May 01, 2024, 05:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94391 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2007, 10:48:26 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Had to come back inside - too hot for gardening  Must be getting close to 30C
- translates to near 90 F - and a fierce dry heat.  UV Index is sky high (pun intended) and we do not have large city smog to filter it.  Too hot for here even thought it is middle of summer and need rain badly.  Weather has certainly changed since I left here 25 years ago.  Global warming - or do I blame John Howard and/or George Bush????

O/T  Does anyone else have problems understanding Greta?  At first I thought it was her accent but then realised I can understand all the other ladies on there.  Seems to me she is trying to speak with her jaws wired together.  Meow

Blame George Bush, everyone else does.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »

Is there still going to be a news conference on the recovery of the missing boys or has that been cancelled?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:41 PM »

Ok, where did my avatar go? I do not see any of you with it. So where is it?

Just a swinging with the tribe
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »

Tibrogargan, I have already figured out what causes global warming.

The hot air every time Al Gore opens his mouth.

If there was ever a person I cannot STAND, he is that man. THANK YOU LORD for sparing us from that guy. I will always be convinced that the hand of God made the chads hang.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: January 12, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Thanks Old Fart for the warning on the ice storm. The tv has it imprinted on the screen. [/b]Ice storm warning

I got the right mug. Name must have been easy for them. Mine came by Louisville, KY.

I am going to try to do a search on the boy Steven ( I can't remember his last name)who was missing for so many years. He also was found because of his captor kidnappping another boy. I know he wound up being killed in a motorcycle accident a few years later. Then his younger brother (not kidnapped or anything ) wound up killing some folks I think at Yosemite. I know a sad story. I just hope these boys can recover.

Yes Sam - that was name of TV film/show  "My Name is Steven"  Was only thing he remembered through all those years.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Frijole,
You must complain more in that area.  Call your governor and ask him to declare a state of emergency.  Contact senators and congressmen.  The governor could call a press conference.

This is not right and some help should be available if asked for.  There should be funding to get the power restored at least as that poses all kinds of risks, etc.  

But I think it has to start with the governor as the head of the state.  He must be the one to ask for help and OK it.  I wonder if he has asked for anything.  He needs to get the electricity back in the rural communities.  Bet is is where the hospitals, etc. are located.  Maybe the local utilities have something to do with this as well but would be for investigating and finding out who is dragging their feet.

Anna,

The governor is very involved and he has called a state of emergency.  This is the only state that has their own power distribution (lower fuel costs) and so they are all over it.

Problem is that the infrastructure of the entire central portion of the state lost the POLES and the wires due to a major ice storm.  Crews are coming from around the country.  It is just so severe that it will take another MONTH in some areas.  Damage to electrical eqpt is more than 200 million dollars.

Today's high was 15 here.  Below zero with the wind factor.  Cattle and other animals are dying.

In tonite's Omaha paper they said the problem with getting the word out in the PRESS is that you can't show cold in a picture.  You can't show no electricity.  (I argue but....)  They just established a relief effort where donations can be made.  They also are allowing those affected to file for temporary unemployment.  (Course self employed farmers can't apply for that!)

The churches are now involved and will take care of their own.  I just think it is a shame that things like this are happening in our own country (it's not just Nebr. - there are other states with these problems) and the so called NEWS MEDIA is talking about Donald and Rosie and the nasty cheerleaders in Texas.  It is a joke.  

Whew... end of rant.  Thanks for listening!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »

Thanks Old Fart for the warning on the ice storm. The tv has it imprinted on the screen. [/b]Ice storm warning

I got the right mug. Name must have been easy for them. Mine came by Louisville, KY.

I am going to try to do a search on the boy Steven ( I can't remember his last name)who was missing for so many years. He also was found because of his captor kidnappping another boy. I know he wound up being killed in a motorcycle accident a few years later. Then his younger brother (not kidnapped or anything ) wound up killing some folks I think at Yosemite. I know a sad story. I just hope these boys can recover.

Sam
Ice started here about 4 hrs. ago.. Tress are sparkley not druping down yet but it is moving sooooo slooow may be worse than 1st of DEC.
Lost my UPS tracking... but I thought my mug came our of Missouri / Kansas ? OR that may have been 1st stop before the road trip...starated

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:51 PM »

Sam
Ice started here about 4 hrs. ago.. Tress are sparkley not druping down yet but it is moving sooooo slooow may be worse than 1st of DEC.
Lost my UPS tracking... but I thought my mug came our of Missouri / Kansas ? OR that may have been 1st stop before the road trip...starated

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: January 12, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

Do I understand correctly the the 2 boys were NOT kidnapped at the same time? I have heard next to nothing about it.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: January 12, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »

Embarassed   HIckup... Hickup  Wink

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: January 12, 2007, 10:54:30 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Tibrogargan, I have already figured out what causes global warming.

The hot air every time Al Gore opens his mouth.

If there was ever a person I cannot STAND, he is that man. THANK YOU LORD for sparing us from that guy. I will always be convinced that the hand of God made the chads hang.

Amen Brother, Amen!  

It's the first thing I thought of when the Twin Towers were hit too... yikes.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: January 12, 2007, 10:55:39 PM »

Do I understand correctly the the 2 boys were NOT kidnapped at the same time? I have heard next to nothing about it.

One missing since 2001, SB.  A miracle he is still alive.  

So does anyone know about the news conference?  On or Off?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:48 PM »

If gore had stolen that election, after September 11 we would all either be dead or singing "KumBaYah" in Arabic.

Sorry to digress klaas, but this is something that stirs me up. I'll be happen to switch topics to the Gators if y'all prefer LOL!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
Quote from: "Anna"

Frijole,
You must complain more in that area.  Call your governor and ask him to declare a state of emergency.  Contact senators and congressmen.  The governor could call a press conference.

This is not right and some help should be available if asked for.  There should be funding to get the power restored at least as that poses all kinds of risks, etc.  

But I think it has to start with the governor as the head of the state.  He must be the one to ask for help and OK it.  I wonder if he has asked for anything.  He needs to get the electricity back in the rural communities.  Bet is is where the hospitals, etc. are located.  Maybe the local utilities have something to do with this as well but would be for investigating and finding out who is dragging their feet.

Anna,

The governor is very involved and he has called a state of emergency.  This is the only state that has their own power distribution (lower fuel costs) and so they are all over it.

Problem is that the infrastructure of the entire central portion of the state lost the POLES and the wires due to a major ice storm.  Crews are coming from around the country.  It is just so severe that it will take another MONTH in some areas.  Damage to electrical eqpt is more than 200 million dollars.

Today's high was 15 here.  Below zero with the wind factor.  Cattle and other animals are dying.

In tonite's Omaha paper they said the problem with getting the word out in the PRESS is that you can't show cold in a picture.  You can't show no electricity.  (I argue but....)  They just established a relief effort where donations can be made.  They also are allowing those affected to file for temporary unemployment.  (Course self employed farmers can't apply for that!)

The churches are now involved and will take care of their own.  I just think it is a shame that things like this are happening in our own country (it's not just Nebr. - there are other states with these problems) and the so called NEWS MEDIA is talking about Donald and Rosie and the nasty cheerleaders in Texas.  It is a joke.  

Whew... end of rant.  Thanks for listening!

Frijole,
I am very interested especially living in a rural area myself.  A while back I donated all my hay as I don't have any cattle right now.  But think it was in exchange for hay in Colorado, not sure, through local breeders org.  Simmental.

But I think if more people knew, maybe something could be done.  I wonder if the utility would allow Army Corp of Engineers to assist or not?
There has to be a better way to do this than taking months to repair the damage.

But then so much of the Katrina damage has not been addressed and it received lots of publicity.

I wish I knew some way to help.   Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Cat"
I am lost,what are talking about?I will figure it out later.it is cold and for thr record,here we use sand and sit home and clears up.Cat

Cat
you posted something about a Dr. & KCL / KLC  ???
I asked back a page or four ...what the heck you were talking about .
TIA

It had something to do with treatment for pedophiles.  I thought it might be a remedy that would give cats nightmares.   Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #595 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:29 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Dihannah1 - Personalized Mug Large Mug  
Product Number: 98870918

Mishy - Personalized Mug Large Mug
Product Number: 98582511

The person in the warehouse gets a shipping list that says Dihannah1-Personalized Mug Large Mug #98870918.  He pulls Mishy's in error.

Ok, thanks Klaas.  I'll email them.

Just out of curiosity, does SM get any proceeds or anything for sales from cafeexpress for using them?  I think they should, but just wondering.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:29 PM »

If gore had stolen that election, after September 11 we would all either be dead or singing "KumBaYah" in Arabic.

Sorry to digress klaas, but this is something that stirs me up. I'll be happen to switch topics to the Gators if y'all prefer LOL!

Laughing  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: January 12, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »

One was kidnapped approx 5 days ago, the other kidnapped in 2002.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:36 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Dihannah1 - Personalized Mug Large Mug  
Product Number: 98870918

Mishy - Personalized Mug Large Mug
Product Number: 98582511

The person in the warehouse gets a shipping list that says Dihannah1-Personalized Mug Large Mug #98870918.  He pulls Mishy's in error.

Ok, thanks Klaas.  I'll email them.

Just out of curiosity, does SM get any proceeds or anything for sales from cafeexpress for using them?  I think they should, but just wondering.

Yes, SM gets a small percentage from each sale.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:37 PM »

SB

I hope this link works to Fox News Kansas City http://tinyurl.com/ye8n8u

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.