May 01, 2024, 03:05:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94377 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Oh gee, Oklahoma governor looks out the window and sees it snowing and thinks 'we better declare a state of emergency' never know how many folks might not notice.

Guess it's the modern way.

Very Happy  Laughing That's how they do it down south.  
Up here we line up the salt trucks and snow plows if we're expecting snow.  They all wait for someone to actually see a snowflake.  I'm not sure who makes the call that it's actually a snowflake.  Anyway, then the salt trucks head out throwing that stuff everywhere so they can get it on the ground before the snow, so it doesn't turn to ice.  The plow guys finish their Subway sandwiches and THEN head out.  It works pretty well if you live and travel on the main roads.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "Anna"
Well, no wonder you have a cold.  I have a tiny new baby girl Yorkie just ten weeks old that I do not want to get chilled and while she wants to run all over the place, she will be chilled if I do not keep it real warm.  Small dogs should not sleep directly on cold floors BTW as the floor will wick the heat from their very small bodies as they lack the body mass to hold on to it.  Bed off the floor or really thick for them.

I wonder if it helps if you have carpeting rather than wood or tile floors.  I'm in favor of those little steps that allow the small or older pets to access the big beds, often occupied by humans in the late night hours.  But that's just me.  Many people don't like their pets on the bed and pets need someplace to lay during the day when they want to be near their humans.  An old pillow (or two) with a flannel pillowcase would be good for those who don't want to spend money on those pet beds.  Cats pretty much lay wherever they want and seem to always find the warmest and softest place.

We bought Derrie a very pretty large bed of microfiber at Macy's.  It is kind of golden red and looks pretty with her hair and the nice thing about microfiber, of course, is that it repells the hair to some degree.  She likes her bed and now we hope she will like her crate but I have my doubts.

As to cats, our tuxedo cat is lying on a down comforter covered in silk with a faux mink throw.  The persian is lying on the granite by the lava bowl.  Cats just do what they want to do, without rhyme or reason.  They rule.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »

Well I was kinda put off a bit with the Beckham comments.

I knew you were going to say that.   Laughing

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »

My little snow angel is out kicking up her heels in the snow.

Guess she must think she's part Husky or something.

At least black is easy to find in the snow.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »

Well, the tale I was told is that black dogs are hard to find in snow.  Remember back to the blinding snow and black dogs from 9th grade science.  I know you were in my class.  I remember you.  You wanted to collect cars.  You were always shy with the girls.  Smile  Sometimes you would even let me cheat by looking at your paper. Wink

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
crazybabyborg
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »

Robots, you have a pic in the lounge.

My Shar Pei will fight you for the electric blanket when it's warm, and when the Bull Mastiff is home, he moves both the Shar Pei AND me out of bed for it!  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »

Those little airplanes are just too dangerous.  I know they are necessary for crop spraying, oh how I know about that!  Also to ferry corp execs about but I will not get into one of them.  My neighbor Leon has a couple of them and his own grass landing strip complete with a metal hangar and he teases me unmercifully because I am afraid to go in his planes.

When I was younger, I was invincible but now that I am older, I know what pain feels like.  Also tend to get motion sickness something never happened before.  I am just falling apart.

But he has a beauty of a grass strip and has a little air show or something once a year with BBQ, real nice guy.  But I still am not getting into this airplane for anything.

Those poor folks on that one looks like from the fire on impact spot didn't have a chance.  Any word on what corporation?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »

Oh gee, Oklahoma governor looks out the window and sees it snowing and thinks 'we better declare a state of emergency' never know how many folks might not notice.

Guess it's the modern way.

Up here we line up the salt trucks and snow plows if we're expecting snow.  They all wait for someone to actually see a snowflake.  I'm not sure who makes the call that it's actually a snowflake.  Anyway, then the salt trucks head out throwing that stuff everywhere so they can get it on the ground before the snow, so it doesn't turn to ice.  The plow guys finish their Subway sandwiches and THEN head out.  It works pretty well if you live and travel on the main roads.

I forgot to mention that you do NOT want to be behind one of those salt trucks if you are driving.  Plague and pestilence would be preferable.  

Prayers for the family of those on the plane.  Very sad.  Hope no one was in the car!  

gotta go for now

crazybabyborg
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2007, 02:56:59 PM »

Years ago, I raised Siberians, and you've never seen such joy as when they were romping in the snow! They just came alive in it! They'd bury their nose and toss it up, and could bound like a bunny in it! They are such a nice breed; perpetual puppies for life!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »

[

What's a snow plow?

J/K I know what one is but we surely don't have any.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »

Those little airplanes are just too dangerous.  I know they are necessary for crop spraying, oh how I know about that!  Also to ferry corp execs about but I will not get into one of them.  My neighbor Leon has a couple of them and his own grass landing strip complete with a metal hangar and he teases me unmercifully because I am afraid to go in his planes.

When I was younger, I was invincible but now that I am older, I know what pain feels like.  Also tend to get motion sickness something never happened before.  I am just falling apart.

But he has a beauty of a grass strip and has a little air show or something once a year with BBQ, real nice guy.  But I still am not getting into this airplane for anything.

Those poor folks on that one looks like from the fire on impact spot didn't have a chance.  Any word on what corporation?

Oh gee, my daily bread used to be provided by Cessna Aircraft and then after that Learjet, before I finished out at Boeing.

Looks like the jet that crashed was a fairly late model Cessna Citation Jet.

Now a days those come in at least 3 models, small, medium and large so to speak.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2007, 02:59:35 PM »

You're not falling apart, Anna. Our brain's risk center isn't fully developed until we're 25 years old on average. After that things just look a little different, that's all!  Wink

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

Years ago, I raised Siberians, and you've never seen such joy as when they were romping in the snow! They just came alive in it! They'd bury their nose and toss it up, and could bound like a bunny in it! They are such a nice breed; perpetual puppies for life!

I think half the fun Shadow gets out of it, is when she comes back in, I towel her off at the door, she seems to really enjoy that attention, even demands it if I don't happen to be ready to do it.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »

i have out of it in the hospital,after surgery.I am back.The question I have is wasn't GVC charged with being the drug mixer and his work shirt found with a vial of a clear liquid.CBB,Nice new Avatar.I love dogs and cats.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
crazybabyborg
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2007, 03:02:37 PM »

I think half the fun Shadow gets out of it, is when she comes back in, I towel her off at the door, she seems to really enjoy that attention, even demands it if I don't happen to be ready to do it.

Aren't dogs just the greatest thing? Such an enrichment to life, and it sounds like you've got a good one, Carnut! See, I told ya' you're a teddy bear at heart!  Wink
I don't trust most people who don't like dogs.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2007, 03:03:22 PM »

Found at the Colony Area/Baby Beach: VCB shirt, sunglasses, Lysol spray bottle with an "unnamed suspicios substance" and styrofoam with teeth marks....

crazybabyborg
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
i have out of it in the hospital,after surgery.I am back.The question I have is wasn't GVC charged with being the drug mixer and his work shirt found with a vial of a clear liquid.CBB,Nice new Avatar.I love dogs and cats.Cat

Cat, are you ok? I'm so sorry you've been ill and hope you're better now!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »

Same with Scotties, they love the cold and find it exhilerating.

Lil Puma, I have baby gates to keep the dogs OFF the carpet.

No way could I have them on it as would have to be replaced monthly, lol.  Yorkies are notorious for being difficult to housebreak.  I am not breeding any of mine in a year but do hope to again when I feel better.  A litter of pups on carpet is the thing of my nightmares.  I can mop in my sleep and suspect I have a few times.  If they are not peeing and pooping, they are eating something and barfing or tracking in leaves in their long coats.

TYLER,
The rule is the more expensive the bed, the more the dog hates it so be careful in that regard.  I have found the fav of all breeds is an old pillow for it has strong human scent on it and they just love that.  Scaalp oil.  Same thing that makes them steal your glasses.

Are you sure you and DH are up to a Border Collie for they are VERY high energy.  Like to work.  You may have to get some sheep for her to herd, lol, but in this regions which was settled by lots of Scotts, we do have excellent lines of them.  But they are workers and easily bored.  You will have to supply toys that challenge, etc. highly intelligent but easily bored.  Just what you need!!  Make DH keep her entertained.

And I love her name.  She can be taught just about anything, BTW, so don't let her fool you that she doesn't get it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if ya'll had read this from Phil Croninger of New Dominion today:

I’ve endured a lot of criticism over my statements towards the Natalee Holloway case. The majority of it was deserved, as I simply did not have my facts straight. There was a plethora of information thrown at me from both sides. I have sifted through the information provided by both the pro-Twitty and anti-Twitty camps, and attempted to find some unbiased, straight-up facts in this case. I have formed some opinions on these newfound facts, but I shall reserve them for a later column, as I need to wade through the waters of information for a little while longer before espousing my opinions.

Nonetheless, this whole ordeal has been a learning experience for me.

I’ve come to the conclusion that, in order to solidify my points, I need to modify my writing style a bit. From now on, you will not get the usual rant you have received from me on a weekly basis. Instead, to support my opinions, I will attempt to provide both the facts that form my opinions, and my proposed solutions to the problems at hand. This way, those who read the column will get a better sense of how I’ve come to my conclusions.

I am all for interaction and civil discourse. If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be attempting to start a side career in column-writing. I encourage your opinions, no matter how harsh they may be, as long as it falls under the definition of civil discourse. I am applying this rule to my own articles and comments, as well.

I do want to state that I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for the tenacity and devotion shown by the pro-Twitty crowd, even though they vehemently disagreed with my statements. Their intense dedication to their cause is not something to ignore, nor denigrate.

The same is to be said of those who believe that the investigation of this case is heading down the wrong path, as they may help to eventually uncover truths that were previously unknown, or ignored. To both sides of this equation, I bid you good luck in your quest to resolve this case. Whatever the final truth may be, I hope you find it.

Anna, so glad to see you in all your Valentine finery.

CBB, you have outdone yourself with all of these animated avi's!!

Cat, glad you're back from the hospital...hope you get better soon!

Just ducking my head in monks...Hopefully I'll be able to come back to
the cage this weekend...Missing ya'll!!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

Laughing  Laughing Was trying to figure out why Phil would be saying these things  Laughing

Anna, so glad to see you in all your Valentine finery.

CBB, you have outdone yourself with all of these animated avi's!!

Cat, glad you're back from the hospital...hope you get better soon!

Just ducking my head in monks...Hopefully I'll be able to come back to
the cage this weekend...Missing ya'll!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.