want to know why they took my grandbaby's life. Why?" she told AP. "As I know it Rachel didn't have any enemies. She's a loving person just as well as my grandchild was a loving person."

She too said she didn't know Robertson well and didn't know why Robertson lived in Thompson's home.

Online court records show police have been searching for Robertson since September. That's when an arrest warrant was issued for her after she failed to appear in court on a felony charge of possessing prescription drugs with intent to deliver. The records didn't list a defense attorney.

Earlier Friday, officers strung yellow police tape to cordon off a one-block radius around Thompson's duplex. Several neighbors watched the investigators through the windows of their homes but declined to come out and speak with reporters.

Diana Baldwin, 58, who lived next door to Thompson for about a year, said she'd never heard any disturbances or loud noises from Thompson's home.

"They were quiet," Baldwin said. "They mainly kept to themselves."

Across the street, three red roses lay near a stop sign under the police tape.

One passer-by stopped outside the tape and stood silently for a few moments. When a reporter approached him he said quietly, "If you talk to the family, tell them the whole neighborhood is hurting. Tell them we all offer our condolences."

Then he turned aand walked away, declining to give his name.

http://www.app.com/article/20100227/NEWS06/100227038/Police--Wis.-boy-found-OK--mom--2-brothers-killed
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:00:47 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »

Robertson Found Dead

MILWAUKEE - Brittany Robertson, a person of interest in the deaths of 3 people, has been found dead on Milwaukee's northwest side. She, along with an infant boy were missing after the bodies of three people were found in a burning building early Friday.

The 6-week-old boy was found alive and unhurt outside of a church on the city's north side.

Maurice Visor's mother and two siblings were found murdered in a home that was set on fire at 12th and Walker.

Authorities believe that whoever killed the family then set the house on fire. That fire wasn't very big and firefighters quickly put it out.

The boy was found outside of Eastbrook Church on Green Bay Ave.

People at the church said they were relieved the boy was found but sad to know he will grow up without a mother. "It was just heart – breathtaking to know that happened. Being a grandmother, I was just devastated to hear it," said Diana Hampton who saw the infant leave the church with relatives.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/85465952.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »

Thank you for the update, Nut.  I wasn't expecting Brittney Robertson to be found so quickly, and I was surprised to learn she was found dead.  Until we know the COD, it remains a puzzle.  The COD of the mother and two children hasn't been released as far as I've been able to read this morning.  Their bodies were found in the house fire, but that doesn't mean they died as a direct result of the fire imo.  What a tragedy.  A young mother and two little children dead.  And now a 19 year old dead.  The saving grace was that little Maurice was spared. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »

I was reading a link re: woman's body found after gunshots heard on the NW side, but I lost the link. I am sure we will know soon.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

A Milwaukee woman who went missing in the wake of a triple murder has now been found dead.

Police sources tell CBS 58 the body of 19 year-old Brittney Robertson was found in Rotary Park at about 6:15 Friday night.

They say Robertson had been shot at least once in the head. Robertson was first reported missing earlier Friday after three other people were found dead in the south side duplex they shared with Robertson. Initially, police considered Robertson a person of interest in those earlier homicides. Now, given this new information, it appears the suspect in these slayings is still at large.
http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=11349

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »

Murdered woman was involved in triple slaying, police say
By Crocker Stephenson of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 5:30 p.m. |(3) Comments

Brittney Robertson, the murdered 19-year-old whose body was found on the city's northwest side Friday, was involved in the slayings earlier that day of a mother and her two young children, investigators said Sunday.

The bodies of Rachel Thompson, 23, and her sons Torian Thompson-Carter, 4, and Jaden Thompson-Carter, 3, were found early Friday in the burned-out remains of their upper duplex in the 800 block of S. 12th St.

Investigators would not reveal how the three were killed or what role Robertson played in their deaths.

The fire, investigators said, was set to cover up the triple homicide. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Police emphasized that the murders were not random.

Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn, speaking at a Sunday evening press conference, described those involved in the crimes as "a small group of interconnected people known to each other."

Rachel Thompson's youngest child, 6-week-old Maurice Visor, was found Friday afternoon unharmed, tucked into an infant carrier and left on the sidewalk outside Eastbrook Church, 5385 N. Green Bay Ave.

While police would not say who left the baby at the church or why, they said Robertson had been in a now-ended relationship with the surviving infant's father, also named Maurice Visor.

Relatives said Visor, who has been at the House of Corrections for the last three months, is not the father of the two slain children.

A motive for the killings has not been determined, Flynn said.

Robertson's body was found Friday evening near N. 101st St. and W. Kiehnau Ave. She had been shot in the head, investigators said.

Police have identified suspects in Robertson's death and are asking anyone with information to call them at (414) 935-7360.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/85780837.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »

5 arrested in multiple murder case 

Five people have been arrested over the last two days in connection with the triple homicide Friday on Milwaukee's south side and the killing of another woman whose body was found on the northwest side, Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn said Monday.

Flynn said police continue to believe that Brittney Robertson, the 19-year-old whose body was found on the city's northwest side Friday, was involved in the slayings earlier that day of a mother and her two young children.

The bodies of Rachel Thompson, 23, and her sons Torian Thompson-Carter, 4, and Jaden Thompson-Carter, 3, were found early Friday in the burned-out remains of their upper duplex in the 800 block of S. 12th St.

Investigators have not revealed how the three were killed or what role Robertson played in their deaths.

The fire, investigators said, was set to cover up the triple homicide. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Police emphasized that the murders were not random.

Flynn has not said whether police know of a motive for the killings.

Robertson's body was found Friday evening near N. 101st St. and W. Kiehnau Ave. She had been shot in the head, investigators said.

This story will be updated with developments

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/85851877.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »

Lemme' guess.....  drugs

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.