May 01, 2024, 03:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94376 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »

Infrastructure damage is VERY hard to undo. Power companies are extremely specialized in what they do. It is not the easiest thing in the world to mobilize what is needed to fix a BIG outage with physical damage.

Electricity is something we all take for granted WAY too much, until we lose it for any length of time.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:09 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "sb"
Do I understand correctly the the 2 boys were NOT kidnapped at the same time? I have heard next to nothing about it.

One missing since 2001, SB.  A miracle he is still alive.  

So does anyone know about the news conference?  On or Off?

Don't know.  I watched the earlier news conference and live news coverage of it while it was happening.  I didn't realize there was going to be another news conference tonight.  Greta did have a segment on her show about it tonight.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »

Infrastructure damage is VERY hard to undo. Power companies are extremely specialized in what they do. It is not the easiest thing in the world to mobilize what is needed to fix a BIG outage with physical damage.

Electricity is something we all take for granted WAY too much, until we lose it for any length of time.

Yep. If one is gonna live in the boonies one needs to be prepared and not count on anyone to come to the rescue.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: January 12, 2007, 11:05:27 PM »

Well, I saw Greta but wanted the Sheriff or somebody official to come out and tell us all about it, etc.  Not Greta.   Sad

And she had the nerve to go on and on about lie detector tests.  Why didn't her hero Joran take one?  Huh, huh, huh???

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:44 PM »

ok, Steven Stayner was abducted in 1972 at age 7 by Reverend Kenneth Parnell. He was held until 1980. Died in Motorcycle accident 1989.

His older brother Cary Stayner was arrested in I think 199 for the killings at Yosemite while working there as a handyman.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:57 PM »

Tibrogargan, I have already figured out what causes global warming.

The hot air every time Al Gore opens his mouth.

If there was ever a person I cannot STAND, he is that man. THANK YOU LORD for sparing us from that guy. I will always be convinced that the hand of God made the chads hang.

sb.  If we silenced all the politicians do you think the earth would plunge back into an ice age?   Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: January 12, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Cat"
I am lost,what are talking about?I will figure it out later.it is cold and for thr record,here we use sand and sit home and clears up.Cat

Cat
you posted something about a Dr. & KCL / KLC  ???
I asked back a page or four ...what the heck you were talking about .
TIA

It had something to do with treatment for pedophiles.  I thought it might be a remedy that would give cats nightmares.   Wink  Wink

Cat I found stuff on the Dr.   but not the other reference ??? K...
something... to tired to read back now... Help me out..
Carnut thought it was about of Psychology   ... Just wondering if it would help J2K's  see things better..

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:22 PM »

Well, I saw Greta but wanted the Sheriff or somebody official to come out and tell us all about it, etc.  Not Greta.   Sad

And she had the nerve to go on and on about lie detector tests.  Why didn't her hero Joran take one?  Huh, huh, huh???

I watched the earlier conference and this article pretty much says it all to this point.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243479,00.html

Here's a current photo of the suspect:

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:51 PM »

Tibrogargan, I have already figured out what causes global warming.

The hot air every time Al Gore opens his mouth.

If there was ever a person I cannot STAND, he is that man. THANK YOU LORD for sparing us from that guy. I will always be convinced that the hand of God made the chads hang.

sb.  If we silenced all the politicians do you think the earth would plunge back into an ice age?   Laughing  Laughing

No, but a lot of us would enjoy life a lot more.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #609 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Do I understand correctly the the 2 boys were NOT kidnapped at the same time? I have heard next to nothing about it.

One missing since 2001, SB.  A miracle he is still alive.  

So does anyone know about the news conference?  On or Off?

Don't know.  I watched the earlier news conference and live news coverage of it while it was happening.  I didn't realize there was going to be another news conference tonight.  Greta did have a segment on her show about it tonight.

No, they had planned on doing a news conference tonight, but I understood they weren't going to after they found the two boys.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Yep. If one is gonna live in the boonies one needs to be prepared and not count on anyone to come to the rescue.

I agree, up to a point.  I have access to heat that does not require electriticy, etc.  However, I do think one has somewhat of a reasonable expectation of not being without power for such an extended time.  

And I would think most any legit org could set utility poles.  That is not very specialized.  At some point, FEMA should kick in and be able to do something.

Oh, I forgot.  They only tell people to run, run fast!!   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

Anna,

I went to the power company's website and there are all kinds of photos and video.

http://www.nppd.com/

Nebraska Rural Response Hotline: 800-464-0258
Hotline run by American Red Cross and Salvation Army

Tomorrow night is our company holiday party and we are having a silent auction with money going to charity.  I am pretty sure I can convince everyone to write checks to this group.

Sorry to be so O/T all... I'll shut up and talk with SB about Gator football.  Wink  Wink  Laughing  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:07 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
ok, Steven Stayner was abducted in 1972 at age 7 by Reverend Kenneth Parnell. He was held until 1980. Died in Motorcycle accident 1989.

His older brother Cary Stayner was arrested in I think 199 for the killings at Yosemite while working there as a handyman.

Was a very degenerate lifestyle for a Reverend, unless the film overplayed that facet.  
Did not know about the brother.  Maybe the upheaval in his family life contributed to his troubles.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #613 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:09 PM »

My local news just had a spot about the boys being found  Smile
SOoooooooo happy to hear that~!!!!!!!!!!
 Evening Monkey peoples.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I am lost,what are talking about?I will figure it out later.it is cold and for thr record,here we use sand and sit home and clears up.Cat

Cat
you posted something about a Dr. & KCL / KLC  ???
I asked back a page or four ...what the heck you were talking about .
TIA

It had something to do with treatment for pedophiles.  I thought it might be a remedy that would give cats nightmares.   Wink  Wink

Cat I found stuff on the Dr.   but not the other reference ??? K...
something... to tired to read back now... Help me out..
Carnut thought it was about of Psychology   ... Just wondering if it would help J2K's  see things better..

I'm sorry, I've got her book and some the studies in the basement. But due to the efficiency of my storage methods I ain't a gonna be goin down there anytime soon to dig it up.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:21 PM »

Tibrogargan
 Embarassed   I mixed your post up with Cat   Sorry
do you happen to know what they were talking about Confused

TIA

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #616 on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:33 PM »

Hi Yah Bean,.. LOL
Who you be smoocihn on, huh?   Smile
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #617 on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »

I agree Anna, I would have liked somebody official come on and speak.  But I think they are tying up loose ends, allowing the family to have some quiet time tonight.  Probably hear more tomorrow.
And your right,  I was soooo aggravated with her constant asking about the lie detector test.  That poor kid didn't have a clue of what she was trying to get at.  She just kept poinding him about it, as to stir up anger from him....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Seems a sad fact to me that one does not have to live in the boonies to be vulnerable, all of us need to prepare for a disaster and not expect anyone to come help right away.  Once again I am reminded, as I live in an earthquake prone area, that I am not prepared. I have had company, and did not know these winter storms were causing havoc, although the fact that I am extremely cold in So Cal should have been a tip off for me. (I check in here often and popping in to say hello to you all and I have not forgotten the event that brought this group together.)

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »

I will never forget back in '04 right after a hurricane hit down in Louisiana (I think it was Rita) that I was driving down the Interstate between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa and suddenly passed what seemed like an endless convoy of power company trucks and equipment. It must have have been 2 or 3 MILES long, it took several minutes for me to pass them and they were only going along about 45-50 MPH. One after the other after the other.

Every one of them had license plates from NEW BRUNSWICK.

That's the far end of Canada, for those who are geography-challenged. ALL of those vehicles had driven down THAT distance to fix the power outages of that storm. It spoke of the lengths they have to go to to get things fixed.

And that hurricane was like a stiff breeze compared to Katrina.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.