April 30, 2024, 05:00:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94328 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »

IBE
Not sure you are at.... does not matter.
Either as a group of or individal plants.
Plastic, paper bags, old new papers taped together, old/new sheets etc.
Attempt to make "tents" over the plants.  
Just think how you made "tents" when you were a kid.. (yes you can remember those days Rolling Eyes )
Have and clothes pins for cloth items ...duct tape is better for paper / plastic and you can take a long length of duct tape --- fold it in on itself ( 2 1/2 in tape is now only 1 1/4 wide (shinny on both sides)  and make a pretty good rope replacement  

If a lot below 32 is predicted try to protect the pots too.  
Towles, blankets, crumbled news papers etc.   (it will have to be real cold to freeze the roots though but if the tent can hang down around the pots it should not hurt)

OH... There is no warranty of any kind related to this suggestion... Olffart    Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »

Carnut, I hear that Kansas is expecting ICE.  Not the immigration guys, but the slippery kind that puts cars and trucks in ditches.  Beckham aside, I want you to hunker down and stay off the roads.  Ok?  

I'm wondering why this guy would go out to get the younger boy and thinking maybe the older boy was getting too big to handle, too old to be "attractive" and was going to be killed.   Mad  So the perp goes out to get a new, younger one.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2007, 09:03:52 PM »

Off to  declare war on the weeds in my small garden.  Have to keep reminding myself some wise person once said that weeds are only plants that we have not found a use for yet.  Wish someone would urry up and find a use for them and then they will become scarce!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
BBL

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "yapperz1"
Evening Monkeys

So relieved the boys were found.
IMO they should find an island & put all pedophiles on it. Make sure all are spayed or neutered 1st then ship em to the island.

I'm thinking of the name of an island, where very little grows except scrub and pimps.........

.... with five letters and starts with an "A"

Yes yes yes!  We have a winner!   Very Happy

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »

Carnut... classic Ford Falcon on DIY network. I have Direct TV so don't know if same program on others.

Just let dog out.... it's cold here!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Weather report for you wimps from the Frozen North.
BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..
-46 below YES below zero.
This is unusual even for here.
Dum Ass Big Kat went to work.
Smart Furry Kitties stayed home.
They are having a nap, 'cause they had a tough day !!!!

Now who said they were dumb animals??   Wink

They seem to be way smarter than me  ! !
Seem, take that back, they are smarter.
While they were home alone today, they ate, drank water, played with all their toys, shed fur, slept in my bed and in general just had a nice day.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »

Off to  declare war on the weeds in my small garden.  Have to keep reminding myself some wise person once said that weeds are only plants that we have not found a use for yet.  Wish someone would urry up and find a use for them and then they will become scarce!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
BBL

I had a post already to go then rememberd they use to make a lot of rope out of that particular weed.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2007, 09:12:13 PM »

Thanks Old Fart.. Been thinking of stringing my 100 ft. elect cord threw trash bags, (level 1 for top of tent) tape that on the house, then taping more bags (like making a curtain) to it that cont. over plants and around the porch (open railing) then tape that bottom to the material below the porch.. vinyl (sp) and cement.

Eating left over piece of garlic bread and coke cola for fortification to the front!! Laughing  Laughing Putting SM sweatshirt on top.

Be back in half hour or less if lucky!

It's cold and darn, the street light is out!!! so is portch light... gee like a more wilder day... do neat things in the dark Rolling Eyes

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »

Carnut, I hear that Kansas is expecting ICE.  Not the immigration guys, but the slippery kind that puts cars and trucks in ditches.  Beckham aside, I want you to hunker down and stay off the roads.  Ok?  

I'm wondering why this guy would go out to get the younger boy and thinking maybe the older boy was getting too big to handle, too old to be "attractive" and was going to be killed.   Mad  So the perp goes out to get a new, younger one.

Yes - saw a true story on TV years ago about a young chap who had been abducted.  Had been picked up, told his parents had been killed and this guy had been appointed to be his guardian.  Well after living a less than wholesome lifestyle with this guy, the lad (now a young man) was finally found and went back to his family but could not settle into their ways which did not include drinking, smoking etc.  Think he left home again and lived a restless life but he had been away for many years so hope this young lad only being away for 4 years will not have problems.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Thanks Old Fart.. Been thinking of stringing my 100 ft. elect cord threw trash bags, (level 1 for top of tent) tape that on the house, then taping more bags (like making a curtain) to it that cont. over plants and around the porch (open railing) then tape that bottom to the material below the porch.. vinyl (sp) and cement.

Eating left over piece of garlic bread and coke cola for fortification to the front!! Laughing  Laughing Putting SM sweatshirt on top.

Be back in half hour or less if lucky!

It's cold and darn, the street light is out!!! so is portch light... gee like a more wilder day... do neat things in the dark Rolling Eyes

Can you string up a cord, put the bags over it like a tent, and then hold the bags down and in place with bricks or rocks or something?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »

Oboy do you have that one wrong.

Yes we've had ICE all day long.

My favorite pastime is getting out on the ice in my Blazer 4x4 and cruising around. I love to see the snow coming down while I drive, probably a lot like some folks enjoy doing on their skimobiles.

Kinda wonder if the captive boy talked old guy into getting him a 'brother'.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »

While they were home alone today, they ate, drank water, played with all their toys, shed fur, slept in my bed and in general just had a nice day.

Kinda like my days since I retired in 2002.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
BBL

I had a post already to go then rememberd they use to make a lot of rope out of that particular weed.

He He - none of that growing around here.  But you reminded me of some wags who planted a serrated leaf plant outside the Brisbane Police Station and it grew there for many weeks before it was noticed.   Some red faces around that day and even made it into local news.  Think it was an item in newspaper that tipped the cops off anyway.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:05 PM »

Am working and lurking as have goofed off one way or another most of today.  

KatGram,
Do you mean it was actually minus forty-six degrees F where you live today, not the wind chill but the actual degrees?   Shocked
I thought it only got that cold at places like GooseBay, Laborador or places on the frozen tundra where no one actually lived.

That is dreadful to think about.  I don't know how people breathe.  Do you wear a mask to go outside?  Would not your breath freeze in your lungs and things like that?

MOVE!!  MOVE NOW!!!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »

IBE
Not sure how tall of plants your are talking about....
but it you can stick something in the planter -- wood spoon, long tongs, parts a vacuum wand ... andyhing to support the tent
I'v used pillow cases.

BTY   if you have a car.. can you set some in it ?? even the trunk
Just wondering...
Good Luck

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

My favorite pastime is getting out on the ice in my Blazer 4x4 and cruising around. I love to see the snow coming down while I drive, probably a lot like some folks enjoy doing on their skimobiles.

Humm, just realized my street looks just like it did in the pics in my SIG.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
[I don't know.  I just had a note from the breeder advising me to get in touch with them and they responded when I did. I will let you know what Derrie tells me.  Laughing

Anna, how old will this little girl be when she wants a boyfriend? Six months or one year.

She will probably want one between 9 and 12 months but she won't be allowed to have one until she is about 18 months.   Very Happy

In breeding anything, always better if one has some experience, too.  Human being might be the exception to that, am speaking of animals.

LMBO, Anna.  "Better if one has some experience..."  Poor baby.  You mean I have to keep her crated through two (what is it they call it before the cars actually race?)

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Carnut
Or the guy thought the 1st boy needed a brother?

Gotta ask... a 4x4 on ICE  in 4x4 mode (without studs/chains  etc) ..any better  (at normal  driving / not pure fun) or worse than a 2x front or rear drive.

TIA

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: January 12, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

Well, no word on the Kalpoe suit.   Sad

So happy those boys were found.   Very Happy

Pesos at pizza place prompting death threats is ridiculous.   Shocked  It did prompt just as ridiculous retorts on an AOL message board.  Sort of like the Aryan race is going down, they're taking over.   Shocked

Beckham did another press conference and Rosie-Donald got less play.   Smile

Plane crash.   Crying or Very sad

Iraq and Bush, Iraq and Bush.   Confused

bbl

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: January 12, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
[
LMBO, Anna.  "Better if one has some experience..."  Poor baby.  You mean I have to keep her crated through two (what is it they call it before the cars actually race?)

Yes, ma'am, but I am not even sure that is possible with these high energy breeds.  If she wants out, she is likely to do just that and be darned clever about it.

It is best.  And one cycle is a must, never hold the main event without a rehersal and two are better than one.  You want her own bones to be set first, etc.  

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.